Tried to– what the hell am I doing here?
早该去…我坐在这里干嘛
Well, maybe some of her friends called and they changed plans.
也可能是她朋友临时打电♥话♥改变了计划吧
Yeah.
这样啊
In the war, we just lost a lot of friends, but you’re kind of set for it.
在战争中 我们失去了很多战友 但你只能坐等
You’re geared to it.
你该拿起武器去战斗
No, no, no.
不 不 不
You fuck! you rotten fuck!
混账 你们这群王八蛋
Mr. kowalski?
科瓦尔斯基先生
you okay? yeah. I’m okay.
你还好吧 是的 我没事
The police finally left.
警♥察♥走了
No one’s talking.
没人招供
One thing about the hmong, they keep their mouths shut.
苗族的事 他们都闭口不言
Yeah, I’ve noticed that.
是的 我注意到了
You know, thao and sue are never gonna find peace in this world…
你知道的 邵和苏在这儿将永不得安宁…
…as long as that gang’s around.
…只要有那些黑帮在
Until they go away, you know, forever.
除非他们走了 你知道的 否则永不得安宁
What are you saying?
你在说什么
You know what I’m saying.
你知道我的意思
I took sue to the hospital.
我带苏去医院了
She’s scared. they’re all scared.
她吓坏了 他们都吓坏了
Yeah.
是的
Thao, especially.
尤其是邵
He’s sitting out there right now, staring at your front door.
他现在就坐在外面 盯着你的大门发呆
You know what he expects, mr. kowalski.
你知道他期盼什么 科瓦尔斯基先生
What would you do?
你要怎么办
what should thao do? i know what I would do if I was you.
邵该怎么办 如果我是你 我知道该做什么
or at least what you think you should do. really?
至少会想做些什么 是吗
If I was thao, I guess I’d want vengeance.
如果我是邵 我猜我会想要报仇
I’d wanna stand shoulder to shoulder with you and kill those guys.
我会想与你并肩作战 杀掉那些混账玩意儿
And you?
那你呢
What would I do?
我该做些什么
I’d come over here and talk to you, I guess.
我会来与你谈话 我想
I know you’re close with these people, but this pisses me off too, mr.Kowalski.
我知道你们走的很近 但这事惹毛我了 科瓦尔斯基先生
Want a beer?
喝啤酒吗
I’d love one.
来一瓶吧
There’s some in the chest right over there behind you.
你身后的箱子里面有
Damn all this.
这都什么鸟事
just isn’t fair. nothing’s fair, father.
真不公平啊 世上没有公平 神父
So, what are you gonna do, mr. kowalski?
那么 你要怎么办 科瓦尔斯基先生
Call me walt.
叫我沃尔特吧
All right.
好的
What are you gonna do, walt?
你要怎么做 沃尔特
I don’t know…
我不知道…
…but I’ll think of something.
…但我会考虑清楚的
Whatever it is, they won’t have a chance.
不管怎样 不会再有第二次了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
thinking. thinking? thinking time is over.
思考 思考 还有空思考
Now it’s time to knock the shit out of those pricks.
现在是时候去收拾那些人♥渣♥了
I know you don’t wanna hear this, but now’s the time to stay calm.
我知道你不想听 但现在先要冷静下来
Calm? you want me to be calm?
冷静 你想让我冷静
We stay calm or else mistakes get made.
我们要保持冷静 否则只能错上加错
We have to step back from this thing.
这事得从长计议
No. don’t let me down, walt. not you.
不 别想让我冷静下来 沃尔特 别想
This is gonna end today.
今天就要做个了断
Sit down.
坐下
i don’t wanna sit. i said, sit down.
我不想坐 我说了 坐下
Now, listen to me. we gotta plan this, and plan it very carefully.
现在听着 我们要有所计划 计划周全
We can’t make any mistakes.
不能失误
Now, you know I’m the right man for this job.
你知道 我就是干这个的
So I want you to go home and stay calm…
所以我想你先回家 冷静下来…
…and come back here at 4 this afternoon.
…今天下午4点来我这儿
and what needs to be done will be done. i say we go now. right now.
终究会有个了断的 我们现在就走 现在
And what? kill that cousin of yours and the rest of those zips?
然后呢 杀了你堂兄和那些走狗
Mr. tough guy out for blood all of a sudden?
来个血腥大屠♥杀♥
You know nothing about it.
你什么都不懂
Now go home and you stay calm.
现在回家去 冷静下来
Come back here at 4. all right?
4点来这儿 好吗
Okay?
好吗
Okay.
好的
Yeah. I know, I know. give me a break, will you?
是的 我知道 让我喘口气 行吗
It’s the first time I’ve ever smoked in the house.
这是我第一次在家里吸烟啊
Let a man enjoy himself, would you, girl?
让男人独自享受享受 好吗 姑娘
All finished. ten dollars american.
完了 10美元
I don’t suppose your guinea hands
真想不到你的几内亚大手
Are steady enough to do a straight shave?
还能理出平头来
Straight shave? you’ve never asked for a straight shave.
平头 你没说过要理平头啊
I know, but I’ve always wondered about it. that’s unless you’re too busy.
我知道 我每次都想尝试 但你总是很忙
no, just let me heat up a towel. yeah. and here, here’s a 20.
不是吧 我去热热毛巾 好 给你 20
Keep the change. that’s just in case you hit my jugular.
不用找了 感谢你这么多年没伤到过我
It’s gonna take about one hour.
大概需要1小时
We gonna shorten the sleeves a little bit.
我们来把袖子改短一点
Gonna fix the shoulder.
把肩部修修
yeah. I never had a fitted suit before. yes, sir.
不错 我从没穿过这么合适的衣服 是的 先生
You look very good.
看起来很不错
what can I do for you, mr. kowalski? i’m here for a confession.
我能为您做些什么 科瓦尔斯基先生 我来做忏悔
Oh, lord jesus. what have you done?
上帝啊 你做了什么
nothing. you just take it easy, now. what are you up to?
什么也没做过 放轻松 那你来干什么
Are you gonna give me a confession or not?
你到底给不给我做忏悔
How long has it been since your last confession?
你上次做忏悔是什么时候
Oh, forever.
从没做过
Bless me, father, for I have sinned.
请宽恕我 神父 宽恕我的罪行
What are your sins, my son?
你犯过哪些罪行 我的子民
Well, in 1968, I kissed betty jablonski…
1968年 我亲吻了贝蒂·雅布隆斯基 …
…at the factory christmas party.
…在工厂的圣诞宴会上
Dorothy was in the other room with the other wives.
当时桃乐西和其他主妇们在另一间屋子里
It just happened.
但事情就那么发生了
Yes, go on.
好的 继续
Well, I made a 900-dollar profit selling a boat and a motor.
在卖♥♥一艘船和发动机时 我拿了900美元的好处
I didn’t pay the taxes. it’s the same as stealing.
没有缴税 和偷盗一样恶劣
Yes, fine.
好的 没关系的
Oh, lastly…
最后…
…i was never very close with my two sons.
…我从未和我的两个儿子亲近过
I don’t know them. I didn’t know how.
我不了解他们 不知道该怎么相处
That’s it?
就这些吗
That’s it? it’s bothered me most of my life.
就这些 就这些已经困扰了我大半生了
Say 10 “hail marys” and five “our fathers.”
说10遍”万福玛利亚” 5遍”我的天父”
God loves you and forgives you, and I absolve you of all your sins.
上帝爱你 宽恕你 我宣布你无罪
In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.
以圣父 圣子和圣灵的名义
Thank you, padre.
谢谢你 神父
Are you going to retaliate for what happened to sue?
你会去为苏报仇吗
I’m going over to that house today, mr. kowalski.
我今天要去那房♥子那 科瓦尔斯基先生
Is that so?
是吗
It is.
是的
And every other day until you see the folly in what you’re planning.
我每天都会去 知道你停止计划做傻事
busy day. gotta go. go in peace.
我很忙 要走了 要冷静
Oh, I am at peace.
我很冷静
Jesus christ.
上帝啊
So which one’s mine?
哪个是我的
You ever fired a weapon before?
你以前开过枪吗
No.
没
Well, why don’t you put that one down?
干嘛不把它放下
And I got something I wanna show you. come on.
给你看些东西 来
What?
什么东西
1952, we were sent up to take out a chink machine-gun nest.
1952年 我们被派去捣毁一个武器库
Been shredding us up pretty good.
我们被打惨了
I was the only one that came back that day.
我是那天唯一幸存回来的人
For that, they gave me a silver star. here it is.
因此 他们给我发了个勋章 就是这个
Here. I want you to have it.
给你 拿着它
Why?
为什么
Why? because we all knew the dangers that night, but we went anyway.
为什么 因为我们都知道今晚很危险 但必须去