给进步让开路来
Making way for progress.
对不起
Excuse me.
怎么啦,匹普?
What’s wrong, Pip?
对不起,比蒂,我一会儿回来
Forgive me, Biddy.
I’ll return shortly.
我去看看那房♥子
I must see that house again.
哦,匹普
Dear Pip,
过了十一年了,你还没忘了她?
after 11 years,
have you not forgotten her?
比蒂,凡是我生活里的大事情
Biddy, I’ve forgotten nothing
in my life
我都不会忘
that ever was important to me.
要不我怎么从印度回来跟你们在一起呢?
Why else would I return from India
to be with you and Joe?
嗯
Hm.
我从作坊那儿出去
I’ll just slip out through the forge.
跟我来,小孩,别磨蹭
Oh, come along, boy.
Don’t loiter.
匹普
Pip.
我不是有心…
Forgive me…
叫你跟我一样痛苦
I never meant you
to suffer as I did.
快,快,快,快,快…
Quick, quick, quick,
quick, quick, quick, quick!
我说你们来玩一局”破碎的心”
I said that you should
play a game of broken hearts.
跟他玩…
So ridiculous…
我才不呢
I’m not going in.
匹普
Pip?
啊
Yes.
怎么,你不敢过来看我?
Well, are you afraid to look at me?
我变得很多啦
I am greatly changed.
埃斯特拉
Estella.
居然还认得出我
I wonder you still know me.
你还…常回这儿来吗?
Do you… often return here?
不
No.
自从我离开这儿去结婚就没来过
No, I have not been here
since the night I left to marry.
我是想在这个老房♥子拆倒之前再来看一下
I wanted to see the old house
once before it was torn down.
你还住在国外?
Are you still living abroad?
哦,不,我…我昨天刚回来
Oh, no, no. I returned yesterday.
你干得不错吧
You do well, I’m sure.
我…我是…为生活到处奔波
I– I work fairly hard
for my living.
不过也可以说…
Yes, I suppose YOU”-
也可以说干得不错
Well, you could say
I’ve done well.
我最近常常…想到你
I have often thought of you,
of late.
真的?
You have?
想想我们小时候…多可笑
What ridiculous children we were.
都想…做自己生活的主宰
Both trying to master
our own lives.
是啊
Yes.
啊,你都忘了
Ah. You have forgotten.
不,我可没有忘了你
No. I’ve never forgotten you.
自从德鲁默尔…在决斗里
死了以后,我去德国了
After Drummle was killed in Paris,
I went to Germany for a while.
他这人就像你说的,匹普
He was just as you said he was, Pip.
他百般地折磨我,他知道了我的秘密
He made my life an agony
once he learnt of my secret.
贾格斯说的?
Jaggers told him?
贾格斯?他哪知道我秘密?
Jaggers? Well, how should Jaggers know?
我结婚以后自己告诉德鲁默尔的
I told Drummle myself
shortly after we were married.
说我嫁他是为摆脱对你的爱
That I had married him
to escape from loving you.
你…你爱我?
You– you loved me?
从在门口看见你就爱你了
From the first moment
I saw you at the gate,
当时你还是个小小孩
a boy that was sent here to play,
直到我们俩分手
’til the last time we parted.
那时候我真怕你会发现…我的秘密
Oh, how frightened I was that
you would discover my secret,
我真怕我会步她的后尘呢
that I would suffer the same
weaknesses she had.
现在我们都用不着怕了
Thanks heavens
we outlive our fears.
埃斯特拉,你比过去更美了
Estella, you are lovelier today…
匹普,别这样,我知道我…
Pip, please don’t.
I know what I am.
就像这儿一样,那么荒凉,都凋谢了
I’m like this place,
wasted and broken.
你没变
Nonsense.
是时间使你…柔和了
You are softened by time.
No more.
匹普,我可还那么骄傲,我不要人怜悯我
Pip, I have not lost my pride.
I will not be pitied.
怜悯你?干吗我要怜悯你?
Pity you?
For God’s sake, why should I?
哪个会怜悯自己的…最心爱的女人?
Why should anyone pity a woman
who is so greatly loved?
太晚了,让我们像朋友一样分手吧
It is too late for us now.
Let us part friends.
不,埃斯特拉
No, Estella.
朋友会争吵,朋友会分手
Friends will quarrel,
friends will part.
我们不仅是朋友
We’re long past friendship.
过来,小孩
Come here, boy.
你想亲就亲一下
You may kiss me if you like.