但我担心我的表现能力不足
But I am afraid I shall show that I am not of much account.
我不希望因为自己的软弱 阻碍他们的发展
I don’t want to stand in their way because of my own weakness.
我想念萧恩岛上的圣诞节…
I miss Christmas on the Shaw Island…
…和海洋的味道
…and the smell of the sea.
罗伯
Robert.
我是汤玛斯
It’s Thomas.
我只想说…
I just wanted to say….
我只想说…
I wanted to say….
圣诞快乐 罗伯
Merry Christmas, Robert.
圣诞快乐 汤玛斯
Merry Christmas, Thomas.
你是萧 对吧?
You’re Shaw, aren’t you?
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
我叫肯德瑞克 我是后勤补给官
Kendric, division quartermaster.
这家伙叫哈奇斯
This sorry piece of work is Haggis.
他是专门写请款单的
He writes vouchers.
– 很高兴认识你 – 很高兴认识你
– Pleasure. – Pleasure.
– 那里情况如何? – 很好 谢谢你
– How’s it going down there? – Oh, very well. Thank you.
一切都很好 那些军官 又在策划下一次大灾难
That’s all right. Brass are all up to division, planning the next disaster.
我们都是你的朋友
You’re among friends.
你想他们还撑得了多久?
How much longer do you figure they last?
听说很多兵都逃了 每次十个
I hear they’re deserting, 10 at a time.
你的消息不正确
Oh, you’re misinformed.
– 我们没有逃兵 – 知道吗?
– We haven’t had a single incident. – See?
那些黑鬼从来没有 过过这种好日子
I figure the nigs never had it so good.
一天三餐 还有地方遮风避雨
Three square a day, a roof over their heads.
他们一定知道 自己永远不会上战场
And they gotta know that nobody’s gonna let them fight. Am I right?
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
听着 如果你需要任何东西
Listen, if there’s anything you need.
– 比如说好酒什么的? – 是的 事实上我两个礼拜前…
– A bottle for the cold nights? – Yes, actually, I put in a requisition…
…申请了一批鞋子…
…for some shoes two weeks ago…
…却毫无下文
…and I haven’t heard anything.
以战备来说…
Well, provisionally speaking…
…目前我们的鞋子十分短缺
…we’re extremely limited as to footwear.
你要求的东西恐怕要留给…
I’m afraid that kind of item has to be reserved…
…比你们更有能力…
…for those units whose fighting readiness…
…上战场的部队
…supersede yours.
我确定 你明白我的意思
You understand, I’m sure.
是的 我明白
Yes, I understand.
– 失陪 – 明天到我办公室来一趟
– Excuse me. – Oh, stop by tomorrow.
我手上有一些美味的果酱
I have got my hands on the most delicious local jam.
– 桃金香果酱? – 是蓝梅
– Myrtle berry, isn’t it? – Blueberry.
没错
Oh, right, right.
很高兴认识你 萧
Nice meeting you, Shaw.
好个呆瓜!
Twit.
– 对不起 长官 – 什么事?
– Excuse me, sir. – What is it?
我们抓到一名逃兵
We’ve caught a deserter.
老天! 这次情况不妙了
Oh, lordy, this is bad.
他们不会枪决他? 会吗?
They ain’t gonna shoot him, is they?
不会
No.
不会有事的
It’ll be all right.
对吧?
Won’t it?
快点排好队!
Re- form your ranks!
– 快点排好队! – 快点排好队!
– Re- form your ranks! – Re- form your ranks!
排好 保持安静
Fall in. Quiet in the ranks.
队伍中保持安静!
Quiet in the ranks!
瑞特 替他松绑 脱掉他的外套
Right. Untie his hands and take off his coat.
犯人已经准备好了 长官
The prisoner is in position, sir.
这是什么?
What is this?
犯人要当众受鞭刑
The prisoner is to be flogged before the entire regiment.
罗伯 不要用鞭刑 不要这样对他们
Robert, not with a whip. Not on them.
– 失陪 士官长 – 请便 长官
– Excuse us, Sergeant Mulcahy. – At your pleasure, colonel.
千万别在他们面前 质疑我的权威
Never question my authority in front of others.
对不起 主人 从现在开始您是老大…
Well, I is sorry, massa. You be the boss man now and all us chilluns…
– …必须学着如何服从您 – 佛诺布少校! 立正
– … must learn to obey. – Major Forbes, stand at attention.
莫凯士官长
Sergeant Mulcahy.
开始吧
You may commence.
动手吧
Proceed.
立正!
Attention.
罗林斯先生
Mr. Rawlins.
今天早上我….
This morning I…
如果能够不时和你讨论 弟兄们的情况…
It would be a great help if I could talk to you…
…对我会很有帮助
…about the men from time to time.
就这样
That’s all.
鞋子 长官
Shoes, sir.
弟兄们需要鞋子 长官
The men need shoes, colonel.
我知道 我已经找了后勤军官
Yes, I know. I’ve been after the quartermaster for some time now.
不 长官 现在就需要
No, sir. Now.
那名逃兵是为了 要替自己找双新鞋
The boy was off trying to find hisself some shoes, colonel.
他想要上战场…
He wants to fight…
…和我们一样
…same as the rest of us.
也许更殷切
More, even.
所有的人都是这样吗?
All of the men, like this?
是的 大部份
Yes. Most of them.
是的 大部份
Yes. Most of them.
早安 上校
Good afternoon, colonel.
还是决定来拿酒了吗?
You change your mind about that bottle I was talking about?
我要六百双鞋 一千两百双袜子…
I want 600 pair of shoes and 1200 pair of socks…
…还有其它你不愿意 给我们的东西
…and anything else you’ve been holding out on us.
你这个人♥渣♥
Piece of rat filth.
我很愿意给你 少校 但是手上真的没有
I’d love to help you, colonel, but we just don’t have any.
是不愿意给黑人吧?
Not for niggers, you don’t.
– 谁要都没有 – 太可惜了
– Not for anybody. – I see. Pity.
我只好四处找找 是不是你把它们放在别的地方
I’ll just have a look around, see that you haven’t misplaced them.
嘿
Hey.
嘿!
Hey!
它们在哪? 浑帐!
Son of a bitch!
– 浑球! 你不能… – 不能吗?
– Damn it, you can’t… – Can’t I?
我是个上校 你这个浑球
I’m a colonel, nasty little cuss.
你为了好玩 就可以让7百名士兵…
You really think you can keep 700 Union soldiers…
…打赤脚吗?
…without proper shoes because you think it’s funny?
– 那个动力是哪来的? – 好 好 别激动
– Where would that power come from? – All right, all right. Calm down.
来 喝口酒
Look, have a drink.
喂 你们打赤脚的! 赶快来这!
Hey, you barefoot men, come on out here!
上来这里
Got something for you.
鞋子! 鞋子!
Shoes! Shoes!
这里
Have a pair.
这里有一双 那里有一双
Here’s a pair there. One pair of shoes here.
这里有一双 这里有一双鞋子
Here’s another pair. One pair per customer.
史都华? 你有没有需要什么?
Steward, is there anything you need?
– 没有 长官 – 随时向我报告情况
– No, sir. – Keep me informed.
是的 长官 我会的
Yes, sir. I will.
肩挺枪!
Shoulder arms!
长官
Sir.
这是作战指挥部来的
From the War Department.
有没有什么办法?
Can anything be done?
– 他们都有妻小 – 我知道
– They’ve got families. – I know.
我们稍后再寻正规管道抗♥议♥
We’ll protest this through channels later on.
– 连队注意 – 是的 长官
– Attention, battalion. – Yes, sir.
全连立正!
Attention, battalion!
你们在这军团当兵的人…
You men enlisted in this regiment…
…你们入伍时获知…
…on the understanding…
…自己的薪饷是…
…that you would be paid the regular Army wage…
…一个月13块
…of $13 a month.
但今天早上我接获通知说…
This morning I have been notified…
…因为各位是黑人…
…that since you are a colored regiment…
…所以你们薪饷是一个月10块
…you will be paid $10 a month.
不公平 说好了13美元
That ain’t fair. They said 13.
解散前去领饷吧
Regiment, fall out by company to receive pay.
– 你去哪里 小子? – 去领钱
– Where you going, boy? – To get paid.
10块钱很多耶
Ten dollar, a lot of money.