Thank you. Thank you for coming.
谢谢 谢谢您的来访
Charming. [ Gasps ]
太好了
l had no idea you’d be here.
我没想到您会大架光临
How are you? Fine.
您好吗? 很好
l’m just fine. And Your Royal Highness?
我很好 公主殿下呢?
Splendid, now that l know that you’re around.
现在你来了,所以好极了
Can we get together while l’m in town?
趁我离开前,我们聚聚吧?
l so badly want to sit for you again. Sit?
我非常想再次做您的模特 模特?
l’ve changed my hair, you see, since our last session.
您看,上次见面后,我换了发型
Those old snaps look rather dowdy now.
上次照的那些照片 现在看起来有点寒酸
Oh, dear. Have l made a blunder?
哦,天哪, 我是否认错人了?
The pleasure is mine. James Whale.
很高兴认识您 詹姆斯,威尔
l am such a goose. l mistook you for Cecil Beaton.
我真苯 我还以为您是塞西尔·皮顿
lt’s the hat.
一定是帽子的原因
You’re wearing one of Cecil’s hats, you know.
您戴的是塞西尔的帽子, 你知道吗
George, James Whale. David Lewis’s friend.
乔治, 詹姆斯,威尔 大卫.里维思的朋友
Oh.
哦
l used to make pictures myself, ma’am. [ Cukor ] Yes, of course.
我也曾拍过电影的,女士 是的,当然
One can’t throw a rock in this town…
随便在这里扔块石头..
without hitting one of us old movie directors.
就一定会打中一个老导演
Ma’am, may l introduce Mr. Clayton Boone.
女士,允许我介绍克雷顿.布恩
My gardener.
我的园丁
How do you do? Clay Clay Boone. Quite.
你好吗? 克雷.布恩 很好
l adore gardens. [ All Chuckling ]
我喜欢园丁
He’s never met a princess.
他从来没有见过公主
Only queens.
只见过女皇
Well, George, ma’am, this has been an honor,
乔治,女士, 认识你们是我的荣幸
and one that l shall remember for the rest of my life.
我一辈子都铭记于心
Great place.
好地方
Hello.
你好
What was that all about? Oh, don’t worry. Nothing of any importance.
刚才怎么了? 别担心,没什么重要的
Just two old men slapping each other with lilies.
只是两个老头在互相侮辱
l’m sorry. [ Woman Laughs ]
对不起
Who’s that? David.
那是谁? 大卫
The friend l thought was in New York. No, ll The girl.
一个我以为在纽约的朋友 不,那个女的
Oh, it’s Elizabeth Taylor. Oh, thank you.
哦,那是伊丽莎白·泰勒 谢谢
Yes, David produced her last picture.
大卫是她上部电影的制♥作♥人
What are you doing here? l was just going to ask you the same thing.
你怎么在这里? 我刚想问你这个问题
Thought you were still in New York.
我以为你还在纽约
l was, until last night.
我昨晚回来的
l was going to call.
我本来想打电♥话♥给你的
David Lewis. Hey. Clay Boone.
大卫.里维思 嘿,克雷.布恩
Our yardman, who’s been kind enough to serve as my escort…
我的园丁, 好心陪我一起来..
to George’s little do.
参加乔治的小聚会
Should you be drinking in your condition?
你的情况可以喝酒吗?
Oh, David, will you stop being a nanny.
哦,大卫, 不要婆婆妈妈的
l think l’m gonna go and get another beer.
我想我再去拿杯啤酒
You should’ve seen George’s face when he saw Clayton.
你应该看看乔治 见到克雷时的表情
Oh! [ Giggles ]
哦!
You didn’t, Jimmy. l did.
你没有,吉米 我有
Mind you, Princess Margaret’s an absolute doll.
提醒你,玛格丽特公主 没什么思想
Well, we’re all equals in her eyes, as commoners, l presume.
在她的眼中我们不过是平民
You only embarrass yourself.
你在令你自己难堪
Oh, dear. l’ll never work in this town again. You know what l mean.
哦,亲爱的,我在这地方再也找不到工作了 你了解我的意思
Your reputation. l have no reputation.
你有名誉 我没有名誉
l’m as free as the air.
我像空气一样自♥由♥
But the rest of us aren’t.
不过我们其余人不是
Can’t you remember that? No.
你不记得这点吗? 不
l never could.
我从不记得
l suppose you regret having got me invited here.
你一定后悔邀请我吧
l didn’t ask George to invite you.
我没有叫乔治邀请你
Oh. Well, then, who did?
哦,那是谁邀请我的?
l have people here l need to speak to.
我有事要和别人谈
You’ll be all right on your own? Yes, yes, perfectly.
你自己一个人没有问题吧? 完全没问题
l’ll drop by tomorrow for breakfast.
明早我会陪你吃早餐
Oh, yes.
好啊
Oh.
哦,
Oh, l say.
刚好
Thank you very much.
非常谢谢你
Just the one.
正是这个
Mr. Whale! Mr. Whale!
威尔先生! 威尔先生!
Mr. Whale. Mr. Kay.
威尔先生 凯先生
Bet you never thought you’d see me again. [ Laughs ]
您一定没有想 到还会再见到我吧
l didn’t know if you’d be well enough to come to this party. You didn’t?
我不确定您的健康允不允许您赴会 你不确定?
l’m the one who got you on Mr. Cukor’s guest list.
是我要求丘克先生邀请您的
You, Mr. Kay?
是你,凯先生?
But how do you know George Cukor?
你是怎么认识乔治.丘克的?
l interviewed him after l met you.
我采访完您就采访了他
l’m his social secretary now.
现在我是他的社交秘书了
Well, assistant to his secretary.
应该说是他秘书的助手
Yes, l commend you.
我要称赞你
lf you’re going to pursue poofs,
如果你要证明自己,
go after those who can do favors for you.
最好跟随有能力的人
You just waste everyone’s time when you court dinosaurs.
跟随没用的人是浪费大家时间
Don’t think like that, Mr. Whale.
不要这么想,威尔先生
l love your movies.
我爱您的电影
That’s why l wanted you to come– so l could see you with your monsters.
所以我想您来– 因为我想看到您和您的怪物一起
My monsters?
我的怪物?
Don’t go away. [ Giggles ]
不要走开
Uh, excuse me. Miss Lanchester, l Yes?
打扰一下,蓝克丝特小姐–
[ Whispers ] Elsa.
爱尔莎
Jimmy!
吉米!
Elsa.
爱尔莎
How are you? Mmm.
你好吗?
l saw Una O’Connor a few weeks ago.
我前几个星期见过尤娜.康乃
She said you’d been under the weather.
她说您最近身体不太好
Oh, well, nothing out of the ordinary. Getting old.
没什么大不了,只是老了
Nonsense! Ah, what’s our pesky friend up to now?
瞎说! 啊, 那个麻烦的小朋友又想干吗?
That’s Boren?
那是波瑞思吗?
Our little chum appears to be arranging a reunion. Oh, dear.
我们的小朋友好像准备了一个重聚会 哦,老天
Boris, darling. Elsa. Elsa!
波瑞思,亲爱的 爱尔莎,爱尔莎!
And James. James.
还有詹姆斯 詹姆斯
How good to see you. l didn’t know you were here.
见到你真好 我不知道你来了
These public revels are hardly up your alley.
这些公众的狂欢 不太和你的胃口吧
Actually, l’m here for the sake of Miranda,
其实,我是为了玛林达来的,
my great-grandniece.
我的曾侄外孙女
And what do you make of our royal visitant?
你觉得皇室的贵宾怎么样?
Perfectly charming. A real lady.
非常有魅力 一位真正的女士
What did you expect, a hussy in tennis shoes? [ Laughs ]
你认为会怎样, 一个穿网球鞋的轻佻女子吗?
Hey, you, with the camera. We got a historical moment here.
嘿,拍照的, 这里有个历史性的时刻
Come, get a picture of it.
过来, 把他拍下来
This is Mr. James Whale, who made Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein,
这位是詹姆斯.威尔先生, 《科学怪人》和《科学怪人的新娘》的导演
and this– forget the baby a second– is the Monster…
还有这位– 先别管那婴儿– 是怪物..
and his bride.
和他的新娘
Oh, Karloff. Right.
哦,卡尔罗夫
Don’t you just love being famous?
你怎能不爱出名的感觉?
[ Dr. Pretorius ] To a new world of gods and monsters.
为诸神与野兽的新世界干杯
Are you all right, Jimmy? Yeah. Yeah.
你还好吧,吉米? 好,好
Got it.
好了
[ Clay ] Mr. Whale.
威尔先生
Are you okay? l’m tired. l’m a bit tired.
您还好吧? 我只是有点累
Are you enjoying yourself?
你玩的开心吗?
No. Actually, l– l feel a little out of place here.
不,其实我在这里 觉得有点不自在
Well, neither of us really fits in here.
我们两个都不太适合这里
That must’ve been funny for you, seeing your monsters again.
刚刚一定很有趣吧, 可以再见到您的怪物
Monsters? The only monsters are here.
怪物? 唯一的怪物在这里
Oh, fuck. We left the top down.
哦,他妈的 我们把蓬放下来了
You wanna run for it? [ Whale ] ”Run for it”?
我们跑吧? 跑?
lt’s raining.
下大雨了
[ Woman ] Hurry! Hurry! – Whoo!
快!赶快!