You need both, I think.
我想 两种人你都需要
Get up.
站起来
What’s your trade?
你以前是干什么的
I was a hunter.
我是猎人
No, I bought him from a salt mine in Can’thage.
不 我是在迦太基附近的盐矿场把他买♥♥来的
Sit down.
坐下
Mark of the legion.
军团的标记
Deserter. Maybe so, but who cares?
逃兵 也许是吧 有谁在乎呢
He’s a Spaniard.
他是个西班牙人
I’ll take six. For 1,000.
我要六个人 给你1000
1,000? The Numidian alone is won’th 2,000.
一千 那个努米底亚人就值2000了
These slaves are rotten.
这群奴隶根本不中用
It all adds to the flavor. No, no, no, wait! Wait!
人不可貌相 不 不 不 不 等等
I can negotiate.
价钱好商量
I’ll give you 2,000, and 4,000 for the beasts.
我给你2000 另外给4000买♥♥那些野兽
That’s 5,000 for an old friend.
既然是老朋友 一共给你5000
Come on! How long does it take to get into my own house?
快一点 还有多久才能回到家
I am Proximo.
我是普罗西莫
I shall be closer to you for the next few days,
接下来的几天 将是你们悲惨的日子
which will be the last of your miserable lives,
结束前的最后的几天 我会和你们异常的亲近
than that bitch of a mother that brought you screaming into this world.
胜过把你们带到这世界来的该死的母亲
I did not pay good money for you for your company.
我不是花钱买♥♥你们来做伴的
I paid it so that I could profit from your death.
我出钱是为了从你们的死亡中获利
And as your mother was there at your beginning,
你们的人生开始时有母亲在旁边
so I shall be there at your end.
结束时我会在你们的身旁
And when you die, and die you shall,
等到死亡的命运降临时
your transition shall be to the sound of.
你们将因人们的欢呼而升华
Gladiators,
角斗士们
I salute you.
我向你们致敬
Red.
红色
Yellow.
黄色
Good.
很好
Red.
红色
Spaniard.
西班牙人
That’s enough for the moment!
到此为止
His time will come.
他迟早得认命的
Next.
下一个
Spaniard,
西班牙佬
why don’t you fight?
你为什么不还手
We all have to fight.
我们必须要搏斗
Well, I don’t fight.
我决不搏斗
I shouldn’t be here, I’m a scribe, I write down words,
我不应在这里 我是书吏 我负责记录
and speak seven languages.
我会说七种语言
Good.
那好
Tomorrow, you can scream in seven languages.
明天你可用七种语言尖叫
Perhaps the scribe will be the one who wins his freedom.
或许书吏是例外 可以赢取自♥由♥
Freedom?
自♥由♥
What do I have to do?
我需要做什么
You go in the arena and you kill me.
你进竞技场 杀了我
And him,
还有他
and the Numidian,
和这努米底亚人
and the deserter.
和这逃兵
And 100 more.
再多100个人
And when there’s no more to fight, you’re free.
直到你杀了所有斗士 你便自♥由♥了
I can’t do that.
我做不到
No?
做不到
But I can.
但我做得到
Is that the sign of your gods?
那是你信奉的神吗
Will that not anger them?
这样做他们不会生气吗
The gods favor you.
神眷顾你
Red is the gods’ color.
红色是天神的颜色
You will need their help today.
今天你会需要他们帮助
Proximo!
普罗西莫
Still leading with the German?
一直是日耳曼领导的
The crowd love a barbarian.
观众喜欢野蛮人
Besides that, he’s making me rich.
而且 他令我富有
Has that Numidian fought before?
那努米底亚人搏斗过没有
No, first time.
没有 第一次
And that one, laborer, soldier?
那个 是奴隶 士兵
He’s a Spaniard.
他是西班牙人
He might as well be a eunuch for what he brings to the ring.
在场上像个废人一样
500 sestertii, the Numidian and Spaniard team makes it through.
五百元买♥♥努米底亚人和西班牙人那队会过关
And 1,000, that the Numidian makes it through alone.
一千元 如果努米底亚人独自过关
Are you asking me to bet against my own man?
你要我买♥♥自己的人输
It’s unethical.
那是不道德的
What if I make it 2, 000?
如果我加到二千元呢
Some of you are thinking you won’t fight,
你们当中有些人不愿意上场搏斗
some that you can’t fight.
有些觉得你不能搏斗
They all say that until they’re out there.
他们都喜欢唱高调 除非真正轮到自己出场
Listen.
你们听
Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
杀 杀 杀 杀 杀 杀
Thrust this into another mars flesh,
把刀用力刺进别人的身体里
and they will applaud and love you for that.
观众会为此而向你喝彩 崇拜你
And you,
而你
you may begin to love them
你也会开始为了喝彩声
for that.
而爱上他们
Ultimately, we’re all dead men.
最终 我们都会化为一堆枯骨
Sadly, we cannot choose how,
可悲的是 我们无权选择命运
but we can decide how we meet that end,
但有权决定如何面对死亡
in order that we are remembered
惟有如此 才能作为人
as men.
被人们追忆
Come on!
快
On the left, draw your shields!
左边的 拿盾牌
On the right, draw your swords!
右边的 拿剑
Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
杀 杀 杀 杀 杀 杀
Pair them up, red with yellow.
两人一组 红色和黄色一起
Next!
下一个
Move!
打
Usurper!
夺权者
Go away! You’ll never rule us, Commodus!
滚开 我们不要你统治 康莫德斯
He enters Rome like a conquering hero. But what has he conquered?
他象个凯♥旋♥的英雄般回到罗马 但他到底征服了什么呢
Give him time, Gracchus. He’s young.
给他点时间 格瑞克斯 他还年轻
I think he could do very well.
我相信他可以做的很好
For Rome, or for you?
为罗马 还是为你
Go to your mother, Lucius. It’s what she’d like.
卢修斯 去欢迎你的母亲 她会很高兴的
Lucius! Mother!
卢修斯 妈妈
Hail, Caesar.
向你致敬 凯撒
Senators.
议员们
Rome greets her new emperor.
罗马欢迎她的新皇帝
Your loyal subjects bid you welcome, Highness.
你忠心的臣子们向你表示欢迎 陛下
Thank you, Falco.
谢谢你 佛克
And for the loyal subjects, I trust they werert too expensive.
说到忠心的子民 我相信他们并不太昂贵
Caesar. Gracchus.
凯撒 格瑞克斯
All Rome rejoices in your return, Caesar.
罗马为你的归来而欢呼 凯撒
But there are many matters that require your attention.
有许多政务等你来处理
To order, please. To order.
请肃静 肃静
For your guidance, Caesar,
为了请你指引 凯撒
the Senate has prepared a series of protocols
元老院已经拟订一系列的议程 好方便陛下过目
to begin addressing the many problems in the city,
开始解决城市里的众多问题
beginning with basic sanitation for the Greek Quarter,
首先是希腊区的基础卫生设备
to combat the plague which is already springing up there.
设法消灭该区正在蔓延的瘟疫
So, if Caesar.
所以 如果凯撒
Don’t you see, Gracchus?
你难道还不明白 格瑞克斯
That’s the very problem, isn’t it?
这才是问题的重点 不是吗
My father spent all his time at study,
我父亲花费毕生的时间
at books of learning and philosophy.
研读书本中的知识和哲学
He spent his twilight hours reading scrolls from the Senate.
他的晚年尽在阅读元老院的卷轴中度过
And all the while, the people were forgotten.
然而自始至终 他却忽略了人♥民♥
But the senate is the people, sire,
但元老会就代表人♥民♥ 陛下
chosen from among the people to speak for the people.
由人♥民♥中选出议员 为人♥民♥说话