Shaw.
坐下
Sit down.
上校 有什么事吗?
Well, colonel, what can I do for you?
请将我和我的部队 调到作战指挥部
You can give me and my regiment a transfer to combat command.
办不到 上校
Couldn’t do it, colonel.
你们在这里太有用
You’re much too valuable to my operations here.
我可以坐下吗?
May I sit?
谢谢 少校
Thank you. Major.
我已经写信给我父亲…
I’ve written a letter to my father…
…要他对安德鲁州长…
…asking him to press Governor Andrew…
…和林肯总统施加压力
…and President Lincoln.
但我们不需要这么麻烦 是吧?
But I don’t have to wait for all that, do I?
蒙哥马利上校 请把烟灰缸拿过来 好吗?
Colonel Montgomery, would you bring that ashtray over here?
你说我们对你们太有用?
But valuable to your operations here, do you say?
是你们的强取豪夺 还是杀烧掳掠?
Your foraging, your depredations?
我已经见识了你们在这里的行径
Yes, I’ve become quite a student of your operations in this region.
蒙哥马利上校下令在科巴席…
Thirty- four mansions, I think it was, pillaged and burned…
…掠夺及烧毁了34栋房♥舍?
… under Colonel Montgomery’s expedition of the Combahee.
偷运了四千捆绵花到北方…
Four thousand bales of cotton smuggled through the lines…
…而且货款…
…with payment to parties unknown…
…是给你的
…except by you.
假造后勤申请单
False quartermaster requisitions.
佛诺布少校看到了副本
Major Forbes here has seen the copies.
没错
Yes, indeed.
你们也将充公的财物 当做私人物品运至北方
Along with confiscated valuables shipped north as personal baggage.
要我继续吗?
Shall I go on?
你还有得说吗?
Can you?
我可以把你们两个呈报上去
I can report you to the War Department.
没错 我可以这么做
Oh, yes. I can do that.
让我派你和你的部队去作战吧
Let you take your regiment out to fight.
这就是你们要的?
That’s what you want, isn’t it?
向我证明你们的能力?
Show what they can do.
– 何时? – 你还真心急啊 不是吗?
– When? – You are bright- eyed, aren’t you?
何时?
When?
只要给我时间写命令就好了
Just as soon as I can write the orders.
少校
Major.
1863年7月16日 南卡罗莱纳州詹姆士岛
依连队排好 快!
All right, company, in a line. Double- quick!
好 形成开火队形 这边
All right, men, form a firing line. Over here.
在这边形成开火队形
Form a firing line right here.
前排跪下!
Front rank, kneel!
稳住!
Steady, boys!
大队开火!
Firing by battalion!
– 瞄准! – 瞄准!
– Aim! – Aim!
开火!
Charge!
开火!
Fire!
停火! 装子弹!
Cease- fire! Recover!
他们来了!
Here they come!
– 重新上膛! – 上子弹 上子弹!
– Reload! – Reload! Load!
– 上子弹 上子弹! – 快!
– Load it! Load it! – Quickly, men!
– 准备! – 准备!
– Ready! – Ready!
– 瞄准! – 瞄准!
– Aim! – Aim!
准备好 准备好
Get ready. Get ready.
开火!
Fire!
– 上子弹! – 上子弹!
– Reload! – Reload!
快
Quickly.
– 自♥由♥开火! – 自♥由♥开火!
– Fire at will! – Fire at will!
继续开火!
Pour it in!
往前冲!
Charge!
当心 当心!
Look out, boy! Look out!
开火!
Fire!
他们逃跑了!
They’re turning tail!
胆小鬼 逃吧!
Run, you Rebs!
又一次胜利!
Another victory!
好个前哨浴血战 队长
Deploy skirmishers, captain.
– 重整军队! – 重整军队!
– Re- form your ranks! – Re- form your ranks!
归队 归队!
Form up! Form up!
排两排!
Fall in! On the double!
– 归队! – 汤玛斯!
– Form company! – Thomas.
你好吗 上校?
How do, colonel?
很痛吧?
Hurts, doesn’t it?
我真羡慕你
Well, I’m extremely jealous.
你很快就可以回波士顿了…
You’ll be back in Boston before me…
…坐在火炉前看小说 …
…sitting by the fire, reading Hawthorne…
…来杯好咖啡
…cup of decent coffee.
我不回去
I’m not going back.
汤玛斯! 听着 你中弹了 你必须回去
Thomas, listen to me. You’re shot. You have to go back.
罗伯 答应我…
Robert, promise me…
…你们不会送我回去
…that you won’t send me back.
答应我!
Promise me.
好吧
All right.
好吧
All right.
萧上校!
Colonel Shaw!
– 这是怎么回事? – 你还没有听说吗?
– What is all this? – You haven’t heard?
李将军在盖兹堡吃了败仗
Lee was turned back in Pennsylvania at Gettysburg.
而葛兰特终于攻下维克堡 而且还是在7月4日
Now Grant’s taken Vicksburg and all on the Fourth of July.
– 我的天啊! – 是啊
– My God. – Yeah.
说不定战争在圣诞节前 就可以结束
I know. It looks like it’ll all be over by Christmas.
– 他们表现如何? – 出色极了
– So how did they do? – Splendid. Just splendid.
– 有伤亡吗? – 42个人
– Any casualties? – Forty- two.
告诉我详情 让我传回报社
Oh, give me the details. I’ll wire it in.
我不觉得会出版
I don’t think we got a prayer of making the paper.
我们稍候再谈
I’ll talk to you later in your tent.
别拘束
As you were.
– 你叫崔普对吧? – 是的 长官
– Trip, isn’t it? – Yes, sir.
你昨天表现出色 崔普
You fought very well yesterday, Trip.
罗林斯建议我你该被嘉奖
Sergeant Rawlins has recommended that you receive a commendation.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
是的 我想你应该掌军旗
Yes, and I think you should bear the regimental colors.
不…
Well…
这是个无上的光荣
It’s considered quite an honor.
为什么不肯?
Why not?
嗯 我是…
Well, I’m….
我有话想说 长官 但是…
Wanting to say something, sir, but I….
有话直说吧
Go ahead.
好吧 因为…
All right. See…
…我不是为了你…
… I ain’t fighting this war…
…而打仗 长官
…for you, sir.
我明白
I see.
这场战争到底有什么意义?
I mean, what’s the point?
不会有人赢的 只是无尽的杀戮
Ain’t nobody gonna win. It’s gonna go on and on.
– 我们不会一直打下去的 – 但是不会有人赢的
– It can’t go on forever. – But ain’t nobody gonna win.
总有一方会赢
Somebody’s gonna win.
谁?
Who?
我的意思是 你 你会回到你在波士顿的大房♥子
I mean, you, you get to go on back to Boston, big house and all that.
那我们怎么办?
What about us?
我们得到什么?
What do we get?
若我们一输 你们就一无所有
Well, you won’t get anything if we lose.
你打算怎么做?
What do you wanna do?
我不知道 长官
I don’t know, sir.
我想情况应该很糟吧
It stinks, I suppose.
是的
Yeah.
糟透了
It stinks bad.
而我们全都是这么糟 没人能脱身
And we all covered up in it too. I mean, ain’t nobody clean.
若能脱身的话就好了
Be nice to get clean though.
我们要怎么做?
How do we do that?
我们尽力而为 长官
We ante up and kick in, sir.
但我还是不要掌军旗
But I still don’t wanna carry your flag.
要拿下查尔斯顿…
No one will ever take Charleston…
…就必须先攻下保护港口的碉堡
…without first silencing the forts which protect its harbor.
我们首先就要攻下前面的华格纳堡
And the first one that must be taken is that: Fort Wagner.