I doubt many of the people eat so well as you do, Gracchus.
我怀疑民众是否象你一样丰衣足食 格瑞克斯
Or have such splendid mistresses, Gaius.
或是像盖尔斯一样妻妾成群
I think I understand my own people.
我自认了解我的子民
Then perhaps Caesar will be so good as to teach us,
那么根据您个人的多方面的经验
out of his own extensive experience.
陛下或许会不吝赐教
I call it love.
我认为是爱
I am their father. The people are my children.
我会爱民如子 因为他们都是我的子民
And I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly.
我会将他们紧紧的拥抱在我的胸前
Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire?
陛下 你曾拥抱过身染瘟疫的人吗
No, but if you interrupt me again,
没有 但如果你再打断我的话
I assure you that you shall.
我保证你一定会的
Senator, my brother is very tired.
议员 我弟弟非常疲倦
Leave your list with me. Caesar shall do all that Rome requires.
把议程给我 凯撒应该照人♥民♥的意愿行事
My lady, as always, your lightest touch commands obedience.
夫人 你总是让人不能不服
Who are they to lecture me?
他们凭什么对我说教
Commodus, the Senate has its uses.
康莫德斯 元老院自有它的用处
What uses? All they do is talk.
什么用处 他们只会耍嘴皮子
It should be just you and me and Rome.
根本就只需要你和我
Don’t even think it. There’s always been a Senate.
千万不可以这么想 元老院自建国之初就存在着
Rome has changed.
罗马已经变了
It takes an emperor to rule an empire.
只要有一个皇帝就可以治理帝国了
Of course, but leave the people their.
当然 让人♥民♥继续拥有
Illusions?
幻想
Traditions.
传统
My father’s war against the barbarians.
我父亲对野蛮人发动战争
He said it himself, it achieved nothing. But the people loved him.
他自己也承认那毫无意义 但是人♥民♥敬爱他
The people always love victories.
人♥民♥总是喜欢胜利的感觉的
Why? They didn’t see the battles.
为什么 他们并没有目睹战争的残酷
What do they care about Germania?
日耳曼人和他们毫不相关
They care about the greatness of Rome.
他们只关心罗马的富强
“The greatness of Rome.”
“罗马的富强”
Well, what is that?
那到底是什么呢
It’s an idea. Greatness.
是一种理念 富强
Greatness is a vision. Exactly. A vision.
富强是一种憧憬 没错 一个憧憬
Do you not see, Lucilla?
你还不明白吗 露西拉
I will give the people a vision of Rome, and they’ll love me for it.
我会给人♥民♥一个罗马的新憧憬 他们会为此而敬爱我
And they’ll soon forget the tedious sermonizing of a few dry old men.
他们很快就会忘掉那几个爱说教的老头
I will give the people the greatest vision of their lives.
我会给罗马人♥民♥一个前所未有的憧憬
White and red wine for your drinking pleasure!
红酒白酒任君畅饮
Games.
竞技
One hundred and fifty days of games.
整整150天的竞技活动
He’s cleverer than I thought.
他比我想象中的要聪明
Clever. The whole of Rome would be laughing at him,
聪明 要不是因为害怕他的禁卫队
if they werert so afraid of his Praetorians.
全罗马的人都会嘲笑他的
Fear and wonder. A powerful combination.
害怕和好奇 强而有力的组合
You really think the people are going to be seduced by that?
你真的认为民众会被他的手段所欺骗吗
I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob.
我觉得他了解罗马的本质 罗马是由一群乌合之众组成的
Conjure magic for them, and they’ll be distracted.
变魔术给他们看 就可以转移他们的注意力
Take away their freedom, and still they’ll roar.
夺去他们的自♥由♥ 他们还是会继续哄堂大笑
The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate.
维系着罗马命脉的并不是元老院里的大理石
It’s the sand of the Colosseum.
而是竞技场内的沙地
He’ll bring them death,
他会把死亡带给人♥民♥
and they will love him for it.
而人♥民♥会为此而敬爱他
All you do is kill, kill, kill.
你只需杀杀杀
The crowd don’t want a butcher, they want a hero.
观众不是要屠夫 他们要英雄
We want them to keep coming back.
我们要他们不断回来看
So don’t just hack them to pieces, remember you are an entertainer.
所以不要只顾把他们斩杀 记着你是要娱乐观众
Spaniard.
西班牙人
So entertain!
快去娱乐他们
Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained?
你们还不满意吗 你们还不满意吗
Is this not why you’re here?
你们不正是为此而来这里的吗
Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard!
西班牙人 西班牙人 西班牙人
Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard!
西班牙人 西班牙人 西班牙人 西班牙人 西班牙人 西班牙人
What do you want?
你想要些什么
Girl?
女孩
Boy?
男孩
You sent for me. Yes, I did.
你找我有事 是的
You’re good, Spaniard, but you’re not that good.
西班牙人 你的确很棒 但你还不是最厉害的
You could be magnificent.
你可以变的更优秀
I’m required to kill, so I kill. That is enough.
我杀人是因为你要我这么做 这样就够了
That’s enough for the provinces, but not for Rome.
也许在乡下小地方是够了 但在罗马却行不通
The young emperor has arranged a series of spectacles
那年轻皇帝安排了一系列表演
to commemorate his father, Marcus Aurelius.
来纪念他的父亲 马可·奥勒留
I find that amusing,
我觉得很好笑
since it was Marcus Aurelius, the wise,
因为正是马可·奥勒留
the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, that closed us down.
博学 无所不知的马可·奥勒留 禁止了搏斗竞技活动
So finally, after five years of scratching a living
在这个跳蚤为患的村庄
in flea-infested villages,
生活了五年以后
we’re finally going back to where we belong.
我们终于要回到属于我们的地方
The Colosseum.
罗马竞技场
You should see the Colosseum, Spaniard.
你应该去看看竞技场 西班牙人
Fifty thousand Romans,
五万罗马观众
watching every movement of your sword,
注视着你斗剑时的一举一动
willing you to make that killer blow.
期待你挥出致命的一击
The silence before you strike and the noise afterwards.
在你挥剑之前的寂静和那之后的骚动
It rises. It rises up,
喧闹声不断的提高
like a storm.
就象一场暴风雨
As if you were the thunder god himself.
而你自己就是雷神
You were a gladiator? Yes, I was.
你曾是个角斗士 对 我是
You won your freedom?
你赢得了你的自♥由♥
A long time ago, the Emperor
很久以前 皇帝
presented me with a rudius.
送给我一把剑
It’s just a wooden sword.
那只是一把木剑
The symbol of your freedom.
你得到自♥由♥的象征
He touched me on the shoulder, and I was free.
他用木剑点了点我的肩 我便获得了自♥由♥
You knew Marcus Aurelius?
你认识马可·奥勒留
I did not say I knew him. I said he touched me on the shoulder once.
我没说我认识他 我说他曾经碰过我的肩膀
You asked me what I want.
你问我到底想要什么
I, too, want to stand in front of the Emperor,
我也希望站在皇帝面前
as you did.
就像你一样
Then listen to me. Learn from me.
那你就得听我的 向我学习
I wasrt the best, because I killed quickly.
我并不是最棒的 因为我杀人太快了
I was the best, because the crowd loved me.
我之所以是最棒的 是因为民众崇拜我
Win the crowd, and you’ll win your freedom.
赢取观众的心 你就能赢得自♥由♥
I will win the crowd.
我会赢得观众的心
I will give them something they’ve never seen before.
我将让他们看见从未见过的东西
So, Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together
那么 西班牙人 我们一起去罗马
and have bloody adventures.
展开一趟血腥的冒险
And the great whore will suckle us
观众会让我们的荷包撑满
until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more.
开心的笑不出来
And then,
然后
when enough men have died,
杀了足够多的人后
perhaps you will have your freedom.
也许你就可以得到你的自♥由♥
Here. Use this.
接着 这个给你
It’s somewhere out there, my country.
在远处的某个地方 有我的祖国
My home.
我的家
My wife is preparing food.
我的妻子正在准备食物
My daughters carry water from the river.
我的女儿从河边打水回来
Will I ever see them again?
我还能再见到他们吗
I think, no.
我想 没机会了
Do you believe you’ll see them again when you die?
你相信死后能再见到他们吗
I think so.
我相信
But then, I will die soon.
但是 我很快就会死了
They will not die for many years.
他们会再活很多年
I’ll have to wait.
我得等他们
But you would? Wait?
但是你愿意 等
Of course.
当然
You see,
你知道的
my wife and my son
我的妻儿
are already waiting for me.
已经在等着我了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!