Are these your paintings? Uh, yes. Yes.
这些是您的画吗? 是的是的
Excuse me, but, uh, are you famous?
冒昧问一下,您很有名吗?
Oh, well, you know what they say: lf you have to ask–
唉,你知道他们怎么说: 如果要问才知道–
Look, l’m just a guy who cuts lawns, but, uh,
看,我只不过是个割草的,
some of these do look familiar.
不过有些看起来的确很眼熟
That’s because they were familiar when l painted them.
那是因为我画它们时它们就已经出名了
The one you’re looking at is a copy of a Dutch still life…
你正在看的那幅是荷兰静物的副本..
done nearly 300 years ago.
有将近三百年啦
And there’s a Rembrandt here somewhere.
这里还有一幅伦勃朗的
Yeah, copies. l-l– l got ya.
是,是副本 我知道了
But before l retired, you might say l had my time in the sun.
我退休以前,也有过一些风光的日子
Fame, as it were.
名望,就是这样
Tell me, do you like motion pictures? Yeah, sure. Everybody does.
告诉我,你喜欢电影吗? 当然,每个人都喜欢
Why? Were you an actor? Oh, good Lord, no!
为什么,你是个演员吗? 哦天哪,不!
No– Well, actually, l was, in my youth.
不–其实我年轻时是
But never in Hollywood, no, no.
不过从来不是在好莱坞
No, here l was merely a director.
这里我不过是个导演
Really?
真的?
What were some of your movies? Oh, this and that.
您导过些什么电影? 哦,都有一些
The only ones you may have heard of are the Frankenstein movies.
你唯一听过的可能是《科学怪人》系列吧
Frankenstein? And, um, uh, Bride of Frankenstein?
科学怪人? 还有科学怪人的新娘?
And Son of, and the other ones too? Uh, no.
还有那些其他的也是? 不不
l-l just directed the first two. The others were done by hacks.
我只导了头两部,其他都是别人代拍的
Yeah, but still, l mean, th-those were big movies.
不过那些都是大♥片♥啊
You must be rich. Merely comfortable.
你一定很有钱 过的去而已
Look, Hanna’s here with our refreshments. Could you get the door?
看,汉娜拿饮料来了,可以帮她开门吗?
Y-Yeah. Uh–
好的
How are you feeling, Mr. Jimmy?
吉米先生,您觉得怎么样?
How’s your mind today?
您的头怎么样?
My mind is lovely. And yours?
我的头好极了,你的呢?
Uh, remember what the doctor tells us.
不要忘记医生的叮嘱
Yes, yes, yes. l have invited Mr. Boone in merely for a cup of tea.
是的是的,我只不过请布恩先生喝杯茶而已
We’ll have a brief chat, and then he’ll finish the yard.
我们随便聊聊,他就继续工作了
l am not forgetting your last ”brief chat.”
我还没有忘记您上次的”随便聊聊”
Will you go away? We can manage.
你走吧,我们自己来
He looks plenty big.
他看起来很壮
He won’t need my help if anything goes ”flooey.”
出了什么状况他一定不用我也应付的来
Go.
出去
Avaunt.
走开
Comic maid.
搞笑女仆
No, she’s a love, Hanna.
不,汉娜很可爱
But when they’re in your employ too long, servants begin to think they’re married to you.
不过佣人帮你工作了太久, 就会以为她们已经嫁给你了
Please sit down, and do help yourself, Mr. Boone.
请坐,布恩先生不要客气
So, what did she mean by things going all ”flooey”?
那”出了什么状况”她是指什么?
l’m recently returned from a spell in hospital.
我最近才从医院出来
What happened? Nothing serious.
发生什么事? 没什么大不了的
Touch of stroke.
中风
Huh.

You must excuse my staring,
你一定要原谅我盯着你,
but you have the most marvelous head.
不过你有一个不可思议的头型
Huh? To an artistic eye.
啊? 在一个艺术家的眼中
Have you ever… modeled? What, you mean, like, posed for pictures?
你有没有作过模特? 你是指照相摆姿势?
Sat for an artist? Been sketched?
让艺术家临摹?
[ Laughs ] What’s to sketch?
有什么好临摹的?
You have the most…
你有一个..
architectural skull.
最符合建筑的规范的头型,
And your nose, it’s… very expressive.
还有你的鼻子,非常具有表现力
Broke is more like it. Mmm.
穷小子还差不多
Oh, sorry to go on like this.
哦,抱歉我喋喋不休
lt’s just the Sunday painter in me.
只是我的艺术细胞
l quite understand your refusal.
你的拒绝我能理解
lt’s a great deal to ask of anyone.
这对任何人来说都是个很大的要求
You mean, you really want to draw me?
你是说,你真的想画我?
l would pay for the privilege of drawing that head.
我愿意出钱画你那颗头
lt’s just my head you want to draw? Nothin’ else?
你只想画我的头? 没有别的?
And what are you suggesting?
你在暗示什么?
That you’ll charge extra if l include a hand or a bit of shoulder?
如果包括手和肩膀要额外收钱吗?
No, l mean, you don’t wanna…
不,我的意思是 你不是想..
draw pictures of me in my birthday suit, do you?
你不是要画我的裸体吧?
l have no interest in your body, Mr. Boone.
布恩先生,我对你的身体没有兴趣
l can assure you of that.
这点我可以保证
Well, uh-[ Chuckles ]
恩,那..
Yeah. Why not?
对,为什么不呢?
l mean, hell, l could use the money.
哎,好吧,那钱我用得着
Excellent.
太好了
Here are the trade papers you wanted.
这是您要的商务报
Hello? Hi. l know you already paid me.
哈喽,我知道你已经复过我钱了
l’m just here to The master is waiting for you.
我来是为了 主人正在等你
He’s down in his studio.
他在他的工作室
Here. Take this with you.
那,这个拿着
Uh, l’m sorry, lady. You’re gonna have to take this.
对不起女士,这个你得自己拿
l’m just here so he can draw my picture.
我的工作只是让他画
l’m keeping away. What you are doing is no business of mine.
我要离远点,你在这里干嘛不管我的事
What are you talking about? What kind of man are you? Are you a good man?
你在说什么? 你是个怎么样的人? 你是个好人吗?
Yeah. Something about me make you think l’m not?
是啊,有什么令你觉得我不是吗?
You will not hurt him? l’m gonna sit in a chair, and he’s gonna draw my picture.
你不会伤害他? 我会坐在椅子上让他画
You will not hurt him? l’m gonna sit in a chair, and he’s gonna draw my picture.
你不会伤害他? 我会坐在椅子上让他画
ls that gonna hurt him?
那会伤害到他吗?
No.
不会
l’m sorry.
对不起
Forget everything l said. l will take the tray.
忘了我说过的话,盘子我来拿
Yeah, you do that.
好,你来吧
Ah, Mr. Boone. Come into my parlor.
布恩先生,请到会客室来
Ah, Hanna. Good.
汉娜,好的
Thank you.
谢谢
And, Hanna, good-bye.
汉娜,再见
Now, l’m sure you’d like to wet your whistle while l work. Hmm?
我工作时你一定想喝点东西吧?
Oh. Beer.
哦,啤酒
And we’ll take it, uh, slowly today…
今天我们慢慢来..
because this is your first time modeling.
因为这是你第一次当模特
Oh, hey, did you see this? Hmm?
哦,你有没有看到这个? 恩?
They’re showing one of your movies tomorrow night. You don’t say.
明晚会播放一部您的电影 真的吗
Which picture? Uh, Bride of Frankenstein.
哪一部? 《科学怪人的新娘》
Ah. Mmm.

No, l much prefer The lnvisible Man or Showboat.
我比较喜欢《隐形人》或《鬼怪船》
Right. Now, shall we begin?
好,我们开始吧?
Yeah. l’m, uh– l’m ready when you are.
是,我随时可以
Oh, that shirt, Mr. Boone. Hmm?
哦,布恩先生,那件衣服 恩?
Oh, it’s new.
哦,是新的
Yes, l-l am sorry. lt’s just too white. lt’s too distracting.
不好意思,不过它太白了 让我很难集中
W-W-Would it be asking you too much to take it off?
如果说让你脱了会不会很过分?
Well, l’m not wearing an undershirt today.
但我今天没有穿汗衫
Oh, pish posh. l’m not your Aunt Tillie. [ Laughing ]
哎真是,我又不是你的泰里丽阿姨
You did say that you just wanted to draw my face, right?
你说过只是想画我的脸,对不对?
Oh, well, if it’s going to make you feel uncomfortable,
如果让你觉得不舒服就算了,
perhaps we can find something else for you to wear.
我们或许可以帮你找件别的换上
Now, um–
看看–
Yes, we could drape this across your shoulders like a toga.
对,可以把这个像宽袍一样搭在你肩膀上
Would that help you overcome your schoolgirl shyness?
这样可以帮你克服女学生似地羞涩吗?
All right, all right.
好吧,好吧
l’ll take the shirt off.
我把上衣脱了
Kinda warm in here anyway.
反正这里挺暖和的
Oh, yes. That’s better.
对,这样好多了
Now–
现在–
And if you’d like to sit slightly sideways… to me.
你斜斜的对着我坐
That’s right. And then just put your arm on the box there.
就是这样, 把你的手放在那个盒子上
Just so.
就是这样
Why don’t you take a picture? lt’ll last longer.
你为什么不拍张照片呢, 可以保留久一点
That’s exactly what l’m going to do.
我正准备那样做
[ Mutters ] Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!