怎么了?
What?
你好 爸爸
Hello, Dad.
你过去两个星期到哪去了?
Where have you been for the past two weeks?
爸爸 呃
Well, Dad…
我在蓝天上踩着粉红色的云朵跳舞
I’ve been in a blue heaven dancing on a pink cloud.
她从月亮上过来
She came in on a moonbeam.
你在撒谎 我派人盯着你
That’s a lie. I had you followed.
这不公平 爸爸
That wasn’t cricket.
你在这个年纪的时候 我可没盯你的梢啊
When you were my age, I didn’t follow you around.
无论我说什么 她都笑
Everything I say kills her.
我可不喜欢
It kills me, too.
你不知道这是我出租的房♥子吗?
Do you realise this is one of my apartments?
我重新装♥修♥了一下
Yes. I had it redecorated.
你身上的睡袍是我的
And that’s one of my robes.
对 我请人改了一下
Yes, I had it altered.
我真喜欢你 泰狄
I’m going to like him.
你知道我可以把你赶出去吗?
Do you know I could have you thrown out of town?
我要是知道一些 你不知道的她的事呢
Maybe I know something about her you don’t know.
她在街上被警♥察♥抓住过
She was picked up on the street by the police.
这我知道
I know that.
也许我们知道一些你不知道的事
Maybe we know something that you don’t know.
我们结婚了
We’re married.
结 结婚了
Married?
我会把它解除掉
I’ll have that annulled.
你只有一开始出面阻拦
You can only get them annulled
才会破坏我们的婚姻关系
when they aren’t right in the first place.
现在太晚了
Ours was right.
我们已经说过了 “爱你一直白头到老”
We said something about, “‘Till death do us part.” Remember?
你们在哪结的婚?
Where were you married?
圣多米尼可 奥米利神父主持的
St. Dominic’s, Father O’Malley.
奥米利?秘密结婚
O’Malley! A secret marriage?
哦 他这下惹下大♥麻♥烦了
Well, he’s put his foot in it this time.
这不是秘密结婚 报纸上都登了
It wasn’t a secret marriage. It was in all the papers.
我没看到
I didn’t see it.
除了金融栏目 你什么都不看
You never get past the financial column.
不要这么厚颜无♥耻♥
Don’t be impertinent!
年轻姑娘 你知道他怎么养活你吗?
Young woman, do you know how he’s planned to support you?
他已经辞职了
You know he’s quit his job?
这没什么了不起 我会养活他的
That’s all right. I’ll support him.
是啊 她有工作
Sure, she’s working.
你 你靠你妻子来养活
You’d live off your wife?
妈妈从前也养活过你
Mother was a big help to you, wasn’t she,
直到你站稳脚根
until you got on your feet?
那完全是另外一♥码♥事
That was entirely different.
我自己多少有点出息
I made something of myself.
是啊 爸爸 那当然
Yes, Dad, you certainly have.
听我说 我的孩子
Look, Son. My boy.
你不顾及家庭名誉吗?
Have you no family pride?
不感到羞耻 – 不
No shame? – Nope.
你真堕落了 我的孩子
You’ve certainly slipped, my boy.
你失去了一切
You’ve lost everything.
我可不这样看 爸爸
I don’t think so, Dad.
我已经找到我想要的
I think I’ve found something.
好了 宝贝 我得去换衣服了
Well, darling, I guess I’d better get dressed.
我看 我这做父亲的是一败涂地啊
I think I’m a failure as a father.
我不这样认为
I don’t think so.
宝贝 我的帽子在哪?
Darling, where’s my hat?
帽子 我去拿
I’ll get it.
您得原谅他今天这样说话 爸爸
You’ll have to forgive the way we’ve been acting today, Dad.
我们俩今天都非常激动
We were a little hysterical.
高兴的都要发疯了
I guess we were both a little, well, mad.
我也快要发疯了
Well, I’m mad, too.
就那么辞了职 悄悄地结了婚
Quitting his job like that. Running off and getting married.
我真弄不懂
I don’t know.
这年轻一代真是莫名其妙啊
This younger generation doesn’t seem to have any sense.
再见 宝贝
So long, sweet.
愿上帝保佑你
God bless you.
再见 爸爸
Goodbye, Dad.
多谢你送我的模型飞机
That plane you gave me did the trick.
当他们知道我一年能赚600美元的时候
When they found out about my 600 hours in the air,
就说 好吧 小伙子 我们要你了
they said, “Bud, we want you in.”
对她好点 爸爸 她会长大的
Be nice to her, Dad. She’ll grow on you.
再见 儿子
Goodbye, boy.
他已经走了 爸爸
He’s gone, Dad.
麦克滋 你一定得帮我这个忙
Max, you have to do this for me
别的话你就不用说了
and I don’t want any arguments about it.
我们想出版的东西手头都有了
I’m afraid we got all the songs we need.
我们的计划排满了
Our catalogue is full.
不不不 你听我说
Now wait a minute.
我好不容易才把这一切都安排好
I’ve been to a lot of trouble to arrange this.
那些演员 乐队 出租汽车还赶到这儿
So grab your hat and a taxi and get right over here.
是的 就是现在
Yes, now. This very minute.
你要是不答应 我就要诅咒你了
If you don’t, I’ll put the Irish curse on you.
好吧 神父
Goodbye, Father.
那是戴奥神父 我的一个朋友
That’s Father O’Dowd, a friend of mine.
他有什么事要我们募捐吗?- 不是
What did he want? A donation? – No.
他说他有首歌♥ 准能走红
Pal of his has got a song, and he’s plugging it. And what a plug.
他可真有能耐
He’s grabbed off
动员了大都会歌♥剧院的整个乐队…
the Metropolitan Opera House with the full orchestra…
连同他们的那个指挥特马托…
conducted by this fellow Tommaso…
还有珍妮林顿
whatever his name is. The star, Genevieve Linden
一个30人的唱诗班
and a choir of 30 voices.
一起来唱他朋友的那首歌♥
All this fuss to put over a song written by a pal of his.
这会儿正在大都会呢?
And they’re waiting right now for us at the Met.
大都会歌♥剧院?你能想象得到吗?
At the Metropolitan? Can you imagine such a thing?
This road leads to Rainbowville
going my way?
Up ahead is Bluebird Hill
going my way?
Just pack a basket full of wishes
and off you start
With Sunday morning
in your heart
Round the bend you’ll see a sign
Dreamer’s Highway
Happiness is down the line
going my way?
The smiles you gather
will look well
on you
Oh, I hope you’re
going my way
too
Round the bend you’ll see a sign
Dreamer’s Highway
Happiness is down the line
going my way?
The smiles you gather
will look well
on you
Oh, I hope you’re
going my way
too
真是动听 美极了
That’s very good. Wonderful.
你唱得真好 小姐 – 谢谢
You sang it great. – Thank you.
你这首歌♥写得不错 神父 – 谢谢
That’s a pretty good song you got there. – Thank you.
你真有眼力 – 他当然有眼力
I guess you ought to know. – You bet he does.
他可是全纽约最精明的人了
They say he’s the sharpest little man in town.
我吗?真不好意思
I’m embarrassed.
你说谈正经事 钱的事?
You mean to talk business? The money?
别不好意思 我们都喜欢钱
Don’t let that embarrass you. We love it.
我要说的是 神父 这首歌♥虽然不错…
What I wanted to say is that, although it’s great…
正如我所说的
it’s just as I told you, Father.
它太高雅了点 不适合我们
It’s too good for us. It’s way over our head.
这不是一种像他这样的…
You see, it’s not just the type of song that a guy would…
对不起 神父 绅士…
Pardon me, Father, that a gentleman…
人人都能喜欢的歌♥ 它太高雅了
would croon to his babe, if you know what I mean.
太阳春白雪了…
It doesn’t say enough. It hasn’t got that…
不是我们所需要的
Well, it’s just not for me.
你觉得你们应该
I think you ought to try it out
去找一个需要高档歌♥曲的出版商
on someone who publishes higher class stuff.
谢谢
Thanks.
我想我得回办公室了
Well, I guess we’d better get back to the office.
神父 也许我说错了
You know, Father, I could be wrong.