我受够了北佬的污辱
We’ve borne enough insults from the meddling Yankees.
我们还是要保有奴隶…
It’s time we made them understand we’ll keep our slaves…
不管他们同意或不同意
with or without their approval.
使乔治亚州脱离出来…
‘Twas the sovereign right of the state of Georgia…
获得统治权
to secede from the Union!
对
That’s right!
南方必须用它的军队宣言
The South must assert herself by force of arms.
在我们向北佬宣战后…
After we’ve fired on the Yankee rascals at Fort Sumter…
我们必须反击
we’ve got to fight!
-其他没有出路 -反击 只有反击
-There’s no other way! -Fight! That’s right. Fight!
让我们和北佬谈和
Let the Yankees ask for peace!
道理很简单…
The situation is very simple.
北佬不能打 而我们能
The Yankees can’t fight and we can.
他们不能战斗
There won’t even be a battle.
他们只会调头逃跑
They’ll just turn and run every time.
一个南方士兵能打20个北佬
One Southerner can lick 20 Yankees.
一仗把他们击败
We’ll finish them in one battle.
绅士总能击败乌合之众的
Gentlemen can always fight better than rabble.
是的 说的很对
Yes, gentlemen always can fight better than rabble.
我们部队的上尉认为如何
What does the captain of our troop say?
如果南方反击 我就去
Well, gentlemen, if Georgia fights I go with her.
但我希望北方…
But, like my father, I hope that the Yankees…
不要逼我们打仗
will let us leave the Union in peace.
-但是 艾西利… -艾西利 他们在侮辱我们
-But, Ashley… -But, Ashley, they’ve insulted us!
你是不想上战场
You can’t mean you don’t want war!
世界大部分不幸都是战争造成的
Most of the miseries of the world were caused by wars.
战争结束后…
And when the wars were over…
没人知道为何要打仗
no one ever knew what they were about.
这不是我认识的你…
If it wasn’t that I knew you…
大家静一静 巴特勒去过北方
Now, gentlemen, Mr. Butler’s been up North, I hear.
你认为如何 巴特勒先生
Don’t you agree with us, Mr. Butler?
我认为战争不是依空口取胜的
I think it’s hard winning a war with words, gentlemen.
你是指什么
What do you mean, sir?
南方没有任何大炮制♥造♥厂
There’s not a cannon factory in the whole South.
这有什么关系
What difference does that make to a gentleman?
这对大批士兵来说…
Lt’ll make a great deal of difference…
关系重大
to a great many gentlemen, sir.
巴特勒先生 你是暗示北方能击败我们吗
Are you hinting, Mr. Butler, that the Yankees can lick us?
不 不是在暗示
No, I’m not hinting.
我是说他们…
I’m saying very plainly that the Yankees…
装备比我们好
are better equipped than we.
他们有工厂 造船厂以及煤矿…
They’ve got factories, shipyards, coal mines…
能封锁我们的港口 将我们饿死
and a fleet to bottle up our harbors and starve us to death.
而我们只有棉花 奴隶及自大
All we’ve got is cotton and slaves and arrogance.
那是北佬的叛徒
That’s Yankee treachery!
我拒绝听叛徒的言论
Sir, I refuse to listen to any renegade talk!
对不起 如果真言冒犯各位的话
I’m sorry if the truth offends you.
道歉还不够
Apologies aren’t enough, sir!
我听说 你被西点军校赶出来 巴特勒先生…
I hear you were turned out of West Point, Mr.Rhett Butler…
而且在你家乡–查尔斯顿…
and you aren’t received by any decent family…
即便你的家族也不接受你
in Charleston, not even your own!
我为我的错再道歉一次
I apologize again for all my shortcomings.
如果你不介意 我要出去走走…
Perhaps you won’t mind if I walk about…
看看你的地方
and look over your place.
我破坏了大家的饮酒 抽烟…
I seem to be spoiling everybody’s brandy and cigars and…
和胜利的美梦
dreams of victory.
那就是你期望的…
That’s just about what you could expect…
像巴特勒所说的
from somebody like Rhett Butler.
你可以做任何事 除了让我走
You did everything but call him out.
他胆小不敢决斗
He refused to fight.
不 查尔斯 他不想占你便宜
Not quite that, Charles. He refused to take advantage of you.
占我便宜
Take advantage of me?
他是国内最好射手之一…
He’s one of the best shots in the country…
可以证明他…
as he’s proved a number of times…
远比你好
against steadier hands and cooler heads than yours.
-我要和他比试 -不要这样
-I’ll show him! -No, please.
可不要挑逗他了
Don’t go tweaking his nose anymore.
我们可需要你打重要的战呢
You may be needed for more important fighting, Charles.
对不起 巴特勒先生是客人
Now, if you’ll excuse me, Mr.Butler is our guest.
我得陪他走走
I think I’ll just show him around.
艾西利
Ashley!
艾西利
Ashley!
斯佳丽
Scarlett.
你在躲避谁呀
Who’re you hiding from in here?
你在干什么
What are you up to?
你为什么不在楼上休息
Well, why aren’t you upstairs resting with the other girls?
怎么了 斯佳丽 一个秘密
What is this, Scarlett? A secret?
艾西利 艾西利…
Oh, Ashley, Ashley…
我爱你
I love you.
斯佳丽
Scarlett!
我太爱你了
I love you, I do!
你今天打动了…
Well, isn’t it enough that you’ve gathered…
所有在场男人的心
every other man’s heart today?
你总是那么有魅力 有手段
You’ve always had mine. You cut your teeth on it.
不要这样取笑我
Oh, don’t tease me now.
我只有你 亲爱的 我爱你 我爱你
Have I your heart, my darling? I love you, I love you.
你不要这样说 你会恨我的
You mustn’t say such things. You’ll hate me for hearing them.
我永远不会恨你…
Oh, I could never hate you…
我知道你在乎我
and I know you must care about me.
你真的在乎 是吗
Oh, you do care, don’t you?
是的…
Yes…
在乎
I care.
难道你忘了我们说的话吗
Oh, can’t we go away and forget we ever said these things?
我们怎么能那样呢
But how can we do that?
你不想娶我吗
Don’t you want to marry me?
我就要和梅勒妮结婚了
I’m going to marry Melanie.
但是你不能 你如果在乎我的话
But you can’t. Not if you care for me.
亲爱的 你为什么…
Oh, my dear, why must you…
要我伤你的心呢
make me say things that will hurt you?
我如何才能使你了解呢
How can I make you understand?
你太年轻而且单纯
You’re so young and unthinking.
你不了解结婚的意义
You don’t know what marriage means.
我知道我爱你 我想嫁给你
I know I love you, and I want to be your wife.
你不爱梅勒妮的
You don’t love Melanie.
她就像是我
She’s like me, Scarlett.
是我血液的一部分…
She’s part of my blood and…
而且我们彼此了解
we understand each other.
但你是爱我的
But you love me.
我怎能爱你呢
How could I help loving you?
你有我缺少的生命的热情
You have all the passion for life that I lack.
但那种爱对于的我们 是完全不同的…
That kind of love isn’t enough for a successful marriage…
是不够的
for two people as different as we are.
你为什么那么说…
Well, why don’t you say it, you coward…
你个胆小鬼 你怕娶我
You’re afraid to marry me.
你宁愿要那小傻瓜
You’d rather live with that fool who can’t speak except…
她将为你生一些…
to say “yes” and “no” and raise a passel of…
油腔滑调的讨厌鬼
mealy-mouthed brats just like her.
你没必要那样说梅勒妮
You mustn’t say such things about Melanie.
谁说我不能那样讲
Who are you to tell me I mustn’t?
而你引诱我 使我相信你要娶我
You led me on, you made me believe you wanted to marry me.
斯佳丽 说话要公平 我从来没有…
Now, Scarlett, be fair. I never, at any time…
你是这样的 的确是的 我会恨你一辈子的
You did, it’s true you did! I’ll hate you till I die!
我想你没有比这更坏的
I can’t think of anything bad enough to call you.
战争开始了吗
Has the war started?
先生 你该让人家知道你在
Sir, you should have made your presence known.
去破坏那么美好的爱情场面吗
In the middle of that beautiful love scene?
那就不够明智了
That wouldn’t have been very tactful, would it?
但别担心 我会保守你的秘密的
But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.
先生 你不是绅士
Sir, you are no gentleman!
而你也不是淑女
And you, Miss, are no lady.