We’ve had a spot of trouble lately.
我们最近遇上了一些麻烦
When I was acting in New York,
当我在纽约做演员的时候
my uncle, a wonderful playwright, told me that I should pray.
我的舅舅 一个很棒的剧作家 告诉我 我应该祷告
The same prayer, every night.
每天晚上 相同的祷告
That should I ever… should I ever make it, I would never be ungrateful.
如果我曾… 如果我曾这么祷告 我就永远不会忘恩负义
That should I ever be in a position of influence,
如果我能有一个平和的心态
I would have it in me to use it for good.
我会保持住 并利用它做一些善事
Now, some of you ask, why did I leave Hollywood?
现在 你们可能会问 我为什么离开好莱坞?
Well… I left because…
好吧… 我离开是因为…
because I fell in love with a charming prince.
因为我和一位迷人的王子相恋了
A man who has inspired me to see the world with enough compassion
一个激励我用怜悯之心去怀抱这个世界
that I may want to do something about all of the unfair things that I see in it.
让我有勇气为一切不公平声张正义的男人
And that is why we are honouring the Red Cross.
这也是为什么我们筹办这个晚宴
A force for good that is… that is very close to my heart.
积德行善… 是十分合我心意的
One of my dearest friends once told me…
一个我非常要好的朋友曾经告诉我…
that when people dream of marrying royalty,
当人们梦想着嫁入皇室
they rarely comprehend what it actually means.
她们很少能真正了解这意味着什么
It means…
这意味着…
It means having to choose.
这意味着得做出抉择
And… I chose the House of Monaco.
而我… 我选择摩纳哥皇室
It may not seem a noble place, it may seem…
这也许不是一个十分神圣的地方 也许看起来…
Well, it may seem pompous and it may seem circumstantial,
好吧 它也许看起来太豪华太讲究了
and… I may not speak its language and…
而…我也许不怎么会说它的语言…
Oh…
哦…
It frustrates me at times, but…
这不时让我产生挫败感 但是…
it’s my home.
这是我的家
And these are my people. And they are good people.
这些是我的人♥民♥ 而且他们都是善良的人
And they’re trying to do what’s right, in their own small corner of the world…
他们在努力做着正确的事情 在他们自己的小小世界里…
in the best way that they know how.
用他们所知道的最好的方式
And those of you who are married will know exactly what I mean.
在座各位已婚的 你们会明白我的意思
Maybe I’m naive but… I believe in fairy tales.
或许我太天真… 但是我相信童话
I do. I believe that they can exist if we really want them to,
我相信 我相信他们会实现 只要我们愿意
if we are prepared to work hard enough.
只要我们准备充分
I believe that the…
我相信…
that the world will not always be full of hatred and conflict if…
世界不会永远充满着冲突与恨意只要…
if we’re willing to sacrifice enough.
只要我们愿意牺牲一切
And that is what…
这就是…
That is what Monaco means to me.
这就是摩纳哥对我的意义
And in a way that is why…
从另一个角度说也是…
That is why I am Monaco.
这也是我于摩纳哥的意义
I have no army, I…
我没有一兵一卒 我…
I wish ill on no one.
我不想让任何人受伤
I bear no resistance to aggression, I just…
我无意反抗侵略 我只是…
I’m here.
我来这里
I’m here doing what I do,
我来这里做我所能做的
trying to make a little difference in the world in the best way that I know how.
用我自己的方式让这个世界作出一点点的改变
But it wouldn’t be real life, or it wouldn’t be the fairy tale,
但是这不是真实的生活 这也不会成为童话
if there wasn’t someone trying to destroy it, or crush it,
仅仅因为这个世界没有满足某些人 仅仅因为他们有能力
simply because it doesn’t please them, or simply because they can.
便试图毁灭这个世界 击垮它
And I know some of you think it’s their right to do so.
而我知道你们中一些人认为这么做是他们的权利
But I don’t think anyone should have the right
但我不认为任何人应该拥有这个权利
to crush happiness or beauty when they see it.
看见幸福和美好的事物就去摧毁它们
Well, it’s…
好吧 这…
It’s not how I was raised.
这不是我从小受到的教育
And it’s not the world that I wish to…
这不是我所期待的世界…
It’s not the world I wish to be a part of.
这不是我所想要生活的世界
I would rather that the… that the tanks roll through my lawn,
我宁可… 我宁可让那些坦克夷平我的草地
I would rather that the bombs fall on my house
我宁可让那些炸♥弹♥落在我的家中
than know I live in a world where love doesn’t conquer all.
而不是意识到我所生活的世界里 爱不能征服一切
Because…
因为…
Because I believe in love.
因为我相信爱的力量
And… I believe that it’s love that has brought us here tonight.
而且… 我相信 是爱 能让我们今晚能相聚此地
And it’s love…
是爱…
It’s love that will make us put away our guns and our politics
是爱能让我们放下我们枪♥支♥ 抛开政♥治♥
and our fears and our prejudices,
驱散我们的恐惧 卸下我们的偏见
and it’s love that will eventually make everything right.
是爱让我们最终踏入正轨
And that is why tonight I am going to celebrate it,
这就是为什么今晚我们要庆祝它
and I’m going to be willing to defend it.
我也会努力守护它
And I hope that you will all do the same in your own way…
我也希望你们在今后的生命里…
out there in your own lives.
以自己的方式守护它
American Aphrodite…
美国的阿佛洛狄忒…
You’re not really gonna drop a bomb on Princess Grace, are you, Charles?
你不会真的在格蕾丝王妃家投一颗炸♥弹♥吧 总统先生?
I love you.
我爱你
Long after I’m gone,
我去世之后
long after the House of Grimaldi has fallen,
格里马尔迪家族家族没落之后
the world is going to remember your name, Your Highness.
世界依旧会铭记你的名字 殿下
You are the fairy tale… the serenity to which we all aspire.
你就是童话…你永远都是我们尊敬的殿下
And peace will come when you embrace the roles you have been destined to play…
当你领会了你要扮演的角色时 和平就会到来
devoted mother, loyal wife, compassionate leader.
一个乐于奉献的母亲 忠诚的妻子 有怜悯之心的领袖
Up against the task, larger than yourself, you will overcome your fear.
把责任置于自我之上 你会克服你的恐惧
Those that preceded you will be forgotten.
你的前辈会被遗忘
Those that follow you will be inspired by your strength and endurance.
你的后辈会被你的坚强与毅力所鼓舞
For no matter where you are, in years to come,
无论今后你身在何处
they will continue to whisper your name: The Princess Grace.
他们都会永远铭记你的名字 格蕾丝王妃
“For all one can wish for in life is a place to belong,
“一个人一生中所能奢望的就是一个归属
to love and be loved without doubt, without judgment, without condition.
能无所顾忌地爱和被爱
This will be my fairy tale.”
这就是属于我的童话故事”
# I found an ocean in your eyes #
# 在你的眼睛里 我找到了一片海 #
# And seeked an island in your arms #
# 在你的怀抱里 我寻找一个岛屿 #
# But now it’s time to go #
# 但现在是时候我要离开了 #
# And time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# I know all golden days are gone #
# 我知道所有美好的日子都已远去 #
# Dry is the fountain of our love #
# 我们的爱也已经干涸 #
# But still I see the prettiest of your smiles #
# 但我仍然能看见你最美丽的笑容 #
# Lingering over me #
# 在我周围徘徊 #
# But now it’s time to say goodbye #
# 但现在得说再见了 #
# Time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# Sweet love, it’s time to say goodbye #
# 我的爱人 是时候说再见了 #
# Let’s make ourselves disappear #
# 让我们一起离开吧 #
# I’d like to see you one more time #
# 我想再见你一面 #
# Before you take my heart away #
# 之后你便可把我的心带走 #
# Consider this a kind of last goodbye #
# 把这当做最后一次告别 #
# To these unforgotten days #
# 告别那难以忘怀的日子 #
# But now it’s time to say goodbye #
# 可是现在是时候说再见了 #
# Time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# Sweet love, it’s time to say goodbye #
# 我的爱人 是时候说再见了 #
# Let’s make ourselves disappear #
# 让我们一起离开吧 #
# And if you ever change your mind #
# 如果你改变了主意 #
# It’d be fine #
# 也没有关系 #
# And if you ever change your mind #
# 如果你改变了主意 #
# It’d be fine #
# 也没有关系 #
# Together #
# 在一起就没有关系 #
# And time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# Time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# Time flows like tears #
# 时间如泪水一般流淌 #
# Let’s make ourselves disappear #
# 让我们一起离开吧 #