哦 是这样
She does?
我们九点钟就得把沙发打开
By 9:00 we have to be off the couch.
给她当床用 你能想象得出吗?
She needs it for a bed. Can you imagine?
什么事情都是两方面的
Of course, you know, there might be two sides to it.
也许你也有不对的地方
Maybe you’re being a little unreasonable.
我都十八岁了
I’m 18.
十八岁了 这么大了?
Eighteen? As old as that?
记得我十八岁的时候 也觉得父亲很笨
When I was 18, I thought my father was pretty dumb.
可过了几年 我21岁的时候…
After a while, when I got to be 21…
却惊奇的发现
I was amazed to find out
他在3年里学到了很多东西
how much he’d learned in three years.
我说你现在到了纽约 准备作什么?
Now that you’re in New York, what do you propose to do?
我打算找个工作 我是歌♥手
I’m going to get a job. I’m a singer.
会唱歌♥?唱得好吗?
A singer? You any good?
当然唱得好了 – 凭什么这么说?
Of course I’m good. – What makes you think so?
嗯…
Well, I…
我就是唱的好 就这么简单
I’m just good, that’s all.
那么你能唱个给我听听吗
Would you sing something for me?
?也许我可以帮你
Maybe I can help you.
我可是有眼力的
Supposed to be a pretty good judge.
你不知道我会的那些歌♥
You wouldn’t know the kind of songs I know.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
你会弹《从今天到永远》吗?
Do you happen to know Day After Forever?
什么调?
What key?
能不能请你稍微低一点?
Do you mind dropping it just a little?
All day tomorrow
I’ll be whispering your name
And the day after forever
I know I’ll do the same
Maytime or winter
I won’t let you out of sight
And the day after forever
We’ll talk about tonight
Your laughter is a melody
That I’ll remember long
It plays upon my heartstrings
It’s my favourite song
All through a lifetime
I’ll be loving you and then
On the day after forever
I’ll just begin again
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
你的嗓子嘛 倒是不错
You got a pretty nice voice,
但是不要加这些动作…
but instead of so much of this…
而且要把感情融进歌♥词里去
you ought to think about putting a little feeling into the words.
举个例子?
For instance, Father?
All day tomorrow
I’ll be whispering your name
And the day after forever
I know I’ll do the same
Maytime or winter
I won’t let you out of sight
And the day
After forever
We’ll talk about tonight
我懂你的意思了 神父
I see what you mean, Father.
你先试着 念一下歌♥词
Supposing you try it then? Just speak the words.
你的笑声那么动听…
Your laughter is a melody…
我牢牢的记在心里 – 对了 这就对了
that I’ll remember long. – That’s it.
你的一切 那么打动我
It plays upon my heartstrings.
对 现在唱出来
Now sing it.
It’s my favourite song
All through a lifetime
I’ll be loving you
and then
On the day after forever
I’ll just begin
again
你这句again是什么意思?
What’s that “again”?
我是学你的 神父 – 我这么唱么?
I was imitating you, Father. – Did I do that?
当然是的 – 我可没这样唱…
Definitely. – Maybe, but I didn’t do that…
And the day after forever
You’re my favourite song
根本没感情
There’s no thought behind that at all.
这跟歌♥儿有什么关系?
We’ll talk about what has that got to do with the song?
你好 神父
Hello, Father.
这位小姐想寻求我们的帮助
This young lady came to us for some help.
你要找工作是吧?- 是的 神父
So it’s work you’re wanting. – Yes, Father.
也许我可以帮助你 – 是吗?
I think maybe I could place you. – You can?
做点家务事 你认为怎么样?
What would you think of a little general housework?
科米狄太太年纪渐渐大了 她有点忙不过来
Mrs. Scaponi, with all those children, 11, no, 12, in October.
嗯 也许可以用上你
I think maybe she could use you.
哦 不 我要找的活可不是那种活
No. I’m not looking for that kind of work.
我想你还没弄明白 她是歌♥手
I don’t think you understand, Father. She’s a singer.
嗯 是吗?
Aren’t you?
哦 好吧
Well, now…
那么我问一下 你准备在哪儿找工作?
And where, may I ask, are you expecting to find employment?
呃 附近学校倒是需要一个
In some nice cool, airy nightclub, I suppose.
搞卫生的人 – 噢 不 我不干
Any prospects? No. Not exactly.
啊 你饿死也不愿扫地
And you’re willing to starve rather than push a broom?
是从家里跑出来的吧
You have a home, I presume?
她刚刚离开家
No, she just left it, Father.
居然想唱歌♥?
Go right back to your parents.
能让你这种姑娘唱歌♥的地方…
A fine little girl like you singing someplace like that…
绝不是好地方
Blue Goose or something.
可我总得有个落脚之处吧
But you’ve got to start someplace, Father.
胡说
Nonsense.
做一个好妻子或好母亲 对你来说足够了
Being a good wife and mother is a good enough start for you.
你回家去吧
Like your own mother.
再见了 神父 – 再见
Goodbye, Father. – Goodbye.
嘿 我说小姐
Young lady,
你回家去等某个棒小伙来找你
you go home and stay home till the right man comes around.
棒小伙不会路过我家门口的
The right man will never come near our house.
别担心 我会有办法的
But don’t worry. I’ll get by.
凯乐
Carol!
等一等 神父
Wait just a minute. Father.
我能不能向你借… – 什么?
Do you think you could let me have 10? – Of what?
十块钱 你看她孤单一人身无分文
$10. She’s all alone. She hasn’t a thing.
我们得帮她 就十块钱
Open up our hearts. $10.
等一下
Just a minute.
五块钱吧 – 不 十块钱
How about $5? – No, $10.
凯乐 我不喜欢你那句”我会有办法的”
Carol, I didn’t like the way you said, “I’ll get by.”
这点钱可以暂时帮你一把
Here’s something to tide you over.
哦 不 神父
But, Father…
不是送给你的 是借给你的
It’s all right. It’s not charity. It’s a loan.
谢谢 我会有用的
Thanks. I can use it.
我很感激
I appreciate it.
本来我还想对你说点别的…
I guess there’s a lot of things I should have said to you…
给你些忠告
advice and one thing or another.
可你听不进去
But you wouldn’t have paid any attention.
毕竟你已经十八岁了
After all, you are 18, aren’t you?
不用担心 我会没事的
Don’t worry. I’ll be all right.
我相信你
Of course you will, Carol.
我会有办法的 – 哦 又来了
I’ll get by. – Don’t say that.
记着给我写信 – 我会的
Let us hear from you. – All right, Father.
再见 再见
Bye. Bye, Carol.
嘿 伙计们
Hey, fellas.
我们跑到这儿来 究竟是干什么?
What are we doing hanging around here for?
是啊
Yeah!
因为我答应了奥米利神父 就这么简单
‘Cause I promised O’Malley, that’s what for.
为什么?
Why?
因为我答应了的 知道吗?- 嘿 伙计们 看
‘Cause I said so, see? – Hey, fellas, look.
破烂的衬裙 破烂的衬裙
Lace panty-coats. Yeah, lace panty-coats.
是啊 我们干慈善活儿嘛
First thing you know, he’ll be charming us into these things.
是啊 我们有那么多男孩呢?
Yeah, making altar boys out of us.
嘿 行了 大家别嚷嚷
Hold it. First guy up, I kick his teeth in, see?
听我说 奥米利神父是个好人
Look, you, O’Malley’s a right guy, see?
移到前面来
Pick him up.
你们还记得
Look, you, O’Malley’s a right guy, see?
上次火鸡的事儿 是他救了我们吧
He didn’t rat on us about the turkeys, did he?
是的
No.
还带我们去看棒球 ?- 是的
Took us to a baseball game? – Yeah.
还买♥♥了热狗 对吧 – 是的
Bought us hot dogs, didn’t he? – Yeah.
他还要带我们去看电影
He’s gonna take us to a picture show, ain’t he?
你怎么知道?
How do we know?
嘿 神父 向神父问好
Hello, Father. Say hello to the Father.
你好 神父
Hello, Father.