对吧 尼克
Right, Nick?
是的 确实如此
Yeah, definitely.
我们有过活生生的例子
And we’ve had instances.
-这事变得有点… -吓人
– Where things got… – scary.
你知道德西·柯林斯吗
Do you know about Desi Collings?
是的 德西·柯林斯的事我都知道
Yeah, I know all about Desi Collings.
他对艾米很着迷
He was obsessed.
高二那年艾米和他分手后还自杀过
He attempted suicide after Amy broke up with him sophomore year.
我们不得不申请了禁令
We had to file a restraining order.
这是高中的事了吧 二十年前
This would be high school? Twenty years ago?
但他最近搬到圣路易斯 离这只有两小时
But he recently moved to St. Louis. That’s just two hours away.
不过 他家就是圣路易斯的
To be fair, he is from St. Louis.
还有汤米·欧哈拉
We also have Tommy O’Hara.
这个只是八年前 在纽约
This is only eight years ago, in New York.
他俩分手以后 他就变得很暴♥力♥
She broke up with him, he got very physical.
-她起诉了 -罪名是什么
– She filed charges. – What was the charge?
性侵 恐吓 殴打还是什么
Sexual assault, threat, battery, what?
我只知道情况很糟糕
I only know it was bad.
-这事我怎么不知道 -好吧
– I didn’t know this. – Okay.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
还有最近的吗
Anything more recent?
据我所知没有了
Not that I know of.
尼克 有时间吗
Hey, Nick? You got a minute?
有
Yeah.
想想我们得多迷惑
Imagine our confusion.
在一起人口失踪案里
A missing persons case.
却在妻子的衣帽间
And in your wife’s dressing room,
发现了一封写有”线索”两个字的信封
we find an envelope marked “Clue.”
那是为我们的结婚纪念日准备的
That’s for our anniversary.
我老婆喜欢寻宝游戏
My wife does these treasure hunts.
我希望你能告诉我们这是什么意思
I’m hoping you can tell me what this means.
你想玩艾米的寻宝游戏
You want to solve Amy’s treasure hunt?
这有助于我们了解艾米失踪前的动向
It’ll help me track Amy’s movements before she disappeared.
当然 可以
Of course. Okay.
“尽管空间狭窄
“Although this spot couldn’t be tighter,
“却是我最爱作家的温床
“It’s a cozy room for my favorite writer.”
这个我知道
I know this one!
尽管空间狭窄
Although this spot couldn’t be any tighter,
却是我最爱作家的温床
It’s a cozy room for my favorite writer.
下课铃响 我来找你
After-school meeting, don’t mind if I do.
看你这个老师合不合我心意
Maybe I’ll teach you a thing or two.
这个上面写了什么
Well, well. What does it say?
线索二
Clue two.
“帅哥 我们来玩间谍游戏吧
“Hey, handsome man, let’s go undercover.
“你来演间谍 我来当情人
“You’ll be the spy, and I’ll be his lover.
“我们携手并肩
“Let’s head on over.
“去往那间棕色小屋
“To the little brown house.
“一起扮演热辣亲密的夫妻 甜蜜相爱的伴侣
“We’ll play hot, doting husband, sweet, loving spouse.”
这是你的吗
These yours?
不是
No.
不过你也看过第一条线索
But you read the first clue.
好色的教授 淫♥荡♥的学生
Randy Professor, naughty student.
我脸都红了
I blush.
我和我前任只送过卡片
Me and my ex just swapped cards.
这个棕色小屋在哪儿
Where’s this little brown house?
我不知道
I have no idea.
寻找艾米
请拨18854
艾米·邓恩
帮助找寻
你好
Hello?
我是尼古拉斯·邓恩
Nicholas Dunne.
这房♥子登记在我父亲威廉·邓恩名下
Under my father’s name, William Dunne.
我妻子的第一只宠物 这有必要吗
My wife’s first pet? Is this necessary?
能不能把警报…
Can you just turn the bell…
我知道
yeah, I know.
是”小邋遢”吗 还是”贵宾犬”
It’s “Puddles”, right? Or is it “Poodles”?
没事了
We’re good.
你好啊 陌生人
Hello, stranger.
没想到能在这遇到你
Fancy meeting you here.
这是你♥爸♥爸的屋子吧
It’s your dad’s house, right?
你在跟踪我吗
Are you following me?
你来这干什么
What you doing?
如你所说 这是我爸的屋子
Like you said, it’s my dad’s house.
我每周都会来看一眼 防止失火什么的
I come by once a week, make sure the place hasn’t burned down.
看来今天还好
But it looks okay.
我送你出去吧
I’ll walk you out.
我还觉得这就是所谓的棕色小屋了
You know, I thought maybe this was the little brown house.
线索里提到的那栋
From the clue.
不可能 明明是蓝色
Nope. Still blue.
想象我是个很坏很坏的女孩
Picture me, I’m a girl who’s very, very bad.
我必须受到惩罚 被人愉快地惩罚
I need to be punished, and by “Punished,” I mean “Had.”
有人在那里为结婚五周年藏起了好东西
It’s where you keep goodies for anniversary five.
“快开门 打起精神
“So open the door, and look alive.”
贱♥货♥
Bitch!
2010年7月18日
想找到你婚姻的软肋吗
Want to test your marriage for weak spots?
只需加一场经济萧条
Add one recession.
再减去两份工作
Subtract two jobs.
出奇地有效
It’s surprisingly effective.
答应我永远别像他们一样
Promise me we’ll never be like them.
像谁一样
Like who?
那些失败的夫妻
All those awful couples we know.
妻子把丈夫当成马戏团的猴子
Those wives who treat their men like dancing monkeys.
训着管着还得带出去给人看
To be trained and paraded.
丈夫眼中妻子就跟公路巡警似的
Husbands who treat their wives like the highway patrol.
怕着躲着还得时刻算计着
To be out-foxed and avoided.
我快被炒鱿鱼了
I think I’m gonna be laid off.
现在经济是在衰退
We’re in a recession.
不过不管怎么样 总有办法
If it happens, we’ll deal with it.
我可能也会失业
I’ll probably be next.
但我们拥有彼此
We have each other.
别的都是身外之物
Everything else is background noise.
你真是独一无二
You are exceptional.
到我说了
My turn.
我父母的出版商接触了合约
My parents’ publisher dropped them,
他们现在债台高筑
and they’re in debt up to their ears.
真糟糕
That’s terrible.
他们得从我的信托基金里拿钱还债
And they need to borrow from my trust fund.
花了多少
How much?
差不多一百万
Almost a million.
那不是要用完了吗
That’s almost all of it.
所以轮到你说”别的都是身外之物”了
This is where you say, “Everything else is background noise.”
艾米 要是你失业了
Amy, if you’re laid off.
我也失业了
And I’m laid off.
我已经决定好了
I said I’d do it.
都不和我商量一下吗
Without talking to me?
-其实… -你说了算
– Well, it’s… – Your call.
这本来就是他们的钱
Their money, technically.
你说得对
You know what? You’re right.
别的都是身外之物
Everything else is just background noise.
还买♥♥游戏
More games?
没错 满足一下开枪杀人的欲望
Yeah, I just wanted to shoot some folks.
那买♥♥这手提电脑干什么
What’s the laptop for?
用
Laptoping.
我算明白了
I see.
你能在不和我商量的前提下
You can give your parents $879,000
借你父母八十八万还债
without talking to me,
而我未经你允许买♥♥款游戏就犯了天条了
but God forbid I buy a video game without getting your permission.
你买♥♥的太多了
You are spending a lot.
你不相信我 你不相信我的判断
You don’t trust me. You don’t trust my judgment.
甚至怀疑我的动机
You certainly don’t trust my intention.
你在胡扯什么