去睡吧 皮普 晚安
Go to bed, Pip. Good night.
先生
Sir.
起床 先生
Come on! Come on, sir!
起床了
Get up!
有人想见你 先生
Someone to see you, sir.
佩佩 我说过别叫我起床 除非…
Pepper, I’ve told you I’m not to be woken unless the…
你好吗 皮普
How are you, Pip?
我给你带了只烘烤叉
I brought you a toasting fork as a present,
可以帮你烤个松饼什么的
you know, for crumpets and the like.
但估计你用不着了
But I see you have no need.
很好的礼物 乔伊 谢谢你
That’s… It’s perfect, Joe. Thank you.
-茶还是咖啡 先生 -茶 谢谢
– Tea or coffee, sir? – Oh! Tea, sir, please, if you don’t mind.
我觉得咖啡的劲有些大
I find the coffee a little powerful.
-现在就我们俩了 先生 -先生
– Us two now being alone, sir… – Sir?
乔伊 你怎么叫我先生
Joe, how can you call me sir?
现在就我们俩了 皮普
Us two being now alone, Pip,
我来这个贵族的地方
I might tell you the reason
是因为
for me being in the abode of a gentleman,
我已经和A小姐谈过了
which is that I’ve had a communication with a certain Miss A.
A小姐是谁 乔伊
Miss A? Joe?
郝薇香小姐 她说有要事跟你谈
Miss ‘Avisham. She wishes to see you on a matter of great import.
乔伊 这是我的好朋友赫伯特·朴凯特
Joe, this is my good friend Herbert Pocket.
葛吉瑞先生 久仰大名
Mr Gargery, I’ve heard a great deal about you.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
还有什么事吗
Oh? What is there to say?
还有一件大事
A very great deal.
我们去庆祝一下吧
Now, suppose we have a celebration?
还不太适应吧 乔伊
It takes some getting used to, eh, Joe?
这地方虽然看着差些 但真的很不错
Now, this place may look a little rough but don’t be deceived.
我觉得 这是伦敦最好的餐馆
In my opinion, this is the finest place in London.
这里的烤鸭超级美味
Oh, and the pressed duck is superb.
给他拿着 乔伊
Let him take it, Joe.
乔伊
Joe.
你觉得伦敦如何 葛吉瑞先生
How do you find London, Mr Gargery?
伦敦真是个好地方啊
London! What a place! What a place!
当然 我不会在这里养猪
Course, I wouldn’t keep a pig in it myself.
毕蒂问你好 她现在是名好老师
Biddy sends her regards. She’s a teacher now, a good one.
她教我
She taught me.
叉子 F-O-R-K
Fork. F-O-R-K.
刀子 N-I-F-E 我知道不是这样写
Knife. N-I-F-E. I know it’s not!
-再来点酒 葛吉瑞先生 -好的
– More wine, Mr Gargery? – Yes, please.
乔伊 别喝了
Joe, please.
真的没必要
There’s really no need to
非喝光不可
be so conscientious in emptying your glass.
酒杯边缘不该碰到鼻子
The rim should never touch your nose, Joe.
先生们 我有事离开一下
Gentlemen, if you’ll excuse me.
生意做完了
Well, business concluded,
我马上得走
I’ll be off.
-你现在就走了 -是的
– You’re going now? – Yes, I am.
-把钱收起来 乔伊 -我请客
– Please, put your money away, Joe. – No. No, I insist.
-你不留下过夜吗 -不了
– You will not stay the night? – No, I won’t.
先生 先生
Sir! Sir!
看在上帝面上 乔伊 把钱收起来
For God’s sake, Joe, put your money away!
乔伊
Joe!
-至少让我送你去驿站吧 -我认得路
– At least, let me walk you to the coach. – I’ll find my way.
还没来得及好好聊聊呢 乔伊
But we have barely spoken, Joe.
我有几个地方想带你去看看
I wished to show you some sights.
你和我在伦敦不是一个阶层的人
You and me are not two figures to be together in London.
走出了炼冶场 走出了厨房♥
I’m wrong outside the forge, and the kitchen
离开了沼泽地我就浑身不自在
and the marshes.
假如你还愿意过来
You come sometime
只要从炼冶场的窗口探进头
and you put your head in at the window at the forge
看到铁匠乔还在那儿
and you’ll see Joe the blacksmith,
就不会觉得看我不顺眼了
and what larks we’ll have!
但在这里 皮普 我就是个大蠢蛋
But here, Pip, here I am most awful dull.
上帝保佑你 亲爱的皮普 老伙计
So God bless you, dear old Pip, old chap.
上帝保佑你
God bless you!
你认识路的
You know the way.
皮普
Pip.
你过得怎么样
How do you do?
我感觉你像在亲女王的手一样
You kiss my hand as if I was a queen.
-您要见我 -嗯
– You wished to see me? – Mm.
皮普
Pip.
我就要去伦敦了
I am to be sent to London.
有个展览 我会跟珠宝一起展出
I am to go on show, myself and the jewels.
你自己想去吗
Do you wish to go on show?
为什么这么问
Why ask?
我们没得选择 你我都是
We have no choice, you and I,
只能听从指示
but to obey instructions.
其实那天我在旁边都看到了 知道吗
I watched you, you know, that day.
为了我的名誉而战
Fighting for my honour.
想想我那时躲在一边偷看
I must have been a strange little creature
肯定古怪至极 但我不光看了
to hide and watch, but I did,
还很乐在其中
I enjoyed it very much.
你给了我莫大的奖赏
You rewarded me very much.
有吗
Did I?
你吻了我
You kissed me.
小可怜皮普
Poor Pip.
你想象自己是童话故事里的年轻骑士
You imagine yourself a young knight from a child’s story,
披荆斩棘 让世界重现光明
tearing away the cobwebs and thorns, letting in the sunshine.
最后迎娶了公主
Marrying the princess.
但是我要你明白 皮普 我没有心
But you must know, Pip, I have no heart.
我不信 如此佳人怎会没有心
I don’t believe it. How can there be beauty without a heart?
我的心可以被针♥刺♥被刀割
Oh, I have a heart to be stabbed in or shot in,
如果它真的停止跳动 我也就此长眠了
and if it ceased to beat, i should cease to be.
可这颗心硬如磐石
But there’s no softness there.
没有怜悯
No sympathy…
没有悲伤
Sentiment.
没有这些无意义的东西 生来如此
Nonsense. I’ve been made that way.
-我…-我是认真的 皮普
– Oh, I… – I am serious, Pip.
如果我们要相处下去 你就必须相信我
If we’re to be thrown together, you must believe me.
为了双方着想
For both our sakes.
对不起 我做不到
I’m sorry, I cannot.
我不会信
I will not.
很好 不管怎样话已至此
Very well. It is said at any rate.
走吧 郝薇香小姐还等着你
Come, Miss Havisham will be expecting you
像以前一样服侍她呢
at your old post.
她美吗
Is she beautiful?
动人吗
Is she graceful?
长成大姑娘了吧
Is she well-grown?
你仰慕她吗
Do you admire her?
当然
Of course.
那就爱她吧 好好爱她 皮普
Then love her. Love her, Pip.
如果她伤害了你 爱她
If she wounds you, love her.
如果她辜负了你 还是爱她
If she fails you, love her.
就算她把你的心扯成碎片
If she tears your heart to pieces,
随着岁月累积伤痕越来越深
as it gets older, it will tear deeper,
你还是要爱她 爱她 爱她
but love her, love her, love her!
我收留了她就是要她被宠爱
I adopted her to be loved.
我抚养了她就是要她被宠爱
I bred her to be loved.
我教育她让她蜕变成现在的样子
I educated her and I developed her into what she is.
你知道爱是什么吗 皮普
You know what love is, Pip?
就是盲目的忠诚
It is blind devotion.
是自我羞辱
It is self-humiliation.
是堕到尘埃里
It is degradation.
是绝对的唯命是从
It is utter submission,
如我对那个男人一样抛弃了自己的心和灵魂
giving up your heart and soul as I did to that man.
郝薇香小姐
Miss Havisham!
今天已经玩得够开心了
Enough excitement for one day.
皮普 麻烦明天一早
Pip, you’ve been requested

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!