I see.
我明白了
What is it? Are you puzzled about something?
你在看什么? 你很迷惑么?
Yeah. I guess I am, Melvin.
是 大概是吧 Melvin
I guess I’m puzzled as to why it is I have to be in a mental institution.
我大概在疑惑 为什么我会在精神病院
You put yourself here. My parents put me here.
是你自己 把自己送了进来 是我父母送我进来的
No, they didn’t.
不 不是他们
Everyone here’s fucking crazy!
这里每一个人都他妈的是疯子!
You want to go home.
你想回家
Same problem.
家也不清净
M.G., look at me.
M.G. 看着我
Play with me.
陪我玩玩嘛
Don’t be sad, don’t be sad.
别不高兴 开心点啦
Lisa. Yeah.
Lisa 嗯
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh. What are these? Colace. It’s just a laxative.
哦 这些是什么? 多库酯钠 就是轻泻药
I don’t need them.
我用不着
Are we going to have a problem?
你想没事找事儿?
May I see? Thank you.
我检查下? 谢谢
Surrender.
投降吧
Are we going to have a problem?
你想没事找事儿?
No. No problem.
没 没事儿
Susanna. Phone call, booth one.
Susanna 你的电♥话♥ 1号♥位
Hello?
喂?
Hold on.
等等
Hello? Susanna?
喂? Susanna?
Hi, Mom. Hi, honey. Your father’s on too.
嗨 妈 嗨 亲爱的 你♥爸♥也在
He just got back from reserve hearings.
他刚开完储备金听证会
His plane got stuck at Dulles.
回来的时候还在杜勒斯机场耽搁了一会儿
How’re you doing, honey? I’m fine, Dad.
你怎么样了 亲爱的? 我很好 爸
You know, sweetheart… Oh, God!
你知道 亲爱的… 噢 天啊!
Valerie, please.
Valerie 求求你
If you can’t give me any Ex-Lax, can I please have some Colace, please?
就算不给泻药 来点轻泻药总行吧?
No. No more laxatives.
没 不能再给你轻泻药了
Margie? I can get her some prune juice.
Margie? 我可以给她点李子汁
Prune juice!
李子汁!
This is outrageous.
太可恶了
She was wondering whether you’d made new friends, and I said…
你奶奶在好奇 你是否交了新朋友 然后我说…
“No, Mom. This isn’t Camp Winnetka. ”
“不 妈 这可不是温尼卡夏令营 ”
Daisy? Fuck off.
Daisy? 滚开
I have something you want.
我有你要的东西
Come in.
进来
You’re all packed up. I’m leaving in a month.
你都打包好了 一个月后我就能出去了
My dad got me an apartment.
我爸给我买♥♥了公♥寓♥
Really? Where? What kind of… It’s near the airport.
真的? 在哪儿? 是哪种… 在机场附近
One bedroom, two baths, eat-in chicken. He fixed it up real nice for me.
一个卧室 两个浴室 附带熟鸡 一切都为我安排好了
You mean “eatin kitchen.” That’s what I said, asshole.
你是说”附带厨房♥”吧 是这意思 混♥蛋♥
So what do you have that I want?
你有什么是我想要的?
Put it on the bed and get out. Put yours on the bed.
放在床上 然后出去 把你的也放床上
Oh, Jesus. Get out! Get out!
噢 天 出去! 滚出去!
Come on, Daisy. Don’t take advantage just because she’s new.
别啊 Daisy 别欺负人家新来的
Pony up some Valium. Get the fuck out…
拿点安定来 滚你丫的…
or I’m calling Valerie! Valerie!
不然我就叫Valerie来! Valerie!
Yeah, yeah. Why don’t you… why don’t you call Valerie?
好啊 你叫吧 为什么… 不叫Valerie 叫啊?
Let’s call Valerie and ask her for some Colace
叫她给你点轻泻药
just like Susie Q’s got in her fucking hand.
给点Susie Q手中的那玩意儿
Why does it stink in here?
这儿怎么这么臭?
I don’t take Valium. I know, Daisy. That’s the point.
我不吃安定 我知道 Daisy 你不吃
You don’t take them. They give them to you, and you don’t take them.
你不吃安定 医生给你开了 但你没吃
Are you going to eat that or… or…
你是要吃那劳什子鸡 还是… 还是…
Checks. Hey, you’ve got visitors, Daisy.
查房♥ 嘿 有人看你来了 Daisy
I want some fucking Colace.
给我点轻泻药
Talk to Melvin tomorrow.
明天和Melvin说去吧
You know what I think? I think you want to poop, Daisy.
知道我怎么看么? 我看啊 你是很想拉屎吧 Daisy
I think it’s been days.
我知道 你可是便秘了好久
It’s okay. I don’t care. I do! I do care!
没事儿 我不在意 我在意! 我很在意!
So Daddy buys you a private and no one gets in.
老爹给你买♥♥了个私人寓所 别人进不去
You never leave except for when Valerie makes you go to the cafeteria…
你从不去餐厅吃东西 除非Valerie逼你…
where you never eat.
去了也是啥都不吃
You’re a laxative junkie, so…
我一直以为 你和变♥态♥瘦身狂Janet是同类…
I always thought you were like Janet but then here you are with this chicken.
都是吃泻药上瘾的垃圾 但你却终日龟缩在这里吃鸡
So what’s with that, huh?
这怎么解释呢 哈?
My dad owns a deli, asshole, with a rotisserie.
我爸开了家熟食店 混♥蛋♥ 还有烤肉店
I like my dad’s chicken, and when I eat something else, I puke.
我只喜欢吃我爸做的鸡 别的我都想吐
But why do you eat it here? Why don’t you like to go to the cafeteria?
为什么要在这里吃? 为什么不喜欢去自助餐厅?
Which do you like better?
一个人拉屎 还是任由Valerie看着你拉屎?
Taking a dump alone or with Valerie watching?
要是你 你会选哪样?
Alone.
一个人
Everyone likes to be alone when it comes out.
每个人都喜欢一个人拉屎
I like to be alone when it goes in.
我喜欢一个人吃东西
To me, the cafeteria is like being with 20 girls all at once taking a dump.
对我来说 去自助餐厅 就好像和20个女生一起拉屎
That is fucked up, Daisy.
你真能吹 Daisy
Come on.

All right, assholes!
服了你们了 混♥蛋♥!
Fine. Here.
好吧 给你们
No. Lisa, don’t! No, please!
Lisa 别! 求你了 别!
Dios fucking mio.
操♥你♥祖♥宗♥的
I guess that’s how Daddy knows she’s eating.
老爹就是这么发现她吃鸡的吧
When I get five, Valerie makes me throw them away.
等我攒够五只 Valerie就会叫我扔掉
Scribble, scribble, scribble.
鬼画符 真是鬼画符
Written anything about me yet? Don’t do that!
有没有写我啊? 别这样!
Okay.
好的
Lisa?
Lisa啊?
Is Daisy really getting out?
Daisy真的要出去了么?
Yeah.
是啊
She coughed up a big one.
她花了一大笔钱
How can… I mean, she’s insane.
这怎么… 我是说 她简直不可理喻
That’s what “ther-rape-me” is all about.
这就是所谓的心理行业
That’s why fucking Freud’s picture is on every shrink’s wall.
这就是所有心理医生的墙上 都挂着弗洛伊德画像的原因
He created an industry. You lie down, you confess your secrets, you’re saved.
他开创了这行业 你敞开心胸 坦白秘密 才能得到救赎
The more you confess, the more they think about setting you free.
你坦白的越多 才能获得更多的自♥由♥
But what if you don’t have a secret?
假若你没有秘密呢?
Then you’re a lifer, like me.
那就和我一样 被判无期徒刑
I was changing her diaper…
我在给她换尿布…
and I turned to get the powder…
转身去拿爽身粉…
and while my back was turned, she rolled off the bed.
当我转身时 她就从床上滚了下来
She rolled off the bed and broke her leg.
从床上滚下来 摔断了腿
The doctor put her in a body cast, but he also strapped her down.
医生把她固定在床板上
This has nothing to do… You never told me this.
这没一点关系… 你从未跟我提起过
Carl had been planning this trip to Santa Monica…
Carl当时计划去圣莫尼卡…
but he had a commitment with RAND, so we took her with us.
他已经和当地的蓝德公♥司♥签了约 我们只好带上她
On the back seat, strapped to this board, 4,000 miles.
把她绑在木板上 放在车后座 旅行4千英里
If you like, Mrs. Kaysen, we can discuss this further…
如果你愿意 Kaysen夫人 我们可以在外面…
on the way out…
详谈此事…
Just how long is my daughter going to be here?
我女儿到底还要在这呆多久?
With all due respect, Mr. Kaysen…
恕我直言 Kaysen先生…
psychiatry and economics are different.
精神病学和经济学是两码事
The length of Susanna’s stay isn’t fixed.
Susanna要在这呆多久
It depends on her response to treatment.
取决于她治疗的效果
For what? Depression? It’s almost Christmas.
为什么? 就因为有点抑郁? 这都快圣诞了
What are we supposed to say to the people back home who care about her?
我们要怎么跟回家问候她的人解释呢?
You see, Melvin, what’s going on here…
你瞧瞧 Melvin 我父母少了我…
is my parents are having a little holiday cocktail Christmas party crisis.
可就不好开鸡尾酒圣诞派对了
Susanna. What?
Susanna 啥?
What is this borderline business you mentioned on the phone?
你在电♥话♥上说到的边界人格到底怎么回事?
Look…
听着…
I don’t think that’s useful to Susanna.
我觉得这对Susanna没用
I mean, not… What “borderline business”?
我是说 不是… 什么”边界人格”?
You see, the mind… Borderline what?
你瞧 人脑… 啥边界?
Borderline between what and what?
什么和什么的边界?
Melvin?
Melvin?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!