I’m doing bills here. you talk to him. he’s your father.
我在算账呢 你跟他讲 他是你♥爸♥爸
Hey, Dad.
喂 爸
Hi, Mitch, it’s– it’s me, your dad.
米奇 是 是我 你老爸
Yeah, I know. what’s up?
我知道 怎么了
Oh, nothing. nothing much, really.
没什么 真的没什么
How’s everything going? I’m fine. fine. doing fine.
一切都还好吧 很好…
Fine. good. how about Karen and the kids?
很好 凯伦跟孩子们呢
Fine, everybody’s great. doing fine.
很好 大家都很好
Good. how about work? Busy.
那就好 工作怎么样 忙
Yeah. Yeah, I suppose.
嗯 我想也是
In fact, speaking of busy, I got a lot on my plate right now…
其实 说到忙 我现在有很多事要忙…
…so if there’s not something pressing….
所以如果没什么要紧事的话…
No. no, not at all.
没 没什么要紧事
So why don’t you call me this weekend?
那你何不这个周末再打给我
Sure.
好的
Okay. it was nice talking to you, dad. thanks for calling.
好的 很高兴跟你通话 爸 谢谢你打电♥话♥来
Thanks. yeah.
谢谢
This kid doesn’t have a chance.
这孩子无药可救了
What do you know about faucets? I know a lot about them, boy.
你会修理水龙头吗 我会的事可多了 孩子
Stand aside.
闪一边去
Jesus. for the love of pete. What?
上帝啊 饶了我吧 怎么
It must be a hundred degrees in here.
这儿温度肯定有几百度
Why don’t you turn on the fan?
干吗不打开风扇
The place is falling apart.
这地方要散架了
Man, where’d you get all this stuff?
伙计 这些东西你都是从哪儿弄来的
What are you talking about? All the tools and stuff.
你说什么 所有的工具啊
Well, it may come as a surprise to a thief…
也许对小偷来说很惊奇…
…but I bought this stuff, everything in here, with my own money.
但这儿的所有东西都是我自己花钱买♥♥的
Yeah, yeah. that’s not what I meant.
嗯…我不是那个意思
I mean, there’s just so much shit packed in here.
这儿被塞的满满当当的
Yeah. well, every tool in here has a purpose.
这儿的每个工具都有它的用处
Everything has a job to do.
每一样都有所用之处
They’re all to use if necessary.
必要的时候都能派上用场
Okay, so, what’s that?
好吧 那是什么
That’s a posthole digger. That?
那是个挖浅井的铲子 那个呢
Vise grips.
老虎钳
That? Wire cutters.
那个呢 电线剪子
You know it’s a trowel, come on.
你知道这是个泥铲子嘛
Those are shears there, and that’s a saw.
那些是剪羊毛的剪子 那个是锯
That’s a tack hammer. You can’t fool me, kid.
那是砸平头钉的锤子 你问不倒我 孩子
All right, what’s on your mind?
好吧 你心里在想什么呢
It’s just, I can’t afford to buy all this stuff.
只是 我没钱买♥♥下所有的工具
Well, I guess even a bonehead like you could understand…
我想即使像你这样的傻瓜也能够明白
…That a man acquires this over a period of 50 years.
一个人要花50年的时间才能攒齐所有东西
Yeah, but…. All right, look, here.
是的 但是 好吧
Take these three items, right here. You can have this.
拿上这三样工具 送给你了
Wd-40, vise grips and some duct tape.
Wd-40 老虎钳 还有一些管道胶带
Any man worth his salt can do half of the household chores…
任何男人利用这三样工具
…With just those three things.
都能做好一半的家务了
Anything else you need, you just borrow it, that’s all.
其他需要的工具 就管我借好了
Okay. cool.
好的 不赖
Fuck me. What’s with that?
操 怎么回事
Nothing. What?
没事 什么
Nothing, huh? I just saw you coughed up blood.
没事吗 我刚才看到你都咳出血了
That’s not good. You should really see a doctor.
这样不行 你真的要去看看医生了
Yeah. Look…
好
…Those guys who were here the other night, on my lawn.
那天晚上出现在我家草坪上的那些人
What about them?
他们是怎么回事
Just a gang, a bunch of hmong gangbangers.
只是个黑帮 一群苗族黑帮的人
Yeah, I assumed that, but what were they doing here?
对 我估计也是 但是他们来这干吗
They were gonna take me away.
他们要把我带走
They were kind of pissed that I blew my first initiation.
我搞砸了入会第一个任务 他们有点儿不爽
Yeah.
是啊
Well, you are a pussy, you know, you wanna hang out with guys like that.
你是个软蛋 你想跟他们那样的人混
What was your initiation supposed to be?
你的任务是什么
My gran torino?
我的老爷车吗
Christ all friday.
我的老天呐
Shit.
操
Toad, you got a minute?
曹 你有空吗
All right. Okay. Here it is.
好吧 行 就是它
Here’s the deal. I take the top because that’s the heaviest.
我们这么干 我来抬头 因为头沉
I pull on that, and you stand right back here…
我拉住它 你就站在这里
…And you push and help me push it up each step.
你用力推 帮我把它一点一点推起来
Just like that. Then let me take the top.
就像这样 那让我抬头吧
No, no, I’ve got the top.
不 不 我抬头
Really, I’ll take the top. It looks pretty heavy.
真的 我抬吧 看起来挺沉的
Look, I’m not crippled. I’ve got the top.
我不是个残废 我抬头
If you don’t let me take the top, I ain’t helping.
如果你不让我抬头 我就不帮你了
I’m going home.
我就回家了
Now, listen to me, zipperhead.
听我说 小顽固
No, you listen, old man.
不 你听我的 老头
I’m here because you needed help.
因为你需要帮助我才过来的
So it’s either top or I’m out of here.
所以要么我抬头 要么我走人
All right. You take the top, and I’ll push.
那好吧 你抬头 我来推
Just don’t let it slip out of your little-girl hands
千万别把它从你的小嫩手里脱手了
And crush me.
别砸到我
Don’t give me any ideas, now.
别让我现在有这种想法
That thing weighs a ton. Yeah.
这玩意足有一吨♥重 是啊
It runs like a clock, though.
不过它工作起来非常厉害的
They just don’t make them like this anymore.
就是这样的已经停产了而已
So, what are you gonna do with it?
那你准备怎么处理它呢
Sell it, I guess.
把它卖♥♥了吧 我估计
How much?
卖♥♥多少钱
60 bucks. They….
60美元 他们…
I’m tired of having it sit around down in the basement there.
我已经厌倦了只能让它停在地下室里了
Why? You looking for a freezer?
怎么 你想买♥♥个冰箱吗
The downstairs one kind of died.
楼下的那个好像报废了
Okay. 25 bucks and it’s yours.
好吧 出25美元 它就是你的了
Twenty-five? But you just said 60.
25美元吗 但是你刚才说60美元
I know,
我知道
But this’ll save me money putting an ad in the paper.
但是不用在报纸上登广♥告♥能给我省钱
Come on, let’s wheel it over to your place. All right. Okay.
来吧 把它搬到你家去 好吧
Kind of ironic, huh? What?
挺讽刺的吧 什么
Toad washing the car that he tried to steal from you.
曹在帮你擦他想偷的车
Yeah. He misses one spot, he’s doing it all over again too.
对 只要他漏擦了一块 就要重新擦
It’s nice of you to look after him like this.
你能这样照看他 真是太好心了
He doesn’t have any real role models in his life.
在他的生活中没有任何真实的行为榜样
Well, I’m not any role model.
我不是什么榜样
But you’re a good man, Wally.
但你是个好人 沃利
I wish our father would’ve been more like you.
我真希望我们的父亲能够更像你一些
Don’t go calling me Wally. No, I’m serious.
别叫我沃利 不 我是认真的
He was really hard on us, really traditional,
他对我们真的很严厉很传统
And really old-school.
而且非常守旧
Yeah, well, I’m old-school.
是的 我很守旧
Yeah, but you’re an American.
是 但你是美国人
What’s that supposed to mean?
这是什么意思
You like him, don’t you?
你喜欢他 不是吗
Are you kidding? He tried to steal my car.
开玩笑 他还想偷我的车呢
Uh-huh. And you spend time with him…
对 而你现在却在花时间陪他
…Teach him how to fix things,
教他如何修理东西
Saved him from that fucked cousin of ours.
把他从我们的混♥蛋♥表弟手中拯救了出来
Hey. watch your language, lady.
注意你的用词 女士
And you’re a good man.
而且你是个好人
I’m not a good man.
我不是好人
Get me another beer, dragon lady. This one’s empty.
再给我拿瓶啤酒 凶女人 空了
You know, the hmong consider gardening to be women’s work.
你知道吗 苗族人觉得园艺是女人的活
Yeah.
是啊
That’s probably why I see you in the garden over there all the time.
这可能是我看你整天呆在花♥园♥的原因
Besides, we ain’t in humong. Funny.
但我们不是毛族的 真有趣
You know, you should quit. That’s bad for you.
你应该戒烟了 这对你来说并不好