大家好
Hi, fellas.
你从哪儿弄来这身衣服
Where’d you get the outfit?
冈布朗斯
It’s the St. Louis Browns.
我从前是他们队的
I told you I used to work out with them.
他们认为我可以给他们带来好运
They thought I brought them luck.
所以给了我礼物
When I left, they gave it to me.
你也想给我们带来好运 对吧
That’s the outfit to wear in a cellar.
啊 你说得点子上了
Oh, you, knocking my team.
你们大家知道我为什么把你们叫到这儿来吗?
I guess you fellas wonder why I asked you down here.
神父 我有话跟你说 可以吗?
Father, I want to talk to you a minute. Can I ?
当然可以 – 就一会儿
Wanna see me? – Just a minute.
对不起 孩子们
Pardon me, boys.
有什么事 托尼?
Tony, what’s on your mind?
神父
Well, Father,
请你不要把我们的事说出去 好吗?
so you won’t have no beef coming, I’m laying it on the line, okay?
当然可以
Okay.
好的 神父 我已经让他们听话了
Okay. They’re here. Like I promised.
所以你只管好好调♥教♥他们
Only, you should have heard them squawk.
比火鸡的事还严重 是吗?
Worse than that turkey. They did?
我用老一套的办法治住了他们
Yeah, they figured being a priest…
所以现在他们听我的
you were gonna slip them the old routine.
我自己倒不在乎 可我不能让你丢脸
Personally, I’m for giving you a break. What I say goes.
谢谢 – 不用谢
Swell of you, Tony. – It ain’t nothing, Father.
我只希望一件事情 神父
Only, the way it is now, I’m on the hook for you, see?
你要让我负责来管他们 明白吗?
I’m responsible for you. Get me?
我不会让你失望的
I won’t let you down.
也许你不会 可是如果你出面阻拦我一次…
Maybe you won’t, but you step out of line once…
以后我就再也管不住他们了
me and the gang will drop you like you were a hot potato.
我们可以过去了吗?- 当然 走吧
Okay. Can I talk to them now? – Sure, go ahead.
孩子们 我不想多说
Boys, I’m not gonna do much talking.
正如托尼所说的 我现在压力很大
Like Tony says, I’m gonna lay it right on the line.
所以希望大家帮我个忙
I asked you down here to do me a favour.
圣多米尼可教堂需要一个唱诗班
St. Dominic’s needs a choir, and I want to start one.
我知道大家在想什么
I know what you’re thinking,
但这次不同了
but it’s not gonna be that way at all.
会很好玩儿
It’s gonna be fun.
相信我 我和大家一样喜欢玩儿
Believe me, I like fun as much as anybody.
要是你们觉得不是这样…
If it doesn’t turn out that way…
觉得唱诗班不好玩…
if you think I’m trying to slip something over on you…
你们可以像托尼那样 就拿我出气好啦
like Tony says, you can drop me “like a hot potato.”
怎么样 大家考虑考虑?
What do you say? You gonna give me a break?
这很难说 神父 什么歌♥?
Father, that depends. What is it?
你们中间谁会唱三只老鼠
How many of you here know Three Blind Mice?
我会 – 一个 两个 还有吗?
I know it. One, two. – Any more?
得了得了 – 大家都会吧
Come on, you all know it. – Everybody knows it?
都会 – 很好
Sure. – Fine.
他这是怎么了?
What’s the matter with him?
霍尔曼 他在撅嘴
Herman? He’s pouting.
嘿 霍尔曼
Hey, Herman!
他的低音很漂亮 你要他吗?
He’s got a good bass voice. You want him?
当然要了
Certainly, Tony.
他是你的了
You’ve got him, Father.
好 我们来分一分声部
Now, let’s see, we got to divide this up someway.
霍尔曼 你站住
Hey, Herman, wait a minute.
神父要见你
The Father wants to see you.
我不想见他…
I don’t wanna see the Father…
小声点 小声点
Keep quiet, will you, please?
你别打我的脸 好不好?
Don’t hit me on the head. You make me dopey!
听我说 你听我说
You are dopey. Now keep quiet. Come here.
神父他要一个唱低音的
Look, he wants a bass singer.
我不是唱低音的
I ain’t a bass singer!
你唱低音 – 为什么?
You are a bass singer. – Why am I a bass singer?
你下去 – 别打我了
That burns me up! – My head!
他要一个唱低音的 我知道怎么唱…
He wants a bass singer. I don’t know how to sing…
别说了 我们下去 好吗?
Will you go down? Now, keep quiet, okay?
行了 走吧 – 好吧
Let’s go. – Okay.
Three blind mice
See how they run!
They all ran after the farmer’s wife
Who cut off their tails With a carving knife
Did you ever see such a sight in your life As three blind mice
Three blind mice
See how they run!
They all ran after the farmer’s wife
Who cut off their tails With a carving knife
Did you ever see such a sight in your life As three blind mice
这其实不关我的事 可我们有时…
It’s no business of mine, but sometimes…
不能干那些将来后悔的事
the things you do in haste are the things we most regret.
你再考虑一下
Think it over a while.
你要是真的想去见主教大人的话…
Then if you really feel you must see the Bishop…
是的
That I do.
可孩子们在这总比在街上好
But the boys are better off here than running the streets.
我看这就是奥米利神父的主意
I’m sure that was Father O’Malley’s idea.
我不那么看 科米狄太太
I’m a tolerant man, Mrs. Carmody.
居然在教堂里唱这种歌♥…
But there are some things that get under my skin…
这是我不能允许的
and Three Blind Mice is one of them.
可他还年轻
But he’s young, Father.
我承认我们都有些冲动
I’ll admit, maybe a wee bit impulsive.
可我知道 他的意图是好的
But I know he means well.
再说 他毕竟是主教本人派来的
After all, it was the Bishop himself did put him here.
主教可以派到别处去
And the Bishop himself will put him someplace else.
我去请主教把奥米利派到别的地方去
I’m going to ask to have Father O’Malley transferred.
别担心 我不会说他的坏话的
Don’t worry. It’s not a bad report I’ll be making.
我会告诉主教 这个年轻人不错
I’ll just tell the Bishop that this young man and I differ.
可我们圣多米尼可不需要他
We don’t see eye to eye.
把他…派到别的地方去吧
I’d be happier if he were sent some other place.
您已经整整辛苦了一辈子
It’s a long, hard road you’ve come, Father.
45年了
Forty-five years,
大多数时候都在分担别人的忧愁
and most of the time carrying other people’s burdens.
现在你该休息休息了
The time has come when you should rest on your oars.
别那么紧张 多享受生活
Take things a mite easier. Enjoy your life.
让别人来分担你的忧愁
Let somebody else carry the load for you.
奥米利神父的肩膀够结实
Sure, and Father O’Malley’s got a strong pair of shoulders.
Three blind mice
See how they run!
They all ran after the farmer’s wife
明白我的意思了吗?
See what I mean?
我一定要去见主教大人
No, I’ve got to see the Bishop.
我们已经分了声部
We got our sections.
我现在给每个声部一个音
I’ll give each section a note.
大家合起来就是合唱
Then we’ll put them together and have a chord.
这个声部先来 记住这个音
Take this section first. Here’s your note.
记住了吗 唱给我听听
Got that? Let me hear it now.
哦 很好 我还以为这有歌♥唱家呢
I thought we had singers here.
我要听到每个声部的每个人唱出来
Let’s hear everybody in this section.
大点声
Big, now, let me hear it.
很好 第二声部 记住这个音
That’s good. Second section, here’s your note.
唱给我听听.
You got that? Let me hear it.
有个声音不对 是谁呀?
We got a cruller in there somewhere? Who is that? You?
是你吗 你叫什么?- 艾尔默
What’s your name? – Elmer.
你到了变声期 是吗?
Elmer, your voice is changing, isn’t it?
是的 神父
I guess so, Father.
那得给你换一下
Have to drop you down a bracket.
你到第三声部去
Get here in the third section.
艾尔默看来是个多面手
Elmer is a switch hitter, it seems.
让我再听听第二声部
Let me hear that second section again.
哦 棒极了 现在听第三声部
That’s great. Now the third section. Here’s your note.
开始
Got that?
艾尔默天生就是唱这一声部的
Elmer, you sing like you’re made for this section.
现在我们大家唱第一声部
Now we’re gonna drop way down in the basement.
大家注意了 这有些难度
Watch. It’s tricky.
大家听好咯
Everybody take a toehold.
这是你们的音 唱唱看
That’s your note. Let me hear it.
有谁跑调了?- 肯定不是我
There’s a pink one somewhere. – That wasn’t me.
你怎么唱的?
What did you sing?
等一下 坐下 托尼
Sit down, Tony. Okay.
好啦 我们大家一起来唱