You’ll meet them again. But not yet.
你会再见到他们的 只是时候未到
Not yet.
时候未到
Unless. Not yet.
除非 时候未到
Not yet.
时候未到
There he is.
他在那里
Out.
出来
Move, go, out!
快出来
Good to see you again, old friend.
老朋友 真高兴又看见你
Bring me fortune.
带给我财富
Have you ever seen anything like that before?
你以前看见过这么壮观的建筑吗
I didn’t know men could build such things.
我不知道他们是如何办到的
Win the crowd.
赢得观众的心
Get inside. Move.
快进去 走
Inside.
进去
He sleeps so well, because he’s loved.
他睡的好香 因为他备受宠爱
Come, brother. It’s late.
走吧 弟弟 已经很晚了
I will make Rome the wonder of the ages.
我将使罗马成为当代的奇迹
That is what Gracchus and his friends don’t understand.
那是格瑞克斯和他的朋友所不明白的
All my desires are splitting my head to pieces.
我的欲望在脑海中起伏 让我头痛欲裂
Commodus, drink this tonic.
康莫德斯 喝了这苏打水
I think the time is almost right.
我看时机已经成熟
I could announce the dissolution of the Senate
我可以在悼念父亲的庆典上
at the celebration to honor our father.
宣布解散元老院
Do you think I should?
你认为我该这么做吗
Are the people ready?
人♥民♥能接受吗
I think you need your rest now.
我想你现在需要休息
Will you stay with me?
你会不会留下来陪我
Still afraid of the dark, brother?
弟弟 你还是怕黑吗
Still.
是的
Always.
永远都怕
Stay with me tonight. You know I won’t.
今晚留下来陪我 你知道那不可能
Then kiss me.
那就吻我一下
Sleep, brother.
晚安 弟弟
Having servants who are deaf and mute
又聋又哑的仆人
at least ensures I live a little longer.
至少让我活得久一点
They’re arresting scholars now.
他们在拘捕学者
Anyone who dare speak out. Even satirists and chroniclers.
任何敢表达意见的 甚至包括作家和史学家
And mathematicians.
还有数学家
And all to feed the arena.
全部送到斗兽场
The Senate did not approve martial law.
国会没有通过戒♥严♥法
This reign of terror is entirely the Praetorians.
这全是禁卫军的恐怖势力
I’m afraid to go out after dark.
我入黑后不敢外出
You should be more afraid of your activities during the day.
你更应担心日间的出行
The Senate is full of his spies, led by that whore master, Falco.
国会中布满他的线眼 由那好色的科高领导的
But what is in his mind? That’s what I trouble myself with.
究竟他在想什么 那是最令我困惑的
He spends all his days singularly obsessed,
他整天只顾
planning the festival to honor your father.
筹划你父亲的纪念庆典
He neglects even the most fundamental task of government.
他连政♥府♥最基本的工作也忽略
So just what is he planning?
他到底在计划什么
And what pays for it?
用什么来支付
These daily games are costing a fortune, yet we have no new taxes.
每天这些竞技支出庞大 但我们没加新税项
The future.
未来
The future pays for it.
用未来支付
He’s started selling the grain reserves.
他已开始卖♥♥贮备的谷物
This can’t be true.
不是吧
He’s selling Rome’s reserves of grain.
他在卖♥♥罗马贮备的谷物
The people will be starving in two years.
人♥民♥在两年后便会捱饿
I hope they’re enjoying the games,
希望他们享受这游戏
because soon enough they’ll be dead because of them.
那些竞技不久他们便会因此而灭亡
Rome must know this. And how?
罗马人要知道真♥相♥ 怎样
He’s going to dissolve the Senate.
他打算解散国会
And who will tell them before it’s too late? You, Gracchus?
谁会及时告诉他们 你 格瑞克斯
You, Gaius.
你 盖尔斯
Will you make a speech on the floor of the Senate,
你会否在国会上发表演说
denouncing my brother?
指责我哥哥
And then see your family in the Colosseum?
然后看着你全家被推进斗兽场
Who’d dare?
谁敢
I have been living in a prison of fear every day,
我每天都活在恐惧中
because my son is heir to the throne.
因为我儿子是皇位继承人
He must die.
他一定要死
Quintus and the Praetorians would simply seize control for themselves.
但昆塔斯和禁卫军会夺去控制权
No. Cut off the head and the snake cannot strike.
不 把领导者杀了 就不会失去控制权
Lucilla, Gaius is right.
露西娜 盖尔斯说得对
Until we can neutralize the Praetorians, we can achieve nothing.
不能压制禁卫军的话 我们不会成功
So we do nothing?
那我们坐以待毙
No, child. We keep our counsel.
不 我们在暗中计划
We prepare.
我们准备
As long as the people support him, we are voices without steel.
人♥民♥支持他 我们的声音便没有力量
We are air.
我们是空气
But with every day that passes, he makes enemies.
但每天他都在竖敌
One day, he’ll have more enemies than friends.
终有一天 他的敌人会多过朋友
And on that day, we will act.
那就是我们行动的时候
Then we will strike.
那时我们便反击
But until then,
在那刻来临前
we are docile.
我们是听话的
We are obedient.
我们是服从的
And we are treacherous.
而我们亦是不忠的
Come on!
快
All right, that’s enough.
好了 够了
The Emperor wants battles,
皇帝想看搏斗
and I don’t want to sacrifice my best fighters.
但我不想牺牲最好的斗士
The crowd wants battles, so the Emperor gives them battles.
观众想看竞技 所以皇帝就举办大型的竞技搏斗
You get the battle of Can’thage. Massacre of Can’thage.
你的人将参加迦太基的战役 迦太基的大屠♥杀♥
Well, why don’t you go down to the prison,
你为什么不把监狱里的
round up all the beggars and thieves?
乞丐小偷都找来
We’ve done that.
我们早就这么做了
If you want to give away the best gladiators
如果你想要我牺牲
in the whole of the empire,
全帝国最棒的角斗士
then I want double the rates.
就得给我双倍的钱
You’ll get your contract rates, or you’ll get your contract canceled.
我们要么按照合约给钱 要么就取消合约
You don’t like it?
你不高兴吗
Then you can crawl back down that shit hole that you came from.
那就滚回你的老家去
Cassius, please. You can free us.
等等 卡西亚斯
Gladiator, are you the one they call the Spaniard?
你就是外号♥”西班牙人”的角斗士吗
Yes.
是的
They said you were a giant.
他们都说你力大无穷
They said you could crush a mars skull with one hand.
他们说你单手就能捏碎大人的头
A mars? No.
大人的 不可能
A boy’s.
小孩的也许可以
Do they have good horses in Spain? Some of the best.
西班牙有良种马吗 有最优秀的马
This is Argento and this is Scan’to.
这是银子 这是黑点
They were my horses.
他们是我的马
They were taken from me.
可是被别人抢走了
I like you, Spaniard. I shall cheer for you.
我很喜欢你 西班牙人 我会替你加油的
They let you watch the games? My uncle says it makes me strong.
他们准你看竞技比赛 我舅舅说这会使我变得勇敢
And what does your father say? My father is dead.
那你父亲怎样说 我父亲死了
Master Lucius, it is time.
卢修斯少爷 该走了
I have to go.
我得走了
Your name is Lucius?
你叫卢修斯
Lucius Verus, after my father.
卢修斯·维勒斯 为了纪念我父亲
Lower!
往下放
Claudius! Yes?
哥地亚斯 是
More shields! All right.
还要更多的盾牌 好的
When the Emperor enters, raise your weapons, salute him,
当皇上进场时 举起你们的武器向他致敬
and then speak together.
然后齐声向他问候
Face the Emperor and don’t turn your back on him.
面对着皇帝 不可以背对着他
Go, and die with honor.
去吧 为荣誉而战
Hail, mighty Caesar!
欢迎伟大的凯撒
Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar!
凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒
We who are about to die salute you! We who are about to die salute you!
角斗士们向您致敬 角斗士们向您致敬