Yes, dear boy. Yes.
是我把你塑造成了一位绅士
I’ve made a gentleman of you.
那时候我发誓
I swore that time
我赚的每一基尼
as sure as I ever earned a guinea,
都会是你的
that guinea should go to you.
不
No…
我生活艰苦 而你该过得风光体面
I lived rough that you should live smooth.
我努力工作 为了让你能逍遥自在
I worked hard that you should be above work.
是我造就了你
I made you!
我是你的 你的父亲 皮普
I’m your, your father, Pip.
不 不不不 你不是我父亲
No. No, no, no. You are not my father!
不是 不是
No, no.
我是说再生父亲
Your second father, then.
你是我的儿子 不对
You’re my son. No…
不对 你对我来说比儿子更重要
No, you’re more to me than any son.
看看你自己 好小子
Look at you, dear boy!
看看你住的地方
Look at these lodgings.
说是君主的居所也不为过
They’re fit for a lord.
还有 这块怀表和这枚戒指
And yeah, this watch and this ring
你的亚麻布你的衣服
and your linen and your clothes.
你的 你的书本
And your, your books, too.
你全都读过了 是吗
You read them all, have you?
你该读给我听听
You shall read them to me…
我觉得无比自豪
And I shall be so proud,
只因我造就了你这样一个男人
to think that I’m the maker of such a man.
我要睡了 安静地好好睡一觉
I must sleep, long and sound.
我已经好长时间没睡了
It’s a long time since I slept.
你会守着我的吧 好孩子
You’ll keep watch, dear boy?
到这儿来 过来
Cos, look here. Here.
我必须谨慎行事
Caution is necessary.
我被终生驱逐
I was sent for life.
回来就是死罪 被抓住就会被绞死
It’s death to come back. I should be hanged if took.
你冒着生命危险来找我
You risked your life to come to me?
没错 好孩子
That’s right, dear boy.
我 我甚至都不知道你的名字
I… I don’t even know your name.
马格维奇
Magwitch.
阿贝尔·马格维奇
Abel Magwitch.
-这些都是真的吗 -你不必告诉我
– Well, is it true? – Do not commit yourself.
什么都别对我说 我不想
Do not tell me anything, I do not want…
我被告知的事都是真的吗
Is what I’ve been told true?
告知这个词代表言语上的交流
“Told” implies verbal communication.
你没法同一个新南威尔士来的男人
You cannot have verbal communication
做言语交流
with a man in New South Wales.
你们一直都设法让我相信
I was always led to believe…
什么都没有
Nothing.
什么都没有
Nothing.
你只去相信你选择相信的
You believed what you chose to believe. Mmm-hmm?
我对此不负责任
It’s not my responsibility.
现在 你有个叔叔暂住你家
Now, I understand you have an uncle staying with you.
对吗 对吗
Yes? Yes?
-是这样 -这就对了
– Yes. – Right.
我想你还是给他买♥♥点儿新衣服
May I, suggest you buy him some new clothes,
并建议他最好一直待在你的房♥间里
advise him to spend most of his time in your rooms
再或者把头发理一理
and perhaps have a haircut.
懂了吗
Yes?
同时 如果你想给
Meanwhile, if you are writing to your friend
在新南威尔士的朋友写信
in New South Wales,
你可以把这封一并寄去
you may choose to send him that.
我们账户的结算
The balance of our accounts.
我提供的服务就此结束
My services are ended.
再会 皮普先生
Good day, Mr Pip.
在沙提斯庄园的那段时光 我只是个
All that time, in Satis House, I was just a…
是个呆板木讷的穷小子
A mechanical heart to practise on.
艾丝泰娜注定并不属于我
Estella was never meant for me at all.
而作为我的监护人的你
And you, my “Guardian”,
其实对所有一清二楚
have known this all along.
你也可能从别人口中听到这些
Well… You may as well hear this from me as anyone else.
是蜘蛛男耍了些手段
The Spider has played his hand.
有什么能为你效劳的吗
Can I help you?
把门打开 朱穆尔 否则我发誓
Open this gate, Drummle, or I swear…
什么风把我们小铁匠吹来了
Why, it’s the smithy’s boy!
脾气别那么爆嘛 小铁匠
Don’t lose your temper, smithy’s boy.
在我看来你发过的脾气可不少了
Seems to me you’ve lost quite enough already.
皮普吗
Pip?
-皮普 -够了
– Pip. – Oh, enough!
我要在你面前告诉艾丝泰娜我想说的
What I have to say to Estella I will say before you.
但是 郝薇香小姐
But, Miss Havisham…
当你第一次从我家把我接来时
When you first took me from my home,
我只是个仆人
I came as a kind of servant,
来满足你的心血来潮 我因此获得报偿
to gratify a whim and be paid for it.
没错
Yes.
但我错误地以为
And when I fell into my mistake
你就是那位捐助者时
of imagining that you were my benefactor…
是 我 默认了
Yes, I… let you go on.
那样做仁慈吗
Was that kind?
仁慈 为什么我要仁慈
Kind? Who am I to be kind?
不 惩罚我身边的人
No, it amused me…
让我觉得是种消遣
To punish my relations.
我觉得你已经得到足够的报偿了
You were adequately paid, I believe.
你还有什么不满的
What else do you want?
艾丝泰娜
Estella.
你知道我爱你
You know I love you.
我在踏入这栋房♥子看到你的第一眼时
I have loved you
就爱上了你
since I first saw you in this house.
我还傻傻地希望
Foolishly, I had hoped that
郝薇香小姐会撮合我们在一起
Miss Havisham had meant us for each other.
这想法真的很荒谬
Clearly the idea was absurd,
而我希望郝薇香小姐能高兴地发现
and I hope Miss Havisham will take what pleasure she can
我顺了她的心意 成了一个不幸福的人
in knowing that I am as unhappy as she ever meant me to be.
你的这些感伤
These are sentiments,
和情绪我无法理解
emotions that I am unable to comprehend.
当你说你爱我时
When you say you love me,
那对我来说只不过是一串词汇
I understand it as a form of words
但是我内心没有一丝颤动
but it touches nothing here.
-我不相信 -我不是警告过你吗
– I don’t believe you. – Did I not warn you?
-是 -你难道以为我在开玩笑吗
– Yes. – Did you not think I meant it?
不 这不是你的本性
No. It’s not natural!
这就是我的本性
It is natural in me!
即便这样 我仍旧爱你
And yet still I love you.
我知道我永远也得不到你 艾丝泰娜
I know that I’ll never call you mine, Estella,
但我仍旧爱你
yet still I love you.
我爱你 我只求你不要嫁给本特利·朱穆尔
I love you and I beg you do not marry Bentley Drummle.
其他人我都能接受 但不要是那个畜生
Someone else, anyone, but not that brute.
太迟了 已经太迟了
Too late. It’s too late.
我已经打算嫁给他了
I am going to marry him.
婚礼的筹备已经开始了
The preparations are already under way.
你不能让郝薇香小姐
You can’t let Miss Havisham…
这是我自己的决定
It is my own act.
郝薇香小姐劝我等等 再考虑一下
Miss Havisham has urged me to wait, to reconsider.
但是我对现在生活已经厌倦了
But I am tired of my life.
我们会好好在一起的
We will do well enough.
把手递给我
Give me your hand.
你要幸福 皮普
Be happy, Pip.
时间会治愈一切
This will pass in time.
不出一周你就会忘了我
I’ll be out of your thoughts in a week.
忘记你吗
Out of my thoughts?
你每时每刻都在我的思绪里
You’re in every thought.
你是我生命的一部分
You’re part of my existence.
我身体的一部分
Part of me.
我来到这里后 你就时刻在我的思绪中
You’re in every thought,
甚至我阅读的字里行间都是你