And if I had?
如果我提了呢?
I’m here, aren’t I?
我就在这儿 不是吗?
Are you with anyone?
你和谁一起?
Right this second?
此刻?
No. I mean, like…
不 我是说 比如
Like a steady boyfriend?
比如说固定的男朋友?
Yes.
是的
No.
没有
You could have anyone.
你想要谁做男友都能如愿
No rush.
不着急
What about you? Finn.
那你呢?
Why not?
为什么不?
‘Cause I…
因为我
I…

I just…
我只是
I know.
我知道
I know.
我知道
Hey, what’s wrong?
怎么了?
Nothing. It’s late. What time is it?
没什么 不早了 几点了?
It’s, uh, it’s 10:30. Where are you going?
呃 10点半 你要去哪儿?
I’ve got to get home.
我得回家了
Why?
为什么?
‘Cause I have a million things to do tonight.
因为今晚我有很多事情要做
Stay.
留下来
Je vais aller ãxa0 France demain.
(法语)我明天去法国
I don’t speak French.
我不会法语
Quel dommage.
(法语)真可惜
Estella?
艾丝黛拉?
Excuse me.
抱歉
Have you seen Estella?
您有见到艾丝黛拉吗?
Dinsmoor was weirder than usual.
丁斯莫尔比平时更古怪了
But I had to see Estella.
但我必须去见艾丝黛拉
I never come here. Never.
我从来没来过这里 从来没有
You know why?
你知道为什么吗?
26 years ago, I trusted.
26年前 我相信
I saved myself. I was a virgin.
我拯救了我自己 我那时还是个处♥女♥
It’s funny, hmm?
很好笑 是吗?
Those were the times. That’s how I was raised.
那就是往昔啊 我就是这样长大的
What kind of creature takes such a thing?
什么样的人会接受这么一个东西
Such a gift? A trust?
这样的一个礼物?一份信托财产?
Who does this?
谁会这么做?
Takes advantage of a 42-year-old woman?
占一个42岁老女人的便宜?
What kind of creature leaves this woman waiting like a fool?
什么样的人会让这个女人像傻子一样苦等?
A man. A man does this.
一个男人 是个男人
So men must pay. Am I right?
所以男人必须偿还 我说得对吗?
Estella will make men weep.
艾丝黛拉会让男人流泪
Do you know where she is?
您知道她在哪吗?
Oh, yes. She’ll break them.
是的 她会让他们伤心
I taught her well. When she returns,
我把她教得很好 当她回来时
she’ll cut through them like a hot knife through butter.
她会游刃有余地应付他们
Returns?
回来?
Oh, my dear boy,
噢 我亲爱的孩子
Didn’t you know?
你不知道吗?
Estella’s left for school abroad.
艾丝黛拉去留学了
Switzerland for 2 years, then Paris.
先去瑞士两年 然后是法国
She’s gone. Didn’t she say good-bye?
她已经走了 没和你道别吗?
Oh, I’m sure she meant to.
噢 我肯定她是故意的
See you next week, dear.
亲爱的 下周见
7 years passed.
7年过去了
I stopped going to Paradiso Perduto.
我不再去“失乐园”了
I stopped painting.
不再画画了
I put aside fantasy and the wealthy and the heavenly girl who did not want me.
我抛开了幻想 也忘记了那个不需要我的富有的小仙女
None of it would happen to me again.
这些不会再发生在我身上了
I’d seen through it.
我已经看透了
I elected to grow up.
我选择长大
Finn!
费恩
This is Jerry Ragno.
这是杰瑞·拉格诺
Um, Jerry… Mr. Ragno is a lawyer in Miami.
杰瑞…拉格诺先生是迈阿密的一名律师
and New York. We have offices in Manhattan.
还有纽约 我们在曼哈顿也有事务所
So, Finn, I’m empowered by my client
费恩 我的委托人授权我
to make your dreams come true.
来实现你的梦想
Ha ha ha!
哈哈哈
Really?
真的?
Any particular dream or…
任何特殊的梦想
just all of them?
还是全部?
Have you ever shown your work?
你展出过你的的作品吗?
Well, they had Finn’s painting up at Washington Federal Bank.
他们把费恩的画挂在华盛顿联邦银行上
Come on! That was 7… 8 years ago.
拜托 那是7…8年前的事了
Now I told you I gave all that up.
我告诉过你我放弃了
I… I don’t understand what this is all about, Mr. Ragno.
我不知道这是怎么回事 拉格诺先生
How would you like a show? A one-man show. Thrall Gallery.
办场画展怎么样?一个单人展 在萨尔画廊
In New York?
在纽约?
Yeah. My client Erica Thrall…
是 我的委托人埃里卡·萨尔
wants to bring you to New York for a one-man show…
想送你去纽约办场个人画展
Why? …in her gallery.
为什么? 在她的画廊里
I mean this is bullshit. Oh, hear the man now.
我说这是在胡扯 听这个人说
Have you ever sent slides of your work to the Thrall Gallery?
你有没有把你作品的幻灯片发送到萨尔画廊?
Yeah. Probably. I sent slides everywhere when I was in high school.
大概吧 当我读高中的时候 我哪儿都送过
Look, obviously they made quite an impression.
显然你的作品给人留下了深刻的印象
A plane ticket to New York plus $1,000 for incidentals.
一张去纽约的机票 加上1000美元的零用钱
Sorry. They’re all in hundreds.
抱歉 都是些百元大钞
Well…

The hundreds aren’t the problem.
百元大钞不是问题
I just… I don’t paint anymore.
只是 我已经不画了
Whose business was it?
是谁的职责?
Whose business was it what I did with my life?
决定我人生目标是谁的职责?
Who’d gotten my life in order? Me.
是谁让我的生活变得井井有条?是我
I was in control.
由我掌控
And everything I wanted, I had.
我想要什么就有什么
Ms. Dinsmoor?
丁斯莫尔女士?
Cocktails ready, Thomas?
鸡尾酒好了吗?托马斯
Uh, no. It’s… it’s me. It’s Finn.
不 是我 费恩
I came…
我来…
Looking for Estella. I know.
来找艾丝黛拉 我知道
That hook is in deep, isn’t it, dear?
你很痴情 不是吗?亲爱的
Actually, I came to ask you a question.
实际上 我是来问您一个问题的
I see. After nearly 10 years
我明白了 将近10年
Without a word, without a visit.
没有只言片语 也未曾登门拜访
Come to interrogate me. How interesting.
倒过来讯问我了 真有趣
I’m sorry. Things happened.
抱歉 发生了一些事
I know what happened.
我知道发生了什么
The love of your life left you.
你的一生挚爱离你而去
Hurts, doesn’t it?
受伤了 是不是?
Come closer.
靠近点
I’ve gone red.
我染红发了
Yeah, I noticed. It’s nice.
是的 我看到了 很漂亮
And look at you.
看看你
All grown up. A man.
长大了 变成男人了
Ms. Dinsmoor, a lawyer named Ragno came to see me.
丁斯莫尔女士 有个叫拉格诺的律师来找我
Spider.
蜘蛛
You know him?
你认识他?
Ragno means “spider” in Italian.
意大利语里“拉格诺”的意思是蜘蛛
You must learn other languages, Finn.
你该学学其他的语言 费恩
This lawyer Ragno says he represents an art gallery owner in New York
这个拉格诺律师说他代表一位纽约的画廊老板
and they want to show my work.
他们想展出我的作品
You can draw.
你会画画
You can’t dance worth a shit,
你舞跳得狗屁不如
But you can draw.
可你挺会画画的
I wanted to ask. Did you know anything about this?
我想问 您知道这件事吗?
Estella’s in New York.
艾丝黛拉在纽约

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!