所有的教♥徒♥都会
Everyone will be back.
现在嘛
In the meantime,
你可以在我的圣弗朗西丝教堂 先对他们布道
you can send your congregation over to my parish.
我可以跟你平分捐款 一家一半
I’ll split the collection with you. 50-50.
这倒也是个办法
Take it, Father.
是什么让你对教堂重建
Now what makes you all so hopeful
那么有信心
that the church will ever be rebuilt?
来 把这喝了 – 不
You’re supposed to take this. – No, I can’t.
把它喝了 – 不
Come on, please. Take it. – No.
如果你喝 我也喝一点 真的
I’ll tell you what, if you’ll take it, I’ll take some, too.
不太难喝吧 你来试试看
There, now that wasn’t so bad. Don’t you try it.
医生给的药 太难喝了
Doctors. Medicine.
我只想动一动
What I need is to be up and about.
结果一下子病倒了
Being up and about is what got you down.
走遍了整个教区去募捐
Tramping all over the parish to raise funds.
募捐了多少钱哪
How much did you collect?
这没什么错
There’s no need for you to rub it in.
35美元85美分 是吗
$35.85. Yeah.
大夫花了多少?- 40美元
How much is the doctor’s bill? – $40.
这上面说要喝两勺
Says here to take two.
所以我们钱花的值得
We wanna get our money’s worth.
你听着
Listen.
这瓶子里的东西没办法使我好起来
There’s nothing in that bottle that’s going to do me any good.
神父 你没有失去信心吧
Now you’re not gonna lose hope, are you?
知道吗?
Hope?
查克 你年纪轻的时候
Chuck, when you’re young,
有的是信心 因为你精力旺盛
it’s easy to keep the fires of hope burning bright.
可到了我这把年纪
But at my age,
精力差了干什么都力不从心
you’re lucky if the pilot light doesn’t go out.
我明白 神父
I know, Father,
45年的心血化成了灰尽
45 years of your efforts in ashes.
来 再喝点
Here, take this.
它是给我带来了精力
That’ll keep the pilot light burning.
我肚子像火烧一样
Yes, it ought to. Tastes like it had kerosene in it.
你去拜访过教民吗?- 去了
Well, did you make your parish calls? – Yes.
莫扎尼克太太的风湿病又犯了
Mrs. McGonigle’s rheumatism is kicking up again.
我建议她在后院埋一个土豆
I told her to bury a potato in the backyard.
管用吗?- 她自己说的
That’s for warts. – That’s what she said.
然后 我去听可琳普斯
And I heard Mrs. Quimp’s new gossip.
后来呢?
What else?
后来我去看凯乐和赫斯先生
Then I went to see Carol and Mr. Haines.
他们有泰狄的消息吗?
Did they hear from young Ted?
泰狄在非洲受了伤
Young Ted has been wounded in Africa.
啊 太惨了 听说要被送回来了
Too bad. They’re shipping him home.
多么杰出的小伙子啊
Fine, upstanding young fella.
也许他能得到勋章 – 我怀疑
Maybe they’ll decorate him. – No, I doubt it.
山姆被汽车撞死了
Some friend of his ran over him in a jeep.
不过 也有一些好消息
But I’ve got some good news.
我收到了林顿小姐的来信
I have a letter from Miss Linden.
太好了 她现在在哪儿啊?
Miss Linden. That’s very nice. Where is she?
在圣路易斯
She’s in St. Louis.
刚才我让你喝药水 就是让你镇静一些
And here it comes. I gave you that medicine to quiet your nerves.
托尼和孩子们正在跟她做巡回演出
Tony and the boys are with her. They’re on a concert tour.
这合适吗?
They’re on a what?
我得到他们父母的同意…
Now I had their parents’ consent…
在开学前 他们会回来的
and they’ll be back in time for school.
但是…
But you…
再说旅行是很好的教育
Besides, travel’s a great education.
如果赚到钱
If they make enough money,
还能把教堂重新建起来
it’s gonna build you a new church.
钱虽然不多 但可以使我们维持下去
Not much of one, maybe, but something to go on with.
林顿小姐给你寄来一张支票 带着她的爱
Miss Linden sent you a cheque with her love.
3500美元
$3,500.
现在药效怎么样了
How’s the pilot light burning now?
这药效好极了
It’s burning brighter, Chuck.
道路漫长 可我们毕竟开始了
It’s a long road back, but we’ve started.
圣多米尼可教堂又可以重新建立起来了
You know, I’ve a feeling that St. Dominic’s may rise again.
当然会的
Sure it’ll rise again.
我要起来了 太好了
You know, I think I’ll get up meself.
不不不 你得卧床休息休息
You better stay there and get some rest.
我好多了
I feel better.
再休息休息
No, you don’t feel near that good.
好了 孩子们 回家去吧
Here now, boys. Go on home.
回家吃饭去
Your dinner’s ready. Go on home.
再见 – 再见
Bye, Father. – Goodbye, Father.
再见了 神父
Bye, Father.
多漂亮的风琴啊
Fine girl, Miss Linden.
非常慷慨 非常慷慨
Very thoughtful. Very generous.
看来大方的人还是有的
Let’s close this up. Keep the sawdust out.
这给我们教堂增添了光彩
That will lend beauty to the dedication.
到圣诞节就可以给孩子们表演了…
And at Christmas, you and the choir will be able to…
圣诞节我就不在这里了
Father, I won’t be here at Christmas.
我今天下午见了主教
I was with the Bishop this afternoon,
他把我调到另一个教区去了
and he’s transferring me to another parish.
你要离开我们
You’re leaving me.
我从来没想过 你会离开我们
It never occurred to me that someday you might.
可我的孩子 没你我怎么办
But, me boy, what am I going to do without you?
是你自己要求的吧
You didn’t ask to?
不 不不 说实在的 我真想和您在一起
No. I asked to stay with you.
可主教要我帮他们一把 可是…
But the Bishop asked me to help him out, and I…
圣多米尼也需要你的帮助啊
St. Dominic’s. What’s going to happen?
你会没事的 神父
Well, you’ll be all right, Father.
真希望你也在场
I wish you could’ve heard some of the things
能听到主教对你的高度评价
the Bishop said about you.
他说你年轻了十岁
Says you’re looking 10 years younger.
对 你完全充满了信心
He has all the confidence in the world in you.
别担心 你会有新助手的
Don’t worry. You’ll have a new assistant.
那我预祝你将来事事成功
I want to wish you all the success in the world,
我知道你会的
which I know you’ll have.
新教区大一些吗?
Is it a parish of your own?
不 不是这样的
Not exactly, Father.
我想你知道圣查尔斯的情况…
You see this church, St. Charles, it’s…
年久失修 人也老了…
Well, the pastor’s getting along in years and things aren’t…
还有 他们困难很多?
You mean they’re in trouble.
是的 主教叫我到那里帮助他们…
Yes. And I’m supposed to go in there and try and help…
你说这是主教的意思?
You mean without the old fella knowing.
那可是个艰苦的差事啊
Well, that’s a difficult assignment. But it’ll work out.
不过你听我说 你刚开始时可能会遇到些困难
You may have trouble with the old man at first.
甚至时不时想去找主教
He may be running off to the Bishop every few minutes,
可是你别担心
but don’t let that bother you.
你有你自己的一套
You’ll bring him around to your way of thinking.
珍妮来了
Well, there’s dinner.
我想你知道该怎么对付那些老古板
You know how to manage these old fussbudgets.
带他们到高尔夫球场去
Take him out on the golf course.
让他们吸收新鲜空气
Bring him out in the fresh air.
是的 我们会相处好的…
We’ll get along. Just so he…
我们互相宽容 谦让一点
He knows enough to come out of the rain.
说得对 说得对 就是这意思
That’s it, Father. That’s it exactly.
进来 托尼
Come in, Tony.
你好 神父 你真的离开我们了
Hi, Father. So you’re really leaving us?
是的 我接到命令了
Yes, I’ve got my orders, Tony.
我猜 主教大人要你走 你就得走吧
I guess when the Bishop says you gotta go, you gotta go.
没法商量
That’s right, Tony.
我有时候一点也不喜欢主教
Sometimes I think I don’t like bishops.
主教就像裁判
Tony, bishops are like umpires.
有时候需要他们作出决定的
You have to have them to call the close decisions.
真的吗?
Really?
我有样礼物送给你 托尼
I got a little Christmas present here for you.
我希望你替我负责唱诗班
I want you to take my place with the choir.
从现在起 你来负责
From now on, you’re in charge.