But answer the question. Undoubtedly, Mr. Jaggers.
哦 回答我 是的 很多
Good.
好的
Get out!
滚出去
Here is a list of tradespeople with whom you may run an account.
这是你可以赊帐商人清单
Take Mr. Pip to Barnard’s Inn. Yes, sir.
带匹普先生去巴纳德 是的 先生
I shall check the bills and pull you up if you get on too well.
我会检查帐单的 阻止你乱赊
You’ll go wrong somehow, but that’s no fault of mine. Yes.
你难免由此堕落 但那不是我的错 当然
Goodbye and good luck, Mr. Pip. Mike! Thank you, sir.
再见 祝好运 匹普先生 麦可 谢谢你 先生
Mr. Wemmick, I don’t quite know what to make of Mr. Jaggers.
维米克先生 我不十分清楚杰葛先生
He don’t mean that you should know.
他不会在意的
Deep, that’s what he is, as Australia.
他是怎样的人 像澳洲人 难理解
Who was that he shouted at so fiercely?
他喊谁?
That was his housekeeper, name of Molly.
哦 他的女管家 莫利
He got her off on a murder charge.
她涉及一件凶杀案的诉讼
Murder? Isn’t he frightened of her?
凶杀? 那不把他吓坏了?
Not him. When you come to see us again, take a good look at her.
才不呢 你再来看我们时也去瞧瞧她吧
Shall I see anything uncommon?
我会见到一些不寻常的事?
You’ll see a wild beast tamed.
你会见到一只被驯养的野生畜牲
Keep your eye on it.
请密切注意
Here we are. Mr. Pocket’s on the first floor.
我们到了 博盖特在二楼
You don’t want me any more? No, thank you.
你不再需要我了? 不 谢谢你 维米克先生
As I keep the cash, we shall most likely meet pretty often.
我是你的现金出纳 因此我们会常见面的
Very glad to make your acquaintance.
非常高兴作你的朋友
Good day. Good day, sir.
再见 再见 先生
Mr. Pip?
匹普先生?
Mr. Pocket?
博盖特先生?
I’m extremely sorry, but the fact is I’ve been out on your account,
很抱歉 我已在你的帐户支出了钱
for I thought you might like a little fruit.
我想你从乡下来可能喜欢一些水果
I went to Covent Garden market for it. Thank you. It’s very nice of you.
我就去市场买♥♥了些 谢谢你 你真热情
Can I take the parcels?
把包交给我吧
It sticks, you know.
门卡住了 明白吗
Pray, come in.
请进
Now, this is the sitting room.
这是起居室
Rather musty, but Barnard’s is musty.
有点霉味
I’m afraid I’m rather bare here.
这里原先没家具
Now, that’s my little bedroom. And this is your room.
现在 这是我的小卧室 也是你的
Come in.
进去吧
It’s very nice. The furniture’s specially hired.
哦 非常好 家具是临时租的
Dear me, you’re holding the fruit all this time. I feel quite ashamed.
哦 我希望 亲爱的 对不起 此时你是这一切的所有者了
You’ll be very quiet here and we’ll be alone, but I dare say we shan’t fight.
你在此会非常安静 我们将在一起 我们不会打架的
Fight?
打架?
Fight! I knew I’d seen you somewhere before.
打架 我好像认识你
You’re the pale young gentleman from Miss Havisham’s.
哈维夏姆小姐家打架的那孩子
Bless me! And you are the prowling boy.
我的天 你是那到处乱逛的孩子
The idea of it’s being you! Well, the idea of it’s being you!
没想到会是你 是的 真没想到
You’ve forgiven me for knocking you about so?
实在太对不起了 那次我把你揍苦了
Of course.
哦 当然
You hadn’t your good fortune then? No.
那时候还没交上好运吧 没有
I was hoping for a good fortune then. Indeed?
那时候我就在寻找好运 真的吗?
If Miss Havisham had liked me, I should have been provided for,
如果哈维夏姆小姐喜欢我 我就被供养了
perhaps even engaged to Estella, but I didn’t care for her.
也许我已与埃斯特拉订婚了 但我也不很在意
She’s a tartar.
因为她是一个鞑靼人
Miss Havisham? I don’t say no, but I meant Estella.
谁? 哈维夏姆小姐? 我是指埃斯特拉
You know she was adopted and brought up by Miss Havisham
我只知道哈维夏姆小姐把她领来
to wreak revenge on all the male sex?
是要她向男人报仇的
Wreak revenge on all the male sex? What revenge?
向男人报仇的? 报什么仇?
Heavens, I thought you knew. No.
天哪 匹普先生 我认为你知道 不
It’s quite a story, and shall be saved till dinnertime.
亲爱的 这是一个故事 晚餐时再谈吧
Shall I take your stick? Thank you.
我帮你拿手杖? 谢谢
And your hat.
你的帽子
Herbert? Yes, my dear Pip.
赫伯特? 哦 匹普
As I’ve been brought up a blacksmith,
我由一个铁匠培养
I’d take it as a kindness,
我把它当做很大的仁慈
if you’d give me a hint when I go wrong in my manners.
我若在礼貌上出错 请给我提示
With pleasure, but you need very few hints.
很乐意 我想你只需少许的暗示
Thank you very much. Please tell me more of Miss Havisham.
多谢你 给我谈谈哈维夏姆小姐
Ah, yes!
啊 是 哈维夏姆小姐
But let me point out that it’s not the custom to put the knife in the mouth.
我得指出在伦敦这样不行 把刀放入嘴里会有意外
For fear of accidents. It’s as well to do as other people do.
她不值得一提 谈点别的吧
I must apologize. Thank you. Not at all, I’m sure.
抱歉 谢谢你 一点也不
Miss Havisham was an heiress,
哈维夏姆小姐是一个女继承人
and was looked upon as a great match.
如你理所当然想象的一样
Well, one day there appeared upon the scene a certain man.
一个男人出现了
I never saw him, for this was 25 years ago.
那是二十五年以前 我没见过他
He pursued her closely and professed to be devoted to her.
他热情地追求她并发誓忠于她
She fell passionately in love with him,
毫不怀疑 她也热情地爱上他
which brings me to the cruel part of the story…
故事的残酷就在于爱…
merely breaking off to remark, my dear Pip,
哦 匹普 只顾说话了
that it’s not necessary to fill the mouth to its utmost capacity.
不必顾虑 尽可能吃饱点
Oh, very sorry. I was so interested… Not at all, I’m sure.
对不起 谢谢你… 没什么
The marriage day was arranged,
婚姻日子定了下来
the wedding dresses bought, the guests invited.
结婚礼服买♥♥好了 邀请了婚礼客人
The day came, but not the bridegroom. He wrote a letter…
成亲那天 新郎没来 只来了封信…
Which she received at 20 minutes to nine.
她正在穿结婚礼服 时间是8:40?
Exactly. So that’s why she stopped the clocks.
是的 这就是为什么她把所有时钟停在这一刻
Yes! When she’d recovered from a bad illness,
她重病恢原后
she laid the whole place waste, as you’ve seen it,
她保留了那地方 你见到过
and has never since looked upon the light of day.
那里决没见过阳光
Herbert,
赫伯特
you said that Estella was not related to Miss Havisham, but adopted.
你说 埃斯特拉与哈维夏姆小姐 没别的关系 只是被收养
When?
何时收养的?
There’s always been an Estella since I’ve heard of a Miss Havisham.
总是埃斯特拉 因为我听哈维夏姆小姐说过
I know no more. So, Pip, all I know of Miss Havisham, you know.
我知道的就这么多了 匹普 我所知道的全告诉你了
Let’s change to brighter prospects. Let’s drink to London.
还是回到我们辉煌的未来吧
And a very happy future.
为伦敦 为未来干杯
To London and a very happy future!
为伦敦 为未来
Two, three, four… Now all together, Mr. Pip. That’s right.
三 四… 一起 匹普先生 对
That’s better. Much better.
很好 非常好
Enjoy yourself.
自我感觉不错
Ready?
准备好了?
Ready.
准备好了
Forgive me, Herbert.
抱歉 赫伯特
Carry on, Pip, carry on.
继续说吧 匹普 继续
So if I could buy some new furniture and perhaps one or two other things,
如果我可买♥♥些新的家具和一两件其它东西
I think I could be quite at home at Barnard’s Inn.
我在巴纳德的家就很完整了
Go it! I knew you’d get on.
我了解你的近况
How much do you want?
你要多少?
Twenty pounds? Wemmick!
二十磅? 维米克
Well, Pip, I should say you were at home.
嘿 匹普 也许你还安逸
Herbert? Yes?
赫伯特? 是吗?
We’ve done very badly.
看来很糟糕
Very badly.
非常糟糕
Thank heaven for my birthday.
为我的生日感谢上帝
Good morning, Mr. Pip. Morning.
早安 匹普先生 早安
Congratulations, Mr. Pip. Thank you, Mr. Wemmick.
恭喜 谢谢 维米克先生
Come in.
请进
Mr. Pip, sir. Come in.
匹普先生 先生 请进
21, eh, Pip?
二十一岁了 匹普?
I must call you “Mr. Pip” today.
我今天要称你为匹普先生了
Congratulations, Mr. Pip. Thank you, Mr. Jaggers.
恭喜 谢谢 杰葛先生
Sit down.
请坐
Now, my young friend, I’m going to have a word with you.
我的年轻朋友 我要和你谈谈
If you please, sir. What are you living at the rate of?
你请 先生 你以这种方式生活 结果会怎样?
At the rate of, Mr. Jaggers? The rate of.
以这种方式生活 杰葛先生? 对 这种方式
I’m, I’m afraid I am unable to answer.
我 我怕我不能回答
I thought so. Now, I’ve asked you a question. Have you anything to ask me?
我已问了你一个问题 我的朋友 你有何事问我?
Well, it would be a great relief to ask you several, if it were not forbidden.
好 问你几个问题 无妨吧?
Ask one.
请说
Is my benefactor to be made known to me today?
我能了解我的恩人吗?
No. Ask another.
不能

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!