迈克·阿科斯塔是我的朋友和合伙人
Mike-Mike Acosta was my friend and, uh, my partner.

Um…
他背叛了我
and he-he betrayed me.
我知道身为瓦肖矿业公♥司♥总栽
I-I know as CEO of Washoe Mining
我有责任知道
it’s my responsibility to know
发生的一切可我不知道
everything that’s going on, and I… I didn’t.
这不是借口
It’s not an excuse.
我真诚地向大家道歉
All right? I sincerely apologize
任何在投资中遭受损失的人
to everybody and anybody that lost on their investments.
迈克
Come on, Mike.
快回来吧
Mikey, come on in, man.
好吗
All right?
这是怎么回事
What happened, huh?
霍华德 – 我在电视上看到了你
Howard. – I saw you on TV.
我能和你谈一会吗 – 抱歉
Hey, man, can I talk to you for a minute, please? – No.
我只想知道我的钱去了哪里
Look, I just want to know where my money went.
拜托 我一无所知 – 威尔斯先生
Come on! Don’t know anything about it, okay? – Mr. Wells,
威尔斯先生 你什么时候退房♥
Mr. Wells, exactly when will you be departing?
一两天后吧 我会告诉你的
Uh, later. A few days or so. I’ll let you know.
我只想谈谈你的账单 – 我等会下来
We just need to talk about your bill, sir. – I’ll be down.
把这事解决
We’ll settle it up.
我需要律师吗
Do I need a lawyer?
你需要吗
Do you need a lawyer?
这就对了
Right answer.
你是怎么见到迈克·阿科斯塔的
How’d you meet Michael Acosta?
第一次还是第二次?
The, uh, first time or the second time?
你怎么见到他的 威尔斯
How’d you meet him, Wells?
当时是一九八八年四月
It was April… of ’88.
那时我♥干♥劲很足
Yeah, I was on the balls of my ass.
瞎忙活
Scrambling.
虽然对我来说并非未知的领域
Not exactly uncharted waters for me, but…
我陷得很深
I was in deep.
我想你不大可能
I think it’s pretty unlikely
再次见到你的合伙人了
we’ll ever see your partner again.
为何这么说 – 很多有权有势的人
What are you talking about? – A lot of very powerful people
都对迈克·阿科斯塔很愤怒
are very angry at Michael Acosta.
发生了什么
Well, what happened?
发生了什么?
What happened?
一百七十亿美元的价值一夜之间消失
$17 billion of value disappeared overnight.
迈克·阿科斯塔在楼下的舞厅
Mike Acosta waves good-bye to you
中与你道别乘坐包机
in the ballroom downstairs and goes back to Indonesia
带着瓦肖基金返回了印尼
on a jet chartered with Washoe funds.
然后他失踪了
And then he does a disappearing act.
但这事你知道
But this you know.
他先是被内政部长禁止进入
First, he’s locked out of the assay lab in Kalimantan
加里曼丹的化验室
by the minister of the interior.
于是他回到雅加达 – 阿科斯塔先生
So he goes back to Jakarta… – Mr. Acosta,
请跟我走一趟
please walk with with me.
他在机场
Where he’s immediately detained
立刻被印尼军方拘留
by the Indonesian military.
他们控制了他
And they hold him
试图重现瓦肖公♥司♥声称的
while they try to reproduce for themselves
样品化验结果
the lab results claimed by Washoe.
当然 他们无法做到
Which, of course, they are unable to do.
在这时
Now, at this point,
他要么正被转移到监狱关押
either he’s being transferred to an actual prison, or…
要么他贿赂了某个官员
he’s bribed one of the officers.
反正
Either way,
他上了一架军用直升机
he’s on a military helicopter.
向北飞行大致沿着Kensana
They fly north, loosely tracking the Kensana River.
一千英尺的高空在Kensana上方
A thousand feet up, over the Kensana…
迈克·阿科斯塔一头摔了下去
Mike Acosta takes a header.
不可能
No way.
绝不可能
No fucking way.
这要么是他装死
He either faked it,
要么是他花钱请人
or he paid to have this-this bullshit story
把这件事报道出来
you’re telling put out.
一点六♥四♥亿美元在印尼能办成很多事情
$16♥4♥ million goes a long way in Indonesia.
他们发现了一具尸体
They found a body.
手和脸被吃掉了
Hands and face were eaten away,
可能是野猪
probably by wild pigs.
你确定是他吗
Sure this is him?
我什么都不确定
I’m not sure of anything…
只知道迈克·阿科斯塔用滤水器换取河金
except Mike Acosta traded water filters for river gold.
但现在印尼政♥府♥
But now the Indonesian government
对这件事
have gone unusually quiet
异常的保持沉默
on the subject.
做过一次尸体解剖
There was an autopsy
证实了死者的身份
corroborating the identity of the body.
他们然后封了报告
They then sealed the report…
火化了遗体
cremated the remains.
有意思的是 你的朋友丹尼·苏哈托
Interestingly, Danny Suharto, your friend…
也抛售了很多股票
dumped a lot of stock as well.
所以现在苏哈托家族更富有了
So the Suhartos are even richer now.
迈克·阿科斯塔表面上己经死了下葬了
Mike Acosta is ostensibly dead and buried, and…
一点六♥四♥亿美元依然下落不明
$16♥4♥ million is still missing.
如今我剩下的
And the only question…
唯一的问题是
I’m left with is…
这事你是否参与其中
whether or not you were in on it.

I…
我不信 – 不信什么
I can’t believe it. – Can’t believe what?
这一行业
No, look, th-this business…
几年前就把迈克淘汰了
had written Mike off years ago, all right?
说他的理论是一佗屎
They called his theories crap.
不过
But…
这不可能
there’s no way.
他不可能
He wouldn’t, he fucking couldn’t
希望身后是这样的名声
let this be the last word on him.
这不可能 – 你指的是阿科斯塔还是你自己
No fucking way. – You talking about Acosta or yourself?
听着 我们当时钱快花光了
All right, look. We-we-we were running out of money, right?
疟疾也让我奄奄一息了
And I was practically dying from malaria.
我把我名下最后的钱都给了迈克
I gave Mike the last dollar to my name.
让他对我做个承诺我说:迈克
And I made him promise me something, I said, “Mike…
别让我一无所获的死去
don’t let me die out here for nothing.”
几周后我苏醒过来
A few weeks later, I came to, and…
迈克就在旁边
Mike was there.
他说:
He said, “We got…
我们找到了肯尼
“we got a strike, Kenny.
我们找到了金矿
We got a goddamn gold mine.”
他不可能是为了欺骗所有人
And th-there’s no way that he set out to swindle anyone.
他只是多需要点时问
He just needed to buy a little more time.
他不想让我失望
And he didn’t want to let me down.
你撒谎 – 莱文 坐下
You’re fuckin’ lyin’. – Levine, sit down!
你想谈谈真♥相♥吗
You want to talk about the truth?
好吧我们谈谈真♥相♥
All right, let’s talk about the truth.
唯一的真♥相♥是 只要能发财
The only truth here is, when everybody’s getting rich,
没人在乎真♥相♥是什么
nobody gives a shit about the truth.
拜托人们只需要仔细看看
Come the fuck on. All anyone had to do was look,
睁开眼看看
open their eyes.
样品中的金子是错的金矿储量又过于巨大
Man, the-the gold was wrong, the find was too good.
有太多的疑点
There were red flags everywhere.
为什么没人仔细看
Why did no one look?
因为没人想知道
‘Cause no one wanted to fucking know.
我们都愿意相信
We all wanted to believe.
你 我 所有人 为什么呢
Me, you, fucking everybody. Why?
因为我们都能发大财
Because we were all making so much fucking money, man.
这就是真♥相♥
That’s the truth.
千百年来一直如此
That’s been going on for fucking centuries!

Oh, fuck…
你知道迈克·阿科斯塔
Were you aware Mike Acosta was salting

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!