我握着你的手
Me holding your hand
你安全地躺在温暖的床上
and you safe and sound and warm in your bed.
不像监狱船上那些可怜人
Not like them poor creatures out in that hulk.
我想他们今晚一定不好过
No comfort for them tonight, I don’t reckon.
你真有学问 老弟
What a scholar you are, old chap.
-可不是吗? -我当然希望啦
– Ain’t you? – I should like to be.
这里有好多J和O
Why, here’s a J and an O equal to anything.
念其他的字嘛 乔
But read the rest, Joe.
其他的字?
The rest, eh?
这里有三个J和三个O…
Why, here’s three J’s and three O’s…
三个J-O…
and three J-O…
上面写了乔 皮普!
Why, Joe’s in it, Pip!
“亲爱的乔 希望你一切安好
“My dear Joe, I hope you are quite well,
“我希望很快能教你读书写字
“and I hope I shall soon be able for to teach you, Joe,
“我们快快乐乐的
“and then we shall be so glad
“我来当你的学…学徒
“when I’m…app-rent…apprenticed to you, Joe.
“一定很好玩 相信我”
“What larks, believe me.”
了不起!你真有学问
Astonishing! You are a scholar.
葛加里怎么写 乔?
How do you spell Gargery, Joe?
-我根本不会写 皮普 -假如你会呢?
– I don’t spell it at all, Pip. – But supposing you did?
没有假如
It can’t be supposed.
你像我这么小的时候 没有上过学吗?
Didn’t you ever go to school, Joe? When you was as little as me?
没有 皮普
No, Pip.
但你会教我吧 老弟?
But you’ll teach me, eh, old chap?
这孩子若不感激今天的福气 可就是不识好歹了
Now…if this boy ain’t grateful this day he never will be.
快给他准备准备
Get him ready, Mum.
你在看什么?
Well? What are you staring at?
这孩子今天或许要时来运转了
This boy’s fortunes may be made today,
只要她喜欢他
if she favours him.
你最好能讨得她的欢心
You better make certain she favours you.
小家伙 在这儿可得循规蹈矩 别让拉扯你长大的人丢脸
Boy, let your behaviour here be a credit to them which brought you up by hand.
-贵姓? -庞柏屈克
– What name? – Pumblechook.
那就是了
Quite right.
这是皮普
This is Pip.
这就是皮普吧?进来 皮普
This is Pip, is it? Come in, Pip.
你想见哈维森小姐吗?
Oh, did you wish to see Miss Havisham?
如果哈维森小姐愿意的话
If Miss Havisham wished to see me.
可是她不想
Ah, but you see she don’t.
记住 皮普…别丢脸
Remember, Pip…credit,
千万别丢脸
nothing but credit.
别发呆了 小鬼!
Don’t loiter, boy!
-女士优先 别傻了 小鬼
– After you, miss. – Don’t be ridiculous, boy,
我才不进去呢
I’m not going in.
进去啊
Go on.
-你是谁? -我是皮普 夫人
– Who are you? – Pip, ma’am.
皮普?
Pip?
庞柏屈克带来的孩子
Mr Pumblechook’s boy.
我有时候会胡思乱想 皮普
I sometimes have sick fancies, Pip.
我一胡思乱想就想看表演
I have a sick fancy that I want to see some play.
所以…
So…
请满足我的幻想吧…
So please…
演吧!
play!
演啊!
Play!
演啊!
Play!
嘶!
Neigh!
不对
No… No.
你怕我吗?
Are you afraid of me?
我怕不能讨你欢心
I am afraid of not pleasing you.
如果你不喜欢我 我姐姐不会放过我的
I should get into trouble with my sister if you will not favour me.
-把艾丝黛拉叫来 -她?
– Fetch Estella. – Is she…?
叫她过来
Fetch her.
又吃掉你的牌了
Beggared again.
两张J 我们有得拼了
Two jacks. We have to go to war.
他把J叫作杰克
He calls the knaves jacks.
看他的手 好粗壮啊
Look how coarse his hands are.
靴子也笨重
And what thick boots.
你没说她什么 你觉得她怎么样?
You say nothing of her. What do you think of her?
在耳边悄悄告诉我
Tell me in my ear.
他觉得你既骄傲又无礼 但非常漂亮
He thinks you’re very proud and insulting and very pretty.
还有呢?
Anything else?
我想回家了
I think I should like to go home now.
再也不见她?
And never see her again?
即使她这么漂亮?
Though she is so pretty?
我不知道我是否还想再见她 但我现在想回家了
I’m not sure I shouldn’t like to see her again but I should like to go home now.
-六天后再来 -是 夫人
– Come back after six days. – Yes, ma’am.
艾丝黛拉 带他下去 给他点东西吃
Estella? Take him down. Give him something to eat.
让他到处走走
Let him roam around.
# 用力捶啊 用力捶 #
# Hammer boys round – Old Clem! #
# 锤得砰砰响 #
# With a thump and a sound – Old Clem! #
# 锤啊锤 锤啊锤 #
# Beat it out, beat it out – Old Clem! #
# 锤得砰砰响 #
# With a thump and a sound – Old Clem! #
你怎么不再哭一场?
Why don’t you start crying again?
-因为我不想哭 -不想才怪
– Because I don’t want to. – Yes, you do.
“挺好的”?!你这是什么意思
“Pretty well”?! What do you mean you get on “pretty well”?!
就是…挺好的
I mean…pretty well.
别跟他发脾气 让我来吧
Don’t lose your temper with him, Mum. Leave this to me.
孩子…
Boy…
哈维森小姐长什么样?
what likeness is Miss Havisham?
-高大黝黑 -是吗 伯父?
– Very tall and dark. – Is she, Uncle?
很好 我想我们有眉目了
Good. We are beginning to hold our own, I think, Mum.
你对他真有一套 伯父
You know so well how to deal with him, Uncle.
孩子
Now, boy…
你今天去的时候她在做什么?
what was she a-doing of when you went in today?
她坐在黑色天鹅绒的马车里
She was sitting in a black velvet coach.
对 艾丝黛拉小姐 应该是她的侄女
Yes, and Miss Estella – that’s her niece, I think –
把蛋糕和美酒送到马车窗户边给她
handed her in cake and wine at the coach window…
用金盘子装的
on a gold plate.
我们都享用了金盘子装的蛋糕和美酒
And we all had cake and wine on gold plates.
她叫我到马车后面吃 我就到后面吃我的份
And I got up behind the coach to eat mine because she told me to.
那里还有四只狗抢着银篮子里的一片薄牛肉
There were four dogs there fighting over veal cutlets out of a silver basket.
真有这种事吗 伯父?
Can this be true, Uncle?
呃…
Well, er…
这孩子是去那里玩的
the boys are there to play, Mum.
还有马车 这孩子到底在说什么 你看她坐过这辆马车吗?
And this coach, what can the boy mean? Did you ever see her in it?
看过好多次
Oh, m-many times, Mum.
你在那里玩什么 孩子?
And, er, w-what did you play at, boy?
我们玩旗子
We played with flags.
旗子?
Flags?
对 艾丝黛拉挥一面蓝旗子 我挥一面红旗子
Yes. Estella waved a blue flag and I waved a red one.
太棒了!
Astonishing!
很好玩吧 皮普?
What larks, eh, Pip?
这能让他交上好运吗 伯父?
But will it make his fortune, Uncle?
我相信哈维森小姐对他自有打算
There are plans for him, Mum, I am sure of that.
给他财产 或安排他从事体面的行业
Property, or his binding to a genteel trade.
有希望 很有前途…
Promising, Mum, highly promising…
对吧 皮普 那里至少有狗吧
Come, Pip, at least there was dogs.
就算牛肉薄片是假的 至少那里真的有狗
If there wasn’t no veal cutlets at least there was dogs.
-没有 乔 -小狗呢?
– No, Joe. – A puppy?
也没有旗子吗 皮普?
Come…and no flags neither, Pip?
老弟 这可不行 你干嘛要撒谎呢?
Old chap, this won’t do. Where you gonna expect to go to?
但我不能说出她的真面目 乔
I couldn’t speak of how she really was, Joe.
那样太…无礼了
It would be…coarse.
嗯?
Eh?
你干嘛教我把J讲成杰克?
Why did you teach me to call knaves jacks?
听我说 皮普 撒谎就是撒谎
Look here, Pip…lies is lies.
但我还得回去 乔
But I have to go back there, Joe.
六天后我还要回去那里
I have to go back there in six days’ time.
要是她再盯着我的靴子看 我该怎么办?
What will I do when she looks at my boots again?
这将来会是你的
Your own, one day.
你戴起来会很好看
And you will use them well.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!