对不起…!
Oh! I’m sorry…!
不管凶手是谁 警方会抓到人的 乔
Whoever’s guilty, they’ll find him, Joe.
凶手什么都没拿 皮普
He took nothing, Pip.
也没有弄乱东西 只是为了…
Upset nothin’. Just wanted to…
找他麻烦 好像是这样
disarrange her, seems like.
是他!是他!
Him! Him!
有个人今天和她吵了一架 还因此丢了工作 去询问欧里克!
There’s a man who lost a quarrel with her, and lost his job for it. Ask Orlick!
每个人都和她吵过上万次架!
She quarrelled with everyone about her, 10,000 times!
我整晚在镇上到处晃荡 和不同的人混在一起
Anyways, I been about town all evening, different companies,
连乔都在蓝野猪客栈看见我
even Joe seen me at the Blue Boar.
我没有任何嫌疑
There’s nothin’ against me.
你需要证据 我觉得这是个线索
You were in need of information, I saw an occasion to ‘elp.
你成了真正的孤儿了 皮普
Truly an orphan now, Pip.
华普思先生可能很难改掉他的生活习惯
Mr Wopsle may have conquered his habit of living
可乔太太很需要你 比蒂
but Mrs Joe is in great need of you, Biddy.
我们也一样
As we are.
欢迎你成为我们家的一份子 比蒂
Welcome to our establishment, Biddy.
来啊 皮普 用力敲!
Come, Pip, go to it!
乔…
Joe…
乔瑟夫·葛加里先生?敝姓贾格斯 是伦敦来的律师
Joseph Gargery? My name is Jaggers and I’m a lawyer in London.
我有件特别的事情要跟你谈 事关这位年轻人
I have unusual business to contract with you, concerning this young man.
还好吗?就这样 慢慢走…
All right? That’s it. Steady…
在他要求下 也是为他好 你不反对取消他的学徒契约吧?
You do not object to cancel his indentures at his request and for his own good?
你不要求任何补偿吗?
You would not want anything for so doing?
-我才不会 -那就是不要咯?
– Lord forbid that I should. – Is that no?
-是的 真的?
– Yes, it is. – Really?
很好 记住你的承诺 不许反悔
Very well. Recollect the admission you have made and do not try to go from it presently.
我受命告诉他 他将得到一笔可观的财产
I am instructed to communicate to him that he will come into a handsome property.
而且这份财产目前的所有人
Further, that it is the desire of the present possessor of that property
希望他马上离开目前的生活环境 离开这里
that he be immediately removed from his present sphere of life and from this place
去接受绅士教育
and be brought up as a gentleman
总而言之 成为前程远大的年轻人
In a word, a young fellow of great expectations.
可否请问这位慷慨的恩人是谁?
May we ask who is this liberal benefactor?
不能
No.
此事不但非常机密
Not only is it a profound secret
更重要的是 你必须遵守这个条件
but more importantly it is a binding condition that you do not enquire.
你接收吗?
Accepted by you?
-我…不反对 -我想也是
– I…have no objection. – I should think not.
我可以透露的是此人
I am empowered to mention that it is the intention of this person
会亲自表明他的身份
to reveal their identity at first hand…
亲口对你说明
by word of mouth to yourself.
目前 暂时由我担任你的监护人
In the meantime, you will please consider me your guardian.
谢谢
Thank you.
拿人钱财 替人消灾
I am paid for my services, or I shouldn’t render them.
你什么去伦敦?你应该先置办些新衣服
Now, when will you come to London? You should have some new clothes.
留给你…20基尼够吗?
Shall I leave you…20 guineas?
乔瑟夫·葛加里 你好像在发♥愣♥
Well, Joseph Gargery, you look dumbfounded.
是的
I am.
虽说你说什么都不要
It’s understood you want nothing for yourself
但我受命送你一件礼物作为补偿
but what if it was in my instructions to name you a present, as compensation?
-补偿什么? -补偿你失去他这个人手
– Compensation as for what? – The loss of his services.
你认为我失去了他 可以从金钱得到补偿吗?!
You think money can make compensation for the loss of him?!
补偿我失去同患难共打铁的伙伴吗?!
The child what come to the forge and ever the best of friends?!
我会立刻前往伦敦
I shall come to London directly.
你这模样真体面
What a genteel figure, Pip.
这番改变来得太突然
This change comes so uncommon quick, Pip.
-让人一下子很难适应 -皮普一直盼望有这一天
– Hard to get round a man’s mind. – Pip has often had it in his.
-那是白日梦 -现在美梦成真了
– Daydreams, Biddy. – Come true, Pip.
你充满朝气 皮普
Well, this is a gay figure, Pip.
上回探望过您之后 我就走好运了 我非常感激
I’ve come into such good fortune, Miss Havisham. And I’m so grateful for it.
我见过贾格斯 我听说这事了
I have seen Jaggers, I know about it.
你明天就启程吗?
So, you go tomorrow?
是的 哈维森小姐 我想您不会介意我向你辞行
Yes, Miss Havisham. I thought you would kindly not mind my taking leave of you.
你被一位不肯透露姓名的有钱人收养了?
And are adopted by a rich person whose name is not revealed?
是的 哈维森小姐
Yes, Miss Havisham.
还要追随我和莎拉的表弟 马修·帕克先生求学
And are to be tutored by Mr Matthew Pocket, a cousin of mine, and of Sarah here.
在哈默史密斯
In Hammersmith, ma’am.
你可以下去了 莎拉
You may go now, Sarah.
我…
I…
常常在想……
often wonder of…
艾丝黛拉…在哪里
of the whereabouts of…Estella,
还有现在她会怎么看我
and how she might look upon me now.
她会认为你有资格和她来往 她会欣赏你的改变
She will think you fit company, Pip. She will appreciate the change in you,
对你另眼相看的
and see you very differently.
祝你好运 皮普
Good luck, Pip.
-我送你出去 -不用了乔
– I’ll follow you down there. – No, Joe.
我就在这里道别
I’ll say goodbye now.
我应该抱抱你
I should hug you, Pip.
你一身西装笔挺!
There you are in your suit!
再见 皮普 祝你好运
Goodbye, Pip. Good luck.
我一直不希望有这一天 可是…
I didn’t want this day to look me in the face, Pip, but…
我们握个手吧
take my hand.
你的手跟我的一样有力
As firm as my own now.
让开!
Get!
不认识你了 我发誓我不认识你了
Don’t know ya, don’t know ya. On my soul, don’t know ya.
猪头!拿开你的猪头!
Pig heads! Get your pig heads!
我们有一堆恶心的内脏!
We got an awful lot of offal!
这是我第一次到伦敦
I’ve never been in London before.
伦敦你很熟 威米克先生
You’re well acquainted with it, Mr Wemmick.
我刚来的时候也这样 现在想来不可思议
I was new once. Rum to think of now.
现在你清楚伦敦的世道了
And you know the ways of it now.
看他们就知道了
Them’s the ways of it.
有私人明天要被行刑
Four of ’em to be killed tomorrow.
四个人同时行刑
In a row.
你很幸运 皮普
You’re a lucky man, Mr Pip,
他已经是你的律师了
you have his services already.
先生…先生 求求你…
Sir…sir, please…
-走开! 求求你!
– Back! – Please!
求求你 先生 我的债务 先生
Please. Sir, my bill, sir.
我跟你说过了 你债务的案子有人办理了 你再烦我 我撒手就不管了
I tell you once and for all, your bill is in good hands but not if you keep bothering me.
-你有付钱给威米克先生吗? -付了 一点不少
– Have you paid Wemmick? – Every farthing.
那就小心被让他退钱给你
Then mind he doesn’t give it back.
-好了 -求求您!
– Look… – Please!
…他和你无话可说
..I’ve only one word to say to you.
皮普先生 车夫从克洛斯基斯到这里收你多少钱?
Mr Pip. How much did the coachman want from Cross Keys?
-一先令 -你觉得合理吗?
– A shilling. – Do you think that a fair sum?
-不知道 -没错 来吧
– I don’t know. – Exactly. Come on.
送了张床到你在柏纳客栈的住处
There’s a bed been sent in for your accommodation at Barnard’s Inn.
帕克先生的房♥间 不过你是你的老师 是他儿子
Mr Pocket’s rooms – not your tutor, mind, his son.
老帕克先生住在哈默史密斯
You’ll find Mr Pocket, Senior, in Hammersmith,
你在这些商店的信用额度很高
and you’ll find your credit good in these places, Mr Pip.
要是负债 我会制止你再花钱
If you’re outrunning the constable with it I’ll pull you up.
这是你的津贴
The nature of your allowance – there.
非常丰厚
It’s a very liberal one.
我相信你还是有办法堕落的
I’m sure you’ll still manage to go wrong somehow.
这些人是谁?
Who are those, Mr Jaggers?
我的客户被吊死后的模样
Clients of mine after they were taken down from the gallows.
他们都堕落了
They went wrong.
泔水!
Slops!
皮普先生 赫柏先生马上就来
Mr Pip? Mr Herbert arriving any minute now.
事实上 我是为了你出门的
The fact is, I’ve been out on your account.
没法握手 进门之后再补上吧
Er, can’t shake hands but we’ll remedy once we’re inside.
进来吧 请让我带路
Pray, come in. Allow me to lead the way.
我这里很简陋 希望你可以凑合
I’m rather bare here but I hope you’ll make out tolerably well.
你卧房♥的家具是临时租来的 我想是够用了
Your bedroom furniture’s hired for the occasion. I trust it will answer the purpose?
相信和你想象中的不同 但我是自己赚生活费的
Not what you had in mind, I’m sure, but I have my own bread to earn.
我父亲没有钱供养我 不过就算他有 我也不愿接受
My father hasn’t anything to give me, and I wouldn’t take it if he had.
至于我们的伙食 不会差的
As to our table, you won’t find that bad.
附近的咖啡馆会送来 贾格斯先生吩咐说费用由你支付
Supplied from the local coffee house, and, under Jagger’s instructions, at your expense.
我们可以好好吃饭 这里就我们两个人住 不能打架
We’ll dine well, share these chambers alone together, and shan’t fight.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!