神父 多谢你了 这真是一件好礼物
That’s swell of you, Father. It’s a great present.
我早就眼馋了
I always had my eye on it.
我知道你眼馋了
I thought you did.
你准备什么时候把那特殊的礼物送给我
When you gonna give Father Fitzgibbon his surprise?
别吭声 过会在教堂里
Not so loud. Later on in the church.
孩子们没说什么吧?
Those boys haven’t told anybody?
谁敢要走漏风声 我揍扁他…
Not a word. If they did, I’d kick the…
我是说 好好管教他
I mean, I’d be disappointed in them.
好了 我得走了
I guess I’ll get going.
我知道你还有很多事
I know you wanted to tell me about
要跟我说…
taking your place with the gang…
我长话短说
but I’ll make it easy for you.
我一定会按照你的要求去做的
I’ll be everything you want me to be.
就像你还在这里一样
Just as if you were here checking on me.
要是你不 我会让你尝尝我的拳头的
If you don’t, I’m gonna drop you like you was a hot potato.
好的 一言为定
It’s a deal. Good luck to you.
祝你好运 神父
Good luck to you. So long.
圣诞节快到了
Pretty near Christmas.
很多话我不必说
I’m sure that the way to say what I’d like to say
可是我还是要说
will occur to me after you’ve gone.
我把一个人封闭了很多年…
We’re separated by many years, Father O’Malley…
所以 我们在有些事情上
which could be the reason why
没有取得一致的看法
we haven’t seen eye to eye in many instances.
我们尽管有分歧
But though we’ve had many differences,
但根本的东西是一样的
we never differed in fundamentals.
仅仅是看法不同而已
It was only in method.
但心是一样的
But never in our hearts.
是好东西 – 是的
Good stuff, huh? – Yes.
再见了 泰狄 – 再见 神父
Goodbye, Ted. – Goodbye, Father.
再见 凯乐 棒小伙子找到了
Bye, Carol. Right man did come along?
是的 不过不是路过我们家
Yes, but not past our house.
他很顽皮
Stubborn?
再见 赫斯先生 – 再见 神父
Goodbye, Mr. Haines. – Father.
对不起 赫斯先生
Pardon me, Mr. Haines.
我刚刚从主教那里来
I’ve just left the Bishop.
他要我向贝司基文神父报到
He told me to report to Father Fitzgibbon.
我接替了你的位置 我是新来的助理
I’m taking your place. I’m the new curate!
得了 得了
You’ve little time.
别耽误神父和大家
They’re waiting at the church to say goodbye.
神父 我刚帮了你不少忙
All right. I’ve been doing you a lot of good here.
不久就会有新的教堂了
You’re gonna have a new church after the war.
可我们募捐的钱还不够
Yes, but we didn’t raise enough money.
赫斯先生可以以抵押贷款的形式
Mr. Haines is gonna give us a mortgage
借我们钱
to take care of the difference.
他说服了我 要有颗仁爱之心
He convinced me I have a heart.
再说 有那座教堂
It wouldn’t be a church without a mortgage.
说的对 – 他是个奇迹
That’s right. – He’s a wonder.
我真不知道他走了以后 我该怎么办?
I don’t know what I’m going to do without him.
不知主教会派谁来顶替他…
Don’t know who the Bishop is going to send in his place…
但不管那个人… 神父
but whoever he is… Father.
祝贺你 神父
Congratulations to you, Father.
主教再也不会干这种事了
The Bishop wouldn’t do that to me again.
我已经决定了
Yes, he’s done it.
赫斯先生 能向教堂提供抵押贷款真是太好了
Mr. Haines. Nice of you to give that mortgage to the church.
别客气
Not at all.
大家知道
Can’t tell you how much we appreciate it.
我们大家…
As you know…
都会想念奥米利神父的
we’re all going to miss Father O’Malley.
他是个好人
He was a fine man.
这位是奥米利神父 是他请你来的
This is Father O’Malley, the man who sent for you.
你好 菲思幻本夫人
How do you do, Mrs. Fitzgibbon?
我听说了很多你的事
I’ve heard so much about you.
很高兴见到你
Now it’s good to see you.
我相信 大家都会同意我的说法
I think you’ll agree that we’re all a little better
他是个好人
for having known him.
他总是首先考虑别人
He was always thinking of others.
而这可以使我们的世界更加美丽
And that, you know, can make life very beautiful.
相信我 正是他的这种美德…
Believe me, it’s what we do for others that…
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Too-ri-Ioo-ra-ii
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Hush now, don’t you cry
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Too-ri-Ioo-ra-ii
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Thits un Irish lulluby
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Too-ri-Ioo-ra-ii
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Hush now, don’t you cry
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Too-ri-Ioo-ra-ii
Too-rd-Ioo-rd-Ioo-rI
Thits un Irish lulluby