-你当然可以 -我做不到
– Yes, you can. – I can’t write.
-花五分钟就够了 答应我 -这太丢人了
– Take you five minutes. Promise me. – It’s embarrassing.
写信没用的
They ain’t gonna be no good.
写信比打长途电♥话♥便宜多了 托尼
It’s a lot cheaper than calling long distance, Tony.
答应我你会写信给我
Promise me you’re gonna write.
我答应你
I promise.
给 今天就存进银行
Here… Put this in the bank today.
是我一半酬劳
It’s half my pay.
这几个三明治是给你和谢利医生的
Oh, here is a couple of sandwiches for you and Dr. Shirley.
谢谢
Thanks.
-小心点 -我会的
– Be careful. – I will.
-我爱你 -我也爱你 宝贝
– I love you. – I love you too, baby.
你圣诞必须回家 不然就永远别回来了
You better be home for Christmas or don’t come home at all!
晚到的人没床位
知道了 老爸
I got it pop. I got it.
卡内基音乐厅
你好 我是托尼
Hey! I’m Tony.
那个司机 给我根烟行吗
The driver. Bum a smoke?
谢谢
Thanks.
你们是乐队成员吗
So, you’re with the band?
我是奥列格 大提琴手
Oleg. Cello.
我是贝斯手乔治
George. Bass.
我们不叫乐队 叫三重奏
And we’re not a band, we’re a trio.
三重奏
Oh, a trio?
好吧
Right.
-早上好 -早上好
– Good morning. – Good morning.
谢谢 阿米特
Thank you, Amit.
祝您旅途愉快 先生
Have a wonderful trip, Sir.
托尼 我们到目的地后
Tony, the first thing I’d like you to do,
你第一件事
when we arrive in the city,
就是去检查我要弹的那台钢琴
is check the piano where I’m playing,
按照合同规定 必须是斯坦威牌的
make sure it’s a Steinway as per my contract.
然后你要确保
And can you see to it that
我房♥里有一瓶卡迪萨克威士忌
there is a bottle of Cutty Sark in my room
斯坦威
每晚都要有
every night.
每天晚上吗
Every night?
你要是需要有人帮你喝酒的话
Well if you ever need any help with that…
不需要
I won’t.
请握好方向盘
Ten-and-two on the wheel, please.
对了 医生
Hey Doc.
我在行程上看到
I noticed on the itinerary thing,
最后一场演出在12月23日
last show’s on the 23rd December.
-对吗 -对 在伯明翰 圣诞演出
– Right? – Birmingham, yes. It’s a Christmas show.
我们能不能第二天早点出发
So, any way we could maybe hit the road early next morning
这样来得及赶回家过平安夜
so we could be home in time for Christmas Eve?
到时候看吧
We’ll see.
谢谢
Appreciate it.
你能不能把烟熄灭
Could you put out the cigarette please?
为什么
Why?
我在后面喘不上气了
I can’t breath back here.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
烟都进了我的肺 活都是我♥干♥的
Smoke’s going into my lungs. I’m doing all the work here.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢利医生
一切还好吗
没事 挺好的
好的 那我们匹兹堡旅馆见
记得预约晚餐
吃完立刻排练
你看什么看
What are you looking at?
-你会说德语吗 -刚才那是俄语
– You speak German, huh? – That was Russian.
我之前当兵的时候被分配到德国
Yeah, I was stationed in Germany in the army.
我能听懂你们说的一部分话
I can pick up a little bit of what you’re saying there.
你要小心德国佬
Watch out for them Krauts.
他们都是奸诈小人
They’re all sneaks.
肯尼迪当初就应该把他们全炸死
Kennedy shoulda bombed ’em when he had the chance.
还有现在那群古巴暴民
Plus now them Cuban bastards.
难道他们不应该跟着我们吗
Ain’t they supposed to be following us?
他们也有行程表 只要能准时赶到演出现场
They have the itinerary. As long as they get to the show on time,
我就不担心 你也不必担心
I am not worried about it and neither should you.
我完全不担心
I ain’t worried about nothing.
我告诉你 我担心的时候 你能看出来
Fact, when you see me worried, you’ll know.
-你绝对能看出来 -托尼 能不能安静一会儿
– You’ll know if I’m worried. – Tony. How about some quiet time?
当然
Sure.
你居然说了这句话
It’s amazing you said that.
能不能安静一会儿
How about some quiet time?
德洛丽丝 我老婆 她以前总这么说
Dolores, my wife, she used to say that all time,
也不是总这么说吧 但是有时候
well not all the time, but you know…
我下班回来的时候她就会这样说
She says it when I come off from work some time,
因为她陪了孩子们一整天
you know, she’s been with the kids all that day.
她就会说 托尼 能不能安静一会儿
And she would say, Tony… How about some quite time?
跟你刚才的语气一样
Exactly like how you said it.
真的 太神奇了
I mean… it’s amazing.
怎么样
How was that?
很咸
Salty.
你有没有考虑过当美食评论家
Have you ever considered becoming a food critic?
没 没有啊
No… Not really.
怎么了 很赚钱吗
Why? Is there money in it?
我只是觉得
I’m just saying, you have a
你描述食物的词汇很不可思议
marvelous way with words when describing food.
很咸
Salty!
太生动了 让人几乎能尝到
So vivid. One can almost taste it.
我只是说很咸
I’m saying it’s salty.
盐属于作弊行为
And salt’s cheating.
任何厨师都能把食物做咸 但是不加盐
Any cook can make things salty. But to make it taste
还能做得很好吃 做出其他滋味
good without the salt, with just the other flavors
这才叫本事
that’s the trick.
我们得尽快出发了
We should really get going soon
还想在晚饭前赶到匹兹堡
if we expect to get to Pittsburgh by dinner.
我以前当兵的时候
When I was in the army
认识一个匹兹堡来的人
I knew a guy from Pittsburgh
但是他称之为奶♥子♥堡
except he called it Tits-burgh
他说那里的女人奶♥子♥都很大
he said all the women there have huge tits.
太荒谬了
That’s absurd.
为什么匹兹堡的女人
Why would women in Pittsburgh
会比纽约的女人胸部大呢
have larger breasts than, say, women in New York?
很快我们就能一探究竟了
Guess we’ll find out, huh?
其实 你最开始雇用我的时候
You know, when you first hired me
我老婆买♥♥了一张你的唱片
my wife went out bought one of your records,
关于孤儿的那张
one about the orphans.
孤儿
Orphans?
对 封面上有一群小孩坐在篝火边
Yeah. Cover had a bunch of kids sitting around a campfire?
那是奥菲斯[发音类似]Orpheus.
对
Yeah.
《地狱中的奥菲斯》 根据法国歌♥剧创作的
Orpheus in the Underworld. It’s based on a French Opera.
而且封面上也不是小孩
And those weren’t children on the cover.
都是地狱里的恶魔
Those were demon in the bowels of hell.
真的假的 那这些孩子生前肯定很淘气
No shit. Must have been naughty kids.
-你要干什么 -我得尿一泡 医生
– What are you doing? – I gotta take a leak. Doc.
-在这里 现在吗 -你要我尿裤子里吗
– Here? Now? – You want me to piss my pants?
匹兹堡
宾夕法尼亚州
-医生 -下午好
– Oh hey Doc. – Good afternoon.
这笔钱给你做我们的杂费开销用
Take this for any incidentals we may need.
如果你想买♥♥什么东西
If you want to buy something,
不必问我 留好收据就行
you don’t have to ask, just keep the receipt please.
如果钱不够了就告诉我
When it runs low let me know.
谢谢
Oh, thanks.
还有一件事
One more thing.
音乐会前后 我们会参加许多活动
We will be attending many events before and after the concerts
会接触到全国上下
interacting with some of
一些很富有也很有修养的人们
the wealthiest and most highly-educated people in the country.
我觉得你有时候的措辞
It is my feeling that your diction
也许在三州地区很有魅力 但是在这里
however charming it may be in the tri-state area, could use some
还有待提高
finessing.