Mrs. Carmody will bring you something.
不 不 我不饿…
No. I’m not a bit hungry. I’ll…
好啦 神父 别客气了
Come on now, Father, just a wee snack.
我还给你热在炉子上呢
I’ve been keeping it for you on the stove.
是啊 香喷喷的嫩牛肉 水果布丁…
Nice juicy cut of roast beef, Yorkshire pudding…
炖洋葱
and there were some creamed onions, too.
还有一点小圆面包
And some asparagus with buttered breadcrumbs.
烤的金黄的土豆和热腾腾的咖啡
And golden brown potatoes and a nice cup of coffee.
要是你们坚持…
Well, if you insist…
我就一样来一小点
just a small portion of everything.
希望没给你带来太多的麻烦 科米狄太太
I hope it wasn’t too much trouble for you, Mrs. Carmody.
一点也不麻烦
No trouble at all, Father.
要是你不反对 我帮你洗盘子?
I feel I ought to help with the dishes.
别为这些盘子操心了
Don’t worry about the dishes.
我一会儿就能把它们洗完
It isn’t much washing they’ll be needing.
神父 你的手还很凉
You’re still a little cold, Father.
一定是湿透了
You were drenched to the skin.
你得喝点可以暖身子的东西
You ought to take a little something to warm you up.
你有没有那个东西?
Do you have a wee drop of the “crature” about?
跟你说实话
Matter of fact,
本来我是有的 可今晚喝光了
I might have a little one with you. I was out myself tonight.
下次我可以还你
I went out for a paper.
在一个小盒子里 …
Well, in that case…
我去问下科米狄太太
I’ll ask Mrs. Carmody where she keeps it.
不用 你到书柜下面找一找
No. Look yonder in the bookcase.
左边 下面 下面
No, the other side. Now down.
就放在《戈赖特将军传》的后面
You’ll find it behind The Life of General Grant.
是摇篮曲?
A bit of old Ireland?
是的 自从我离开家
Yes. Every Christmas since I left,
我母亲每年都送我这样一个盒子
my old mother sends me one of these.
虽然送到我手里的时间有早有晚
With a degree of abstinence, it becomes me calendar.
可总是会赶在圣诞节以前到来
I get a little behind during Lent,
让我想起她老人家的关怀
but it comes out even at Christmas.
那是我母亲
That’s me mother.
她很美
She’s very beautiful.
照片是好多年前拍的
Of course that was taken some time ago.
她今年90岁了
She’s 90 now.
那为你母亲干杯
Let’s drink to your mother.
希望早日见到她
Hope you’ll be seeing her soon, Father.
你的母亲呢?
What about your mother?
我记得不太清了
I don’t remember much about her.
她去世的时候 我还很小
She died when I was quite young.
我们为两位母亲来干一杯
Let’s drink to the two of them, anyway.
好的 神父
Thank you, Father.
知道吗?奥米利神父…
You know, Father O’Malley…
我总有个计划 我想存下一笔钱…
I always planned that as soon as I got a few dollars ahead…
就可以回到我的故乡 看我年迈的母亲了
I’d go back to the old country and see my mother.
你相信吗?一晃45年了…
Now, would you believe it, that was 45 years ago…
每当我存下一笔钱的时候…
and every time I get a few dollars ahead…
就总觉得有人比你更需要那笔钱
There’s always somebody that seems to need it more than you do.
我很爱我的母亲 她也会喜欢你的
You’d like her. She’d like you, too.
她有一颗快乐的心
She always had a song in her heart.
我现在就能听见她在唱歌♥
I can almost hear her now.
你会唱这首摇篮曲吗?
Me boy, do you know Too Ra Loo Ra Loo?
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Too-ra-loo-ra-li
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Hush now, don’t you cry
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Too-ra-loo-ra-li
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
That’s an Irish lullaby
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
晚安
Good night.
不要着急 孩子们
Take it easy, boys.
托尼 这是车票钱
Here, Tony, here’s the fare.
路上要当心 要赶快回家睡觉
Everybody right home and to bed. Get a lot of rest.
我要为你们负责
I’m responsible for you.
别忘了明天上午的排练
Don’t forget we got a rehearsal in the morning.
你不和我们一起回去吗?
Aren’t you coming with us?
不啦 我要走回去
No, I think I’ll walk home.
想想下次布道要讲什么
I want to think about my sermon for Sunday.
是专门对你们父母讲的 – 那就好
It’ll be extra special for your parents. – Oh, good.
如何教育孩子
On how to bring up children.
神父 真有你的
Father! Good luck to you!
查克
Chuck.
珍妮 – 查克 见到你真高兴
Jenny! – Chuck, it’s good to see you.
我也很高兴
It’s good to see you, too.
你要去哪儿?
Where were you going, Jenny?
我要去上班 我快迟到了
To work, and I’m late. Come along.
你来这干吗 这是大都会歌♥剧院
What are you doing here? This is the Metropolitan.
我就在这儿上班
This is where I work.
等一等 这不是要演卡门吗?
Wait a minute. Isn’t that Carmen?
你演什么?斗牛场上的群众演员是吧
What do you play, one of the spectators at the bullfight?
信不信由你 我演卡门
Believe it or not, I’m Carmen.
珍妮考尔夫演卡门
Jenny Tuffle, Carmen?
我已经改名叫珍妮林顿
I’ve changed that. It’s Genevieve Linden.
我在纽约演出的时候 他们听了一次
I was singing Carmen in Rio and they heard me and said:
问我愿不愿意到这里演出
Would you sing it here? Here. Can you imagine?
珍妮考尔夫在大都会歌♥剧院 – 是的
Jenny Tuffle at the Metropolitan. – Imagine that.
查克 你随便点
Well, Chuck, make yourself comfortable.
我要去化妆了
I have to be getting on with it.
很高兴能够见到你
It’s good to see you, Chuck.
快点 埃塞 我来得太晚了
Come on, Effie, I’m terribly late.
我真不明白 我为什么还要理睬你
I don’t know why I’m even talking to you.
是吗?- 你干吗不给我写信
No? – Why didn’t you write?
我写了 – 我知道你写了 可后来没写
I did write. – I know you did, but why did you stop?
我没告诉过你吗?
Didn’t I tell you?
你没告诉过我 不过现在可以说了
No, you didn’t, but you’re going to.
珍妮 我想请你帮我一个小忙
Jenny? Please, I want to ask you just a small favour.
汤米 什么忙啊
Hello, Tommy. What is it?
今天晚上能不能请你
Tonight, would you be so good as to
看一看我的指挥棒?
glance occasionally at my baton?
我们能不能互相配合一下
Tonight, let’s not race.
把节奏搞得更准确一点
Let’s try just for once to finish together?
好吧 汤米 我答应你
All right, Tommy, I promise.
不过 汤米 你也得帮我个忙
And, Tommy, do me a favour.
去认识一下查克.奥米利
Meet Chuck O’Malley.
他是我的一个老朋友
He’s a very old friend of mine.
查克 这位是汤米.特马托先生
Chuck, Signor Tommaso Bozanni.
你好 查克?
Father. “Chuck”?
噢 她一直这么叫我
She always calls me that.
你一直还没告诉我 查克
You haven’t told me yet, Chuck.
你为什么不给我写信?
Why did you stop writing?
我告诉过你了 在最后一封信里
I did tell you in my last letter.
那是哪封信啊
Which letter was that?
这么说 你没收到那封信?
I guess that must have been the letter you didn’t get.
你的信寄到了罗马 佛罗伦萨…
You wrote to me in Rome, in Florence…
那不勒斯 维也纳 布达佩斯
Naples, Vienna, Budapest.
后来 我就去了瑞士
Then I went to Switzerland,
发现你的一封信在洛桑等着我
and I found your letter waiting for me in Lucerne.
你真应该在那 查克
You should have been there, Chuck.
那是圣诞节前的一个星期
It was a week before Christmas
我去了一家小邮局
and there was a quaint little post office.
我是踩着雪去的
I walked up to it in the snow.
我借着明亮的月光看戏
The moon was so bright that I read your letter on the way home.
可说也真怪
And I answered it that night.
那也是我收到你的最后一封信
But that letter in Lucerne was the last one I got.
后来 我就去了南美
From there I went to South America.
再也没有收到过你的信了
But there were no more letters.
出了什么事了 查克?
What happened, Chuck?
查克 出了什么…
Chuck, what…
查克神父
Father Chuck.
我一下子还不太习惯
It’ll take me a little while to get used to that.
你的教堂在哪儿 神父?
Where’s your parish, Father?