There are some politicians who have dedicated their lives to Rome.
有些政♥治♥家为罗马奉献出全部的心力
One man above all.
他们有个领袖
If I can arrange it, will you meet him?
如果我出面安排 你愿意和他见面吗
Do you not understand?
你到底明不明白
I may die in this cell tonight, or in the arena tomorrow. I am a slave!
我只是个奴隶 随时随地都有可能丧命
What possible difference can I make?
我又能改变些什么呢
This man wants what you want.
这个人有和你一样的目的
Then have him kill Commodus!
那就让他去杀了康莫德斯
I knew a man once,
我曾经认识一个人
a noble man.
一个高尚的人
A man of principle who loved my father,
他不但有原则 而且还敬爱我的父亲
and my father loved him.
我的父亲也爱他
This man served Rome well.
这个人为罗马贡献良多
That man is gone.
那人已经死了
Your brother did his work well.
你弟弟干的很成功
Let me help you.
让我帮你
Yes, you can help me.
对 你能帮我
Forget you ever knew me, never come here again.
忘了我们曾经相识 再也不要来这里看我
Guard! The lady is finished with me.
守卫 这位夫人要离开了
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字
Julian Crassus.
朱利安·克拉苏
Name?
名字
Marcus, sire.
马可斯 陛下
My father’s name.
跟我父亲同名
They must have known of Maximus’ escape,
他们在发现马西墨斯逃走时
when they found the bodies of the four men.
一定可以找到他们四个的尸体
They thought it was a barbarian raid.
他们以为是野蛮人突袭
These are good men, sire. Loyal to the Emperor.
他们是好人 陛下 他们忠于皇上
Load your arrows!
搭箭
Prepare to fire!
准备放箭
Then perhaps it was you who knew,
又或者是你知道
and never told me.
而不告诉我
I didn’t know. You didn’t know?
我并不知道 你不知道
But a general is always in control.
但将军永远有控制权
Always in command, isn’t he?
永远是命令者 不是吗
Yes, Caesar.
是的 凯撒
Then give the command. Say it.
那下命令吧 快说
Fire.
放箭
Maximus.
马西墨斯
You commanded legions? You had many victories?
你指挥过军团 你打过很多胜仗
Yes. In Germania?
是的 在日耳曼
In many countries.
在很多国家
General.
将军
You have a great name.
你已经出名了
He must kill your name before he kills you.
在杀你之前他得先羞辱你的名声
Yes, at the far end.
没错
Senator Gaius. Hello.
盖尔斯议员 你好
Senator Gracchus.
格瑞克斯议员
Don’t often see you enjoying the pleasures of the vulgar crowd.
很难得看见你出现在这种龙蛇混杂的地方
I don’t pretend to be a man of the people, Senator,
我不会假装和人♥民♥打成一片
but I do try to be a man for the people.
但我会做个为人♥民♥说话的议员
Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar!
凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒
People of Rome!
罗马的人♥民♥
On the fourth day ofAntioch,
今天是安提俄克战役的第四天
we can celebrate the 6♥4♥th day of the games.
同时也是竞技庆典的第6♥4♥天
And in his majestic charity,
在他的仁慈下
the Emperor has deigned this day to favor the people of Rome
皇帝决定赐予罗马人♥民♥
with an historical final match.
一场历史性的决战
Returning to the Colosseum today, after five years in retirement,
在退休五年后 重回竞技场
Caesar is pleased to bring you
凯撒很高兴为大家请到
the only undefeated champion
罗马历史上
in Roman history,
唯一的不败冠军
the legendary Tigris of Gaul!
来自高卢的传奇的底格里斯
He knows too well how to manipulate the mob.
他太清楚该如何操纵观众
Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo.
马可·奥勒留的梦想是建立一个全新的罗马 普罗西莫
This is not it. This is not it!
但新罗马不应该是这样的
Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus.
马可·奥勒留已经死了 马西墨斯
We mortals are but shadows and dust.
我们只是凡夫俗子 一切终归尘土
Shadows and dust, Maximus!
一切终归尘土 马西墨斯
Representing the training lyceum ofAntonius Proximo,
让我们隆重介绍
Caesar is proud to give you
代表普罗西莫训练会馆的
Aelius Maximus!
马西墨斯
They embrace him like he’s one of their own.
他们把他当成自己人 敞开双臂欢迎他
The mob is fickle, brother. He’ll be forgotten in a month.
观众是很善变的 弟弟 不出一个月就会忘记他的
No, much sooner than that.
错了 用不了那么久
It’s been arranged.
一切都安排好了
We who are about to die salute you.
角斗士向你致敬
We’re with you, Maximus!
我们支持你 马西墨斯
Fight on, finish it!
上啊 打败他
Pull, pull!
用力拉
Loose! Loose!
放开 放开
Gut him! Kill!
杀了他 杀
Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
杀 杀 杀 杀 杀 杀 杀 杀
Kill! Kill!
杀 杀
Maximus the Merciful!
仁慈的马西墨斯
Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!
马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯
Forward, arms at ready!
前进 攻击队形
What am I going to do with you?
我该拿你怎么办
You simply won’t die.
为什么你不去死
Are we so different, you and I?
我们之间的差异真有这么大吗
You take life when you have to, as I do.
必要时你也杀人 就象我一样
I have only one more life to take. Then it is done.
只剩下一个人我非杀不可 然后我的责任就完成了
Then take it now.
那现在就动手啊
They tell me your son
他们告诉我你儿子
squealed like a girl when they nailed him to the cross.
在被钉上十字架的时候象女孩子一样在尖叫
And your wife
还有你妻子
moaned like a whore
在被他们蹂躏的时候
when they ravaged her again and again
象妓♥女♥一样在呻♥吟♥
and again.
一次又一次呻♥吟♥着
The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end,
你呼风唤雨的日子很快就要结束了
Highness.
陛下
General! General!
将军 将军
General! Cicero!
将军 西斯洛
General! Where are you camped?
将军 军队在哪里扎营
Ostia.
在奥斯亚
We love you, Maximus! Praise the victor!
我们爱你 马西墨斯 赞美胜利者
Tell the men their general lives. Find me.
告诉大家我还活着 来找我
Move along! Find me!
快走 来找我
Can they hear you?
他们可以听到你的祈祷吗
Who? Your family, in the afterlife.
谁 你在黄泉的家人
Yes. What do you say to them?
会的 你跟他们说什么
To my boy,
对我的儿子
I tell him I will see him again soon,
我告诉他 我们很快就能见面了
and to keep his heels down when he’s riding his horse.
骑马的时候记得脚跟要压低点
To my wife,
对我妻子
that is not your business.
那不关你的事
And now they love Maximus for his mercy.
现在观众反而敬爱马西墨斯的仁慈
So I can’tjust kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful.
因此我更不能杀他 不然就会显得我更残暴
The whole thing is like some great nightmare.
这整件事简直就象场恶梦
He is defying you.
他是在公然向你挑战
His every victory is an act of defiance.
他每一次的胜利都是种反抗的举动
The mob sees this, and so do the Senate.
观众和元老院议员们都看到了
Every day he lives, they grow bolder.
只要他存在一天 他们就会越来越大胆
Kill him. No.
杀了他 不行
I will not make a martyr of him.
我不会帮他成为烈士
When I went to the Senate today,
我今天去国会
I purposefully told them about using the grain reserves to pay for the games.
特意告诉他们 我用了谷物贮备来支付竞技赛
And did you note what happened?
你记得发生什么事吗
Nothing. Exactly. Nothing.
没什么 对 什么都没发生
Not a single word of protest.
一句抗♥议♥都没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!