抢银行,殴打老妇人,总之干点什么吧
Rob a bank. Mug an old lady. Do something.
-看了史蒂文斯部长那段短片了吗? -我们会看的
– You look at the Secretary Stevens footage? – We will.
看完它,值得一看的
Watch it all the way to the end, it’s worth it.
约翰,谢谢了
Thank you, John.
这段不长
There’s not much there.
可以接到艾森豪威尔支持火车这段上面
I can’t tie it to the Eisenhower in the back of the train piece.
-佛瑞德,你在底特律呆过吗? -最近没有
– You ever spend any time in Detroit, Fred? – Not recently.
底特律新闻报道了一条消息 在密歇根州德克斯特镇
There’s a story here in the Detroit News, Dexter, Michigan.
一个名叫麦洛.拉丢勒比奇的人
A kid named Milo Radulovich.
-意大利人吗? -爱尔蘭人,被空军开除了
– Italian? – Irish. Air Force kicked him out because his dad…
理由是他父亲读了些塞尔维亚报纸 -他父亲是共♥产♥分子? -不知道
…read some Serbian newspaper. – Was he a Communist? – I don’t know.
-谁作出这项指控? -空军
– Who brought the charges? – Air Force.
指控书放在封好的信封里
Charges were in a sealed envelope, nobody saw them.
-没人见过那些指控书 -听证会上也没有出示吗?
– Not even at the hearing? – He was declared guilty without a trial…
他不经审判就被宣布有罪 并被告知若想保住工作
…and told if he wanted to keep his job…
就得跟他父亲和姐姐划清界限 谢谢,纳塔利
…he had to denounce his father and his sister. Thank you, Natalie.
-他姐姐? -是的,他叫他们去远足了
– His sister? – He told them to take a hike.
叫乔和查理来,看看他在镜头上表现如何
Let’s send Joe and Charlie down there, see if he’s any good on camera.
他现在被带到委员会面前去了吗?
Is he being brought before the Committee?
没有
No.
那就不是麦卡锡的授意了
Then it’s not McCarthy.
对吧?
Isn’t it?
麦洛.拉丢勒比奇
Milo Radulovich.
你的孩子们会怎么样?
What happens to your children your 5-year-old and your 5-month-old in terms of you?
是的,如果我以我的亲戚怎么样而被审判
If I am being judged on my relatives…
我的孩子们会被要求跟我划清界限吗?
…are my children going to be asked to denounce me?
他们会以他们的父亲被扣上的罪名 而被评判吗?
Are they going to be judged on what their father was labeled?
他们会不得不向他们的朋友们苦苦解释
Are they going to have to explain to their friends, etc…
为什么他们的父亲 是个危险分子之类的问题吗?
…why their father is a security risk?
如果这种事情像委员会初次决定那样
If the thing is let stand as it, the first recommendation…
得到承认,我可以预见这事会造成对每个人而言
…was sent out by the board, I see a chain reaction that…
都永无休止的连锁反应
…has no end to anybody, for anybody.
恩,这是新闻
Well, that’s new.
这新闻不是中立性的…
You can’t call this a neutral piece.
这些年来具右翼色彩的新闻可没少见
The other side’s been represented rather well for the last 2 years.
空军还没有公布他们的意见
The Air Force hasn’t gone on the record.
你想超出你坚持了15年的界限吗?
So you want to forego the standards you’ve stuck to for 15 years…
表现双方意见而不作评的界限
…both sides, no commentary.
-我们都总插入意见 -我只想确定你知道你们在干什么
– We all editorialize. – I’m just making sure we identify what…
我们给他们提供信息,
We’re giving them the information up front…
加他们做出评论
…and we’re asking them to comment on it.
佛瑞德,等等,佛瑞德
Frank, hold on.
我扪心自问
I’ve searched my conscience.
觉得这事绝对没有任何道理
I can’t for the life of me find any justification for this.
我不觉得任何事情
I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story…
都有对等的和逻辑的双方意见
…two equal and logical sides to an argument.
-你大可以说我在妄发主持评论 -这的确是在发主持评论
– Call it editorializing, if you’d like. – It is editorializing.
-爱德 -双方会有同样多时间发言
They’ll have equal time to defend themselves.
你知道你这是在把我们置于什么境地吗?
Do you understand the position you’re putting us in?
我们在同一条船上,如果参议员…
We are all in this together, if the Senate wants to investigate…
佛瑞德,行行好
Do me a favor…
收起你那“在同一条船上”的大论好吗?
…avoid any big speeches about how we’re all in a big boat together!
请不要侮辱我
Please, don’t insult me.
我得回佩利先生那里去了,还有你栏目的赞助商美国铝公♥司♥…
I have to go back to Mr. Paley and Alcoa, who sponsors your show…
碰巧跟军方有生意往来
…and also have some military contracts…
你可以去告诉他们 由于你对乔.麦卡锡大发了一通牢骚
…and I have to tell them that they’re going to be in a tough bind…
他们和军方的关系可就更“铁”啦
…because of a beef you had with Joe McCarthy.
-我们不会针对麦卡锡 -但你这是在撩起争端
– We’re not going at McCarthy. – You’re starting the goddamn fire.
打扰一下,先生们,有位安德森上校找你
Excuse me. Mr. Friendly, there’s a Colonel Anderson to see you?
-上校? -他现在在你办公室,一共来了两个人
– Colonel? – He’s in your office. There are two of them.
也许他们喜欢那节目内容抄本,想表扬我们呢
Maybe they liked the transcript, and want to compliment us on it.
不好意思,先告退
Excuse me.
去追乔.肯尼迪的消息,我们会为这个出钱
Go after Joe Kennedy. We’ll pay for it.
我已经有了关于胡佛的很好的新闻
I’ve got a great story about Hoover.
你知道你要作多少辑〈人物访谈〉
You know how many shows you’re going to have to do…
来弥补这次的损失吗? -下周我访问朱迪和她的女儿莉莎
…to make up for this? – And Judy and her daughter Liza next week.
不,你将采访德国牧羊狗明星
No, no. You’re interviewing Rin Tin Tin!
我会跟佩利先生谈谈
I’ll talk to Mr. Paley.
美国铝公♥司♥不会付广♥告♥费
Alcoa won’t pay for the ads.
我们可能也不会,但没人会阻止你
And we probably won’t either. But nobody’ll stop you.
广♥告♥要多少钱
How much are the ads?
-三千圆 -我会跟佛瑞德一人出一半
– 3,000. – I’ll split it with Fred.
他今年没钱给他的孩子们买♥♥圣诞礼物了
He just won’t have Christmas presents for his kids this year.
-他是犹太人 -别告诉他这个,他喜欢圣诞节
– He’s a Jew. – Don’t tell him that, he loves Christmas.
-你们跟律师们谈过了吗? -谈了,
– To be clear, you did speak with the lawyers? – Yes, we did.
我们也看了节目稿抄本,我们没有被允许看相关录影带
And we read the transcript. We’ve not been allowed to see the footage.
查理.马克现在在飞机上 他手上有访问的其余部分
Mack is on a plane from Dexter right now with the last interviews.
我们在最后期限才能完成影带拍摄
We’ll be going right down to the wire.
你们的节目明天就要播出了,只给我们这么点时间,我们怎可能确定
Your show airs tomorrow. How can we possibly approve and check…
你们要播的东西是否适合放映?
…your story in the limited amount of time you have given us?
我得说,你们被邀请来是要参加这个节目,
With all due respect, you have been invited to participate in this piece…
它不需要你们批准
…not to approve it.
我们做的节目就是要说美国空军
We are going with the story that says that the U.S. Air Force…
在没有任何证据的情况下 审问麦洛.拉丢勒比奇
…tried Milo Radulovich without any evidence…
并判定他是一个危险分子
…and found him guilty of being a security risk…
但你也没有看到任何证据 -就断言他不是…
…without his Constitutional rights… – You have not seen the evidence…
…一个危险分子
…and are claiming he’s not a security risk.
难道你不认为那些看了那个信封里的控诉资料的人们会比你清楚…
Wouldn’t you guess that those who have seen the contents of that envelope…
-什么样的人是国家的危险分子吗?
…might have a better idea of what makes someone a danger to his country?
-是谁?那些人是谁? -或者你觉得该由你来作出判断?
– Who? Who? – Or do you think it should just be you that decides?
先生们,那些人是谁?他们是被推选出来的,抑或是被任命的?
Who are the people? Are they elected? Are they appointed?
他们会不会别有所图?那些人中有先生您吗?
Do they have an axe to grind? Is it you, sir?
还是有詹肯斯上校您呢?你们知道那封密信中的内容吗?
Or you, Colonel Jenkins? Do you know the contents of that sealed envelope?
芬特尼先生,我们多年来一直都是莫罗先生以及CBS的朋友和同盟
We have been a friend and ally of both Mr. Murrow and CBS News for many years.
你们明天要做的节目没有任何好处
The story you are going to run tomorrow is without merit.
所以在你们做出任何不可挽回的事之前
So before you take any steps that cannot be undone…
我力请你好好再想想你们的立场
…I strongly urge you to reconsider your stand.
你们正准备走的可是一步险棋
These are very dangerous waters you are attempting to navigate.
事实上根本没有召开听证会,我们根本没有上庭
We have had no hearing at all. We have had no day in court.
我在底特率当了32年律师
In all the 32 years that I have been a practicing attorney in Detroit…
从没遇到过像这样
…I have never witnessed such a farce and travesty upon justice…
糟蹋司法公正的荒唐事
…as this thing has developed.
埃迪,拿第一盘带子过来
– Now this whole theory… – Eddie, just take the first reel.
告诉约翰我额外留了五秒
Tell John I left 5 seconds extra leader.
明白了,帕默,乔在哪?
5 seconds! I got it! Palmer, where’s Joe? Have you seen Joe?
他正赶着去控制室
He’s on his way to the control room.
我们现在要直播话外音
We’re gonna have to do the voice-over live.
纳塔利,我要用有直播话筒的录影棚
Natalie, I need a booth with a live mic.
都准备好了
Booth is there, it’s already set.
我们没时间协调音影了
We didn’t have time to sync the voice-over out.
这个不对,不是我要的
That’s not what I asked for.
开头约有五秒评论,最后一段还缺话外音
It’s missing the voice-over on the last piece.
唐,棚子里有人在播广♥告♥
There’s a commercial in the booth. What shall I do?
-还有两分钟就要直播了,伙计们 -叫播广♥告♥的先出去
– 2 minutes to air! – There’s not supposed to be a commercial!
不能在这里装麦克风,去棚里装
Get him out of the booth!
-两分半钟后播爱德那段 -我们最后还有三分钟
2-and-a-half minutes on the end piece.
伙计们,小声点,太吵了
Keep it down, please. It’s a little loud.
还有两分钟开播,伙计们
2 minutes to air, fellas.
-查理,借打火机给我
– He’s gonna add a joke. – Charlie, loan me your lighter.
-谢谢 -换掉最后讲关于父母的两篇稿
Make sure you know that I swap with those two pieces of parents.
-他说得快的话就没问题 -他会说得快的
– As long as he talks fast because… – He will talk fast.
我们拿到录像带了
We got the film.
都准备好了吗?
Will it be ready?
当然
You bet.
佛瑞德,你知道吗
Funny thing, Freddy!
每次你为我点烟 我就知道你在对我撒谎了
Every time you light a cigarette for me, I know you’re lying.
我突然觉得这次我们无法轻松过关了
It occurs to me we might not get away with this one.
铝,美国铝业公♥司♥…
Alcoa, the aluminum company of America…
-最后十秒 -大家准备好了?好
– 10 seconds. – You fellas, ready? Okay.
一号♥摄影机准备就绪
Ready on camera 1.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!