l thi–
我想–
That’s funny, Mr. Whale.
威尔先生,您真幽默
Yes, it is, isn’t it?
的确是的?
My life as a game of strip poker.
我的人生就像一个脱衣扑克牌游戏
Shall we play?
我们开始吧?
So the rumors are true then.
这么说那些流言是真的
Oh? What rumors would those be?
哦? 哪些流言?
That you were forced to retire…
您是被迫退休的
because of, um, a sex scandal.
因为一个性丑闻
A homosexual scandal, you mean.
你是指一个同性恋丑闻吧
For me to answer a question of that magnitude,
要我回答一个那么有难度的问题,
you’ll have to remove both your shoes and socks.
你要把鞋和袜子都脱了
You’re a dirty old man.
您是个老色鬼
Oh.

Oh, it is kind of you to indulge your elders in their vices,
你可以包容老人家的恶习,真是好人
just as l indulge the young in theirs.
就像我包容他人的不成熟
No, there was no scandal.
不, 并没有丑闻
My only other vice.
只不过是我的恶习
l expect you’d like a fuller answer to that question.
你一定想知道更详细的答案吧
lt’ll cost you your jacket.
代价是你的外套
Too warm for a jacket anyway.
反正现在穿外套太热了
You must understand how Hollywood was 20 years ago.
你必须明白二十年前的好莱坞是什么样子的
lf you were a star nobody cared a tinker’s cuss who you slept with,
只要你是明星,没人在乎你跟谁睡过
so long as you kept it out of the papers.
不要让媒体发现就行
As for us directors, well, outside Hollywood who even knows who George Cukor is,
至于我们这些导演, 出了好莱坞,谁知道乔治丘克是谁
much less what he gets up to with those boys from the malt shops?
更别提他和那些麦芽店男孩子
George Cukor? Who made A Star is Born?
乔治丘克? 《一个明星的诞生》的导演?
Take off your shirt, and l’ll tell you all about it.
把你的上衣脱了, 我就全都告诉你
George is famous for his Saturday dinner parties.
乔治的周六晚餐派队很出名
Great writers, artists, society folk,
杰出的作家, 艺术家, 社会人士,
all rubbing elbows with Hollywood royalty.
全都和好莱坞有关联
But how many of those oh-so-proper people…
可是又有多少这些正人君子..
know about the Sunday brunches that follow?
知道周日的午餐会呢?
Armies of trade eating up the leftovers,
像军队一样吃完剩菜,
followed by some strenuous fun and frolic in the pool. [ Snickers ]
然后再在泳池里来些热烈的嬉戏
Can we talk about the horror movies now?
我们现在能谈谈恐怖电影了吗?
Certainly.
当然好
ls there anything in particular that you want to know?
有什么你特别感兴趣的吗?
Will you tell me everything you remember…
您所记得的所有关于《科学怪人》的事。
about making Frankenstein?
关于《科学怪人》的制♥作♥吗?
[ Whispers ] Ohh.

Can that count as one question?
那也算是个问题吗?
Of course. l can’t believe l’m doing this.
当然 真不敢相信我会做这种事
Just like going swimming, isn’t it?
就像在游泳一样是不是?
Well, maybe you’d like a swim when we’re through.
等我们结束,或许你想游个泳
l don’t swim myself, so the pool tends to go to waste.
我不游泳, 所以浪费了泳池
Okay. Frankenstein.
好.《科学怪人》
Who came up with the monster’s makeup and look?
怪物的造型和化装是谁设计的?
Oh, my idea, mostly, from my sketches.
哦,大多是从我的素描来的
Big, heavy brow.
浓重的眉毛
The head flat on top so you could take out the old brain and put in the new…
头顶是平的,方便把旧脑子取出,放新脑子进去
like tinned beef.
像罐头牛肉
[ Laughs ] He’s one of the great images of the 20th century,
他是二十世纪最经典的形象之一
more important than the Mona Lisa.
比蒙娜丽莎还有影响力
Oh, don’t be daft.
哦,别傻了
lt’s just makeup and padding and a big actor.
他只不过是一些特效化装和一个大块头演员
lt’s hardly the Mona Lisa.
不能和蒙娜丽莎相提并论
Boris Karloff.
鲍里斯卡洛夫
How did you ever think of casting him as the Monster?
为什么选择他演怪物?
He’d never even starred in a movie before that.
之前他没有演过任何电影
Mr. Whale?
威尔先生?
ls something the matter?
您怎么了?
[ Grunts ] – Mr. Whale?
威尔先生?
Please excuse me.
不好意思
Are you all right?
您还好吧?
Just…
只是..
need to lie down.
需要躺一下
Studio. There’s a day bed in the studio. [ Gasps ]
画室…画室里有张床
Oh, my God. Mr. Whale, wh-what’s wrong? ls it your heart?
哦天啊,威尔先生 您…您怎么了? 是您的心脏吗?
No, head, not heart.
是头,不是心脏
Water. Glass is in sink.
水,杯子在水槽里
Which ones? l bring them all.
哪一瓶? 我全都拿过来了
Luminal.
鲁米诺
Mr. Kay, you’re not dressed.
凯先生,你没穿衣服
l was gonna go swimming.
我本来准备游泳的
So you were.
是这样啊
Mmm. You should probably go home.
你或许该回家了
You must think l’m terrible, Hanna.
汉娜,你一定觉得我很坏吧
l don’t think you’re anything anymore.
我不知道该怎么想您了
Just back from the hospital, already you’re chasing after boys.
刚出院就开始搞男孩子
Oh, shut up. All we did was talk.
哦,闭嘴 我们只不过在聊天
Perhaps l should get you uphill before the pills knock you cold.
药效发作前我先扶您上楼吧
No, no, no, no, no. Please, no.
不,不,不,请不要
Let me stay here.
让我留在这儿
Thank you.
谢谢
[ Gunfire Continues ] [ Man ] Quiet on the set, please.
片场请安静
[ Father ] You’re a disgrace! [ Man ] Mr. Whale?
你是个耻辱! 威尔先生?
[ Mother ] Jimmy, privy needs cleanin’. – Mr. Whale.
吉米,厕所该洗了’ 威尔先生
Open your eyes.
张开你的双眼
Now look left.
看左边
That’s right. And breathe out.
就是这样,然后呼气
Good. Let’s see what we’ve got.
好,让我们看看结果
You’re a lucky man, Mr. Whale.
威尔先生,你是个幸运的人,
Whatever damage was done by your stroke,
中风造成的伤害
it left your motor abilities relatively unimpaired.
并没有影响你的行动能力
Yes, Dr. Payne, but what about from the neck upwards?
是,培恩医生,可是颈部以上呢?
What’s the story there? That’s what l’m trying to explain.
那里又怎么样? 我正想对你说明这件事
The central nervous system selects items…
中枢神经从无数的感应器官中..
from a constant storm of sensations.
选择特定信息
Whatever was killed in your stroke…
你这次病发..
seems to have short-circuited this mechanism.
破坏了身体的这个机能
So you’re saying there’s an electrical storm going on inside my head.
你是说,我的脑子里现在正如雷电交加
Well, that’s as good a way as any to describe it.
那样的描诉很贴切
l’ve seen far worse cases. What about all the rest?
我见过很多更坏的情况 其他的那些症状呢?
The killing headaches. The phantom smells.
致命的头疼和嗅觉的幻觉
My inability to close my eyes…
连眼都不能合
without thinking of a hundred things simultaneously.
几百个念头同一时间出现在我的脑海
l’ve never encountered the olfactory hallucinations before, but l’m sure they’re related.
我从来没有碰到过嗅觉上的幻觉, 但他们一定有关系
So, what do l do? Take the Luminal to sleep…
我现在该怎么办? 服用鲁米诺帮助你入眠..
and whenever you feel an attack coming on.
还有当你觉得不舒服的时候
What you’re saying is that this isn’t just a case of resting until l’m better,
你是说,这不是休息就能好转这么简单的问题,
but that my condition will continue to deteriorate until the end of my life.
这些病状会不停的恶化,直到我死为止
You will take them all, Mr. Jimmy.
吉米先生,这些都要吃光
Yes. Don’t you worry, Hanna.
不用担心了汉娜
Good night. Thank you.
晚安 谢谢
Ohh! Oh! [ Whispers Prayer ]
哦!哦!!!
Ohh! [ Continues Praying ]
哦!
[ Clay Whispers ] Shit.
该死
Everything all right, Mr. Boone?
一切都好吧,布恩先生?
Yeah, sorry. l didn’t mean to disturb you. lt got away from me.
对不起,我并不想打扰您,可机器失控了
l was just going to buzz Hanna to bring down some iced tea.
我刚想叫汉娜那些冰茶来
l’d like it very much if you’d join me.
如果你可以和我一起喝,我会很高兴的
l kinda stink to high heaven right now.
我现在身上很臭
Let me ask Hanna to bring tea for two.
让我叫汉娜拿两人份的冰茶
Or would you prefer a beer?
还是你想喝啤酒?
Uh, no. Thanks. But tea is fine.
哦不用了,冰茶就好,谢谢
Splendid.
太好了
Come in, Mr. Boone.
布恩先生请进
This is my workshop, my studio.
这是我的工作室和画室
Hardly somewhere where a sweaty workman should feel out of place.
一个满身大汗的工人应该觉得宾至如归的地方

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!