lt’s just like being at the doctor.
就像看医生一样
You have to remain perfectly still while l examine and scrutinize you.
当我仔细的检查你时,你必须一动不动
Dripping.
油膏
Huh?
啊?
Do you ever eat dripping in this country?
你在这个地方吃过油膏吗?
The fats from roast and such…
烘烤出来的脂肪..
kept congealed in a jar…
保存在罐子里凝固..
and then used like butter on bread and toast.
然后像黄油一样擦面包吃
Sounds like something you’d feed the dog.
听起来好像在喂狗
Yes, it is. Only the poorest families ever et it.
对,它就是 只有最穷困的家庭才会吃
We used to keep ours in a large, blue crockery jar.
我们以前都用一个大蓝瓦罐装
Your family ate, uh, dripping?
你家以前吃油膏?
Oh, of course not. No, no.
哦,当然不是
As l said, only the poorest families.
就像我说的,只有穷♥人♥才吃
Oh, God, it’s ironic.
天哪,真讽刺
What is?
什么讽刺?
l’ve spent much of my life outrunning the past,
我花了很多时间忘记过去,
and now it floods all over me.
现在它却像潮涌般回来
There’s something about the openness of your face that makes me want to tell the truth.
你脸上的坦诚让我忍♥不住说实话
Yes, our family et dripping.
对,我家吃过油膏
Beef dripping.
牛油汁
And four to a bed.
四个人睡一张床
And a privy out back in the alley.
厕所在后巷
Are you also from the slums, Mr. Boone?
你也出身于贫民区吗,布恩先生?
Well, we weren’t rich, but w-w-we weren’t poor either.
我们不是很富有, 不过也不太穷
No, well, you were middle-class, hmm?
那你家是中产阶级?
Like all Americans, hmm?
像所有的美国家庭,恩?
Well, l don’t know. l guess you could say we lived on the wrong side of the tracks.
我想你可以说我们生活在社会的令一面
Well, in Dudley, in the north of England,
在达德利,英国北部,
there were more sides to the tracks than any American could imagine.
那里的形形色♥色♥是美国人无法想像的
Every Englishman knows his place,
每一个英国人都知道他自己的身份,
and if you forget, there’s always someone to remind you.
如果你忘了,一定会有人来提醒你
Our family had no doubt about who they were,
我的家庭从来没有怀疑过自己的身份,
but l was an aberration in that household, a freak of nature.
不过我是家里比较失常的一个, 一只黑羊
l had imagination, cleverness, joy.
我机灵,快乐,充满幻想
Now, where did l get that?
那些是哪里来的?
Certainly not from them.
当然不是从他们身上
They took me out of school when l was 14…
我十四岁时,他们就要我离开学校..
and put me in a factory.
让我到工厂工作
They meant no harm.
他们没有恶意
They were like a family of farmers who’ve been given a giraffe…
他们就像一个得到一只长颈鹿的农民家庭..
and don’t know what to do with the creature except to harness him to the plow.
除了让它耕田之外,不知道该拿它怎么办
Hatred was the only thing that kept my soul alive…
憎恨是唯一支持我活下去的力量..
in that soul-killing place.
在那个天杀的地方
And amongst the men l hated…
在那些人中,我恨的..
was my own poor, dear, dumb father,
就是我愚蠢得可怜的父亲,
who’d put me into that hell in the first place.
是他把我推入地狱的
Mr. Whale?
威尔先生?
l apologize, Mr. Boone. l–
我道歉布恩先生,
Since my stroke,
自从我中风以来,
l am often overcome with nostalgia.
怀旧之情往往纠缠着我
Well, l’m not that crazy about the old man myself. You know what l mean?
我和我父亲感情也不是很好, 你懂我的意思吧?
Um–
恩–
Shall we just have a break for five minutes, hmm?
不如我们休息五分钟?
[ Woman ] Spooky movie. Just what this place needs tonight.
恐怖电影,非常适合今晚的气氛
Couldn’t get any deader, doll. Set me up.
不能更冷清了,宝贝. 来瓶酒
Your friend want one?
你朋友要不要来一支?
Yeah. One for what’s-his-name here.
是,给这位老兄也来一个
Thanks, doll.
谢谢你,宝贝
l say we let lover boy watch his movie…
不如让小帅哥看他的电影吧..
and be grateful he’s not cuttin’ Shirley Temple’s lawn.
还要感恩他割的不是秀兰.邓波儿的草地
Why is everyone breakin’ my balls tonight? Jesus, Boone.
为什么每个人今晚都要找我的岔? 天哪,布恩
You walk in here proud as a peacock…
你骄傲的像只孔雀一样来到这里..
’cause some old coot wants to paint your picture.
就因为一个老头子要画你
We’re just bringin’ you back to Earth.
我们只不过让你清醒清醒
Sounds screwy to me.
我听起来觉得不太妥
Can’t imagine a real artist wanting to spend time lookin’ at that kisser.
难以想像一个真正的艺术家愿意浪费时间在你脸上
Oh? Yeah?
哦?是吗?
Well, this kisser wasn’t so bad that you couldn’t lay under it a couple of times.
这张脸并不错,可惜你没能躺在我身下几次
l bet he’s just some fruit pretending to be famous…
我打赌那老头不过是在装名人..
so he can get into the big guy’s pants.
所以他能把你骗上♥床♥
What makes you say that? Just thinkin’ out loud.
你凭什么这样说? 只是随便想想
Well, just keep your dirty thoughts to yourself.
你那些肮脏的想法还是自己留着吧
All right, then. He’s interested in you for your conversation.
好吧,那他是对你的谈吐感兴趣
We all know what a great talker you are.
我们都知道你很会甜言蜜语
Fuck you.
操你
Not anymore, you don’t.
你以后都不会了
We’re watching the damn movie, Harry.
哈力,我们要看电影
We’re gonna watch the movie. Calm down.
我们一定要看那电影 冷静点
We’ll watch it.
我们会看的
James Whale!
吉米.威尔!
Right there. Huh? What’d l tell ya? Huh?
看看吧? 我怎么说来着?
[ Woman ] What should l do then?
我该怎么做?
No!
不!
This looks corny.
这个真是老土
lf you don’t wanna watch it, just go wash some glasses.
如果你不想看就去洗杯子
Good old Una.
老好尤娜
[ Screaming, Hooting ] – Gobbling like a turkey hen.
叫的像只母火鸡
Oh, that monster. How could you be working with him?
哦,那个怪物, 你怎么忍♥受跟他合作的?
Don’t be daft, Hanna. He’s a very proper actor.
别傻了汉娜, 他是个很不错的演员
And the dullest fellow imaginable.
也是个最呆的家伙
To a new world of gods and monsters. [ Laughs ]
为诸神与野兽的新世界干杯
[ Laughing ] [ Man On TV ] The creation of life is enthralling.
创作生命是迷人的
Simply enthralling, is it not?
真吸引人,对不对?
These old movies were such a hoot.
那些老电影真烂
They thought they were being scary, but they’re just funny.
他们以为拍的很恐怖, 其实很可笑
Maybe it’s supposed to be funny.
可能本来就应该搞笑的
Scary is scary. Funny is funny. You don’t mix them.
恐怖是恐怖. 搞笑是搞笑 不要弄混
Woman.
女人
Friend.
朋友
Wife.
妻子
Sick stuff. Necrophilia.
真恶心 恋尸狂
The monster’s lonely. He wants a friend. A girlfriend, somebody.
那怪物很孤单,他想要个朋友,女友, 随便谁陪他
What’s so sick about that?
那有什么好恶心的?
[ Man On TV ] Do you know who Henry Frankenstein is, and who you are?
你知道亨利.弗兰肯斯坦是谁吗? 你又是谁?
[ Monster ] Made me from dead. l love dead.
用死亡制♥作♥,热爱死亡
Hate living.
憎恨生命
[ Man On TV ] You are wise in your generation.
你是聪明的一代
[ Frankenstein ] lt’s beating perfectly.
呼吸很完美
[ Gasps ] Oh, she’s horrible.
哦,她真可怕
The bride of Frankenstein.
科学怪人的新娘
She’s beautiful.
她真美
[ Monster ] Friend?
朋友?
You don’t want him. [ Frankenstein ] l can’t leave them!
你不要他 我不能丢下他们!
Yes. Go. You live!
是,走 你要活!
[ Sniffs ] Ugh. l’m sorry, Mr. Jimmy.
对不起,吉米先生
Your movie is not my teacup. [ Finale ]
你的电影不适合我的品味
Still, glad it has a happy ending.
不过还是很庆幸 它有个大团圆结局
The bad people are dead, and the good people live.
坏人都死了, 好人还活着
My God!
我的上帝!
ls the audience to presume that Colin and l have done her hair?
观众会以为她的头发 是我和科林设计的吗?
l thought we were mad scientists, not hairdressers.
我还以为我们是疯狂的科学家, 不是发型师
Only a mad scientist could’ve done this to a woman.
只有疯狂科学家才能 为女人设计出这种发型
Oh, no, my dear. You look absolutely amazing.
哦,不,亲爱的 你看起来太惊人了
There’s no way l can compete with you. The scene is yours.
我完全没有办法跟你比 此刻属于你
ln the sequel, James,
詹姆斯,在续集里,
two lady scientists should make a monster,
两个女科学家应该 制♥作♥一个怪物
and our monster would be Gary Cooper.
我们的怪物应该是加里·库珀
l’d have thought Mr. Leslie Howard would be more your line.
我以为莱斯利·霍华德 比较合你胃口
[ Laughs ] – More your line, l think.
是比较合你的胃口吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!