啊 热火鸡 – 什么?当然是热的
Hot turkey. – Hot? Of course it’s hot.
哦 我是这意思
That’s what I say.
主啊 感谢您的恩赐
Bless us, O Lord, for these Thy gifts
感谢您给我们的一切 阿门
which we are about to receive. Amen.
哦 神父
Say, Father,
你认识一个叫托尼卡普里的孩子吗?
you know a youngster around here named Tony Scaponi?
他怎么了?- 他今天下午…
What about him? – This afternoon…
哦 托尼家 他是个规规矩矩的天主教♥徒♥
Tony belongs to a fine upstanding Catholic family.
我当然认识托尼
Eleven children. Sure, I know Tony.
他是我们教区最好的孩子之一
As fine a lad as there is in the parish.
你可别那么想
Police don’t think so.
哦 你不那么看?- 是的
They don’t? – No.
要是还不为托尼和那些孩子想点办法…
If something isn’t done about Tony and his pals…
他们都会进管教所的
they’re gonna wind up in a reform school.
你听谁说的?- 警♥察♥
Who told you that? – The police.
哦…派卡利克麦卡锡胡说
You’ve been listening to Patrick McCarthy, no doubt.
你听我一句话 这个人…
Let me tell you that that man
他有十年没做礼拜了
hasn’t been to Mass in the last 10 years.
也许吧
That may be,
不过我觉得麦卡锡对那些孩子的看法是对的
but I think McCarthy’s right about those kids.
他们正在社区制♥造♥混乱
They’re terrorising the whole neighbourhood.
唉 警♥察♥都那么说
No use talking like that.
每个警♥察♥都认为
To hear the police talk,
拉丁区的孩子是罪犯
you’d think that every lad in the parish was a criminal.
我们面前放着这些美味的食品 就是…
I’ll have you know that the very food there before us…
两个经常遭到警♥察♥诽谤的
is brought to us by two of those very lads
孩子送来的
the police are so maliciously slandering.
是真的吗
Is that so?
有一个就是托尼卡普里
Tony Scaponi was one of them.
我祝福了他们
I gave them both my blessing.
他们并把火鸡送给了你 – 是的
And they gave you the bird. – Yeah.
我去吧
I’ll get it.
你好 麦卡锡 – 哦 晚上好 神父
Hello, McCarthy. – Good evening, Father.
你看 找到他们了
Well, I brung them.
托尼卡普里 霍曼兰格尔
Tony Scaponi, Herman Langerhanke.
你们好 你先回去吧 麦卡锡
Hi, fellows. I don’t think you have to wait, McCarthy.
那…好吧 神父
Okay, Father.
我知道你们很喜欢垒球
Say, I understand that you fellows like baseball pretty well.
是啊 – 我知道星期六…
Yeah. – I was thinking, Saturday…
扬基队和圣布朗斯队有场比赛
the Yanks are playing the St. Louis Browns, a doubleheader.
你们愿意和我一起看比赛吗?
Would you like to go out and see the games with me?
圣布朗斯是我的家乡
St. Louis is my old hometown, you know.
我肯定他准赢
I’ll get all the passes I want.
怎么样?- 我想可以吧
What do you say? – Well, I guess so.
没问题 大家都会喜欢的
Yeah, sure, I guess the fellas would like that.
那好吧 星期六中午 我们在这儿集♥合♥
It’s a date then. I’ll meet you here Saturday at noon?
好吧 没问题
That’d be good.
你们回家吃饭去吧
You run along and have your dinner.
我要吃那火鸡了
I’ll go finish my turkey.
我们刚才说什么来着?
Let me see now, where was I?
我想起来了 我想问你什么事
Oh, yeah, I know. I was going to ask you something.
怎么当上神父的 是吗 – 不是
What made me become a priest? – No.
是关于小托尼 警♥察♥问他什么?
About young Tony. What was it the police accused him of?
偷东西
Stealing.
偷什么?- 偷火鸡
Stealing what? – Turkeys.
好象是那孩子们=在街上拦了一个送火鸡的人
Seems the boys hijacked a poultry truck down the street here.
抢了他们的火鸡
There was quite a bit of excitement.
送货的人报了警
The driver reported them to the police.
那可怜人的火鸡追回来了吗?
Did the poor man get his turkeys back?
有一只没有
All but one, Father.
谢谢
Thank you.
麦卡锡 你好啊
McCarthy, how are you?
早上好 神父 我能跟你谈件事吗?
Good morning, Father. You open for business?
我随时听候你的吩咐 快进来吧
Always open for business, McCarthy. Come on in.
过来
Come on.
好了 你呆在这
Come right in, Pat.
我有一件棘手的事 神父 – 什么事?
I got a problem, Father. – Yeah?
好象应该归你管
Seems like it’s more yours than mine.
恩 就是她 是这样的…
It’s her. Well, Father, it’s this way.
昨天晚上我巡逻的时候
Last night I’m walking me beat, see?
知道我碰到谁了吗?
Who do you think I runs into?
可琳普司太太- 她?
Mrs. Quimp. – Her?
“麦卡锡警官” 她说
Officer McCarthy, she says.
你知道她说话的口气
You know how the old stool pigeon talks.
我当然知道
Yes, I do.
“”你要是去了街角就会看到一个姑娘””
If you’ll go around the corner, you’ll find a girl.
“我可以保证 她不干好事”
I’ve been watching her and she ain’t up to no good.”
于是 神父 我就去了街角
Well, Father, I goes around the corner and there,
就像可琳普司太太所说的 我看到了她
like the Quimp says, I finds her.
你在听吧 – 当然在听
Do you follow me, Father? – Yes.
我上下打量了一下
Well, I looks at her and sizes her up.
我问了她几个问题
One of those things, I think. I’m just about to say to her:
“小姐 你一个人在这里干什么?”
Look, sister, not on my beat.
她支支吾吾的
When she turns, and right away
其实我立刻就看出了她在想什么
I sees I’m out of line.
你在听吗?- 嗯
You follow me, Father? – Yeah.
跟你直说吧
To get down to it, Father,
我发现她身无分文 从家里逃了出来
I find she’s broke and run away from home.
她不肯说出她家里在哪?
Doesn’t know a soul in town.
总得有人管她吧 于是我就把她带到我家
So, instead of booking her, I takes her home.
让她在我家住一个晚上还没事
It’s all right with the missus for one night,
要是住久了 我妻子…
but if she stays any longer…
我妻子当然是个好人…
I guess Mrs. McCarthy, good woman that she is…
可她也有和常人一样的感情
is no different from any other woman.
你听懂了吗?- 我当然懂
You follow me, Father? – I follow you.
总之 她从家里逃了出来…
So, anyway, she tells us that she’s run away from home…
因为她的家人不太理解她
on account of her folks don’t understand her.
别的我什么也没有问出来 她不吭声
We tried arguing with her, Father, but she’s a tough one.
她反正非常讨厌她的妈妈
She thinks “Honour thy father and thy mother” is a belly laugh.
好了 现在我就把她交给你了
Well, Father, guess I’ll let you pick it up from here.
她说她叫凯乐詹姆斯 – 好吧 麦卡锡
Says her name’s Carol James.- All right, McCarthy.
再见 神父 – 再见
So long. Father. – Goodbye.
进去吧
All right. You can go in now.
进来吧 坐那儿
Come right in. Won’t you sit down over here?
凯乐 他有什么地方说得不对吗?
Carol, suppose you give us your version of it?
他说的句句是实话
I guess it’s just about like he said.
你和父母相处不好?- 是的
You don’t get along with your parents? – No.
于是就离家了?- 我已经离开了
So you’re going to leave home? – I’ve left.
你怎么养活自己呢?
How are you fixed for funds?
我没有钱 就像我碰到麦卡锡警官时一样
I haven’t any. That’s how I met Officer McCarthy.
我会有办法的
But I’ll get by.
干嘛不回家?
Why don’t you go back home?
因为我无法忍♥受家里的生活
I tell you, at home my life is intolerable.
爸爸妈妈呢?- 我们没有任何共同语言
Parents? – We don’t agree on anything.
不喜欢我的发型 我的眉毛 口红摸的太浓
Don’t like the way I do my hair, my eyebrows, too much lipstick.
不是这就是那 太长了 太短了
Too something or other, too long, too short.
你觉得太短吗?
Do you think it’s too short?
我…我不知道
Well, I don’t know.
他们还讨厌我的男朋友
They even object to my boyfriends.
即使准我出门
If they do let me go out,
也一定会说 “早点回来你去哪?”
they say, “Where are you going? Come home early.
“电影一完就回来” “不要开车”
Come right home after the show. “No drive-in.”
不管我回到家里多早 总是说太晚了
No matter how early I get in, it’s too late.
要是我说我们的汽油用完了 他们准说我在撒谎
And if I say we ran out of gas, they say I’m lying.
你说过谎?- 有时候吧
Are you? – Sometimes.
你有没有想过
Did you ever think of maybe
把男朋友带到家里去住?
having the boyfriends over to the house?
你的口气和他们一样
Now you talk like they do.
我告诉你 我无法带他回家
I can’t have them over to the house
因为奶奶就睡在客厅里
because Grandma sleeps in the living room.