I ain’t ironing no shirts, and I’m not polishing nobody’s shoes.
如果你需要一个载你穿梭于城市之间的人
You need someone to get you from point A to point B?
需要一个确保途中不会出现问题的人…
You need someone to make sure there’s no problems along the way…
相信我 你到南方腹地
And believe me you in the deep South
肯定会有不少问题
there’s gonna be problems.
所以如果你想雇我 一周付我125美元
So if you want me, it’s a buck and a quarter a week.
要不你就雇刚走出去那个中国佬
Or go hire the little Chink that just pranced out of here,
看你能走多远
see how far you get.
瓦莱隆加先生
Well, Mr. Vallelonga.
谢谢你过来一趟
Thank you for stopping by.
鲍比 你好啊
Hey Bobby.
给我一杯瑞金淡啤
Give me a Rheingold.
要冰的
Ice cold.
托尼先生
Mr Tony.
奥吉问起你
Augie asking about you.
-快点 我快渴死了 -闭嘴 我在说话
– Come on, I’m dying of thirst over here! – Shut up. I’m talking.
-什么时候 -现在
– When? – Now.
他在他的包厢里
He in his box.
托尼·利普
Tony Lip.
在科帕俱乐部到底发生了什么
What the hell happened at the Copa?
我听说你把一个人的脸揍开花
I heard you split a guy’s face open.
你打的那个人 迈克·沙隆
That guy you hit. Mikey Charon.
他是”魔手”查理的手下
He was one of Charie the Hand’s crew.
他就该识相一点
Guess he shoulda known better.
“魔手”叫我调查此事
Hand asked me to look into it.
我找波德尔谈过了 整件事…
I spoke to Podell. Whole thing was a…
都是因一个娘们而起 对吧
over a piece of ass, right?
没错
Yeah.
俱乐部里绝对不该发生那种冲突
Beef like that should never happen inside the club.
是他们过分了
They were out of line.
所以我们把事情摆平了
So we squashed it.
你想挣点外快吗
You looking to earn a little extra scharole?
科帕关闭期间 我能给你活儿干
I can keep you busy while the Copa’s down.
我要做什么
What I gotta do?
各种工作
Things…
谢谢好意 但我打算好好陪家人
Appreciate it, but I’m gonna spend some time with the family.
别傻了 你多赚点钱
Don’t be stupid. You make yourself a few extra bucks,
给你那漂亮老婆买♥♥点好东西
buy something nice for that pretty little wife of yours.
不用了 我钱够用
Nah, I’m good. I’m flushed right now.
当铺
给你五十块 新年之前给我六十就把表还你
Here’s fifty. Pay me sixty by New Year, you get it back.
利普 没出什么事吧
Hey Lip. Everything OK?
你闲得蛋疼吗 查理
What? You got beak trouble, Charlie?
别多管闲事
Mind your business.
快告诉我
So come on.
你去医生那儿面试得怎么样了
Dying to hear what happened with the doctor interview?
他不是真正的医生 他是弹钢琴的
He ain’t a real doctor, he’s a piano player.
我不懂 为什么他们说他是医生
But I don’t understand, why’d they say that he was a doctor?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
他好像是钢琴演奏的医生之类的
I think he’s like a doctor of piano-playing or something.
有这种医生吗
You can be that?
估计有吧 他住在卡内基音乐厅楼上
I guess. He lives on top of Carnegie Hall.
你真该看看他家 小德
You shoulda seen this place, Dee.
放满雕像和各式各样的高级东西
It was filled with statues and all kinds of fancy crap.
他还穿着华丽的衣服 坐在一个王座上
And he was sitting on top of a friggin’ throne all dressed up
好像他是黑鬼的国王一样
like the king of the jungle bunnies.
他是黑人吗
He’s colored?
那你跟他和平相处一周都做不到
Then you wouldn’t last a week with him.
钱给够了 我就可以
For right money, I would.
喂
Yeah.
是这样的…
Look. Uh…
真的吗
Really?
好的 稍等
OK. OK. Hold on a sec.
是谢利医生
It’s Dr Shirley.
弹钢琴那个 他想跟你通话
The Piano guy, he wants to talk to you.
-我吗 -是的
– Me? – Yeah.
什么 不要
What? No!
过来 快接
Come here. Take it.
跟他聊聊
Just talk.
你好
Hello.
早安 医生 和你谈话很高兴
Good morning, Doctor, it’s nice to talk to you.
没错 那确实挺久的
Yes, that is a long time…
是的
It is.
对 我很确定
Yes. I’m sure.
感谢你的来电 再见
Thank you for calling… Bye now.
他说了什么
What did he say?
他问我介不介意
He wanted to know if I’d be okay with him
他带我丈夫离家两个月
taking my husband away from his family for two months.
他说会付你你要求的酬劳
He said he’d pay you what you asked for.
那是一大笔钱
It’s good money.
我们很需要
We need it.
我可没法每天吃下二十六个热狗
I can’t be eatin’ twenty six hot dogs every day.
我知道
I know.
我跟他说了 你可以去
I told him it was okay for you to go.
好了 酬劳先给你一半
Alright. Hey look. Here’s the first half of your pay.
巡演结束后再给你剩下那一半
You’re gonna get the rest when the tour’s over.
-我得按周领工资 -抱歉
– I gotta get paid every week. – Sorry,
这不是唱片公♥司♥的规矩
that’s not how the record company does it.
我们得确保你会完成工作
We gotta have some guarantee you’re gonna finish the job.
我为什么不会 我都接了 不是吗
Why wouldn’t I finish the job? I took it, didn’t I?
那你就没什么可担心的了
Well, then you’ve got nothing to worry about.
是这样的 瓦莱隆加先生
Here’s the deal, Mr. Vallelonga.
你的工作是准时将唐送到所有巡演地点
OK! It’s your job to get Don to all his tour dates on time.
如果他错过演出
Now if he misses any shows,
你就拿不到剩下的酬劳
you’re not getting your back-end.
他一场演出都不会错过的
He’s not gonna miss any show.
很好 你还需要这个
Good. Oh, you’re gonna need this.
这本就是我刚提到的书
Now this is the book I was telling you about.
有时你们住在同一家酒店
Sometimes you guys are staying in the same hotel,
有时不是
sometimes you’re not.
舒心出行
《黑人司机的绿皮书》
-对 -别让我失望 走吧
– Oh yeah, I do… – Yeah, don’t let me down. Let’s go.
-这就是那辆新车吗 -对 唱片公♥司♥租的
– Is this the new one? – Yeah. The record company rented it.
-不错吧 -很漂亮
– Nice huh. – Beautiful.
你要离家三周
So what my sister have to say
我妹妹有什么意见吗
about you being gone for three weeks?
是八周
Eight weeks.
我敢打赌 用不了一个月
Ten-to-one, you slap this moolie out,
你就会把那黑鬼打晕 开车回来
you come home in under a month.
-孩子们 -跟爸爸道别
– Hi boys. – Say goodbye to your father.
弗朗基 尼基 过来
Frankie, Nicky, come here.
-你们会乖乖的吧 -会
– Hi, will you be good boys? – Uh huh.
-听妈妈话 -好
– Listen to your mother? – Uh huh.
好 亲我一下 我指望你了
Alright, give me a kiss. I’m counting on you on this.
-别跑太远 -好
– Don’t go too far. – We won’t.
-你去汽车协会拿地图了吗 -拿了 不
– Did you go to the A-A-A for the maps? – Yes, no.
其实是唱片公♥司♥给我的地图
I mean the record company gave me maps
还有行程表和这玩意
and the itinerary and this thing.
《黑人司机的绿皮书》
The Negro Motorist Green-Book?
上面列出黑人在南部可住宿的所有地方
Yeah, it lists all places coloreds can stay down south.
算是黑人旅行指南
Like, you know, traveling while black.
黑人旅行指南
Traveling while black?
对 如果你是黑人 出于某种原因要旅行
Yeah. If you’re black and you gotta travel for some reason.
这还有专门的书吗
They had a special book for that?
我想是吧
I guess.
你带上熨斗了吗
Did you pack the iron?
我才不带熨斗 小德
I ain’t lugging no iron, Dee.
那你要怎么熨裤子
How’re you gonna press your pants?
我放在床垫下压平就行了
I’ll put ’em under the mattress.
你一有机会
I want you to write me a letter
-就要给我写信 -我写不了信
– every chance you get. – I can’t write letters.