this door does stick so.
把包交给我吧
Let me hold your bag.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
哦,我好像认识你
I thought I recognized you.
哈维沙姆小姐家打架那孩子
You’re the fighting boy,
from Miss Havisham’s.
你是到处乱逛的
And you’re the prowling boy.
没想到会是你
The thought of it being you!
太巧了
Amazing!
哦,你的屋子在那边
Well, come along.
Your room’s this way.
我…我我实在太对不起了…
I– I– I do apologize for…
那次我把你揍苦了
having knocked you about so badly.
我早把它忘了
Oh, I’ve quite forgotten that.
当时你当我是来沾光的
Why, I suppose you thought
I was an intruder.
那时候还没交上好运吧?
You hadn’t come into your
good fortune at that time?
哦,没有
Oh, no.
那会儿,…你去她家干么?
But, uh, what were you doing there?
哈维沙姆小姐叫我去的
Miss Havisham
sent for me that day.
我是她的穷亲戚
I’m one of her poor relations.
可他就是看不上我
But she couldn’t take
a fancy to me.
她没眼力,我也差点
Bad taste, but true.
那么,你是埃斯特拉的表哥?
Then… you must be one
of Estella’s cousins?
不,她不是我们的亲戚
No. Estella’s no relative of ours.
那么…她怎么住那儿?
Then, uh, why was she
living there?
说来话长
It’s quite a story.
回头边吃边谈
But you’ll have it
with your dinner.
我去做茶
I’ll make some tea.
她对那男的真好
She… lavished gifts on him.
送他马车,骏马,一座乡下小庄园
Carriages, horses,
a small estate in Surrey.
于是,挑好了日子
Well, the marriage day
was fixed,
准备好礼服
the wedding dress bought,
订了蛋糕
the cake baked,
请了客人
the guests invited.
成亲那天…
The day arrived.
新郎没有来
But not the bridegroom.
没有,只来了封信
No. Only a cruel letter.
她正在穿礼服准备结婚
Which arrived at 20 minutes of 9,
时间是九点二十分
when she was dressing
for her wedding.
她把所有的钟都停在这时刻
The very moment when
she stopped all the clocks
从此与世隔绝
and retired from the world.
匹普,你可真灵
Say, Pip, you are quick.
可我就是猜不透埃斯特拉
But I can’t guess anything
about Estella.
她是谁?
Who is she?
她从哪儿来的?
Where does she come from?
没人知道
Nobody knows.
哦,我只知道哈维沙姆小姐…把她领来…
Well, I only know that Miss Havisham
adopted her to wreak vengeance
是要她向男人报仇的
on the whole male sex.
她是个魔鬼
She’s a demon.
喂,你说话可得留点神
Here, you be careful
how you talk about her.
啊,原来你对她还…
Oh, it’s that way with you, is it?

Yes.
可她呀…理都不理我
But I know she– she won’t
even look at me
除非我是个上等人
’til I become a gentleman.
波克特,帮我个忙
Pocket, would you help me?
教教我怎么成个上等人
Would you teach me
how to become a gentleman?
那我试试,就从吃饭教起
Well, I could try.
We’ll start with dining.
在伦敦…一般是不把刀子放嘴里的
In London, it’s not the custom
to put the knife in the mouth.
哦,还有拿汤勺,一般…
是手心…朝上不是朝下
Also, the spoon is not generally
held overhand, but under.
这样拿有好多优点
Now, this has several
advantages.
往嘴里送方便
You get closer to the mouth…
你的胳臂肘可以省不少劲儿
and you save a good deal
of effort with the elbow.
要留着这点劲儿跳舞
You’ll need your elbows
for dancing.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
好极了,匹普,你真灵
Very good, Pip. You are quick.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
一,二,三 一,二,三
One, two, three.
One, two, three.
一,二…
见鬼,波克特
Damn you, Pocket,
死人都快给你闹醒啦
but you’ll wake the dead
with this racket.
对不起,德鲁默尔伙计…刚才…
Sorry, Drummle, old chap.
We’re… just…
我在教我的新朋友匹普跳舞呢
giving my new friend Pip here
a few pointers on the dance.
噢,你们俩还不认识?
Oh, you two haven’t met,
have you?
呃,德鲁默尔,他住在楼下
Um, Drummle…
lodges below us.
匹普他来伦敦是…
Pip’s just come to London to…
波克特,我要安静,不是朋友
Pocket, I need quiet, not friends.
我要睡会儿了
Got to rest now.
早上五点在海德公园还有个约会吶
I have an appointment in Hyde Park
at five in the morning.
上等人都那么一大清早…去海德公园?
Do gentlemen really go to Hyde Park
that early in the morning?
他们赶早是为了去决斗
When they’re going to fight
a duel, they do.
德鲁默尔枪法高超
Drummle is the best shot in London.
心狠手辣
Dangerous chap.
圈子里的人都叫他”蜘蛛”
Those who know
call him “The Spider”.
你看他肯不肯教我一点枪法?
Do you think he’d teach me
the finer points of dueling?
你叫他声”蜘蛛”,他就教了
If you call him “Spider”
to his face, he will.
啊,德鲁默尔…只要是
匹普先生的朋友我都欢迎
Well, Drummle. Any friend
of Mr. Pip is welcome here.
而且,我非常欣赏您的尊荣
Besides, I like the look
of your face.
大家都说我相貌出众
It is a rather distinguished
face, I’ve been told.
像这样标准的罪犯脸型
I haven’t seen so fine a specimen
of the criminal type
在江湖大盗本.贝利绞死之后还真少见
since they hanged Ben Bailey,
the Bow Street Ripper.
那是他的拓像,他请我辩护
That’s his death mask.
I defended him.
那辩护词感人至深
Uh, beautifully,
I’m obliged to say.
不是绞死了?
But wasn’t he hanged?
呣,可辩护词感人至深
My defense was beautiful.
可惜他的罪行太重
Unfortunately,
his crimes were ugly.
-噢,贾格斯先生 – 呣?
– Oh, Mr. Jaggers. – Mm-hm?
我想请你帮个忙
I’d like to ask you a favor.
你要什么?
What do you want?
不是为我,是…是为波克特
Well, it’s not for me.
It’s– it’s for Pocket.
他做了什么错事?
Oh? What’s he been doing wrong?
没有,您吶
Oh, nothing, sir.
他帮过我不少忙
He’s been a splendid friend
to me and…
我想报答报答
I’d like to do something
for him.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!