Quinine! I never would have thought of it.
真谢谢你 玛瑞太太
I can’t thank you enough, Mrs.Merriwether.
你把我的话题都岔开了 早上好
You’ve taken a great load off my mind! Good morning.
早上好 多利
Good morning, Dolly.
那不是巴特勒船长吗
Wasn’t that Captain Butler?
早上好 卡罗琳 我刚在思考一个问题
Good morning, Caroline. I was just thinking.
一个那么爱孩子的男人…
There must be a great deal of good in a man…
一定有很多好的地方
who could love a child so much.
当然有了
But of course there is!
我跟你说过 范妮·艾尔森…
Oh, did I tell you that Fanny Elsing…
曾经告诉过米笛大夫…
told Dr.Meade that Captain Butler…
巴特勒船长被…
finally admitted he was…
我们的国会表扬过…
honored by the Confederate Congress…
表扬他在弗兰克林战役中的表现
for his services at the Battle of Franklin?
不是的 我告诉过你 卡罗琳…
No! And did I tell you, Caroline…
是巴特勒船长他…
that Captain Butler…
他的大方献捐款…
made a stupendous contribution to the Association…
我是说捐给…
for the Beautification…
光荣殉难委员会
of the Graves of the Glorious Dead?

No!
我的孩子拿破仑·匹卡德…
My little grandbaby, Napoleon Picard…
下周要为宝尼开个舞会
is giving a party for Bonnie next week.
多利·玛瑞伟瑟 你知道那是我的主意…
Why, Dolly Merriwether, you know right well it was my idea…
为宝尼开舞会
to give a party for Bonnie Butler!
卡罗琳·米笛…
Why Caroline Meade…
现在看我让你的小马跳越 宝尼
Now watch Daddy put your pony over, Bonnie. Now watch.
爸爸 让我来 让我来
Daddy, let me! Let me!
好 亲爱的 帮她上去 朴克
All right, darling. Put her on, Pork!
我们上去
Up we go.
那儿
Oh, there!
我的天 瑞德又教那孩子骑马了
Lordsy mercy! There he goes again!
夹紧你的腿坐稳了…
Grip tightly with your legs and sit close…
身子向前跟它一起
Lean forward and be sure you go with him.
双手抓紧缰绳 走
Hold your reins properly in a firm hand. Up!
不错 我知道你做得到的
That was fine! I knew you’d do it!
等你长大点…
When you get a little older…
我会带你去肯塔基和弗吉尼亚
I’ll take you to Kentucky and Virginia.
你会成为南部最伟大的骑士…
You’ll be the greatest horsewoman in the South…
给爸爸一个吻
Give your daddy a kiss.
瑞德先生 瑞德先生
Mr.Rhett! Mr.Rhett!
瑞德先生
Mr.Rhett!
你看到了 她是不是很了不起
Did you see her, Mammy? Wasn’t she wonderful?
瑞德先生 我告诉过你 那样做不妥当…
Mr.Rhett, I done told you and told you it just ain’t fittin’…
不要让她飞扬着衣服骑在马背上
for a girl child to ride astraddle with her dress flyin’ up!
好的 我就教她骑横座马鞍吧
All right, Mammy. I’ll teach her to ride sidesaddle.
我要为她买♥♥一套蓝色戎布骑装
And I’ll buy her a blue velvet riding habit. She’ll love that.
小女孩该穿黑宽戎料
A nice black broadcloth is what little girls wear.
保姆 那是合适的
Now, Mammy, be reasonable.
我认为蓝色戎布不适合…
Well, I don’t think it’s fittin’, but…
那是不适合的 就是不适合
It ain’t fittin’, it just ain’t fittin’.
不适合
It ain’t fittin’.
斯佳丽
Why, Scarlett!
这个时候到城里来干什么
What are you doing downtown at this time of day?
艾西利 我…
Ashley, I just…
你怎么没帮梅勒妮…
Why aren’t you helping Melly…
准备我的庆生会
get ready for my surprise birthday party?
艾西利·威尔克斯…
Why, Ashley Wilkes…
你不该知道的
you aren’t supposed to know anything about that.
那是一个惊喜的
Melly’d be so disappointed if you weren’t surprised.
我不会告诉别人 我会是亚特兰大最吃惊的人
I won’t let on. I’ll be the most surprised man in Atlanta.
既然你在这里 那我把帐簿给你看吧…
As long as you’re here, let me show you the books…
你看看我可真是个失败的商人
so you can see just how bad a businessman I really am.
今天不看帐簿
Oh, don’t let’s fool with any books today.
当我戴着一顶新帽子时 我不会算帐的…
When I’m wearing a new bonnet, all the figures I ever knew…
我会算不清楚
go right slap out of my head.
戴着这帽子算帐…
The figures are well lost when the bonnet’s…
太漂亮了
as pretty as that one.
斯佳丽 你越来越漂亮
Scarlett, you know, you get prettier all the time.
自从那次十二橡园烤肉会…
You haven’t changed a bit since the day of…
你一点也没改变…
our last barbecue at Twelve Oaks…
我记得你在那 被情人包围着
where you sat under a tree surrounded by dozens of beaux.
那个女孩不再存在了
That girl doesn’t exist anymore.
一切变得不如我所料的 艾西利
Nothing’s turned out as I expected, Ashley.
一切
Nothing.
从那些日子以来…
Yes, we’ve travelled a long road since the old days…
我们过了一大段人生旅程了
haven’t we, Scarlett?
那些懒散的日子…
Oh, the lazy days…
那宁静的田园晨光…
the warm, still country twilights…
那黑人洪亮的笑声
the high, soft negro laughter from the quarters…
那金色安全和平静的日子
the golden warmth and security of those days.
不要回顾过去 艾西利
Don’t look back, Ashley.
不要回顾过去
Don’t look back.
那会一直关联着你的心 使你除回顾之外…
It drags at your heart till you can’t do…
不能做任何事
anything, but look back.
我不是有意使你伤感 我亲爱的
I didn’t mean to make you sad, my dear.
我从未要求你怎么样 只要你完全愉快
I’d never want you to be anything but completely happy.
艾西利
Oh, Ashley!
是谁呀
Who is it?
只是你丈夫罢了
Only your husband.
进来
Come in.
我可以进到避护所来吗
Am I actually being invited into the sanctuary?
梅勒妮的宴会你还没穿好衣服吗
You’re not ready for Melanie’s party.
我头痛 瑞德
I’ve got a headache, Rhett.
你自己去好了 帮我向梅勒妮说声抱歉
You go without me, and make my excuses to Melanie.
你真是一个胆小鬼
What a white-livered little coward you are! Get up!
你要去参加那个宴会 你就得快点
You’re going to that party and you’ll have to hurry.
-尹蒂已经把… -是的 尹蒂说了
-Has India dared to… -Yes.India has!
她把今天下午的事告诉了每个人
Every woman and man in town knows the story!
你应该把他们杀了 撒布谣言
You should kill them, spreading lies.
我才不会杀那些讲真话的人
I have a strange way of not killing people who tell the truth.
没时间争吵了 快起来
There’s no time to argue now. Get up!
我不去 在这误解澄清之前我不会去的
I won’t go! I can’t go until this misunderstanding is cleared up.
你不要欺骗于梅勒妮…
You won’t cheat Miss Melly out of the satisfaction of publicly…
赶你出去的满足感
ordering you out of her house.
并没有什么错 尹蒂那么恨我
There was nothing wrong. India hates me so.
我不能去 瑞德 我没法面对
I can’t go, Rhett. I couldn’t face it.
如果你不面对他们…
If you don’t show it tonight…
你就永远都不能了
you’ll never be able to as long as you live.
而你不能破坏了…
While that wouldn’t bother me…
宝尼做人的机会
you’re ruining Bonnie’s chances.
你得去参加宴会…
You’re going to that party…
现在给我穿好衣服
if only for her sake.Now, get dressed!
在这种场合…
Wear that…
不适合穿素色衣服
Nothing modest or matronly will do for this occasion.
而且要多涂口红…
And put on plenty of rouge…
以符合你的角色
I want you to look your part tonight.
他是欢快的家伙 他是欢快的家伙
For he’s a jolly good fellow. For he’s a jolly good fellow.
他是欢快的家伙 没有人可以否认
For he’s a jolly good fellow. Which nobody can deny.
没有人可以否认 没有人可以否认
Which nobody can deny. Which nobody can deny.
他是欢快的家伙…
For he’s a jolly good fellow…
-再见 斯佳丽 -但瑞德 你不能…
-Good night, Scarlett. -But Rhett, you can’t…
你自己进那斗技场吧 狮子们正饿的很
You go into the arena alone. The lions are hungry for you.
瑞德 别离开我 别走
Oh, Rhett, don’t leave me. Don’t.
你不害怕吗
You’re not afraid?
没有人可以否认 没有人可以否认
Which nobody can deny. Which nobody can deny.
他是欢快的家伙 他是欢快的家伙
For he’s a jolly good fellow. For he’s a jolly good fellow.
他是欢快的家伙 没有人可以否认
For he’s a jolly good fellow. Which nobody can deny.
好漂亮的衣服呀 亲爱的斯佳丽
What a lovely dress, Scarlett, darling.
尹蒂今晚不能来
India wasn’t able to come tonight.
你当个好人好吗
Will you be an angel?
我需要你帮忙招待我的客人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!