The sentence of this court is…
本法庭的判决是…
that you be taken hence to the place from whence you came,
你们将押往原去
and from thence to the place of execution.
在那里执行死刑
And that each of you there be hanged by the neck until you be dead.
你们每一个人将在那里套上绞索 直到死亡
And may Almighty God have mercy on your souls.
全能的上帝可以有仁慈吗 它在你的灵魂上
Are you certain there is nothing you can do to save him?
你完全确定你无法解救他?
Nothing. You realize that you no longer inherit his money?
没办法 你不再继承他的钱
That will be claimed by the Crown. The money’s of no interest.
那要按法律来声明 我对钱没兴趣
If you’d been a blood relation, it might have been different,
若你有血缘关系 就不同了
but you are not.
但你没有 因此它不是不同了
You mean, if he had a child, the money would go to the child?
什么意思 如果他有一个孩子 钱或许可找到那孩子
The money might go to the child.
钱可找孩子?
Mr. Jaggers, there was a child.
杰葛先生 有一个孩子
So you think there was child? I know there was a child.
你认为有孩子? 我知道有一个孩子
And what’s more, Mr. Jaggers, you know it.
杰葛先生 你知道得更多
Sit down, Pip.
坐下 匹普
I’m going to put a case to you, Pip, but I admit nothing.
我告知你 匹普 但我什么也确认不了
I understand. You admit nothing.
我了解 你什么也不承认
Put the case that a woman is charged with murder.
一个女人被控谋杀
Put the case that this woman has a child whose father is a convict.
而这个女人有一个孩子 这孩子父亲是囚犯
I understand perfectly. But that I make no admissions?
我完全了解 我不确认
But that you make no admissions.
你是不承认
Now, Pip, put the case that this woman’s legal advisor
匹普 那女人的法律顾问
knows an eccentric and very rich lady
认识一个古怪而非常富有的女人
who is anxious to adopt a little girl.
她渴望收养一个小女孩
You understand, Pip?
明白吗 匹普?
I understand, but I can hardly believe.
我明白 但我无法相信
Ring that bell, Mr. Pip.
摇那个铃 匹普先生
Yes, sir? Basin.
有何吩咐 先生? 把水盆拿走
Yes, sir.
好的 先生
Well, Pip?
满意了 匹普?
If I am in my right mind,
如果我没猜错的话
and that woman is Estella’s mother,
那女人是埃斯特拉的母亲
this legal advisor you mention will have a lot to answer for.
你提到的法律顾问已作了保证
Now, Pip.
匹普
Put the case that this legal advisor
这个法律顾问
has often seen children tried at the criminal bar.
时常见到一些受磨难的孩子
Put the case that he has known them to be imprisoned,
他们被下狱 鞭打
whipped, neglected, cast out, qualified in all ways for the hangman,
歧视 驱逐 受尽刽子手的折磨
and growing up to be hanged.
长大后还会被送上绞架
Put the case that here was one pretty, little child that could be saved.
这是一个漂亮的小女孩 从那堆小孩中被解救出来
Put that last case to yourself very carefully, Pip.
以后的情况想必你也清楚 匹普
I do, Mr. Jaggers. Did he do right?
我知 杰葛先生 他做得对吗?
He did right. Good.
他做得对 很好
Does Estella know?
埃斯特拉知道吗?
You mean, does the little girl know?
你是指小女孩是否知道?
Yes. No, she does not know.
是的 不 她不知道
She must never be told.
她从未被告诉过
As to that, she has a claim to her father’s property.
至于她父亲的财产
The legal advisor must use his own judgment.
这个法律顾问一定会过问的
Her father’s condition is considerably worse.
她父亲的情况非常糟糕
He has been moved to the prison infirmary.
他已被转移到监狱的医疗室
Dear boy.
亲爱的孩子
I thought you wasn’t coming,
我还以为你不会就来的
yet I knew somehow that you would.
然而我知道你会的
It’s just the time. I waited at the gate so as not to lose a moment of it.
刚好赶上时间 为了不浪费时间 我已在门外等候
God bless you.
上帝祝福你
You’ve never deserted me.
你从未遗弃我
And what’s best of all is,
还有什么比这更好了
you’ve been more comfortable along’a me,
你还抽时间来陪伴我
since I was under a dark cloud,
因为我是在黑暗的云雾之下
than when the sun shone.
你的来到超过了太阳照耀
That’s the best of all.
这胜过一切
Are you in pain?
你还痛苦吗?
Aye.

I don’t complain of none, dear boy.
一点也不 亲爱的孩子
You never do complain.
你真不痛苦
You’d better stay.
你最好留在这
I have something to tell you.
我有事要告诉你
Can you understand what I say?
你能听到我说的吗?
You had a child once
你曾有一个孩子
whom you loved and lost.
你爱她 但遗失了
She lived and found powerful friends.
她还活着 并被人收养
She is living now.
她现在还活着
She is a lady and very beautiful.
她是一个非常美丽的淑女
And I love her.
而且我爱她
Lord be merciful to him, a sinner.
哦 上帝 对他仁慈吧 一个罪人
Argh! Get out of the way, you fool!
唉呦 让开 笨蛋
Is it Joe?
乔?
Which it are, old chap.
还有谁呢 老伙计
How long, Joe?
多久了 乔?
Which you mean to say, Pip, how long have your illness lasted?
你指什么 匹普? 是你昏迷了多久吗?
Yes, Joe.
是的 乔
Well, it’s the end of April, Pip. Tomorrow’s the first of May.
四月底到现在五月一号♥了 匹普
Dear Joe.
亲爱的乔
Have you been here, all the time?
你一直守着我 始终?
Oh, pretty nigh, old chap.
差不多吧 老伙计
Joe, where am I?
乔 我这在哪里?
You’re home.
你回家了
I brought you home, dear old Pip, old chap.
我把你带回家了 亲爱的匹普
Oh, Joe!
哦 乔
You break my heart.
你使我很内疚
Please don’t be so good to me.
请不要对我如此好
Now lookee here, old chap, ever the best of friends.
老伙计 在这里有你最好的朋友
You’ll soon be well enough to go out again.
你会很快好起来的 又可以再出去的
And then, oh, what larks!
然后 哦 什么骑马呀
Biddy, you have the best husband in the world.
比迪 你有世界上最好的丈夫
And Joe, you’ve the best wife.
乔 你有最好的妻子
Which I know, Pip, old chap, which I know.
我知道呐 匹普
You’ll be very happy. Which are our intention, Pip, old chap.
你们非常快乐 这是我们目的
And you’ll have children.
你们会有很多孩子
Which also are our intention, Pip, old chap.
那也是我们目的 匹普
One day, Pip, you’ll marry too.
匹普 有一天你也会结婚的
I don’t think I shall, Biddy.
我不认为我会的 比迪
Not now.
不是现在
Dear Pip, do you still fret for her?
亲爱的匹普 你仍然为她烦恼吗?
I think of her.
我想她
But that poor dream, Biddy, has all gone by.
但这是可怜的梦 比迪 一切都过去了
All gone by.
一切都过去了
I knew as I said these words
我知道我所说的这些是什么
that I secretly intended to visit the old house that evening.
那天晚上我秘密地去了那旧房♥子
What name? Pumblechook.
是谁? 朋伯丘克
Quite right.
是您 来了
Come in, Pip.
进来 匹普
I know nothing of days of the week, nothing of weeks of the year.
我对一周几日或者一年几周一无所知
Don’t loiter, boy!
孩子 不要闲逛
Come along, boy! Take your hat off.
孩子 快来 脱掉你的帽子
Whom have we here? A boy.
谁来我们这里? 一个男孩####
A boy of the neighborhood, hey?
邻家的 是吗?
But he is a common laboring boy.
但他是一个平民的孩子
You can break his heart.
你伤他的心了
This door, boy.
这扇门 孩子
Pip!
匹普
Estella!
埃斯特拉
Estella, what are you doing here?
埃斯特拉 你在这里做什么?
I thought you were in Paris with your husband.
我以为你和你的丈夫在巴黎
I have no husband, Pip. Have you not heard?
我没有丈夫 匹普 你没听说?
I’ve been ill, Estella. I’ve heard nothing.
我生病了 我什么也不知道
When Mr. Jaggers disclosed to Bentley Drummle my true parentage,
杰葛向庄默披露我的出身后
he no longer wished to have me for a wife.
他不再愿我做一个妻子了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!