灰色花♥园♥
大卫 你怎么这个时候才出现
Darling David, where have you been all my life?
你去哪儿了 去哪儿了
Where have you been, where have you been?
你去哪儿了啊
Where have you been?
我唯一需要的就是这个男人
The only thing I needed was this man.
-伊迪 -什么事
– Oh, Edie! – What?
你刚刚说什么
What did you say, Edie?
我唯一需要的就是这个男人 大卫
All I needed was this man… David.
不 伊迪很漂亮 要什么有什么
No, she was gorgeous. Edie had everything.
她不记得以前的样子了
She doesn’t remember what she was.
随着时间的流淌
Everybody looks and thinks and feels differently…
每个人的外表 想法和感受都有所变化
As the years go by.
1936年 纽约市皮埃尔旅馆
伊迪你瞧
Edie, look.
妈妈亲爱的 是你陪嫁的首饰
Your wedding jewels, mother darling.
对呀
Yes.
小美人 帮妈戴上
Here…Do me up, chicken.
可能是我最后一次戴这个了
This might be the last time I wear these.
为啥
Why?
你说呢
Why?
下一次它将挂在你的脖子上
Because next time this will be dangling…
从妈这里下岗
From your neck, not mine.
而这些…
And these…
这些耳环…
These will grace the ears…
也将装扮保罗·格蒂(美石油大王)夫人
Of Mrs. J. Paul Getty.

Mother.
保罗·格蒂夫人
“Mrs. J. Paul Getty”.
和他的那枚戒指很配
That has a lovely ring to it.
要不就做乔丹·麦克拉纳汉夫人
Or Mrs. Jordan McClanahan.
听说他对你很有意思呢
Now I hear he has his eye on you.
今晚过后他一定会求婚的
He’s bound to propose after tonight.
你真是光彩照人啊
You look absolutely gorgeous.
那医生说得对 头发真长回来了
The doctor was right about your hair growing back.
没人会注意的
No one will notice.
医生也说这头发…
He also said that it could all fall out…
随时有可能再一次掉光
Again at any moment, so I have that…
得早有准备 对不
To look forward to, haven’t I?
没事的
It’ll be fine.
别让客人等久了
Now don’t be long.
-先生 -伊迪丝 你可真美啊
– Sir. – Edith, you look divine.
闺女呢
Where’s little Edie?
-还没准备好吗 -得给孩子点时间
– Isn’t she ready yet? – She needs a minute.
老婆 已经过去1个多小时了
It’s been over an hour, darling.
你是了解伊迪的
Well, you know Edie.
总是冷不丁的惊艳四座
Always the queen of the dramatic pause.
我想借此机会献唱一首歌♥
I suppose I could entertain our guests…
来招待久等的贵宾
With a little song while we wait.
我想没等闺女出场他们可能就会走的
I prefer they don’t leave before Edie has been presented,
不过谢谢你呀 老婆
But thank you, Edith.
咱们闺女在那儿呢
Ah. There’s our girl.
比尔小姐 大家都等着您呢
Miss Beale, they’re ready for you.
伊迪
Edie!
伊迪
Edie.
回来进屋
Come on back in.
不要
I can’t.
伊迪丝 你不露脸
Edith, you’ll never get a man to propose to you…
没有男人会向你求婚的
If you don’t have a debut.
若是没有男人求婚
And if you can’t get a man to propose to you,
-你就…-还不如死了算了
– Well, you just… – “You might as well be dead”?
你要是不结婚的话 自己怎么…
If you don’t get married, how on earth…
你想自己熬一辈子吗
Do you plan to take care of yourself?
你知道我想成为演员 舞蹈家
You know I want to be an actress and a dancer.
你嫁给了我爸
Once you married father,
他让你放弃了歌♥唱
He made you give up your singing.
我可不想学你
I won’t let that happen to me.
妈还能唱
I still sing,
而且婚姻生活非常完美
And I have a perfectly marvelous marriage.
伊迪 你什么时候才能想明白
When are you going to learn, Edie?
婚姻和事业其实可以兼得
You can have your cake and eat it too in this life.
那不可以 妈
No, you can’t, mother darling.
伊迪 找个男人
Edie, find a man…
拴住他
Who’ll give you a long leash,
结婚
Get married…
然后随心所欲 想干什么干什么
And then you can do whatever you want.
来吧
Come on.
(美著名航♥空♥家 工程师 企业家 电影导演 花♥花♥公♥子♥)
霍华德·休斯夫人这头衔怎么样
How about Mrs. Howard Hughes?
够恶心的
Too greasy.
这回答我满意
You’re absolutely right.
1973年 纽约市东汉普顿
伊迪 伊迪
Edie? Oh, Edie!
喂过巴斯特了吗
Have you fed Buster?
中饭喂过了 妈
Yes, mother, I fed him his luncheon.
真是太臭了
Oh, there’s a horrible smell.
受不了啊
I can hardly stand it.
别抱怨了 今天是个难得的好天气
Oh, will you shut up? It’s a goddamn beautiful day.
闭嘴吧
Just shut up!
瞧瞧 猫咪把谁引到咱家了
Well, look what the cat dragged in!
-是梅索斯的(纪录片制♥作♥公♥司♥) -你好 伊迪
– It’s the Maysles. – Hello, Edie.
正念叨你们呢
I was just thinking about you.
哪阵风把你们吹来的
What brings you out to grey gardens?
我们想拍摄一部关于您和您母亲的电影
We’d like to do a movie just about you and your mother.
真的吗 那布维尔那部呢
Really? What about the Bouvier movie?
是不是杰基太忙 没档期
Well, Jackie’s probably too busy…
扮演亚里士多德·奥纳西斯(希腊船王)啊
Being Mrs. Aristotle Onassis, huh?
您哪位姓李的表兄不太感兴趣
Your cousin Lee sort of lost interest in that and…
所以夭折了
Pulled the plug.
太不幸了
Oh, al, that’s terrible.
您和您母亲才是最佳人选
You and your mother were the best part of it,
这可是大实话
To be perfectly honest.
我和母亲很受欢迎 倒是不假
Mother and I are very entertaining, that’s true.
这电影当真只有我和母亲演出
So this movie would just be starring me and mother,
-没其他人吗 -正是如此
– No one else? – That’s the idea.
这么说来 鸠占鹊巢
Well, then it looks like the Beales…
比尔抢了布维尔的电影
Just stole the Bouvier movie.
这感觉太棒了
This is great.
这将会是一个非常好的机会
This is going to be my big chance…
我可以东山再起
My chance to relaunch my career.
伊迪
Edie!
梅索斯到咱家要拍部电影
The Maysles are back to make a movie…
只有你和我的电影
About us, mother darling.
你想她会同意吗
Do you think your mother will go along with it?
这是她的房♥子 她是主人
It’s her house and she has in it…
她想让谁进谁才能进
Who she wants in it.
你们明白吧
You understand.
天呀 真是抬举我了
Oh my heart, how perfectly flattering.
您好 比尔夫人
Hello, Mrs. Beale.
我这样一个老太婆 不
An old woman like me, no.
不会是你们要找的演员的
I’m not much of an actress you know.
敞开天窗说亮话
So voice now explain to me
到底怎么回事
Exactly how would this work?
有剧本吗 我记台词挺快的
Is there a script? I’m a very quick study.
你是导演 大卫吗
Are you the director then, David?
没剧本 没导演
Well, no script. No director.
是部纪录片 你想干什么干什么
It’s a documentary. You just do what you do,
我们在幕后 不参与
And we just stay in the background.
就是一部艺术家自传
Just artists making a film about artists.
我们母女俩一直挺着迷电影
We’ve always been mad about the movies…
特别是莱斯莉·卡伦出演的那部《金粉世界》
“gigi” with Leslie Caron.
太精彩了 你们看过吗
Oh, marvelous. Did you ever see that?
当然
Of course.
听起来倒是让人很兴奋呀
It all sounds terribly exciting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!