我进预备队了
I made the reserve squad.
-太好了 -我的试训只剩下一个星期了
-Oh, that’s great. -I’ve only one week left on my trial.
这场比赛至关重要 如果我踢好了 经理一定会留下我的
This game is make-or-break. If the boss sees me do well, he’ll keep me on.
-我肯定他一定会的 -等等 你替纽卡斯尔踢球?
-I’m sure he will. -Do you play for Newcastle?
-是的 -那好 替我签个名吧
-Yeah. -Well, sign your name on that.
好的
OK.
过不了多久 他们就会蜂拥而至要你的签名了
They’ll all be asking for your autograph soon.
那会让你觉得不舒服吗? 你对球员是不是有什么成见?
Will that bother you? What is your problem with footballers?
我对足球没什么成见 我对名声有成见
I don’t have a problem with football. It’s fame I have a problem with.
都是我爸的错 他以前是一个昙花一现的摇滚乐队成员
It’s my dad’s fault. He was in a rock band that got hot for five minutes.
-不是吧?我知道吗? -估计不会 我那时才3岁
-No way. Would I know him? -I doubt it. I was only three.
总之 问题是有些球员让我联想起他来
Anyway, the point is, some of the players remind me of him.
一分钟前他们还是和蔼可亲 单纯直爽
One minute they’re nice, uncomplicated guys
一分钟后他们就变成了暴发户 对家里人不管不顾
and the next they’re ridiculously rich arseholes who walk out on their families.
对我们不管不顾的是我妈妈
It was my mother who left mine.
-为什么? 发生什么事了? -我爸从来不说
-Why? What happened? -My father never talks about it.
我能记得的只有他怒气冲冲 借酒浇愁的样子
All I remember is his anger and his drinking.
他从来都不看我踢球
He’s never seen me play.
我爱这个 我爱足球
I love that game. Love football.
每次放学或是星期天做完礼拜 我都会去踢球
Every night after school and Sundays after church, I’d play.
我唯一希望的就是能有那么一天
All I hoped was that one day,
足球能成为我生命的全部
football could be my whole life.
那为什么跑大老远过来踢球?
Why did you have to come so far to make it happen?
这个问题 只有上帝才能回答
For that, you have to ask the saints.
你干嘛不告诉他 奶奶?
Why don’t you tell him, Grandma?
告诉我什么?
Tell me what?
圣迪亚哥给我打过电♥话♥
Santiago called me.
他听起来很开心
He sounds very happy.
告诉他比赛的事
Tell him about the game.
他明天晚上有一场比赛
He’s playing tomorrow night
作为预备队员
for the reserve team.
才去了三个星期就能上场踢球 多神奇啊 不是吗?
After just three weeks, that’s fantastic, no?
他像个小偷一样溜走 连声再见也不说
He left like a thief, without saying goodbye.
我♥干♥嘛要关心他?
Why should I care?
小伙子们 坐下 听好了
Ey-up, lads. Sit down. Pay attention.
戴格的肌键没有完全康复 他只能踢半场
Dagger’s hamstring is holding up, so we’ll give him a half.
圣迪亚哥 你来踢右翼
Santiago, I want you on the right flank.
盯紧对方的8号♥ 他可是个滑不溜手的混♥蛋♥
Track the number eight. He’s a slippery bugger.
-我一会跟你详细解释 -杰米
-I’ll translate that for you later. -Jamie.
你来盯他们的两个前锋
I want you to slot in behind the two strikers.
记住 不要让他们乱了你们的阵脚
Remember, don’t let ’em panic you into playing football.
-加油 -对头 加油 我们走
-Howay. -Right. Come on. Let’s go.
让我们去给他们点颜色瞧瞧 伙计们
Let’s kick some arse, fellas.
快来 哥们 我们走 上场了
Come on, boys. Let’s go. Let’s do this.
预备队比赛 纽卡斯尔联队对曼联
Reserve Game Newcastle United VS Manchester United
搞什么鬼?
What’s that?
他是怎么回事?
What’s wrong with him?
好了 垒人墙 大家快点过来
Right. Let’s have a look. Let’s have you back.
杰克 怎么样? 圣迪亚哥 过来
Jackie, how are we? Santiago. Get back.
哥们 你是不是得穿件红球衣啊? 你真是让人♥大♥吃一惊
Here, mate. Do you wanna put on a red shirt? You’re having a shocker.
你还好吧?
You all right?
-我觉得够了 -我想你是对的
-I think that’s enough. -I think you’re right.
加油
OK.
去 先去洗澡吧 孩子
Go and get yourself an early bath, son.
你是怎么了? 你受伤了?
What’s the matter? Are you hurt?
昨晚去市里疯了?
Been out on the town?
你是不是瞒着我什么 孩子?
Is there something you want to tell me, son?
好吧
OK.
我不明白 圣迪
I don’t know, Santi.
我知道你技巧熟练
I know you’ve got the skill.
但可能你是不习惯这边的踢法 或是跟不上英式足球的节奏
But maybe you don’t have the pace or the stamina for the English game.
也许你还是回洛杉矶踢球比较好吧
Maybe you’d be better off playing back in LA.
我不得不让你走了 孩子
I’m gonna have to let you go, son.
-你是? -洛兹住这里吗?
-Yes? -Does Roz live here?
洛兹 找你的
Rosie, it’s for you.
上帝 妈妈 我现在没法见人
Oh, God. Mam, I’m a wreck.
你就是从洛杉矶过来的那个小伙子?
Are you the young man from LA?
是的 圣迪亚哥
Yes. Santiago.
-她马上就下来了 -谢谢
-She’ll be down in a minute. -Thank you.
-要不要喝点什么 宝贝? -不用了 谢谢
-Can I get you anything, pet? -No, thank you.
我以前去过洛杉矶 那时候我老公的乐队在巡演
I went there years ago when my husband’s band was on tour.
我们住在日落大道的凯悦饭店 那时候还叫洛伊特饭店
We stayed at the Hyatt House on Sunset. Called it the Riot House in those days.
-你不是约了朋友吗? -不着急
-Aren’t you meeting your friends? -No mad rush.
很高兴见到你 圣迪亚哥
Nice to meet you, Santiago.
很高兴见到你 夫人
Nice to meet you, ma’am.
-我喜欢这个名字 -赶紧走吧你
-I love that name. -Off you go.
-怎么了? -我撒谎了
-What’s wrong? -I lied to you.
身体♥检♥查的时候
At the physical.
-我有哮喘 -好的 那么 你告诉他们了吗?
-I have asthma. -OK, well, have you told them?
如果我说了 他们是不会给我踢球的机会的
If I had, they wouldn’t have given me a trial.
-那就现在告诉他们 -来不及了
-So tell them now. -Too late.
-他们开除我了 -天哪
-They fired me. -Oh, Sant.
对不起
I’m so sorry.
我是过来说再见的
I came to say goodbye.
-你要走了? -明天
-You’re leaving? -Tomorrow.
为什么这么急?
Why so soon?
如果不能踢球 我在这里有什么用?
-I don’t belong here if I’m not in the team.
这个 你可以找另外一支球队试试
Well, you can find another team.
我想我以前…
I guess I was just…
我以前真是太傻了 一直妄想自己能成功
I was just dumb to think I could make this work.
-最惨的是我让关心我的人失望了 -不
-Worst thing is I’ve let people down. -No.
-谁啊 宝贝? -格兰
-Who, pet? -Glen.
我的奶奶 我的奶奶
My grandma. My grandma.
每个球员都会经历失败
This happens to players all the time.
这也是足球的一部分
It’s part and parcel of the game.
不 我们…
No. We…
我们还不怎么了解对方
We hardly know each other.
妈的
Shit.
-你不是… -不是
-Aren’t you… -No.
我知道为什么上周他们把你换下场了 你真差劲
I can see why they took you off last week. You’re shite.
跟阿米塔姐妹鬼混了?
Been shagging them Armitage sisters?
你又不是第一个了
Well, you’re not the first.
-天堂出租车公♥司♥ -我要辆车 尽快 我是佳文·哈里斯
-Paradise Taxis. -I need one. Urgent. This is Gavin Harris.
我还是柯林特·伊丝伍德呢 别开玩笑了
And I’m Clint Eastwood. Make my day.
我没跟你开玩笑 真的是我 我要辆车 马上
But I’m serious. This is me. I need a ride, pronto.
-你在布莱克劳附近吗? -怎么?
-Are you anywhere near Blakelaw? -Why?
佳文·哈里斯被困在那里了
Gavin Harris is stuck on the estate
他打电♥话♥过来叫车 急得不行
and needs a car, desperate.
我已经拉了个客人了
I’ve already got a fare.
他可是首发阵容的 兄弟 以最快速度赶过去
He’s first team, man. Get there ASAP.
得绕个道了 小伙子 名人有难啊
Gotta do a detour, bonny lad. Celebrity in peril.
你是从洛杉矶来的那个小子吧? 你怎么也没去训练啊?
You’re that kid from LA? You going to training as well?
-没有 我得去车站 -为什么?
-No, I have to get to the station. -Why?
-我搞砸了 -路上再告诉我吧
-I screwed up. -Tell me about it on the way.
又迟到了 真不知道老大会怎么收拾我
I don’t know what the gaffer will do if I’m late.
你真是佳文·哈里斯?
So you’re Gavin Harris?
-是我 -你真差劲
-Guilty. -You’re shite.
我已经听过了 快来 圣迪
So I’ve heard. Come on, Santi.
恕我直言 老大 多汉姆先生
With all due respect, gaffer, Mr Dornhelm,
如果让这个小伙子走人 这会是俱乐部的一大损失
the club will be making a big mistake if they let this lad go.
我和他一起踢过球 也和他对战过
I’ve played with him, I’ve played against him.
我知道他的能力 其他人也都知道
I can see he’s got it. So can all of the other lads.
-我的意思是 技术上说… -怎么?他比你要强?
-I mean, technically… -What? He’s better than you?
这个
Well.
他可是预备队的
He’s in that league.
昨天晚上因为没了呼吸器他才表现失常
What happened last night was he lost his inhaler.
他有哮喘 可怜的孩子
He’s got asthma, for God’s sake.
这是真的?
Is this true?
是的 先生 我一直想瞒着你们
Yes, sir, but I tried to hide it.
撒谎是个问题 但哮喘不是
Lying is a problem. Asthma is not.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!