You talk funny.
你讲话很有趣
So do you.
你也是
You gonna let a black player play from the get go?
你要用黑人球员打球?
I don’t see color. I see quick, I see skill, and that’s what you have.
我不介意肤色 我介意速度 介意技术 这些你都有
And that’s what I’m putting on the court.
这是我用人的标准
So, what is this team, anyway?
那么 这是支什么球队
All right, that New York recruiter, Hilton White.
去纽约的招募人员希尔顿·怀特
He’s got three boys up there now. They’re just playground kids.
他现在已经找到3个人 都是露天场地里打球的
He said they could play with anybody.
他说他们随便和谁打都无所谓
Every one of these players you’re looking at is colored, Don.
你找的球员都是黑人 唐
How many are you recruiting?
你一共谈了多少人
We need seven players on this team who can put it in the hole and rebound.
我们要找7个能得分和抢篮板的
Now, if they’re colored, well, fine.
如果他们是黑人 那也不要紧
Well, then now, Coach, let me try to paint you a little picture.
教练 我要给你打打预防针
There are no coloreds playing Division One basketball in the South.
南方的第一分赛区的球队 都是白人球队
Not in the SEC, not in the ACC and not in the SWC.
到处都是这样
But you go and put seven of ’em on our team.
你却要在队里放7个黑人
Am I losing my hearing? Do I need a darn hearing aid?
我失聪了吗? 我该不是要去买♥♥助听器了
No, Ross. I intend to win.
不是这样 罗斯 我只是想赢球
Shoot. You carrying on like Negroes gonna be the future of basketball.
你这样仿佛黑人是篮球运动的未来
Could you imagine that?
你觉得可能吗?
There are rules. Unwritten rules.
这里面是有规矩的 不成文的规矩
You play one at home, two on the road and three if you’re losing.
主场可以上1个 客场2个 垃圾时间3个
Lord have mercy. Loadin’ up on Negroes, that just ain’t done.
上天是仁慈的 正在改善黑鬼的待遇 不过现在还没到时候
You gonna put your career at risk, my career at risk and Moe’s career at risk.
你这样是在拿我们仨的饭碗开玩笑
If that wasn’t bad enough, we ain’t even got enough gas money to get home.
这还不算最糟 我们回家的油钱不够了
Ain’t it lucky you don’t got to worry about that?
你很走运 不用担心这个
‘Cause you’ll be out on the first bus to New York tomorrow.
因为你要乘明天头班汽车去纽约
You’re sending me there for schoolyard players? You gotta be out of your mind.
你让我去考察打野球的 你疯了吧
And who’s paying for all this, if you don’t mind me asking?
不介意的话 我想知道谁负责路费
You wanna win. You gotta recruit. That’s how the big boys do it.
你想赢球就得招新 行家就是这么干的
It was a good game, man.
今天打得真爽
Hey, kid, you got a minute?
孩子 你有时间吗
Mama baked a pie. One piece left, it’s got my name all over it.
妈妈烤了馅饼 留了块等我回去吃呢
Hey, kid, you got a minute?
孩子 你有时间吗
You know that guy? What? No.
你认识那个人吗 啥? 不认识
Kid, you got a minute?
孩子 你有时间吗
Run. Run!
快跑
Hey, Charlie!
嗨 查理
Hey, Mama. You’re not gonna believe what just happened to me and Alvin.
妈妈 刚才我和埃尔文碰到的事 说出来你也不信
Almost got jumped by a couple of crackers.
差点被2个白人杂碎缠上
I’m just dying for a piece of that…
我等不及要吃…
pie. Ma’am, this pie is so good,
馅饼 夫人 馅饼很好吃
it makes me mad at my mama.
这让我想起我母亲
This is Mr. Haskins. He come all the way from El Paso, Texas.
这是哈斯金斯先生 他从德州埃尔·帕索来
He want you to play basketball on a scholarship.
他希望你能接受篮球奖学金去念书
Texas? To get lynched?
去德州? 遭人白眼吗?
Now, El Paso’s not like the rest of Texas. It’s, um…It’s more cosmopolitan.
埃尔·帕索和德州其他地方不同 那里海纳百川
Pops already got me a good job at the factory…
爸爸已经在工厂里给我找了份好工作 收入不错
I always wanted an education for Harry. They got schools here.
我一直想让哈里接受高等教育 本地也有学校啊
I don’t feel comfortable sending my boy that far away
我对于送孩子去外地
and trusting him to a stranger.
托付给陌生人 不大放心
I know. I understand. I will look after him like he’s one of my own.
我理解 我会视如己出般待他
You ate my pie. We’re church people around here.
你吃了我的馅饼 我们家是虔诚教♥徒♥
Are you?
你呢?
I won’t lie. I hadn’t been to church in so long,
我不想撒谎 我好久没去教堂了
I can’t remember which day of the week it falls on.
我不记得是哪个礼拜开始的
I’m ashamed to say I’m… I’m just a wretch.
很惭愧 我是个被遗弃的人
Well…
其实
We all fall short. And we’re saved by grace.
我们都一样 上天会宽恕我们
Tell me more about El Paso. No, Mama. Mama, come on, now.
跟我说说埃尔·帕索 不要 妈妈 别这样
It’s lovely, ma’am. It’s right on the banks of the Rio Grande. It’s a little oasis.
好地方 夫人 在里奥格朗德的山坡上 是块绿洲
Nah.
不要
I got plenty of offers. Yeah?
我收到的邀请够多了 是吗?
From who? Duke? Kansas?
哪里? 杜克还是堪萨斯
I’m playing for the Globetrotters. It’s probably for the best.
我为哈林篮球队打球 这有可能是最佳选择
You’re better off with the Trotters playing its team of patsies every night.
你的移♥动♥方式玩懦夫篮球 再合适不过
You can’t get past an average defender in our league with that fancy dribble of yours.
大学♥联♥赛里的普通球员 都可以防住你的花哨脚步
Man, no offense, but that’s bull.
无意冲撞 不过这才是真正的打球方式
Hey, brother, no offense, but without work,
无意冲撞 不过用脚趾头也可以想到
I don’t think you’d get past a beat up old timer like me.
你连我这样的老家伙也过不掉
Get past you?
过你?
I would go past you, through you, over you, under you, around you.
我想怎么过你就怎么过你
As a matter of fact, I’ll spin you like a top,
我可以把你耍得团团转
eat your lunch, steal your girl and kick your dog at the same time.
随便用什么方式都行
Get past you.
过了你
Come on, Orsten! Hey, come on.
加油 奥斯滕 加油
Do your thang.
用你拿手的绝活
You fouling me. You call that a foul?
你犯规 你管这叫犯规?
My three year old calls that a love tap.
我三岁的孩子管这叫爱抚
Ooh! Come on, man.
怎么这样
Hey, hold it, hold it.
停一下 停一下
You expect me to react to all that head shake and body gyration?
你指望我吃你所有的假动作
It’s activity without accomplishment.
无用功
You got the ball in front of you. You ain’t going anywhere without it.
球在你身前 你非守着球不可
Try this. It’s called a rocker step. You ready? Get in your stance.
试试这个 叫作摇步 准备好了吗 摆好姿势
OK?
好了吗?
The difference between me and you is I got the ball protected.
我和你的区别是我护住球了
It looks like I’m starting to dribble, so you react, and when you do,
看上去我要运球了 所以你动了 你动了以后
cross over, dribble right by you.
横向移♥动♥从你右边过了你
Try it. It’s simple, but it’ll make that pretty little shot of yours work.
试试 很简单 但是可以让你的 投篮技术得到发挥的空间
First time. There it is.
初次练习 算不错了
Excuse me!
打搅一下
I’m looking for three guys. Uh…
我找3个人
Names of Nevil Shed,
叫内维尔·谢德
Willie Worsley and Willie Cager.
威利·沃斯利和威利·凯奇
They’re colored boys. You know them?
他们是有色人种 你们认识吗
Did he say “colored”? He said what I think he did.
他说”有色”? 我想我没听错
Yeah.
是的
And I don’t think he was talking about no television set, neither.
我想他也不是在说电视机的颜色
He got a nice car.
他有辆好车
These New York kids may be from the street, but they sure can play.
这几个纽约的小伙子也许是混混 但他们球打得不错
Little guard plays like a giant.
小个子后卫打球才华横溢
Forward runs like an antelope. Never seen anything like him.
前锋快得像羚羊 没见过这样的人
How long till you can have ’em out? A week maybe.
你要多久能把他们带来 大概一个礼拜
How’s it with Lattin? These boys play big, but they ain’t big.
拉丁那边进展如何? 那种人牛气冲天 本事倒没啥
You want me to fill this thing up?
你需要我加油吗?
I called his coach, but he run me off.
我找了他的教练 不过他跑了
I still got one more roll of these dice, though.
我还可以想想办法
And one more little thing, Don.
还有件事情 唐
I had a little misunderstanding here.
我这里有点小麻烦
Do you think you could wire me another hundred dollars?
你能再汇100元给我吗?
Where on earth’s this coach taking us?
这教练要把我们送到 地球的哪里去啊
I don’t think we’re even on earth anymore, brah.
我想我们已经身处外星了
Say, Willie. Yeah.
威利 干吗
You got a dime? For what?
你有硬币吗 干吗
I gotta call my mama. Tell her I’m an astronaut.
我要打电♥话♥给妈妈 跟她说我上太空了
Looks like we’re the first black men on the moon.
我们大概是首批登月的黑人
What’s this dead stuff on the side of the road?
路边的死尸是什么动物
Players from last year’s team trying to crawl back to New York.
大概是去年的球员 想爬回纽约未果
We driving into hell, plain and simple.
显然我们进入的是地狱
El Paso, Texas! Ain’t no place like it.
德州埃尔·帕索 别处可没这样的地方
Big ol’ west Texas sun shining down about 330 days a year.
一年有330天阳光明媚
Yes, sir, you’re in God’s country now.
你们来到的是上帝之国
If this is God’s country, obviously the good Lord don’t want no neighbors.
如果这是上帝之国 显然上帝不想要邻居
Say, man, this place looks like Bonanza.
这里很像博南萨
Hey, look, just smile at ’em and say “howdy.”
对他们笑着说”您好”就行
Howdy.
您好
To him you gotta say “hole ah.” Like this, see.
对他你要说”霍拉” 像这样
Hole ah.
霍拉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!