He’s a famous producer.
麦克斯·高登发现了朱迪·霍莉黛
Max gordon discovered judy holliday…
人称百老汇之王
And is generally considered the king of broadway.
今天的海真漂亮啊
It is a beautiful ocean today, isn’t it?
什么颜色来着
What color would you say it was?
蓝色
Blue.
没错
You’re absolutely right.
蔚蓝色
Sapphire.
这真是世界上最美的地方
Oh, this is the most beautiful place on earth.
真不明白为什么会有人喜欢纽约
I don’t know how anyone could prefer new york city.
很抱歉打扰您午餐
I’m terribly sorry to interrupt your luncheon,
可我们还没正式介绍彼此呢
But I know we haven’t been properly introduced.
我是 伊迪丝·布维尔·比尔 您是麦克斯·高登
I’m edith bouvier beale and you’re max gordon.
谢谢 我吃了点东西 正在纳闷儿呢
Thank you. I’d had a few of these and I started to wonder.
听说您又开始挑选女演员了
I hear you’re on the lookout for the next great actress.
我正准备拍个音乐剧
I am casting a new musical this summer.
我特别喜欢音乐剧
I just adore musicals…
我舞跳得很好
And I do terrific dances.
我刚刚唱的是弗吉尼亚进行曲
I was doing the v.m.i. marching song,
他们在进行地面演习 我刚刚唱的时候
Which is a ground maneuver, and when I do that,
正有一架飞机飞过
See, that’s when the plane goes by.
你真是个喜剧天才
You’re quite the comedienne.
比朱迪·霍莉黛还幽默
you’re funnier than judy holliday.
七月底在同仁剧院进行面试
We’re holding auditions at the guild theater at the end of july.
给我办公室打个电♥话♥报上名
Ring my office, put yourself on the list for a shot.
我会想办法挤进去的
Well, I’ll try to squeeze it in.
谢谢您 gordon先生
Thank you, mr. gordon.
太感谢您了
Thank you very much.
也谢谢你
Thank you.
真可爱
Cute gal.
– 比尔小姐 -嗯?
– miss beale. – yeah?
你刚才表现得太好了
That was quite the little routine you put on in there.
谢谢您
Why, thank you, mr…
克鲁格 叫我开普就行 大家都这么叫
Krug. please call me cap. everybody does.
开普 这名字好
Cap, that’s marvelous.
我是随我妈妈叫的
I was named after my mother.
她也叫伊迪丝
She’s also edith.
可以跟我共进晚餐吗 伊迪丝?
Would you have dinner with me, edith?
午餐?
Lunch?
甜点?
Dessert?
你可以请我跳舞
You could take me dancing.
来 桃桃
Come on, pinky.
要付给梅德斯通俱乐部658美元48分
$658.48 to the maidstone club.
伊迪丝 我们退了吧
Edith, let’s just cancel it.
不行 伊迪 回来后会想去的
No, when edie comes home she’ll want to go.
-伊迪丝 她不会回来了 -不要这么说
– edith, she’s not coming home. – don’t say that.
我从布维尔托管基金里出
I’ll pay for it out of the bouvier trust.
下一个
Next.
p.c. shank & sons寄来的账单
Here’s one from p.c. shank & sons for $89.27…
82美元27分
For the heating oil.
寄给我丈夫
Send that one to my husband.
上个月已经寄过了
I already did last month.
你丈夫的妻子又寄回来了
Your husband’s wife sent it back.
我不想谈这个 古尔德
I am not in the mood for this, Gould.
现在不想 以后再说吧
Not now. we’ll finish later.
古尔德
Gould.
干什么
Yes, edith.
你知道没有你我会失去自我
You know I’d be lost without you.
我也是 亲爱的
And I you, darling.
就像飞蛾扑火
Like a moth to the flame.
没有了火焰 飞蛾怎么办
And what’s a moth without a flame?
我不太擅长跳舞
Dancing isn’t exactly my forte.
你跳得很好
You’re doing just fine.
他是个什么样的人
So what’s he like?
-谁 -杜鲁门总统
– who? – president truman.
我跟他在某些事情上观点不一致
He and I didn’t see eye to eye on certain things so i…
所以我辞去了内阁职务
Stepped down from his cabinet.
我非常喜欢政♥治♥
Oh, I just adore politics.
你怎么没被
How is it you haven’t been snapped up…
某个优秀的单身男子抢走呢
Up by some eligible bachelor yet, edith?
我讨厌单身男子
Oh, I’ve sworn off bachelors.
为什么
What do you have against bachelors?
他们就是群无聊 粗心
They’re boring, inconsiderate,
愚蠢 固执 被老妈宠坏了的毛小子
Pigheaded, stubborn, spoiled mama’s boys…
自以为自己怜香惜玉
Who think they have a premium on women,
却跟一大帮女孩子揪扯不清
Which unfortunately they have, There being so many of us girls around.
抱紧
Hang on.
但是人在失落的时候就会寻求出路
But one has got to make the most in a difficult situation,
所以绝望至极的女人
And that’s why women in desperation…
会去投奔已婚男人
Have turned to the married man.
已婚男人慷慨大方 温柔体贴
Married men are generous and discreet,
他们不会没事找事 不会粘着你
They don’t make a fuss, they don’t stick around…
他们也允许你拥有自己的工作
And they let you have a career if you want one.
大多数女孩都会嫉妒
Most girls would be jealous.
大多数女孩都不是伊迪丝·比尔
Most girls aren’t edith beale.
krug先生 我想要的
All I want in life, mr. krug,
只是个舞伴而已
Is a dance partner.
再见 伊迪丝
Goodbye, edith.

Shh!
天哪 太不小心了
Oh my gosh, you’re like a bull in a china shop.
-想被人发现吗 -对不起
– do you want to get caught? – I’m sorry.
天哪 要是被人发现你在这儿的话
Oh, god, if they find you here…
我就不用回家了 问都不用问
I’ll be out on the streets, no questions asked.
那是什么
What’s that?
开普 太漂亮了
Oh, cap, it’s divine.
-但这太昂贵了 -跟你很配
– but it’s far too generous. – it suits you.
你已经买♥♥了我了 是吗?
So you’ve bought me now, is that it?
当然不是
Of course not, eade.
我只是喜欢看你光彩照人的样子
I just love to see you shine.
-太迷人了 -得了
– it’s exciting. – oh, don’t.
我吃太多了
I ate too much.
我在试镜前要减肥
I have to lose weight before the audition.
我的天使 开普
Aw, my angel, Cap.
谁说你不能拥有一切
Who ever said you can’t have it all?
那不是伊迪丝·比尔
It wasn’t Edith Beale.
-你好 妈妈 是的 -伊迪
– hello, mother. yeah. – Edie.
什么声音
What was that?
我碰倒一只酒杯
I just knocked over a glass.
你有没有回复卡波特夫人的聚会邀请
Have you replied to Mrs.Cabot’s party invitation yet?
没有 我是说回了
No… I mean yes.
我已经告诉她很遗憾 我不想去为了个聚会
I sent my regrets. I don’t want to travel…
大老远跑到汉普顿去
All the way out to east Hampton for just one party.
但我希望不仅仅只是这个原因
Well, it wouldn’t be just for that, I hope.
-孩子 我很想你 -我也很想你 妈妈
– I miss you, chicken. – I miss you too, mother,
我得挂了
But I really must go.
我正在熨晚礼服
It’s just that I’m pressing my blouse…
快着火了
And it’s going to burn.
现在又要出去 太晚了吧
It’s a bit late to go out now.
不 妈妈
Oh no, mother.
着火了
It’s burning.
-伊迪 -明天
– Edie? – tomorrow.
明天我们再说
Tomorrow. we’ll talk again tomorrow.
不要 伊迪
No. Edie?
我也爱你 伊迪
I love you too, Edie.
你相信他说我比朱迪·霍莉黛还要有趣
Can you believe he said I was funnier than Judy Holliday?
-更漂亮 -他没有那么说
– and prettier. – he didn’t say that.
他应该说
He should have.
我卖♥♥弄风情了 但只是谈话
I flirt, but it’s all talk.
大多只是谈话
Mostly.
真是相见恨晚
I wish I’d met you before.
开普

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!