to be done with the Manchester Cotton Company.
整个英国的市场都掌握在他们手中
They have the whole English market right in their hands.
你们和曼彻斯特有联♥系♥吗
Have you any connections with Manchester?
我们和英格兰有 许多很好的关系
We have a lot of good connections in England.
实际上… – 我是说 和曼彻斯特人
Actually… – I mean with the Manchester people.
哦 我们来这儿是讨论公♥司♥合并的
Please, we are here to discuss the merger.
我们开始吧
Let us begin at the beginning.
好的 – 谢谢
Yes, yes. – Thank you.
冯·盖根男爵在吗
Is Baron von Geigern in?
太可惜了
Too bad.
自从今年六月十一日 我们两个公♥司♥之间…
Since June 11 this year, when the first negotiation…
我昨天见过他
I met him yesterday.
…的第一次协商…
Between our respective firms…
我有个约会…
Mm-hm. I’ve got a date.
…这次合并能够…
This merger can result…
五点钟左右
About 5:00.
…我们双方 – 跳舞
All of us. – Dancing.
我们想知道的是曼彻斯特 – 等一下
Tell us about Manchester. – Just a second.
在我结束之前 我们先看一下…
Before I get through, I’m laying before you here…
最后一项条款
…the last general statement of the concern.
资金 车间 机器…
The capital, the plant, the machinery…
比如 我们提供拖布
For instance, we’ll take mop rags.
我再打给你 – 我们想知道的是曼彻斯特
I’ll call back. Tell us about Manchester.
是的 普莱辛格先生 那是我们想要知道的
Yes, Mr. Preysing, that’s what we want to know.
在我表态前…
I would rather wait for Justice Zinnowitz…
我得等兹诺威特兹律师
before I commit myself, please.
现在 继续讨论合并
Now, ahem, to go ahead with the merger.
你们会意识到…
You realize…
这次合并对你们萨克逊尼亚
that this merger is a great advantage
当然 有很大的好处
to the Saxonias, of course.
现在 让我们像成人一样的谈谈
Now, let’s talk like adults.
当时你和我们第一次接洽…
When you first approached us…
我们没有和你们接洽
We did not approach you.
这封九月十五日的信件
This letter filed in September …
表明你和我们接洽
would indicate you approached us.
那封信是对你所提出的
That letter is a response to a tentative feeler
试探性建议的回应
sent out by you.
试探性建议 我不敢相信
Tentative, my foot!
在这信的一个月前 你岳父…
A month before this, your old father-in-law…
私下来见我 初步拟定… – 初步拟定
…comes to me privately, and scratches… – Scratched?
哦 我们没有主动提出 – 你们有…
We didn’t take the initiative! – You did…
我们没有主动提出 – 是你们带的头
We did not! – You took the initiative.
先生们 看来会议已经开始了
Gentlemen, I see the conference has already begun.
很高兴你来了 兹诺威特兹律师 – 早上好
I’m glad you’re here, Justice Zinnowitz. – Good morning.
非常感谢 – 请原谅 请原谅
Thank you very much. – I beg your pardon, please.
请原谅 请原谅
I beg your pardon, please.
对不起 很高兴你在这儿
Excuse me, please. I am glad you’re here.
这些先生们有些微辞
These gentlemen have cross words.
兹诺威特兹律师 你能不能帮着…
Would you try, Justice Zinnowitz…
解决这个紧张局势 – 当然
…and iron out the situation here? – Certainly.
如果你允许我 –
Right here, on the top. – If you will allow me.
多谢
Thank you.
哦 先生们 形势似乎非常清楚
Well, gentlemen, the situation seems to be perfectly clear.
是的 可是曼彻斯特那边怎样 – 曼彻斯特
Yes. And how clear is Manchester? – Manchester?
你说了关于曼彻斯特的事吗 普莱辛格先生
Have you said anything about Manchester?
哦 没有 先生
Why, no, sir.
在这个时候关于 曼彻斯特的事 我不能表态
I cannot commit myself at this time about Manchester.
很好 哦 先生们 自从今年六月十一日…
Quite right. Well, gentlemen, since June 11 of this year…
我们两个公♥司♥之间 关于合并的第一次协商…
…when the first negotiations for a merger were entered…
现在 我们又要从起点重新开始了
Now we’re going to begin at the beginning again.
你想没想起来 当你和我们接洽…
As you remember it, when you approached us…
我们没有和你们接洽
We did not approach you.
对不起 你们确实接洽过
I’m sorry, you did! You approached us.
我们没有和你们接洽
We did not approach you. – Gentlemen.
你和我们接洽过 – 不要吵了
You approached us! Wait.
你能想象吗 在芭蕾学校的100个女孩儿里…
Can you imagine 100 girls in a ballet school…
每人都幻想着成为
…each thinking she would become
世界上最有名的舞蹈演员
the most famous dancer in the world?
那时我也雄心勃勃
I was ambitious then.
我们像士兵一样训练
We were drilled like little soldiers.
没有休息 没有停止
No rest, no stopping.
我 娇小 苗条 但是我的意志像钻石一样坚硬
I was little, slim, but hard as a diamond.
于是我很快就出名了
Then I became famous soon.
可是我为什么要和你说这些
But why am I telling you all this?
昨晚我还根本不认识你
Last night I didn’t know you at all.
你是谁 – 什么
Who are you, really? – What?
我甚至还不知道你的名字
I don’t even know your name.
我叫菲利克斯·本威努托·弗瑞亨·冯盖根
I am Felix Benvenuto Frihern von Geigern.
我妈妈叫我菲利克斯
My mother called me Flix.
不 菲利克斯
No. Flix.
太好了
That’s sweet.
那么你是怎样生活的 你是什么样的人
And how do you live? What kind of person are you?
我是回头的浪子 就像白色羊群里的黑羊
I’m a prodigal son, the black sheep of a white flock.
我会死在绞刑架上
I shall die on the gallows.
真的吗 – 真的
Really? – Really.
我没有其它的特征了 一点儿也没有了
I haven’t a bit of character. None at all.
没有了吗 – 是的 真的
No? – No. Really.
当我还是小孩子的时候
You know, when I was a little boy
我被教骑马 还有要成为绅士
I was taught to ride and be a gentleman.
然后在学校 祈祷和撒谎
Then at school, to pray and lie.
接下来在战争中 杀人和躲藏
And then in the war, to kill and hide.
就这些
That’s all.
你现在是做什么的
And what do you do now?
现在我是个赌徒…
Now I’m a gambler…
一个逍遥法外的人在…
…running at large, like a happy pig…
享受着让我喜欢的每一件事物
…devouring everything of life that pleases me.
我真的属于监狱
I really belong in jail.
多好的描述
What a picture.
还有什么
And what else?
还有什么
What else?
我还是个罪犯和饭店窃贼
I’m also a criminal and a hotel thief.
这并不好笑
That’s not a funny joke.
你必须相信一件事
You must believe one thing.
你必须相信 我爱你
You must believe that I love you.
直到现在 我才知道什么是爱
That I’ve never known love like this until now.
怎么了 菲利克斯 出什么事了
What is it, Flix? What’s the matter?
饭店窃贼
Hotel thief.

Oh, no.
你来这儿就是为了这些
Did you come here just for these?
太可怕了
That’s horrible.
你可以拿走它 我不想要它
You may keep the pearls. I don’t want them.
我也不会报♥警♥
I will not denounce you.
你现在还不走
Hadn’t you better go now?
我非常需要钱
I wanted money desperately.
难道你不明白这个吗 那是我想要你珍珠的原因
Can’t you understand that? That’s why I wanted your pearls.
有人威胁我
I was threatened.
我很需要一大笔钱
I was desperately in need of a certain big sum of money.
我一直在跟着你 我爱慕你
I’ve been following you. I’ve admired you.
但是最终昨天晚上 我还是潜入你的房♥间
But last night, at last, I managed to come into your room.
现在…
And now…
现在
And now?
我做不下去了
I couldn’t go through with it.
难道你不明白吗
Don’t you understand?
你不明白吗
Don’t you?
菲利克斯
Flix.
苏珊蒂
Suzette.
谁 – 苏珊蒂 夫人
Who? – Suzette, madam.
早上好 – 早上好 夫人
orning. – ood morning.
夫人 您睡的好吗 – 很好 苏珊蒂
Sleep well? – es.
五分钟后再回来 我会叫你的 五分钟
Come back in five minutes. I’ll call you. Five minutes.
来吧