Everybody together now. You got your notes?
大家唱好了合唱就成 好了
We hit them all together and we got a nice chord. Ready?
准备好了吗?每人深吸一口气
Everybody take a deep breath now.
一起来
Let’s hear it.
我们有了第一合音
You got chord number one,
第二合音 和第三合音
chord number two, chord number three.
我们合在一起就能唱歌♥了
Put those chords together and we can sing a song.
我伸出手指时 就是给大家的信♥号♥♥
I’ll hold up the fingers, they’ll be your signals. Watch the signals.
大家注意了 我会给你们不同的信♥号♥♥
Make out I’m the catcher. I’m giving you the signals.
就这样 一二三
One, two, three.
注意了 我起音了
Ready? Here’s your note now.
Silent night
Holy night
All is calm
All is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace
好 唱的很好 孩子们 谢谢大家
That’s fine, boys. Thanks very much.
我看今天就到这吧
Want to call it a day?
天还没黑 我看还可以玩会儿棒球
There’s still enough light outside for some baseball.
再唱一会儿吧 – 是啊 再唱一会儿吧
Let’s sing some more. – Yeah, let’s go ahead.
求求你了 求求你了 再唱一会儿吧
Yeah, come on! Let’s sing some more.
你见到主教了?- 见到了
You saw the Bishop, Father? – Yeah.
能不能请你叫奥米利神父
Would you ask Father O’Malley
到我的书房♥来一下
if he’d mind stepping into me study?
是你找我 神父?- 是的 是的 来
You wanted to see me, Father?- Yes, so I did.
请坐
Sit down.
奥米利神父 我去见主教了
Father O’Malley, I’ve been to see the Bishop.
是吗?
Oh, you have?
我不想隐瞒什么
And I want to be frank with you.
我承认去见主教的目的就是…
I must admit that my purpose in going to see the Bishop…
要他把你调走
was to have you transferred.
我很抱歉 你不喜欢我
I’m sorry you don’t like me, Father.
我没有不喜欢谁 我只是不赞成你的做法
I don’t dislike anyone. It’s just that I disagree with you.
主教怎么说?
What did the Bishop say?
我们刚说了几句 他就祝贺…
After a little talk, he congratulated me…
我为圣多米尼可服务了45年
on me 45 years at St. Dominic’s.
他的记性可真好
He has a remarkable memory.
他说我在…
He said it was a monument…
我在这的一切 都不会被人遗忘的
to the fact that I had built it.
主教大人这么说 是很大的荣誉啊
Coming from the Bishop, that’s certainly a fine compliment.
然后我和他谈起了你
Then I told him I had come to talk about you.
他好像有点不安
That seemed to disturb him.
接着他就告诉我 你是多么能干
Then he started telling me about what a fine young man you are.
多么负责 多么有进取心 他对你寄予很大的希望
Capable, progressive, how much confidence he had in you.
他甚至还说…
He even told me that…
在你向我报到之前 他就和你谈了很久
he had a nice talk with you before you reported to me.
不过 他没告诉我你们谈了些什么
Of course, he didn’t tell me what you two talked about.
其实也不必告诉我
He didn’t have to.
因为我能从他的双眼看出来
I could see it in the good man’s eyes.
我毕竟那么大年纪了
When you get to my age,
我能够明白事理就是了
you can do that, you know. Oh, yes.
当他再次告诉我 你是多么有进取心时
Then, after a little more telling me how progressive you were…
他的意思就很明确了
he asked me why I’d come.
我明白他心里的话
And knowing what was on his mind
知道他是为了避免尴尬…
and to save him the embarrassment…
而没有亲口说出来…
of having to tell me…
他是个好主教
The Bishop.
他谁都不想伤害
The Bishop wouldn’t hurt anyone.
于是我就
I put him at his ease.
我说:主教大人
Bishop, I said…
我来这儿的目的
the very thing that’s on your mind is on mine.
我想你已经明白了.
It’s the very thing I’ve come to see you about.
我希望你让年轻的奥米利神父
I want you to put young Father O’Malley…
主持圣多米尼可教堂
in charge of St. Dominic’s.”
主教听后如释重负
The Bishop seemed much relieved.
他祝贺我在…
He congratulated me on my ability to see…
这样年迈的时刻还是这样的明白事理…
so clearly at my age…
他说 他钦佩我面对现实的勇气
on my ability to face the inevitable.
后来呢?
Then what happened?
就这些
That was all.
神父 我们为什么不能像以前一样呢?
Father, why can’t we go along just as we have been?
不 现在是你负责
No. You’re in charge now.
坐吧
Sit down.
不 我不能
No, Father.
请坐 我把帐目交给你…
Sit down. I’ll familiarise you with…
不用着急 等一等再说
There’s no hurry about it. We can do that anytime, Father.
那你现在还有什么事要我做的吗?
Is there anything you’d like me to do. I mean, now?
没有
Nothing.
呃 那么…
Well, then…
要是你不介意的话 晚饭前我想睡一会儿
if you don’t mind, I’ll lie down a while before dinner.
去吧
All right, Father.
主教和你谈话时…
When you and the Bishop had your little talk…
内容差不多是一样的吧 对吗?
it was more or less along those lines, wasn’t it?
是的
Yes.
我看你还是先吃吧
I think you better start without him.
他大概不会下来了
Looks like he’s not coming down for dinner.
他说他想先睡一会儿
He said he wanted to take a little nap.
他的脸色好像不大好 是不是?
He didn’t look well, did he, when he came in this evening?
你看他是否醒了 要是他下来我就等
Go see if he’s awake. If he’s coming down, I’ll wait for him.
奥米利神父
Father O’Malley!
奥米利神父
Father O’Malley!
奥米利神父 他走了
Father! He’s gone.
他把他的东西都带走了 他走了
He’s packed his things, everything. He’s gone.
他会去哪儿?- 我也不知道
Where would he go? – I can’t imagine.
好的 请你们注意一下
Okay, sure, but keep at it, will you?
你们不会看错的 个子不高 是个老头
No, you can’t miss him. A little guy. Old.
大概带一把雨伞
Got a grip and an umbrella.
好吧
Okay.
还没消息 神父
Nothing yet, Father.
他们正在医院和地铁查找
They’re gonna check the subways, the hospitals.
我说神父 别那么担心 好吗?
Look, Father, take it easy, will you?
你先回去 这样大家都淋湿了
You better go home. No use the two of us getting drowned.
好吧 不过一有消息马上通知我
Call me the minute you hear anything.
不管多晚 我会的
I don’t care what time it is. I will.
要不要煮点咖啡
Shall I make some coffee?
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
进去啊 你又怎么了?
Come on. Now what’s the matter?
要是你不介意 我想一个人进去
If you don’t mind it, I’d rather go in by myself.
既然是我找到你的 我有义务送你进去
If you don’t mind, I found you and I’ll deliver you personally.
真没必要
That’s not necessary.
没有报酬?
There’s no reward, you know.
我完全可以自己向…
It’s going to be a little difficult…
奥米利神父作出解释
and I’d rather explain to Father O’Malley in me own way.
要是你不在场 我可能解释的更好一点
And I can do that better when you’re not around.
好吧 不过我还是劝你一句…
Okay. But if you want my advice…
你就告诉他你是个坏孩子
you just tell him you’ve been a bad boy,
离家出走了 现在很抱歉
you ran away from home and you’re sorry.
我也要劝你一句 礼拜天你要告诉他…
And if you want my advice, you’ll go to church on Sunday…
你有十年没做礼拜了 现在很抱歉
and say you haven’t been to Mass in 10 years and that you’re sorry.
你们好
Hello.
要是你们不介意 我回来了 只是临时回来一下
If you don’t mind, I’ve come back, but only temporarily.
在调令到来之前…
Until me plans are more formulated…
也许你不介意我再住一阵子吧?
maybe you wouldn’t mind letting me stay.
我不会给你们添麻烦的
I’ll be no bother to you.
好啦 神父
Here, Father.
快把湿衣服脱了 上♥床♥去吧
Let’s get out of these wet clothes and get you up to bed.
可我不去原来的房♥间 现在归你了
But I don’t expect me old room. That’s yours now.
不 我不能 那是你的房♥间
I haven’t moved in there yet. I insist. That’s your room.
我就睡沙发上
I’ll sleep on a cot anywhere.
我不会麻烦你们要吃东西的 我不饿
I’ll not even be bothering you for me food. I’ll eat out.
这件事我们以后在谈
We’ll talk later.
科米狄太太会给你端吃的上去