you’re really good really.
你真的很棒 真的
I look forward to seeing your show.
我期待看你的画展
Next week, I received a postcard from Ms Dinsmore.
接下来一周 我收到了丁斯莫尔女士的明信片
It was of a sandy beach with palm trees.,
上面印着一个有棕榈树的沙滩
It said, “how’s my little mouse doing?”
写着 “我的小老鼠过得还好吗?”
What were her plans for me?
她对我有什么计划?
Why was she protecting and promoting me?
她为什么保护我?提携我?
What could a reason be
如果不是让我能配得上艾丝黛拉
if not to make me equal with Estella?
还会是什么原因呢?
That same day,
同一天
I got a call from ragno.
我接了一通拉格诺打来的电♥话♥
Hello?
有人吗?
In here.
在这边
Well, what do you think?
你觉得怎样?
About what?
关于什么?
The digs.
这间寓所
Oh, it’s cozy.
挺温馨的
Good. It’s yours.
很好 它是你的了
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Your opening is in 10 weeks.
你的画展十周内开幕
If you won’t be ready, we can simply reschedule.
如果你还没准备好 我们可以重新安排一下
Uh, no, I’ll be ready.
不必了 我会准备好的
This date is firm. I’ll be ready.
时间紧迫 我会准备好的
You’ll move in here.
你就搬过来吧
We’ve got food. We’ve got paint, canvas.
我们有食物 我们有颜料 画布
Anything else, just ask Erica.
还要什么东西 就找埃里卡要
Erica.
埃里卡
You know what I’d like.
你知道我想要什么吗?
I’d like some money,
我想要一些钱
some living expenses.
一些生活费
I don’t believe that it’s actually… Done.
我不这么认为 实际上… 行
Anything else?
还要什么?
Yeah. I’d like some publicity for my show.
对了 我想为我的画展搞些宣传
No one’s actually heard of you,
实际上你并不出名
so that could be tricky.
所以这事可能有点棘手
How about “a commercial fisherman from the Gulf coast
这个怎么样?“一位来自墨西哥湾海岸的商业渔民
lands on the Manhattan art scene”?
登陆曼哈顿艺术界”
Sounds like a story I’d like to read.
听起来像是我想读的故事
My, aren’t we media-savvy?
天哪 难道我们精通传媒之道?
Well, we learn.
好啦 我们知道的
Call Miriam. She’ll think of something.
给米丽娅姆打个电♥话♥ 她会想办法的
Toast in my absence. I’m late.
要祝酒了我还没到场 我迟到了
She’s a barrel of laughs.
她是个开心果
Well, an artist dropped out.
一位艺术家离开了
She had room in her schedule.
她得从日程安排中抽出时间
Yeah, well, it’s like somebody wants to turn this frog into a prince.
好像有人想把这只青蛙变成王子
What do you mean?
什么意思?
You know what I mean.
你知道我的意思
It appears as if I have a fairy godmother.
看来我好像有了神仙教母(注:用魔法帮助灰姑娘的童话人物)
Aren’t you a little old to believe in fairy godmothers?
你这把年纪相信有神仙教母是不是有点迟?
Well, whatever you say, spiderman.
随你怎么说 蜘蛛侠
Ragno means “spider” in Italian.
意大利语里“拉格诺”的意思是蜘蛛
Right.
对
See you at your opening. Ciao.
画展开幕见 (意语)再见
I was born again.
我获得了新生
Well, why not?
为什么不呢?
I had never asked for anything.
我从未要求过什么
If dinsmoor or the art world
若丁斯莫尔或这个艺术世界
or the world at large chose to adopt me,
亦或是全世界 选择收养我
I could take it.
我会接受的
New York held it out,
纽约给了这种机会
and I would take it if I could and say thanks.
如果可以 我会接受并道声谢
You would, too.
你也会的
I was an orphan.
我是个孤儿
I was raised by my sister Maggie and her boyfriend Joe.
我是由我姐姐麦琪和她的男友乔一手带大的
Maggie took off on us when I was still a kid.
当我还是小孩的时候 麦琪就离开了我
Joe, he was a big drug smuggler.
乔 他是个大毒贩
He spent most of the seventies in the Raiford penitentiary.
他在雷福德监狱里度过七十年代的大部分时光
I came home one day, I found him on the couch,
有一天我回到家 发现他躺在沙发上
and he was dead.
死掉了
You know, He had od’d.
你懂的 吸过量了
They took the apartment away.
他们拿走了公♥寓♥
I had to spend the next couple of years living out of the back of a car.
在接下来的几年里 我不得不在汽车后座上生活
Oh, my god. No, I mean, it wasn’t that bad.
噢天哪 不 我是说 没那么糟
I mean, it was a big car.
我的意思是 那可是一辆大车
It was a ’68 riviera.
是辆68年的别克里维埃拉
Yeah. It’s a miracle that you even survived.
嗯 你居然能活下来真是个奇迹
Do you like my paintings? Yeah.
喜欢我的画吗? 喜欢
Why don’t you…Why don’t you tell me about this one?
你为什么不…为什么不给我说说这幅画?
This beauty right here. Oh, that? That…
就这儿的这位美女 噢 那个?那…
That’s some girl I knew back in Florida.
那是我回佛罗里达后认识的女孩
I used to have a huge crush on her, but…
我曾深深地迷恋着她 但…
now I can’t even remember her name.
现在我甚至记不起她的名字了
You know, the face of this one looks a lot like the little girl.
要知道 这张脸很像那个小女孩
Yeah. It’s the same girl.
是的 她们是同一个女孩
She grew up.
她长大了
And you don’t remember her name?
可你却不记起她的名字?
No. No. No.
是嘛? 是的 嗯
Delicious.
好开心呀
It’s all coming together exactly as I promised…
一切都如约而至
Finn frenzy.
费恩热潮
Imagine what will happen when they actually see your wonderful work.
想象一下 当他们真正看到你的佳作时会发生什么
Your beloved per diem… Oh, thanks.
你心爱的每日津贴 噢 谢谢
And an invitation to the Hamilton museum benefit.
还有一张汉密尔顿博物馆慈善展的请柬
Oh, toss that.
噢 扔了吧
I killed a publicist for this.
为了这事 我一直纠缠着公♥关♥
It is the event… black tie,
这可是件大事…是正式场合
old money, new money, big money.
老贵族 暴发户 大笔的钱呢
Everyone is going to be there,
人人都会在那里
including you.
包括你
Erica. Teddy?
埃里卡 特迪?
These are all Finn’s new paintings.
这些是费恩所有的新画作
It’s the first to see them. It’s for you.
是首次亮相 找你的
If you don’t like any of the portraits,
如果你不喜欢其中的任意一幅肖像
you can, of course, commission your own. – Hello?
当然 你可以委托画你本人的肖像 喂?
Don’t jump.
别跳呀
Would you save me?
你会救我吗?
Not in this suit.
穿这身就不救了
How are you doing?
你过得怎样?
Good. How are you?
不错 你呢?
Pretty well.
很好
That’s a good-looking suit.
是件好衣服
It’s a good-looking day.
是个好天气
It is.
是啊
Have you seen New York magazine?
《纽约》杂♥志♥看过了吗?
Are you in it?
你上杂♥志♥了?
Oh, yeah, it’s just a little piece.
噢是的 就一小段
It’s nice. You didn’t see it? No.
还不赖 没看见吗? 没
You know, thrall says that she thinks the show is going to get good reviews.
你知道吗 萨尔说她认为画展会得到好评
I don’t want to jinx it,
我不想把它搞砸了
but what does she know, right?
但她又知道什么呢 对吧?
The curator from the Whitney came by the other day.
惠特尼博物馆的馆长几天前来过
That was pretty exciting.
真令人兴奋
Wow. I’ll say I knew you when.
哇 到时我会说我认识你的
Listen.
听着
What?
什么?
Walter asked me to marry him.
沃尔特向我求婚了
He wants to marry me.
他想娶我
Really?
真的吗?
Yeah.
是的