Even the insolent Senator Gracchus was silent as a mouse.
连傲慢的格瑞克斯议员也没出声
Why?
为什么
I have been told of a certain sea snake
我听说有一种海蛇
which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey.
用非常特别的方法来诱捕猎物
It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as ifwounded.
它会假装受伤 躺在海底
Then its enemies will approach,
接着它的敌人会渐渐的靠近
and yet it will lie quite still.
它会继续躺着不动
And then its enemies will take little bites of it,
接着敌人会开始慢慢的咬它
and yet it remains still.
但它还是一动不动
So,
那么
we will lie still,
我们要不动声色
and let our enemies come to us and nibble.
耐心等待我们的敌人上钩
Have every senator followed.
让所有的议员也自投罗网
Cicero, my old friend.
西斯洛 我的老朋友
I thought perhaps I’d seen you for the last time.
我以为再也见不到你了
I thought you were dead. Close.
我以为你死了 差不多
How long have the men been in Ostia?
军团驻扎在奥斯亚有多久了
All winter.
整个冬季
And how do they look? Fat and bored.
他们的状况如何 整天吃饱了无所事事
Who’s in command? Some fool from Rome.
指挥官是谁 从罗马来的白♥痴♥
How soon do you think they could be ready to fight?
他们最快要什么时候才能准备好
For you, tomorrow.
为了你 明天
I need you to do something for me.
有件事我需要你帮忙
Come, see, witness.
各位 快来看
If you haven’t been in the arena, you can see the show here.
如果你没去竞技场的话 你能在这里看见当时的情景
Giant Maximus is defeating our emperor, Commodus.
马西墨斯快要打败我们的皇帝康莫德斯了 我们该怎么办
What are we to do? He’s just defying everyone,
他藐视每一个人
by doing this to him, they do.
我们该怎么办
My goodness!
我的天啊
He got him, he’s defeated. Give way!
他赢了 让路
My lady? I served your father at Vindobona.
公主陛下 我在凡度巴纳侍奉过你父亲
Back. My lady.
退后 我的夫人
I served your father at Vindobona.
我在凡度巴纳服侍过你父亲
Back!
退后
And I served General Maximus. I serve him still.
我也服侍过马西墨斯将军 我现在还为他服务
Stop.
停下来
Stop!
停
Stand back.
退下
The general sends word, he will meet your politician.
将军让我带个口信 他愿意见你说的政♥治♥家
For your loyalty, soldier. Thank you, my lady.
士兵 奖赏你的忠诚 谢谢 夫人
Leave us.
出去吧
Senator Gracchus.
格瑞克斯议员
General.
将军
I hope my coming here today is evidence enough
我希望今天我来这里能够
that you can trust me.
使你信任我
The Senate is with you? The Senate?
元老院和你的立场一致 元老院
Yes. I can speak for them.
是的 我能代表他们
You can buy my freedom and smuggle me out of Rome?
你能帮我获得自♥由♥偷偷把我运出罗马吗
To what end?
你打算干什么
Get me outside the city walls.
把我送到城外去
Have fresh horses ready to take me to Ostia. My army is encamped there.
准备好马匹让我去奥斯亚 我的军队在那里扎营
By nightfall of the second day, I shall return at the head of 5, 000 men.
我会在第二天傍晚率领五千名士兵回来
But the legions all have new commanders,
但军团的新指挥官
loyal to Commodus.
全都效忠于康莫德斯
Let my men see me alive, and you shall see where their loyalties lie.
只要我的部下看到我还活着 你就知道他们效忠谁了
This is madness.
简直太疯狂了
No Roman army has entered the capital in 100 years.
百年来罗马军队从未进入过首都
I will not trade one dictatorship for another!
我不愿意引狼入室
The time for half measures and talk is over, Senator.
议员 已经没时间商量权宜办法了
And after your glorious coup, what then?
在你光荣的政♥变♥之后又将如何
You’ll take your 5, 000 warriors and leave?
你会带着五千名士兵离开罗马
I will leave.
我会离开
The soldiers will stay for your protection,
士兵们会留下来保护你们
under the command of the Senate.
受元老院的指挥
So,
换言之
once all of Rome is yours, you’ll just give it back to the people?
一旦罗马被你控制以后 你会将它交还给人♥民♥
Tell me why.
告诉我原因
Because that was the last wish of a dying man.
因为那是某人临死前最后的期望
I will kill Commodus.
我会杀了康莫德斯
The fate of Rome I leave to you.
罗马的命运就交给你了
Marcus Aurelius trusted you.
马可·奥勒留信任你
His daughter trusts you.
他的女儿信任你
I will trust you.
我也会信任你
But we have little time.
但我们时间紧迫
Give me two days,
给我两天时间
and I will buy your freedom.
我会想办法使你获得自♥由♥
And you,
而你
you stay alive,
你千万要活下去
or I’ll be dead.
否则我就死定了
Now we must go.
我们得走了
He’ll be waiting for you. Stand at the foot of the colossus.
他会在等你 站在斗兽场脚下
He’ll find you.
他会找到你
It won’t work.
不可能成功的
The Emperor knows too much.
皇帝对一切都了如指掌
And as for me,
对我来说
it’s becoming dangerous.
形势越来越危险了
You’ll be paid on my return.
我回来后会酬谢你的
I give you my word.
我向你保证
Your word? What if you don’t return?
保证 你不回来的话怎么办呢
Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo?
你还记得信任别人的感觉吗 普罗西莫
Trust?
信任
Who am I to trust?
有谁值得我信任
I will kill Commodus. Why would I want that?
我会杀死康莫德斯 对我有什么好处
He makes me rich.
他给我带来财富
I know that you are a man of your word, General.
我知道你是个信守承诺的人 将军
I know that you would die for honor.
我也知道你愿意为荣誉而死
You would die for Rome.
你愿意为罗马而牺牲
You would die for the memory of your ancestors.
愿意为祖先的名誉而死
But I, on the other hand,
但我 换个角度说
I’m an entertainer.
我不过是个表演艺人
Guard!
守卫
He killed the man who set you free.
他杀了还你自♥由♥的那个人
Praetorians, master.
大人 是禁卫军
Halt!
停
Where have you been?
你去哪里了
I sent for you.
我派人去找你
Please, brother.
弟弟 别疑神疑鬼了
What’s troubling you?
什么事让你烦心
Does Gracchus have a new lover?
格瑞克斯是不是有了新爱人
I don’t know.
我不知道
I thought you’d seen him.
我以为你见过他
He infects everyone like a putrid fever.
他象伤寒一样影响着每个人
For the health of Rome, the Senate must be bled.
为罗马着想 必须要牺牲元老院
And he will bleed, too.
他也不能幸免
Very soon.
时机成熟了
But not tonight.
不要选在今晚
Do you remember what our father said once?
还记得父亲曾说过的话吗
“It’s a dream,”
“一场梦”
“a frightful dream,”
“生活就是”
“life is.”
“一场噩梦”
Do you think that’s true?
你觉得他说的对吗
I don’t know.
我不知道
I think it is.
我认为是真的
And I have only you to share it with.
而我只能和你分享
Open your mouth.
张开嘴
You know I love you.
你知道我爱你
And I love you.
我也爱你
Out. Get out!
出去 滚出去
Move!
快点
Congratulations, General.
恭喜你 将军