You know what I had to do? I had to change in my car.
你知道我该干嘛吗?我该在车上换身衣服
Yeah, I see it.
嗯 看到了
It’s a rental tux, but what the hell.
是租来的礼服 但管他呢
Yeah, it looks good.
嗯 看起来还不错
Do you want a buffet like, a juice or Cabernet? Hey, it’s Jerry, huh?
想喝点什么?果汁还是红酒? 嘿 那是杰瑞吧?
Jerry? Yeah. Come on. Hey, Jerry.
杰瑞?是 来吧 嘿 杰瑞
Hey, Jerry!
嘿 杰瑞
You son of a bitch,
你这个混♥蛋♥
You weren’t bullshitting, were you? Oh, no.
你没在胡扯吧? 没啊
Yeah. All right
嗯 好了
This is Erica thrall. This is my uncle Joe.
这位是埃里卡·萨尔 这是我叔叔乔
Ms. thrall, hi. This is your place, right? – How are you doing? That’s right.
萨尔女士你好 这是你的地盘对吧? 你好 是呀
Nice. Very nice. Very nice.Nice to meet you.
真不错 真不错 很高兴见到你
Yeah, and this… Ah, Carter Macleish.
嗯 还有这位是… 啊 卡特·麦克里什
Hello, how are you? – Hey,
你好 你好
You’re also from Florida?
你也是从佛罗里达来的?
That’s right. I operate a commercial fishing boat.
是啊 我开渔船来的
And this is Ruth.
这是露丝
Hi.
你好
Hey, Ruth.
嘿 露丝
Look at me, huh?
看看我
Uncle Joe, the drug smuggler.
乔叔叔 那个毒贩子
I thought you were dead.
我以为你已经死了
Drugs?
毒品?
No. She’s thinking about someone else.
不是 她说的是别人
No, no. I’ve been sober for a good long time now.
不 不 我已经清醒很长一段时间了
Finn, Carter can’t believe it’s your first show.
费恩 卡特不相信这是你的首次画展
Yeah, well, it is.
嗯 是首次
No, it’s not. What do you mean?
不 不是 什么意思?
No, it’s not. Finn had a big art show at the Washington federal.
不 不是首次 费恩在华盛顿联邦有过一次大型艺术展
What was it? A couple of years ago? – Yeah, it’s more than a couple…
是什么来着?在几年前的 这事不止几…
The Washington federal. What is that? – You know the Washington federal?
华盛顿联邦 ?那是什么? 你知道那个华盛顿联邦?
No, I don’t know that gallery.
不知道 我并不知道那家画廊
No, it’s not a gallery. It means that…
不 那不是一家画廊 那是…
No, it’s a bank.
不是画廊 是一家银行
It’s a savings and loan.
都是些储蓄和贷款
A bank?
一家银行?
This is my first gallery show.
这是我的第一次在画廊办的展览
And you’re self-taught. Yes, I read that here.
你还是自学成才的 嗯 我在这上面读到的
That was a gift.
这是天赋
Finn always had it.
费恩一直有着这种天赋
7 months old.
7个月大的时候
His sister and I took him out to the beach.
他姐姐和我带着他去沙滩
He sat there and drew in the sand.
他就坐在沙滩上画画
And one night he took all of Maggie’s best perfume
有天晚上 他把麦琪最好的香水都拿走了
and drew with it out in the street.
然后把这些香水洒在街上作画
Just poured it all out, and then he lit it.
当香水都倒光了 就点上火
Just up in flames,
当火焰升起时
the most beautiful designs you ever saw.
那是你见过的最美的图案
just remarkable. Just…
就是…那么引人注目 就是…
God. Are you all right? Yes, I’m fine.
天哪 你没事吧? 嗯 我没事
No, that’s my fault.
我的错
Let me do this.
让我来吧
Hey, just leave it. Leave it. Joe. Just leave it.
别管了 乔 别管了
Erica, it’s fine.
埃里卡 没事的
Joe, just leave it!
乔 别管了
So sorry.
非常抱歉
I’m sorry
抱歉
Hey, I’m sorry, Finn. It’s…
我很抱歉 费恩 这,,,
just…
只是…
God. Oh, man.
天啊 噢 伙计
Excuse me. I’m sorry.
不好意思 真是抱歉
Excuse me.
抱歉
Joe.

Joe.

Oh, jeez, I’m…
啊天哪 我…
Listen, I’m gonna head out,
听着 我要走了
’cause I’m starved, you know?
因为我快饿死了 你知道的
I’m gonna find a McDonald’s or something, and…
我要找家麦当劳或者别的什么 然后…
So you go back in,
所以你回去吧
and I’m gonna talk to you a little later, all right?
我晚点再跟你聊 好吗?
Joe.

Joe.

Come on, I mean…
拜托 我的意思是…
Joe, listen, this is… it’s work.
乔 听着 这是…是工作
Hey, sure.
嘿 当然
Come on, I get it.
拜托 我懂的
Finn. Hi, Finn.
费恩 你好 费恩
You dazzle ’em.
你迷住他们了
Go ahead.
进去吧
Aw, jeez, I’m…
噢 天 我…
I’m proud of you, Finn,
费恩 我为你感到骄傲
and…
而且…
you know, I always have been.
你知道的 我一向都是这么认为的
So…
所以
Just go on.
回去吧
Finn.
费恩
Go see if they know how to smoke a swordfish, huh?
去看看他们知不知道怎么把剑鱼当烟抽?
Tonight all of my dreams came true,
今晚我所有的梦想都实现了
and like all happy endings,
就像所有的快乐结局一样
it was a tragedy of my own device,
这是我自己一手策划的悲剧
for I’d succeeded.
因为我成功了
I had cut myself loose from Joe, from the past, from the Gulf, from poverty.
我切断了与乔、与过去、与墨西哥湾、与贫穷的联♥系♥
I had invented myself.
我创造了自己
I had done it cruelly, but I’d done it.
做得很残忍♥ 但我做到了
I was free.
我自♥由♥了
I did it!
我做到了
I did it!
我做到了
I am a wild success!
极为成功
I sold ’em all! All my paintings!
我全卖♥♥掉了 我全部的作品
You don’t have to be embarrassed by me anymore!
你不用再为我而感到难堪了
I’m rich!
我有钱了
Isn’t that what you wanted?
这不是你要的吗?
Huh? Isn’t it great?
嗯?是不是很厉害?
Are we happy now?
现在开心了吗?
Don’t you understand that everything I do,
你可知道我所做的一切
I do it for you!
都是为了你
Anything that might be special in me
可能对我来说 比较特殊的人
is you.
是你
Estella.
艾丝黛拉
Finn.
费恩
What a lovely surprise.
真是个惊喜
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么?
In this house?
在这栋房♥子里?
I own it. I was born here.
我拥有它 我是在这里出生的
Haven’t been here for ages.
好久没来这里了
Well, where’s Estella?
对了 艾丝黛拉在哪?
Since I had to come up for the big event,
自从我参加了那场大活动
I figured why not stay in the old place?
我就在想为什么不待在老地方呢?
What big event? My opening?
什么大活动? 我的开幕式吗?
No.
不是
Estella’s wedding.
是艾丝黛拉的婚礼
What?
什么?
You were the catalyst.
是你促成的
Plane fool was wavering, wouldn’t commit to my Estella.
傻瓜普莱恩(即沃尔特,Walter Plane)一直犹豫不决 不愿对我的艾丝黛拉作出承诺
Imagine.
想象一下
Then you came on the scene.
然后你出现了
I don’t believe it.
我不相信
Storybook, isn’t it?
听起来像个故事 不是吗?
Why?
为什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!