[ Sighs ] Horning in on the Queen’s little sister,
巴结女皇的妹妹,
and then offering to share her with the whole damn Raj?
然后和所有人分享?
This is a world l finished with long ago.
这个世界已经离我很远了
l’ve paid them no mind, and l expect them to return the compliment.
我不关心他们,我想他们 对我的态度也会如此
Cheers.
干杯
l, uh, l watched your movie the other night with some friends.
我前几天晚上和 朋友看了您的电影
Did you, now? Yeah.
真的吗? 真的
Did anyone laugh?
有没有人笑?
No. Pity.
没有 可惜
People are so earnest these days.
现在的人们都太认真了
Why? Was it supposed to be funny? Yes, of course.
为什么? 它本该好笑的吗? 当然了
A picture about death, l had to make it interesting for myself, you see.
一部关于死亡的电影, 我必须为我个人把它拍的有趣点, 你明白吗
So, a comedy about death–
所以说,一部关于死亡的喜剧–
The trick is not to spoil it for anyone who’s not in on the joke.
秘诀就在于不要向看不懂 这笑话的人透露
But the monster never receives any of my jibes.
不过我从来没有嘲笑过那怪物
He’s noble. Noble and misunderstood.
他是高尚的 高尚但被误会
ln Korea, Mr. Boone,
布恩先生,在朝鲜时,
did you kill anyone?
你有没有杀过人?
l don’t like to talk about that.
我不想谈这件事
lt’s nothing to be ashamed of.
这没有什么好羞耻的
ln the service of one’s country, something to be proud of.
你是为国家效力, 是值得骄傲的
Any jerk with a gun can kill someone.
随便哪个混球拿着枪都可以杀人
Well, that’s true, yes.
这倒是真的
Hand-to-hand combat is the true test.
肉搏才是考验
Did you ever slay anyone handtohand? No.
你有没有在肉搏中杀过人? 没有
But l could have, though.
不过我可以
Yes, l believe you could.
是的,我相信你可以
How free is your schedule this afternoon?
你今天下午有空吗?
Well, l gotta trim the hedges, and then l got another lawn out on La Cienega.
我得修剪树篱, 拉西恩格区还有一个草坪要割
Suppose we say ”phooey” to the hedges.
如果说我们忘了那树篱
Can you spare an hour after lunch to sit for me?
午饭后你能不能腾出 一个小时陪我坐坐?
Um,
恩,
l can’t.
我不行
l’ll pay you our going rate, plus whatever you would have got for the hedges.
树篱的钱我会照付的
l-l just don’t feel like sittin’ still today.
我只是今天没有 干坐着的心情
All righty.
好吧
l understand.
我了解
You ever been married, Mr. Whale?
威尔先生,您结过婚吗?
No.
没有
Well, not in the legal sense.
至少法律上没有
What other sense is there?
那什么方面有?
Well, one can live as husband and wife without getting the law involved.
两个人可以像夫妻一样一起生活 并不需要结婚
So then you did have a wife?
这么说您有过妻子喽?
Or a husband, depending on which of us you asked.
或丈夫,要看你指我们哪一个
My friend David lived here for many years.
我的朋友大卫先生在这里住过几年
Oh.

Does that surprise you?
让你很惊奇吗?
No, um–
不–
You’re a homosexual.
您是同性恋
lf one must use the clinical name.
如果你坚持要用那个词的话
l’m not, you know.
我不是,你知道
l never thought you were.
我从不以为你是
You don’t think of me that way, do you?
你不会用那种眼光看我吧?
And what way would that be?
哪种眼光?
Well, the way that l look at women.
像我看女人的眼光
Oh, don’t be ridiculous.
哦,那太荒谬了
l know a real man like you…
我知道,像你这种男子汉..
would break my neck if l so much as laid a finger on you.
哪怕只是指染, 你都会把我的脖字拧断的
Besides, you’re not my type.
再说,你不是我喜欢那型的
So we understand each other.
那我们达成共识了
Hey. Live and let live.
嘿 待人宽, 人亦待己宽
l hope this has got nothing to do with your refusing to sit for me today.
我希望这不是你 今天拒绝陪我坐一会的原因
Oh, no. No, no.
哦,不,不,不
What are you afraid of, Mr. Boone?
你到底在怕什么,布恩先生?
Surely not a frail old man like me.
不会是我这个衰弱的老头吧
Tell me more about yourself, Mr. Boone.
多告诉我一些关于你的事,布恩先生
Have you a steady companion?
你有没有固定伴侣?
Not at the moment. Oh? Why not?
目前没有 哦? 为什么?
Well, ’cause l guess you gotta kiss ass just to get a piece of it.
因为要得到甜头你 必须低声下气
Nicely put.
说的好
A man’s gotta make up his life alone.
一个男人要独自 创造生活
A philosopher. Mmm.
一个哲学家 恩
Thoreau… with a lawn mower.
梭罗.. 带着割草机
l like it. Yes.
我喜欢
But do be careful, Mr. Boone.
不过布恩先生, 你要小心
Freedom is a drug, you know, much like any other.
自♥由♥像药一样, 和其他药一样
Too much can be a very bad thing.
吃多了总是无益的
ls that why you and, uh, your friend split up?
这是造成你和你朋友 分手的原因吗?
‘Cause he wanted to be free? Yes, l suppose.
因为他渴望自♥由♥? 对,我想是的
l know it’s why l stopped making pictures.
我知道那是让我停止拍戏的原因
You might not think it to look at me now,
你看我现在的样子可能想不到,
but there was a time when l was at the very pinnacle of my profession.
不过有段时期我曾经是这行业的矫矫者
The horror movies were behind me.
恐怖电影被我抛在身后
l’d made Showboat. Major success. Big box office.
我导演了《鬼怪船》, 空前成功, 票房♥一流
So now l was to do something important.
所以我决定拍一部有意义的电影
The picture was called The Road Back.
那部电影叫做《归途》
lt was an indictment of the Great War and what it did to Germany.
内容是关于对二战的控诉 和它对德国的影响
lt was going to be my masterpiece.
它本来会成为我的经典之作
What happened? The fucking studio butchered it.
发生了什么事? 那该死的制片厂把它毁了
They took the guts out of my picture.
他们把电影的精髓全都剪掉了
They brought in another director to add some slapstick…
隨便找了个导演, 加了些无聊透顶的情节..
and the movie laid an egg.
结果电影非常失败
A great, expensive bomb for which l was blamed.
巨大的失败, 代价惨重, 而后果确由我负责
And after that l was out of fashion.
从此后我就一蹶不振
l could no longer command the best projects, so l walked away.
我再不能控制最好的制♥作♥团队 所以我退出了
Why should l spend my time working in this dreadful business?
我没必要为那可怕的行业浪费我的生命
Do you miss it? Mmm.
那你还怀念那段日子吗?
Oh, it was all so long ago.
哦,但那是太久以前的事情了
Fifteen years.
十五年了
Making movies is the most wonderful thing in the world.
制♥作♥电影是世界上最美妙的事
Working with friends, entertaining people.
与志同道合的朋友合作,娱乐大众
Yes, l suppose l miss it.
对, 我想我怀念它
But l chose freedom.
不过,我还是选择了自♥由♥
David, of course, was still in the thick of it,
当然,大卫还很热衷于此道,
a life chockablock with anxiety and studio intrigue.
过着充满了阴谋和不安的生活
l didn’t fancy spending my golden years as ”the friend,”
我不整个黄金岁月都只和一个“朋友”,
so l finally drew down the curtain and closed the show.
所以我最终决定让关系告终
And, um,
然后,
when the fetters are loosened,
当所有束缚解开,
a certain hedonism creeps in, don’t you think?
快乐才能随之而来,对不对?
Oh, there was a time when this house was full of young men.
曾有个时期,这屋子有 很多年轻小伙子
Some of them even posed for me, right where you’re sitting now.
有很多还做过我的模特, 就坐你现在这个位置
Of course, they weren’t nearly so bashful.
当然,他们远没有你这样害羞
Oh, no, this studio was full of bare buttocks and pricks–
这工作室里,光屁♥股♥和阴♥茎♥随处可见–
Mmm. Hard, arrogant pricks.
坚硬,勃起的阴♥茎♥
Okay, just cut it out. Okay?
不要再说了,行不行?
lsn’t it bad enough that you’ve told me you’re a fuckin’ fairy?
告诉我你是个同性恋就够恶心了?
Now you’re gonna rub my face in it? l assure you, l didn’t mean
现在你还要说得那么详细? 我保证,我不是这个意思
Fuck this! l can’t do this anymore!
他妈的! 这工作我♥干♥不下去了!
From now on, l’m just the guy that cuts your lawn.
从现在开始,我只负责割草
Got it?
明白吗?
[ Man ] Jimmy?
吉米?
Come on, Jimmy.
来啦,吉米
Watch me dive.
看我跳水
[ Clay ] Hey, Harry. Set me up.
嘿,哈里, 来瓶酒
[ Clay ] Where’s Betty? [ Harry ] Took the night off.
贝蒂呢? 今晚请假
Heavy date.
有个重要约会
Some guy she’s had her eye on for a while.
和一个她已经看上很久的男人
Hey!
嘿!
Hi!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!