哥雅
Francisco,
还记得有个富商逼你承认是猴…
Do you remember that rich merchant that made you confess that you…
你还记得
Yes.
怎么忘得了?他是谁来着?
You remember. – S? What was his name?
汤马斯毕巴图
Thomas Bilbatua.
对了,他好吗?
Yes, of course. How is he?
他死了
Oh, he’s dead.
真是遗憾
I’m sorry to hear that.
是他女儿的事
No, it’s his daughter.
她需要帮忙
She needs help.
没问题,叫她随时来找我
Of course. She can come to see me any time she wants.
她已经来了,在马车上
Well, she’s here. She’s in my carriage outside.
带她进来
Bring her in.
我有今天…
I owe everything…
我有今天…
I owe everything to…
你不必用吼的
No, you don’t have to shout.
只要说慢速度…
You can just speak slowly
咬字清晰,我会读唇语
and articulate and I can read your lips.
我…
I…
我有今天全靠他
I owe everything to that man.
他逼得我逃去法国
Because of him I had to run to France.
我在那里突然恍然大悟到
And there suddenly, saw in one bright flash
我这辈子错得多厉害
how terribly wrong I had been all my life.
研读伏尔泰、卢梭
Reading Reading Voltaire, Rousseau…
拜见丹敦…你看,我又受洗了
Meeting Danton. Look, I was baptized again.
我为大革命流了血
I shed blood for the Revolution.
好大的疤
A nasty wound.
我甚至结了婚
And I even got married there.
我娶了亨妮塔
Yes, Henrietta, my wife.
我爱她,我有三个孩子
I love her… And I have three children.
我还立誓不再婚呢
Yes, I who took the vows of celibacy.
所以你得帮我们画一幅全家福
So you will have to paint my portrait with the whole family.
总共…
That’s…
有十只手要画
That’s ten hands to paint.
十只!我全付得起了
Ten. And I can afford them all now.
进来
Come in.
茵妮丝
Innis.
这是罗伦佐…
This is Lorenzo…
卡萨马瑞斯,罗伦佐卡萨马瑞斯
Casamares. Lorenzo Casamares.
我能为你效劳吗?
What can I do for you, miss?
不!你别这样,别这样…
Don’t, no, no, please, stop this, stop. Stop, please.
坐下
Sit down.
坐,告诉我…
Sit. Just tell me
我能为你做什么?
what do you need? What can I do for you?
我们的孩子怎么了?
What happened to our child?
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
她跟你在一起吗?
Is she…? Is she with you?
他们关了你多少年?
How long did they keep you in that prison?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你…认为你在牢里生了孩子?
And…you think you had a child in there?
是个小女孩,我们的女儿
A little girl. Our daughter
〝我们的″女儿?
“Our” daughter?
你为什么认定我就是父亲?
Why do you believe that I am the father of your little girl?
因为我只接触过你一个男人
Because you’re the only man I’ve ever known.
你先坐下再说
Please, sit down, sit down, please.
孩子后来怎么了?
What happened to the child?
我不知道
I don’t know.
她被带走了,甚至…
They took her from me before…
她还没尝过我的奶水
she even tasted my milk.
茵妮丝,你过来,来
Innis, my dear, come here. Come, come.
你跟这个年轻人走
Now, you will go with this nice young man
他会带你去见你女儿,好吗?
and he will take you to your daughter. All right?
你跟他去,去吧
You just go with him.
一切都会好起来的
Go on. Everything will be fine.
我真是同情这些可怜人
I feel such pity for these poor souls.
我们以前真野蛮…
How barbaric we were…
你送她去哪里?
Where are you sending her?
她显然在牢里发了疯
She has obviously taken leave of her senses in jail.
不过我保证不会让她失望
However, I will not fail her. I promise you.
她不会有事吧?
Will she be all right?
她会衣食无缺
She will be well provided for.
你觉得整件事是她捏造的?
You think she invented the story about her child?
恐怕没错…我确定是的
I’m afraid so. I’m sure she did.
告诉我
Tell me…
要是囚犯在地牢里产子
if a prisoner gave birth in the dungeons of the Holy Office,
孩子会怎样?
what would have happened to the child?
你是在问…你的孩子吗?
Might it concern your child?
麻烦你,回答我的问题
Please, respond to my question.
要是我回答
If I do,
你会放了我一马吗?
will you spare whatever remains of my life?
你会让我好死吗?
Will you kindly let me die in peace?
我会
Yes.
我能相信…一只猴子吗?
Can I trust a… a monkey?
你能
Yes.
没有1793年生于马德里的人吗?
There are no girls here born in ’93 and brought from Madrid?
有吗?
Are there?
有一个人符合条件
There was one who would answer that description.
没错,1793年,马德里
1793, Madrid,
宗教法庭送来的
sent here by the Holy Office.
是哪一个?
Which one is she?
她不在这里,她才11岁就跑了
She’s not here. She ran away from us when she was only 11.
她现在人呢?
Where is she now?
只有上帝知道,她野得不得了
Only God can answer that question. She was a little tiger.
知道父母是谁吗?
Is it known who her parents were?
并不清楚
Not really.
他们提过姓名吗?
Did they mention their names?
没有,他们从来不说
Oh, no. They never do.
她有受洗吗?- 来就受洗了
Did you baptize her? – Oh, immediately.
她叫什么教名?
What was her baptismal name?
艾丽西亚 – 艾丽西亚
Alicia. – Alicia.
艾丽西亚,快准备
Alicia. Come on.
来吧
Come on.
那个女孩是谁?
Who was that girl there?
艾丽西亚,她很温柔…
Her name is Alicia. She’s sweet…
她叫什么?- 艾丽西亚
What’s her name? – Alicia.
帮我写下来
Write it down.
艾丽西亚
Alicia.
好,艾丽西亚,她会回来吗?
All right. Alicia. Will she be back?
今天不会,明天吧
Oh, no, no, not today. Tomorrow.
什么?
What?
她明天可以陪你
You can have her tomorrow.
天哪!这是什么?
My God, what is this?
这位是弗兰德斯画家波希
This is by the Flemish painter Hieronymous Bosch…
人称波斯可
El Bosco, sire.
这幅是〝世俗乐事园″
It’s called ‘The Garden of Earthly Delights’.
你喜欢吗?- 当然
Do you like this? – Well,
这画确实古怪
it is very bizarre,
弗兰德斯画,画得非常好
you are right, but of course it’s Flemish. And it is very well painted.
我看它既非花♥园♥也非乐事
This is neither my kind of a garden nor my kind of delights.
这幅绝对不行,拿破仑不会喜欢
I would never send this to Napoleon. This is not my brother’s taste… No!
你就让它留在马德里吧
You can keep this thing right here in Madrid.
这幅挺不错的,这是卡洛斯四世
Ah, now this looks promising. This is Carlos the Fourth.
我见过他…和他老婆
I met him… and his wife.
但我不记得她有那么丑
Although I don’t recall her being that ugly.
她怎能有那么多情人?
How did she manage to have so many lovers?
她可是皇后,陛下
She was the Queen, sire.
这…是杰作了
This… is a masterpiece.
确实如此
Indeed it is, sire.
我弟弟会喜欢的
My brother would appreciate this.
他可以这么嚣张?
And he can just do that?