Hey! There they are.
你好 约翰尼
Hi, Johnny.
-托尼 -保罗 你还好吗
– Tony! – Hey Paulie. How you doing?
我很好 约翰尼跟我说
I’m good. I’m good. So, Johnny here tells me
你曾一口气吃了48个白城♥堡♥汉堡
you ate forty-eight White Castle burgers all in one sitting.
是芝士汉堡
Cheese burgers.
-你来告诉他们 弗朗基 -我不信
– You tell them, Frankie. – I don’t believe you.
你信不信关我什么事
What do I care if you believe me?
戈曼
Gorman.
这里吃热狗的最高纪录是多少
What’s the record here for Hotdogs?
18个 肥保罗的战绩
Eighteen. Fat Paulie.
利普怎么没参加这个比赛
Why wasn’t Lip in on that contest?
什么比赛 我当时只是饿了而已
What contest? I was hungry.
赌局很简单 50美元
Bet’s simple. Half a C-note.
-比谁在一小时内吃的热狗最多 -带顶层配料的
– Most hotdogs in an hour wins. – With toppings.
你体重多少
What the hell you weigh?
-260磅 -你的左半边屁♥股♥都有260磅了
– Two sixty. – Your left ass weighs two sixty.
如果我撒谎 就让我岳母立刻死亡
May my mother-in-law drop dead on the spot if I’m lyin’.
-好吧 我应战 -很好
– Alright. You’re up. – Good.
加速啊 利普 那个象崽吃到第19个了
Pick it up Lip! The baby elephant just hit nineteen!
加油 利普 加油
Let’s go Lip! Let’s go. Come on.
你真丢人
You are embarrassing.
你让你儿子丢人了 他遥遥领先了
You’re embarrassing your son. He’s killing you.
-尼基 你在做家庭作业吗 -是的
– Nicky. You do your homework? – Yep.
很好
Good.
-你去哪儿了 -戈曼那里
– Where have you been? – Gorman’s.
我在做晚餐
I’m making dinner!
肥保罗跟我打赌50块
Fat Paulie bet me fifty bucks
认为他能比我吃下更多的热狗
he could eat more hot dogs than me.
他吃了24个 那家伙简直是畜生
He knocked off twenty four. Guy’s an animal.
你是疯了吗
Are you crazy?
你输了50美元吗
You lost fifty dollars?
德洛丽丝 拜托
Dolores. Please.
我吃了26个
I ate twenty six.
你真是太走运了
You’re so lucky.
你知道吗
You know that?
周一就得交房♥租了
Rent is due on Monday.
你不接电♥话♥吗
You’re gonna get that?
什么事
Yeah?
利普 有人打电♥话♥过来了
Lip. Some guy called over here,
是个博士 他在找一个司机
a doctor. He’s looking for a driver.
doctor同时也有医生的意思
-你有兴趣吗 -有
– You interested? – Yeah.
他们明天下午会举♥行♥面试
They’re interviewing guys tomorrow afternoon.
地址是…
The address is…
第七大道881号♥ 下午2点15分
Eight eighty one, 7th avenue, two fifteen.
卡内基音乐厅
-不好意思 -我们现在还未开业
– Excuse me. – We’re not open right now.
但你可以购买♥♥今晚的演出票
But you’re welcome to buy tickets to tonight’s performance.
不 不是这么回事
Nah. That’s not it.
我好像搞错地址了
I think I got the wrong address.
这里有医生的办公室吗
But is there a doctor’s office in here?
医生办公室
A doctor’s office?
谢利医生
Dr Shirley.
你的地址没错
You have the correct address.
谢利博士住在楼上 在大厅上面
Dr Shirley lives upstairs, above the hall.
你们好
How you doing?
我是来应聘司机职位的 托尼·利普
I’m here for the driver job. Tony Lip.
没有叫托尼·利普的
No Tony Lip.
不 名单上应该有才对
No, it should be on there.
没有
No.
我这倒是有个托尼·瓦…瓦莱…
I have a Tony Val… Valle…
瓦莱隆加 没错 就是我
Vallelonga. Yeah, that’s me.
-等候期间把这个填了 -什么
– Fill it out while you wait. – What?
等候期间把这个填了
Fill it out while you wait.
坐吧
Have a seat.
瓦莱隆加先生 抱歉让你久等了
Mr. Vallelonga, sorry to keep you waiting.
我是唐纳德·谢利博士
I’m Dr. Donald Shirley.
-叫我托尼吧 -好的 请坐
– Tony. – Yes. Please sit down.
你这个地方真奢华啊
Some place you got in here.
那些角是真货吗
Them horns real?
是象牙 没错
Elephant tusks. Yes.
那个呢
What about that?
那是臼齿吗
That a molar?
-什么 -臼齿
– A what? – A molar.
鲨鱼牙齿吗
Like a Shark tooth?
可能是虎牙吧
Tiger’s maybe.
是别人送的礼物
It was a gift.
我以为我是要来一个办公室呢
I thought, I thought I was going to a office.
他们跟我说有个医生需要一位司机
They said a doctor needed a driver.
他们就这么说的吗
That’s all they told you?
-是的 -实际上 要比这复杂得多
– Yeah. – Actually, it’s a bit more complicated than that.
你以前当过职业司机吗
Have you ever driven professionally before?
搞卫生的 开垃圾车
Sanitation. Garbage trucks.
并且我晚上会开车送我老板回家
Plus I drive my boss home at night.
但我什么车都会开
But I can drive anything.
豪华轿车 拖车
Limos, tow trucks.
铲雪车 什么都行
Snow palms, whatever.
我明白了 你还有其他什么经验
I see. What other experience do you have?
我在很多娱乐场所都工作过
I worked a lot of joints.
比如车轮酒吧 薄荷糖舞厅 科帕俱乐部
The Wagon Wheel, Peppermint Lounge, Copa
-什么岗位 -你什么意思
– In what capacity? – What do you mean?
你在这些地方负责做什么
What did you do there?
公♥关♥
Public relations.
首先 托尼
Well, first of all, Tony,
我不是医生 我是个音乐家
I’m not a medical doctor. I’m a musician.
-歌♥曲那种吗 -是的
– You mean like songs? – Yes.
我即将开启一段音乐会巡演
I’m about to embark on a concert tour,
大部分旅程都是南下
the majority of which will be down South.
-大西洋城吗 -不是
– Atlantic city? – No.
最南部 我们先从中西部开始
The deep south. First we’re starting in the Midwest,
然后一路向左
but then we’re taking a hard left.
去肯塔基 北卡罗来纳
Kentucky, North Carolina,
田纳西 穿越整个三角洲地区
Tennessee, and on down through the Delta.
预想一下 你觉得为黑人工作会不会有问题
Do you foresee any issues in working for a black man?
当然不会
No!
没问题 前几天我跟我妻子
No no. Just the other day me and the wife had
还邀请几个黑人来家里
a couple of colored guys over at the house.
喝东西
For drinks.
我知道了 你结婚了
I see, you’re married.
没错 有两个孩子
Yeah. Two kids.
我不确定已婚男人是否适合这份工作
I am not sure this is the proper job for a married man.
为什么 要带上女人吗
Why, we bringing broads?
我是指 你要离家八周
My point is, you’ll be gone for eight straight weeks,
中途没得休息 直到圣诞
no breaks, right up until Christmas.
你确定你能离开家人那么久吗
You’re quite sure you can leave your family for that long?
那要看你给我多少钱了
Depends on what you’re paying.
每周一百美元 包食宿
A hundred dollars a week, plus room and board.
但我要先说清楚 我不只是请一个司机
But let me be crystal clear… I’m not just hiring a chauffeur.
我要一个能处理我行程的人
I need someone who can handle my itinerary.
当我的私人助理 我需要一个侍者
Be a personal assistant. I need a valet.
一个能帮我洗衣 擦鞋的人
I need someone who can launder my clothes, shine my shoes…
祝你好运 医生
Good luck, Doc.
托尼
Tony.
我让我的唱片公♥司♥在城内打听 找合适的人选
I had my record label ask around town to find me the right man.
你的名字多次出现
Your name came up more than once.
你给一些人留下了深刻印象
You’ve impressed several people with your…
你具有解决麻烦的天赋
innate ability to handle trouble.
所以我才打电♥话♥问你能否来任职
And that is why I called and inquired about your availability.
这样行不 跟你一起出行没问题
OK, here is the deal. I got no problem being on a road with you.
但我可不是什么管家
But I ain’t no butler.
我不会给人干熨衣服 擦鞋的事