Will you serve my brother as you served his father?
你会像追随我父亲那样对我弟弟效忠吗
I will always serve Rome.
我会永远对罗马效忠
Do you know,
你知道吗
I still remember you in my prayers.
我还是不忘替你祈祷
Oh, yes. I pray.
是的 我有祈祷
I was sad to hear of your husband’s death. I mourned him.
听到你丈夫去世的消息我很难过 我替他追悼
Thank you. And I hear you have a son.
谢谢你 我听说你有个儿子
Yes. Lucius.
是 他叫卢修斯
He’ll be nearly eight years old.
他快八岁了
My son is also nearly eight.
我儿子也快八岁
I thank you for your prayers.
谢谢你的祈祷
Ancestors, I ask for your guidance.
祖先们 我祈求你们指引我
Blessed Mother, come to me with the gods’ desire for my future.
天上的母亲 求你指示我未来的方向
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword.
天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
请转告他们 我只是为再次拥抱他们而活
Ancestors, I honor you,
祖先们 我荣耀你们
and will try to live with the dignity you have taught me.
并将谨遵祖训 有尊严的活下去
Cicero.
西斯洛
Sir.
主人
Do you ever find it hard to do your duty?
我不觉得履行义务很困难吗
Sometimes I do what I want to do.
有时我做我想做的事
The rest of the time, I do what I have to.
其余的时间我做我应该做的事
We may not be able to go home, after all.
也许我们还是不能回家去
Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?
你准备好对罗马履行你的职责了吗
Yes, Father.
是的 父亲
You will not be emperor.
你不会成为皇帝
Which wiser, older man is to take my place?
哪位年长的智者会取代我的地位
My powers will pass to Maximus,
我会将政♥权♥移交给马西墨斯
to hold in trust,
直到确认
until the Senate is ready to rule once more.
元老院准备好再次治理罗马
Rome is to be a republic again.
罗马♥会♥再度成为共和国
Maximus. Yes.
马西墨斯 对
My decision disappoints you?
我的决定使你失望了吗
You wrote to me once,
你曾写信给我
listing the four chief virtues.
上面列举了四种主要的美德
Wisdom,
智慧
justice,
公正
fortitude,
坚毅
and temperance.
和自律
As I read the list, I knew I had none of them.
读完信后 我就明白自己一种都不具备
But I have other virtues, Father.
但我有其他的美德 父亲
Ambition.
野心
That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel.
当它驱使我们做的更优秀的时候 这也是一种美德
Resourcefulness, courage.
智谋 勇气
Perhaps not on the battlefield, but there are many forms of courage.
也许和行军打仗无关 但勇气也有很多种的
Devotion to my family,
对家庭的全心全意的奉献
to you.
还有对你的爱
But none of my virtues were on your list.
但你完全不欣赏我所有的优点
Even then it was as if you didn’t want me for your son.
就像你根本不希望有我这样的儿子
Commodus,
康莫德斯
you go too far.
你想的太多了
I searched the faces of the gods
我向天上的诸神祈求
for ways to please you, to make you proud.
让我能够讨你欢心 让你能够以我为荣
One kind word,
只要一句赞美
one full hug,
或是一个拥抱
where you pressed me to your chest and held me tight,
把我紧紧的抱在你怀里
would have been like the sun on my heart for 1, 000 years.
都会象慈蔼的阳光温暖我的心
What is it in me you hate so much?
为什么你如此讨厌我
Commodus.
康莫德斯
All I’ve ever wanted
我不敢有任何奢求
was to live up to you, Caesar.
只求能符合你的期望 凯撒
Father. Commodus,
父亲 康莫德斯
your faults as a son
养子不教
is my failure as a father.
实为我作为父亲的过错啊
Come.
过来
Father.
父亲
I would butcher the whole world,
为了让你能爱我
if you would only have loved me!
即使血洗天下我也在所不惜
Maximus, the Emperor needs you. It’s urgent.
马西墨斯 皇帝有急事要找你
Lament with me, brother.
和我一起哀悼 兄弟
Our great father is dead.
我们伟大的父亲去世了
How did he die?
他怎样死的
The surgeons say there was no pain.
医生们说是呼吸衰竭
His breath gave out as he slept.
他在睡梦中安详的走了
Father.
父亲
Your emperor asks for your loyalty, Maximus.
新皇帝需要你的忠诚 马西墨斯
Take my hand.
宣誓效忠于我
I only offer it once.
我只给你一次机会
Quintus.
昆塔斯
Hail, Caesar.
凯撒万岁
I must talk to the senators. I need their counsel.
我要去见议员们 我需要他们的意见
Wake Gaius and Falco. Gaius and Falco.
去叫醒盖尔斯和佛克 盖尔斯和佛克
Sword. Sword.
我的剑 剑
Maximus, please be careful. That was not prudent.
马西墨斯 请三思而行 你的举动太过轻率
Prudent? The Emperor has been slain.
轻率 皇帝是被人谋杀的
The emperor died of natural causes.
皇帝是自然死亡
Why are you armed, Quintus? Guards!
你为什么全副武装 昆塔斯 守卫
Please don’t fight, Maximus.
请不要反抗 马西墨斯
I’m sorry. Caesar has spoken.
我很抱歉 是凯撒下的命令
Ride until dawn,
骑马西行
and then execute him.
在拂晓前处死他
Quintus, look at me. Look at me!
昆塔斯 看着我 看着我
Promise me that you will look after my family.
答应我 你会好好照顾我的家人
Your family will meet you in the afterlife.
你的家人会在黄泉路上与你相会的
Kneel.
跪下
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son.
天上的父亲 请保护我的妻子和儿子
Whisper to them that I live only to hold them again.
转告他们我只为再次拥抱他们而活
At least give me a clean death.
至少让我死的痛快点
A soldier’s death.
一个军人式的死亡
The frost, sometimes it makes the blade stick.
有时候 霜会把刀刃粘住的
Praetorian!
禁卫兵
When was the last time you were home?
你上次回家是什么时候
Two years, 26♥4♥ days and this morning.
2年26♥4♥天 再算上今天早晨
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword.
天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿
I will try to live with the dignity you have taught me.
我会尝试像你教导一样有尊严地生活
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们
With a ready sword, for all else is dust and air.
世间名利 于我皆如粪土
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们
For all else is dust and air.
于我皆如粪土
Papa!
爸爸
Don’t die.
你不能死
You’ll meet them again.
你们会再见面的
Not yet.
现在还不是时候
No. They will clean it. Wait and see.
不 他们能洁净你的伤口 等着瞧吧
Don’t die.
千万别死
They’ll feed you to the lions.
他们会拿你喂狮子的
They are won’th more than we are.
它们比我们更值钱
Better now?
好点了吧
Clean. You see?
看见了吗 伤口已经消炎了
Proximo! My old friend.
普罗西莫 我的老朋友
Every day is a great day when you are here,
每次只要是你来这里 那天就一定会是个好日子
but today is your most fortunate day.
今天是你最幸运的一天
Those giraffes you sold me, they won’t mate.
你卖♥♥给我的那些长颈鹿 根本不会交♥配♥
Theyjust walk around eating and not mating.
他们只会走来走去吃东西却不交♥配♥
You sold me queer giraffes.
你卖♥♥给我的长颈鹿是同性恋
I want my money back. Not a chance.
快把钱退还给我 不可能
I do special price for you. On what?
我给你好价钱 什么货
Have you seen my new stock? Come and see them.
你看过我的新货了吗 去看看吧
Do any of them fight? I’ve got a match coming up.
他们有谁懂得搏斗吗 我最近会有一场比赛
Some are good for fighting, others for dying.
有些人善于搏斗 其他人只会去送死